No Weather, Toxic Stall Team

Toxic Stall Team

Hello Smogon Community, this is my first post so hopefully I will do this correctly :). This is a toxic stall team that I have been using and updating since I started playing meta game. It use to have Machamp instead of Conkeldurr and and many other Pokemon have been changed out throughout time. The key to my teams success is Porygon2 and Gliscor toxicing and stalling out my opponents team as the other Pokemon in my party take out the rest that can't be so easily toxic stalled. Hopefully you guys will give me some suggestions on how to best change my team to make it even more powerfull than it is now. I'm open to change so suggest whatever.

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Payback
- Mach Punch
- Facade

To start off, I have my power house Conkeldurr. After flame orb kicks in Conkeldurr gets an attack of 624. Drain punch is the main stab move and is used to heal him and keep him alive for a bit longer. Payback is used instead of ice punch because I already have checks for dragons. Also payback can kill ghost Pokemon which Conkeldurr cannot hit with any other of his moves. Mach punch is nice for taking out Pokemon who already are weakened and facade is a deadly for when all others moves deal neutral damage.

Ducky (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Calm Nature
- Discharge
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Porygon2 is my go to wall for almost any Pokemon on my opponents team that I do not know what to do otherwise. With eviolite, its once weak stats of 260 Def and 270 SDef becomes 390 Def and 405 SDef making it almost impossible to OHKO outside of crits. In addition to its defenses, Trace makes Porygon2 even harder to take out. With trace I can get Porygon2 abilities like speed boost, multiscale, and a lot of other great abilities. For moves I gave it discharge over thunderbolt so it can paralyze steel types making them easier to take down, since they cannot be poisoned. Porygon2 is also my check for most dragon pokemon in ou and also Tornadus-t. It can OHKO Salamence and 2HKO a Dragonite and Tornadus-t without fear, even if they are boosted. The final purpose of Porygon2 is to toxic Pokemon so they can be stalled to death by Gliscor or itself with recover.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

I use Scizor as a bulky sweeper. With swords dance it can boost up to +6 atk making it nearly unstoppable. At this point Scizor can kill almost any Pokemon unharmed with bullet punch or bug bite. Roost is used so Scizor can stay alive while boosting and makes it easier to get to +6 atk. Outside of just sweeping, I use Scizor for revenge killing already weakened Pokemon with bullet punch and for blocking toxic if espeon has already been taken out. One issue with Scizor is its weakness to fire and most commonly heatran. I use porygon2 to counter since it gains flash fire making heatran unable to hurt porygon2.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Protect

Gliscor is the king of this team. I normally try to wait till the very end to use Gliscor and he is alot of times the very last Pokemon left on my team in the end. Toxic orb is used to kick in poison heal. After, this Gliscor is impossible to kill if he is in a substitute since he can substitute and protect back to full health. After a pokemon has been poisoned, Gliscor can simply sub and protect till said pokemon is defeated. I use earthquake to kill steel pokemon that otherwise cannot be taken out by toxic.

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Jolteon is the newest member of my team. Before Jolteon, I used a choice spec Jellecent who used water spout and was my main special attacker. I switched to Jolteon because I felt like I needed a bit more speed in my team and had no real way to kill a bulky pokemon like Skarmory/Politoad. Thunderbolt is my main attacking move with Jolteon. It can OHKO a bulky Politoed and a Tornadus-t. Volt switch is used for scouting.

Espeon @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Morning Sun
- Hidden Power [Fire]

One of the more fun Pokemon I have on my team is Espeon. Magic bounce makes for a great check to many Pokemon and teams that rely heavily on status moves and entry hazards. I used def EVs so it can take a hit from a physical user and can switch into fighting moves. With calm mind I can boost both SDef and SAtk allowing it to defeat special attacking Pokemon. Hp(fire) is used to OHKO Ferrothorn/Scizors and 2HKO Forretress when there is no rain.

Thanks for reading this. As said before, I'm open to any and all suggtions :)

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Payback
- Mach Punch
- Facade

Ducky (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Calm Nature
- Discharge
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Scizor @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Protect

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Trait: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Espeon @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Morning Sun
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Just a couple of things.

Why Timid on Espeon and not Bold? And why not Dual Screens on it?

Why not Choice Band Scizor with U-Turn to escape Magnezone?

@blankzero

Never really thought of putting espeon to bold, probly will help it out.

As for Scizor I don't boost or really even use my Scizor when there is a Magnezone on the team till its down. Also I like being able to sweep an entire team with Scizor. whith a choice band i can not do this. Sword dance allows me to get the power to take down many pokemon which choice band does not allow.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi Tuter King

Welcome to Smogon! This is a very solid team based around a neat strategy that has actually inspired me to build a team around the same strategy. It covers many threats well and has some surprise value as many teams are not prepared for Porygon2 and Flame Orb Conkeldurr. Looking at your team, a threat to it is Keldeo. No one on your team enjoys taking Hydro Pumps especially in the Rain coming off of the pony's base 129 Special Attack. Jolteon can outspeed it and hit it with Thunderbolt but commonly Keldeo are Choice Scarfed so Jolteon cannot revenge kill it. Your team also has a bit of a weakness to Stall teams. Espeon can bounce back hazards but typically dedicated stall teams have a check for Espeon and stall teams with dedicated walls such as Landorus-T, Tentacruel, and Ferrothorn could proove a bit troublesome for your team with entry hazards and status. For these threats, I suggest trying a Choice Scarf Latios with a move set of Draco Meteor / Psyshock / Surf / Trick in the place of Specs Jolteon. Scarf Latios is one of the best revenge killers, outspeeding a large portion of even the boosted metagame. He can easily take out Keldeo with a STAB Super Effective Psyshock. Draco Meteor is a extremely powerful attack just to fire off whenever you have an opening and Surf provides coverage against the likes of Heatran and Bronzong. In the last slot, Trick cripples defensive walls by locking them into a move and providing them with a useless speed boost. Latios is a great weapon against stall because of Trick and also because he is a pseudo mixed attacker as Draco Meteor destroys physical walls such as Landorus-T and Gliscor while Psyshock calculates damage using the defending Pokemon's physical defense and so is effective against more specially oriented walls.

I also have some smaller recommendations that can help improve your team. Ice Punch in the place of Payback on Conkeldurr is a useful change as it allows you to destroy the likes of Gliscor and Landorus-T and gives a more powerful attack against Dragon-types. You don't really need Payback as Facade already hits Psychic types extremely hard once Conkeldurr's Flame Orb activates. Lastly, Shadow Ball over Morning Sun on Espeon would be a helpful change. Morning Sun isn't very viable in the current metagame with the prevalence of Rain teams that nerfs Morning Sun's healing to just 25% and you aren't using a Sun team yourself that would maximize its effect. Shadow Ball is a decent option to provide some coverage with Psyshock to hit Psychic types.

Hope I helped and good luck with your team!

Set:
Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
-Draco Meteor
-Psyshock
-Surf
-Trick

tl;dr
Choice Specs Jolteon ----> Choice Scarf Latios
Payback on Conkeldurr ----> Ice Punch
Morning Sun on Espeon ----> Shadow Ball

@Novary

I'm glad to see you like my team. Thanks for the suggestion of Choice Scarf Latios. I just put it on my team to test it out and its doing a lot better than jolteon was doing.

As for shadow ball on espeon, I just like having a healing move and I know it isn't very good but its the best it has and works very well when there is no weather. With it I can get a good amount of boost with calm mind making espeon very strong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)