Noble Items

Ground slate
Earth Plate
Normal/ground moves boosted by 1.3 Damage, and become ground type
basic ate
Soft sand,
Adds a sand based special defense boost to ground types(does not stack with rock), activates sand based special defense boosts,1/16th health back a turn for rock/ground types.
Rock/ground types adore this item. it basically a super assault vest for rock/ground types types.
Ryperior just loves it, regirock enjoys it as well, hippowdon likes it as well
Smooth Rock
When sand is summoned it lasts for ten turns for 10 turns( rather than 5) and adds a 1.5 defense boost in sand, I'm unity to sand damage.

Say hello to the physically unbreakable hipowdon, Tyranitar becomes awsomely tanky
Shoal Salt
Makes water type moves part ground type,
makes attacks salty and kind of ground like.
Shoal Shell
gain a tertiary ground type
its a shell made up of salt, that's kind of ground like

the someone , did you mean to include the shell bell in this slate, or is it purposely Delayed until the next Slate

Last edited:
Earth Plate: The holder's Ground type moves clear everything Rapid Spin clears on impact with an opponent.
Flavor: It's still God's magic plate, just of earthiness.
Competitive: Surprise! I don't need a real spinner! Has the disadvantage that a real spinner doesn't stop being a spinner just because of a random Knock Off/Trick/etc, and fewer things are immune to Normal than to Ground, but Arceus isn't overly bothered by either of these points -it can't lose Plates and it gets Gravity.

Soft Sand: Automatically sets a Sandstorm on switch-in.
Flavor: Sand! Throw it in the air!
Competitive: What few Sand abusers there are can set their own Sand without spending a turn on it, and without requiring anybody else on the team is in on the action. On the other hand, you might be better served giving Excadrill Leftovers, a Life Orb, etc and having Tyranitar set the Sand. Useful, but not amazing. It of course is also nice for Rock types in general, being like a super Assault Vest that wears the enemy down.

Smooth Rock: The holder's Sandstorm lasts twice as long and the holder is immune to Sandstorm.
Flavor: Don't look at me, I don't see how a "smooth" (It's got bits sticking out of it, what's smooth about that?) rock extends a sandstorm in the first place.
Competitive: Standard weather lengthening effect and a reflection of FlameUser64's Icy Rock submission.

Shoal Salt: The holder cannot be Paralyzed. Clears Paralysis if acquired, but the Paralysis will return if the Shoal Salt is then lost. (as per Abilities with similar effects)
Flavor: Smelling salts.
Competitive: Arguably a bit niche, but there are Pokemon where possibly the worst thing that can happen to them is to become Paralyzed.

Shoal Shell: Critical hits can never occur against the holder.
Flavor: Shell Armor, the item.
Competitive: See Flavor. Most obviously useful to walls that want to do something like Cosmic Power up.

Earth Plate
Soft Sand
Smooth Rock
Shoal Salt

Shoal Shell (The Shell items can have similar effects between themselves or between the Shell Bell or not.)
Earth Plate: Holder's Normal-type moves become Ground, and gains a Ground immunity.
Flavor: If you're holding a piece of earth, wouldn't that let you hold onto solid ground (since most Ground-type moves distort it somehow)?
Competitive: Makes Protect not as necessary on an Earthquake team.

Soft Sand: Holder's attacks gain a 10% to nerf the target's Accuracy, should they connect.
Flavor: Soft Sand is literally ammunition for Sand-Attack.
Competitive: Makes glass cannons less likely to get hit, increasing their usability.

Smooth Rock: Sandstorm becomes 10 turns instead of 5.
Flavor: As per the others, plus smooth rocks have to have been weathered away by flying bits of sand.
Competitive: See above.

Shoal Salt: Halves damage taken from Water-type moves.
Flavor: Although adding salt to water doesn't exactly make it less threatening, it's the best thing I could come up with.
Competitive: Stops Rock/Ground Pokemon from being destroyed by a water team.

Shoal Shell: Holder's Defense rises to 1.5x, but prevents use of status moves.
Flavor: Most Pokemon with shells are physically defensive.
Competitive: Physical alternative to Assault Vest.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Time to vote!
First Choice:UserX
Second Choice:UserY
Third Choice:UserZ
The First Choice gets 3 points, second gets 2 and third gets 1. The user with most votes will have their submission added into the project itself.

Normal/ground moves boosted by 1.3 Damage, and become ground type - (Tarontos)
The holder's Ground type moves clear everything Rapid Spin clears on impact with an opponent. - (Ghoul King)
Holder's Normal-type moves become Ground, and gains a Ground immunity. - (MandL27)
Holder's offensive Ground type moves set up a layer of Spikes upon usage. - (the someone)

Adds a sand based special defense boost to ground types(does not stack with rock), activates sand based special defense boosts,1/16th health back a turn for rock/ground types. - (Tarontos)
Automatically sets a Sandstorm on switch-in. - (Ghoul King)
Holder's attacks gain a 10% to nerf the target's Accuracy, should they connect - (MandL27)

When sand is summoned it lasts for ten turns for 10 turns( rather than 5) and adds a 1.5 defense boost in sand, Immunity to sand damage. - (Tarontos)
The holder's Sandstorm lasts twice as long and the holder is immune to Sandstorm. - (Ghoul King)
Sandstorm becomes 10 turns instead of 5. - (MandL27)

Makes water type moves part ground type - (Tarontos)
The holder cannot be Paralyzed. Clears Paralysis if acquired, but the Paralysis will return if the Shoal Salt is then lost. (as per Abilities with similar effects) - (Ghoul King)
Halves damage taken from Water-type moves. - (MandL27)
User's cutting moves deal 50% more damage. (Aerial Ace, Air Cutter, Air Slash, Crabhammer, Cross Poison, Crush Claw, Cut, Dragon Claw, False Swipe, Fury Cutter, Fury Swipes, Leaf Blade, Metal Claw, Night Slash, Psycho Cut, Razor Leaf, Sacred Sword, Scratch, Secret Sword, Shadow Claw, Slash, X-Scissor) - (the someone)

Gain a tertiary ground type - (Tarontos)
Critical hits can never occur against the holder. - (Ghoul King)
Holder's Defense rises to 1.5x, but prevents use of status moves. - (MandL27)
Doubles Stockpile's stat boosts. Spit Up raises user's Att, SpA and Spe by 2 instead of it's original effect, with removal of Stockpile's boosts and restriction before using Stockpile still in effect. - (the someone)

Send your votes to me via PM.

To keep this thread active in this phase, here are some questions
  • Are there any items you want to see in the next slate? (Types only, and only after Tarontos's Steel and Flying suggestions have been slated)
  • Which entries for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
  • Are there any new possible strategies/sets that can be made with the last week's items? What Pokemon take advantage from those items?
  • What are your thoughts on Berries? How should they be slated (once we get to them)?
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
Earth Plate:
Flavor: Tectonic plate and mountain creation (to a lesser extent)!
Competitive: Makes setting up Spikes easier, thus making it a more viable hazard.

Shoal Salt:
Flavor: What happens when you put salt on a scratch or a cut? Now imagine receiving both the slash and the salt at once...
Competitive: It's a better power-boosting item to many Pokemon with combinations of those moves, especially the Swords of Justice.

Shoal Shell:
Flavor: The Pokemon stockpiles the shells it's holding, doubling it's defenses. Then it shoots them out, becoming unhindered akin to Shell Smash.
Competitive: Great for stall and defensive pokemon, but also for offensive pokemon. The Pokemon that learn Stockpile will finally be able to use it in higher tiers.

Which entries for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
I would like to point out that part of why salt hurts when put into a wound is because it's anti-bacterial. It doesn't really hurt all that much to put salt into a wound that is completely clean, while a septic wound having salt put into it can cause blackouts from the pain. So slicing someone up with a salt-edged sword would maybe hurt like a bitch but if it did it would be because it was killing infection. So that seems odd as a logic for increasing damage.

I am horrified at the idea of Tyranitar getting 50% to both defenses from Sand+item, honestly, especially since Tarontos' Smooth Rock entry is still extending Sandstorm duration.

Otherwise I have no major opinions on most entries.

What are your thoughts on Berries? How should they be slated (once we get to them)?
Honestly, I'd mostly want to focus on some of the really really bad Berries that nobody uses, like the type-resisting Berries and the "one-time Rocky Helmet" Berries. A lot of the "core" Berries (Status curing, health restoring, PP restoring, etc) are plenty useful, even if some of them are low-popularity. (eg Paralysis-curing will usually be handled by Lum instead)

Are there any new possible strategies/sets that can be made with the last week's items? What Pokemon take advantage from those items?
The Toxic Plate is a great option for wallbreakers and to a lesser extent walls themselves. There's tons of Pokemon that can potentially take advantage of it, due to Toxic being almost universally available.

The Poisoned Barb is also a really good tool for wallbreakers, but also for more straightforward offense Pokemon. One of its main uses is doing something about Unaware Pokemon -hit them with Toxic and now they take 50% more damage, Unaware or no. It can also be used to push through Poison Heal Pokemon, though more likely that's something you'll use it for if you're using it anyway than something you'll give a Pokemon to specifically achieve. Main flaws are that 1: you need to inflict Poisoning or Toxic (Which realistically means running Toxic on the holder) for a boost only equivalent to, say, Dragon Dance (And combining it with Dragon Dance is moving toward 4MSS territory) and 2: lots of things are in turn immune to being Poisoned and thus it's useless against them.

Black Sludge is, as previously stated, a direct minor upgrade to Black Sludge. (Well, there is an odd change I didn't think about: if Tricked onto a Steel type it won't hurt them, unlike Standard Black Sludge) It really comes into its own in Doubles, but even in Singles it can allow a bulky Poison type to wear down threats, particularly when combined with Toxic. Amoonguss is one of the main Pokemon that seems likely to seriously appreciate the change, but even stuff like Physically Defensive stallbreaker Gengar gets value out of it. Even the fact that Tricking your Black Sludge out is now a bad idea (since it can wear down your own teammates!) isn't a big deal, because just holding onto it and staying in has an equivalent effect while retaining the healing for yourself. Of course, a mono-Poison team can absolutely Trick it away and just laugh...

The Toxic Orb is weird. There is no Specially oriented Quick Feet Pokemon, Guts users don't care for the Special Attack boost, Zangoose doesn't care... and Poison types are unlikely to care about the effect because they're more likely to want to Trick it out or something. I get that it's meant to be a parallel to the Flame Orb winner, but honestly this seems like an "upgrade" to the Standard Toxic Orb that is going to have zero effect.

I don't think we've seen a Bug-type slate yet. That'd be fun.

the someone has a rather odd use for the Earth Plate, but it could be useful if you don't want to waste a move slot on Spikes.
Ghoul King's idea for Soft Sand seems a bit OP, especially when you put it on something that a) should have Sand Stream, and b) has another ability that benefits from sand. Sand Rush + Soft Sand new meta
Tarontos does likewise with the Smooth Rock; we don't need an already-tanky type (rock) to become even tankier.
Ghoul King, I'm not quite sure I understand where you're coming from on Shoal Salt. What does a mineral have to do with paralysis?
As for the Shoal Shell, why give a tertiary type so easily, Tarontos?

We could do Berries either all at once or by category (damage-reduction, status heal, recoil, baking only).

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
I would like to point out that part of why salt hurts when put into a wound is because it's anti-bacterial. It doesn't really hurt all that much to put salt into a wound that is completely clean, while a septic wound having salt put into it can cause blackouts from the pain. So slicing someone up with a salt-edged sword would maybe hurt like a bitch but if it did it would be because it was killing infection. So that seems odd as a logic for increasing damage.
I see. The pain does have something to do with osmosis as well, so it isn't entirely invalid. Adding Poison("infected") to that effect would have made it clustered. I suppose I'll find a better item for the slashing move boost if this one doesn't make the cut (pun intended).

Honestly, I'd mostly want to focus on some of the really really bad Berries that nobody uses, like the type-resisting Berries and the "one-time Rocky Helmet" Berries. A lot of the "core" Berries (Status curing, health restoring, PP restoring, etc) are plenty useful, even if some of them are low-popularity. (eg Paralysis-curing will usually be handled by Lum instead)
Well, yes, we'll focus on them... someday. Do you think we should slate them by similarities ("Raises ____ when HP falls below 25%" Berries all as one submission) or one by one?

The Toxic Orb is weird. There is no Specially oriented Quick Feet Pokemon, Guts users don't care for the Special Attack boost, Zangoose doesn't care... and Poison types are unlikely to care about the effect because they're more likely to want to Trick it out or something. I get that it's meant to be a parallel to the Flame Orb winner, but honestly this seems like an "upgrade" to the Standard Toxic Orb that is going to have zero effect.
You forgot Jolteon. It was pretty much a boost meant for it.

I don't think we've seen a Bug-type slate yet. That'd be fun.
We have, actually. The only remaining Bug-related item is Shed Skin.

We could do Berries either all at once or by category (damage-reduction, status heal, recoil, baking only).
Yep, and which one do you prefer?

Well, yes, we'll focus on them... someday. Do you think we should slate them by similarities ("Raises ____ when HP falls below 25%" Berries all as one submission) or one by one?
I'd assume by similarity, if only so people will make more of an effort to keep them vaguely on level.

You forgot Jolteon. It was pretty much a boost meant for it.
I re-iterate my statement: I don't see this version of the Toxic Orb having any effect on the Meta. Jolteon is already crazy fast and so fragile it's not much cost to run a Life Orb. I don't see it running Toxic Orb except in the form of newbies being baited into going "Oh look that sounds cool!" and then being disappointed.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
The voting phase has ended! Sorry for the delay (again :( )!

Earth Plate |
The holder's Ground type moves clear everything Rapid Spin clears on impact with an opponent. (by Ghoul King)
Soft Sand |
Adds a sand based special defense boost to ground types(does not stack with rock), activates sand based special defense boosts,1/16th health back a turn for rock/ground types. (by Tarontos)
Smooth Rock |
The holder's Sandstorm lasts twice as long and the holder is immune to Sandstorm. (by Ghoul King)
Shoal Salt |
User's cutting moves deal 50% more damage. (by the someone)
Shoal Shell | Doubles Stockpile's stat boosts. Spit Up raises user's Att, SpA and Spe by 2 instead of it's original effect, with removal of Stockpile's boosts and restriction before using Stockpile still in effect. (by the someone)

New Items for Submission:
(Note: Please try and do all if possible. Thank you.)
Flying slate
Sky Plate
Sharp Beak
Pretty Wing
(you can make this as widespread or niche as you want, preferably niche for Ducklett/Swanna)
Air Balloon

I re-iterate my statement: I don't see this version of the Toxic Orb having any effect on the Meta. Jolteon is already crazy fast and so fragile it's not much cost to run a Life Orb. I don't see it running Toxic Orb except in the form of newbies being baited into going "Oh look that sounds cool!" and then being disappointed.
I see...

Sky Plate: Causes any attacks that would fail in a Sky Battle to fail against the user.
Flavor: If you're standing on air (assuming the Plates are big enough for Pokemon to stand on), wouldn't you technically be airborne?
Competitive: Provides good move coverage for just about anything, since most types have some otherwise-strong moves in that category.

Sharp Beak: Doubles power of beak- and wing-based moves (such as Peck, Pluck, Wing Attack, etc.).
Flavor: Sharp objects hurt more, and from its image I could see it being affixed to a wing (but not much else).
Competitive: Relatively unchanged from the original, since most/all of these are Flying-type moves, but makes it a bit more niche.

Pretty Wing: Damage from Electric-, Rock-, or Ice-type moves is reduced to *.75.
Flavor: If wings are used to stir up air currents (see Tailwind), and air currents nerf things supereffective against Flying-types (see Delta Stream), then couldn't the two effects be combined?
Competitive: Makes Mega Rayquaza slightly less OP, given that its Ability's effects would be usable as a held item.

Air Balloon: Unchanged, except it can't be popped unless the attacker gets a crit.
Flavor: You'd have to hit a balloon particularly hard (read: critical hit) for it to pop.
Competitive: Makes it less of a one-shot item, since sometimes priority moves can screw over an Air Balloon + Earthquake strategy in Double Battles. (I know from experience...)

Competitive: Makes Mega Rayquaza slightly less OP, given that its Ability's effects would be usable as a held item.
... and then you give it to Mega Rayquaza so it's even more OP.

Sky Plate: The holder's Normal type moves become Flying type.
Flavor: God's magic plate.
Competitive: I got nothing more interesting.

Sharp Beak: The holder's Flying type moves have +3 to their Critical Hit ratio.
Flavor: Stab them where it hurts!
Competitive: It's a bigger damaging boost than 20%, but isn't as boring as just boosting damage.

Pretty Wing: If the holder is Flying type, they have a 30% chance each turn of clearing a major status ailment.
Flavor: Shed Skin Feathers! Well. I guess the proper term would be molting...
Competitive: Better in the long haul than a Lum Berry, but usually worse in the short term, and Flying-exclusive.

Air Balloon: The usual behavior, except that the balloon will not pop if the attack was Ineffective.
Flavor: Same as in Standard.
Competitive: Makes the Air Balloon slightly more useful, and can even create situations where a given opponent can't pop your Air Balloon to get at you with Ground moves.

Sky Plate: The holder's Normal type moves become Flying type power boosted to 1.3.(after abilities)
arilate extreme speed need I say more
it would be over powerd, if it could hold another item for boosting damage(granted if say it had tough claws or adaptability or something along those lines it would be quite powerful

Sharp Beak: the holders contact moves hit the opposet side of the spectrum(ie psyshock/strike/secret sword on contact moves)
what is essentially special priority, comes into existance, helps with physical attackers diversity
not really broken due to alack of non contact physical moves
I got nothing else

Pretty Wing: Grants a tertiary flying type?
I got nothing

Air Balloon: Grants the flying type, removed after being hit by a super effective attack
stick it on heatran or other ground weak things

Last edited:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Sky Plate: User takes 40% more damage from Thunder, Gust, Hurricane, Sky Uppercut, Twister, and Smack Down, and from pokemon with the abillity No Guard, but take 25% less damage from all other direct sources of damage (Stuff like hazards and status isn't included, only attacks like V-Create and Storm Throw)
Flavor Reason: A aerial plate from a god should make things always fly, and so they take less damage from moves that can't hit them during fly but take more from moves that can hit during fly
Competitve Reason: Gives certain bulky pokemon a way to boost their bulk without many punishments, so they can wall more effectively, but is balanced out by the fact that they could get destroyed by rain teams and No Guard users

Sharp Beak: Users Contact moves deal 20% more damage
Flavor Reason: We are essentaily upgrading part of a pokemon's body, which is only used for making contact
Competitve Reason: Helps out many physical attackers, giving them a psuedo Tough Claws boost, also helps out some mixed attackers due to the fact that it also boosts Grass Knot

Pretty Wing: If the holder is a flying type, then their defense is increased by 50%. If the holder is Ducklett or Swanna, then their defense is increased by 75% instead.
Flavor Reason: Gives birds more stabillity, and gives the pokemon who the item comes from, Swanna, an extra boost
Competitive Reason: Helps out flying type walls such as Skarmory and Mandibuzz, letting them tank even more hits, and it could also be used to help out bulky attackers like Gyarados and Landorus-T

Air Balloon: No Change
Flavor Reason: N/A
Competitive Reason: Does this item truly need a change?

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Time to vote!
First Choice:UserX
Second Choice:UserY
Third Choice:UserZ
The First Choice gets 3 points, second gets 2 and third gets 1. The user with most votes will have their submission added into the project itself.

Causes any attacks that would fail in a Sky Battle to fail against the user. - (MandL27)
The holder's Normal type moves become Flying type. - (Ghoul King)
The holder's Normal type moves become Flying type power boosted to 1.3.(after abilities) - (Tarontos)
User takes 40% more damage from Thunder, Gust, Hurricane, Sky Uppercut, Twister, and Smack Down, and from pokemon with the abillity No Guard, but take 25% less damage from all other direct sources of damage (Stuff like hazards and status isn't included, only attacks like V-Create and Storm Throw) - (The Pizza Man)
The holder's Flying type moves are super effective against Water and Fire Pokemon. The weather disappears when user switches in. - (the someone)

Doubles power of beak- and wing-based moves (such as Peck, Pluck, Wing Attack, etc.). - (MandL27)
The holder's Flying type moves have +3 to their Critical Hit ratio. - (Ghoul King)
the holders contact moves hit the opposet side of the spectrum(ie psyshock/strike/secret sword on contact moves) - (Tarontos)
Users Contact moves deal 20% more damage - (The Pizza Man)
When a Flying type uses Hone Claws, the stat boosts are doubled. - (the someone)

Damage from Electric-, Rock-, or Ice-type moves is reduced to *.75. - (MandL27)
If the holder is Flying type, they have a 30% chance each turn of clearing a major status ailment. - (Ghoul King)
If the holder is a flying type, then their defense is increased by 50%. If the holder is Ducklett or Swanna, then their defense is increased by 75% instead. - (The Pizza Man)
Roost heals 75% of the holder's HP (also cures status ailments if holder is Swanna). - (the someone)

Unchanged, except it can't be popped unless the attacker gets a crit. - (MandL27)
The usual behavior, except that the balloon will not pop if the attack was Ineffective. - (Ghoul King)
Grants the flying type, removed after being hit by a super effective attack - (Tarontos)
No Change - (The Pizza Man)
Same as before, except the balloon does 100 (fixed) damage to whatever destroyed it. - (the someone)

Send your votes to me via PM.

To keep this thread active in this phase, here are some questions
  • Are there any items you want to see in the next slate? (Types only, after Steel and Dark types that were suggested)
  • Which entries for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
  • Are there any new possible strategies/sets that can be made with the last week's items? What Pokemon take advantage from those items?
  • Should we quickban things before testing them out (*cough* possible STAB Flying E-Speed Dragonite *cough*)
Sky Plate:
Flavor: By the Power of Rayquaza, may the Blue Sky Plate (Jap name) clean up the weather of the two other Weather Legendaries.
Competitive: Gives STAB coverage to many Flying-type Pokemon. Many Bug/Flying Pokemon may not get walled by Fire-types, even Hurricane Volcarona can get some niche use out of it. Talonflame can laugh at Azumarill, Rotom-W or Heatran. The secondary effect helps hinder the weather wars (that may or may not happen with the 10 turn weathers).

Sharp Beak:
Flavor: Hone Claws and Hone Beak for maximum honing.
Competitive: Why use Swords Dance when you can get extra accuracy?

Pretty Wing:
Flavor: Same as Roost... and Shed Skin Feather for the swan.
Competitive: Anything with Roost is harder to kill, and Swanna becomes more stall-y.

Air Balloon:
Flavor: It's a balloon with enough compressed air to carry even the heaviest Pokemon. All that air exploding must hurt...
Competitive: An extra damage for Air Balloon users is helpful. It could even work as a revenge killing strategy situationally.

Which entries for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
I'd mostly like to point out that, while there are some Flying types with Hone Claws, it's an extremely limited pool.

Are there any new possible strategies/sets that can be made with the last week's items? What Pokemon take advantage from those items?
The Ground Plate seems a pretty obvious pick for Hippowdon (Except, wait, Soft Sand is better), among other examples. Landorus, with Gravity, is another good example, since it's impossible to stop its "spin" except by either scaring it out/killing it or switching in Shedinja. I'd also like to comment, as an aside, that part of what I like about the Plate effects being different from each other is that it makes Arceus' Formes more interesting than just "120-everything of a given type".

Soft Sand replaces Leftovers as Hippowdon's default item. There's probably tons of other Pokemon that get some degree of use out of it, but that's the big one that leaps out at me.

The Smooth Rock of course means anything can be used as an at least marginally viable setter of Sandstorm. Too bad no Prankster learns Sandstorm, oddly enough.

Shoal Salt basically depends on the exact list of "cutting moves". Gallade is one Pokemon I'm pretty sure would certainly prefer this to Choice Band, anyway, but really it'll probably stick with Galladite.

The Shoal Shell is very, very narrow in its utility, demanding two different moves to get its full effect and offering no benefits if you don't have Stockpile. Some Pokemon I can see getting use out of it include Drifblim (It would love to have more Speed and offense, and is bulky enough to potentially last through the two turns with the help of Iron Defense+Amnesia Stockpile), Gastrodon (Entirely to supercharge Stockpile), Weezing, Hippowdon, and Camerupt, maybe. (Setup, SWEEP!) I dunno, maybe Arbok will surprise me or something, but while I like the idea I don't anticipate anything hugely viable.

Should we quickban things before testing them out (*cough* possible STAB Flying E-Speed Dragonite *cough*)
And then Snowball Entei OHKOed it with Extreme Speed.

And then Flame Plate Entei Burned it with Extreme Speed, crippling it.

And then Weavile carrying Silver Power switches in on the Dragon Dance, Fake Outs to break Multiscale, and hits it with Knock Off or Ice Punch.

And then something carrying Honey switched in on Dragon Dance, causing it to fail, and proceeds to do terrible things to Dragonite.

And then Relic Gold Regirock switches in and takes it apart.

And then anything holding a King's Rock ignores one Extreme Speed and kills/cripples it.

And then a bulky Poison type holding Black Sludge switches in, auto-breaking its Multiscale, and hits it with Toxic.

Trick Rotom-Wash removes its item and replaces it with a Choice Scarf, rendering Extreme Speed lame.

Etc.

I see no reason to quickban much of anything (Except Kyurem-Black, maybe) until at least everything has been decided.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
The voting phase has ended! My computer stopped working, and I only had access to a smartphone, so sorry for the one-week delay.

Sky Plate |
The holder's Normal type moves become Flying type. (by Ghoul King)
Sharp Beak |
The holder's Flying type moves have +3 to their Critical Hit ratio. (by Ghoul King)
Pretty Wing |
Roost heals 75% of the holder's HP (also cures status ailments if holder is Swanna). (by the someone)
Air Balloon |
The usual behavior, except that the balloon will not pop if the attack was Ineffective. (by Ghoul King)

New Items for Submission:
(Note: Please try and do all if possible. Thank you.)
Steel slate
Iron Plate
Metal Coat
Iron Ball
Metal Powder

I see no reason to quickban much of anything (Except Kyurem-Black, maybe) until at least everything has been decided.
Alright.

Iron Plate
normal moves become iron and have their power boosted by 1.3
Ironate is good,
Scizor is all i can think of at the moment with steelspeed(40*1.5*1.3*1.5=117)
and lucario/gensect with powerful actual steel speeds.
Metal Coat
defense is multiplied by 1.5 can only use one type of move, immunity to toxic(Attack or Status)(acts like a choice item in that it lets you choose each time your out)
Physical alternative to assault vest, physical walls can become unbreakable, since it is iron i felt immunity to toxic fitting. Tyranitar==awesome tank(I intend on submitting the same effect for special defense on assault vest)
252+ Atk Choice Band Scizor Superpower vs. +1 248 HP / 252+ Def Tyranitar: 388-460 (96.2 - 114.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
Iron Ball
Activates Gravity(5 turns) on switch in.
Ground+anything is great coverage, specificly ground+fire is unresisted. not to mention the awesome accuracy boost on moves(1 2/3 multiplier), 50 accuracy moves get 82 ish

P.S. We may need to get creative to make the accuracy items worth it
Metal powder
gains a stock pile boost after being hit by an attack(consumed)
Could be unique not really sure, talon flame with wow+swords dance could be amazing, bp in general appreciates this version,base sabeleye could use it to boost it's deffenses -(subject to change)

From the previous slate

Sky plate, notable abusers- every flying type in existance
most notably Thundours, landours(flying ground stab coverage plus double dance? yes please), talonflame(longevity mostly), Arceus( Say hi to Espeed-Killer 2.0)

Last edited:
Sky plate, notable abusers- every flying type in existance
most notably Thundours, landours(flying ground stab coverage plus double dance? yes please), talonflame(longevity mostly), Arceus( Say hi to Espeed-Killer 2.0)
We do these things at the next step, not this step. Regardless, Thundurus only cares about the Sky Plate if you're looking at Physical Defiant Thundurus -Special Thundurus doesn't appreciate it because it lacks Hyper Voice. Talonflame only appreciates it as a nearly direct upgrade over running Acrobatics -Return/Frustration is still weaker than Brave Bird, let alone Banded Brave Bird. Remember, there's no -ate boost going on here, only type modification. In general if a Flying type already gets competent Flying STAB it probably doesn't care. Maybe Togekiss will replace Air Slash with Hyper Voice -it is 15 BP stronger, perfectly accurate, and goes through Substitutes- but maybe it would rather carry Leftovers or something as it always has. Or Specs. Or whatever.

Now of course there are a lot of Flying types with no competent Flying STAB at all, such as Gyarados, whom may well appreciate the Sky Plate. (Gyarados kinda hates Grass types, in spite of being a Flying type) But the Flying types that have good STAB probably would rather run something else.

No argument on Arceus though.

Iron Plate: The holder's Normal type moves raise Defense +1 if successful, and become Steel type.
Flavor: Made of iron!
Competitive: Honestly I'm just going for a flavorful variation.

Metal Coat: The Pokemon gains Steel as a third typing.
Flavor: Look at Steelix and Scizor.
Competitive: Steel is a fantastic defensive typing.

Iron Ball: No change.
Flavor: No justification needed.
Competitive: I think it's fine, if a bit niche, as-is.

Metal Powder: Increases the holder's Defense every time they are hit with an attack. (Does not trigger multiple times for multi-hit moves)
Flavor: Counterpart to my previous Ditto Powder entry, which did win.
Competitive: Could be a nifty Stallmon tool. Metal Powder+Recovery, particularly on a Special wall could be quite good. Maybe Blissey will gain a niche alongside Eviolite Chansey?

Ghoul King
two questions on your iron plate- how many times does it activate for multihit move?
Does it activate for status moves(aka can i use protect for a free defensive boost?or swords dance as a super bulk up-a few other things like prankster disable+painsplit and substatue)

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Talonflame only appreciates it as a nearly direct upgrade over running Acrobatics -Return/Frustration is still weaker than Brave Bird, let alone Banded Brave Bird. Remember, there's no -ate boost going on here, only type modification.
Do Status moves get affected by -ate abilities/item effects? Because Talonflame has/would have access to Flying type priority Swords Dance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)