Noble Items

Which entries for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
Chaoswalker's Reaper Cloth entry makes me wince -25% of your health in recoil is a huge disadvantage, while Band/Specs/Scarf with no choice locking doesn't really justify the cost. Any Pokemon that does cross enough crucial thresholds with it, meanwhile, is going to tend to consider it to be just obscenely good -let me KO like 2-3 Pokemon by outspeeding and murdering before I go down from self-recoil? Sign me up! Also note that Magic Guarders (And Sheer Forcers?) consider it to be 100% free unless it is exempted just like Struggle. Behold: Alakazam that outspeeds and murders everything! If Sheer Force blocks it, Darmanitan just replaces Scarf and breaks the meta over its knee, alongside Landorus-Incarnate, Nidoking...

The Legend Waker's Reaper Cloth entry is a weird hodge-podge of effects (50% boost to "projectile" attacks? Why?) and the off-STAB bonus, while a neat idea, is probably not going to sell itself to anything.

The Legend Waker's Spell Tag entry seems strange to me. It looks a lot like a special-purpose Gengar-specific gimmick -Mean Look to trap the opponent, Hypnosis hits 100% reliably because of the Spell Tag, and then Curse is reduced cost and starts killing the trapped target. Strange stuff.

The Legend Waker's Spooky Plate entry is interesting, but seems really powerful, being essentially a Ghost version of Pixilate that provides a bigger damage boost, albeit it restricts itself to Special moves... but this still leads to stuff like Noivern running Ghost-type Boomburst that hits as hard as if it had STAB. It isn't super broken, since you can't do anything like give Dusknoir 153 BP STAB Frustration, but it's still pretty nutty.

Personally not a fan of an item whose effect is to trap Ghost types in specific. I follow how it seems like a sensible niche, but... I dunno, I'm just not a fan of the concept of taking away one of Ghost's few useful niches. (I'm just imagining Doubles teams that trap everything except U-Turn and Volt Switch because Gothitelle is holding this item, and I don't like it)

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
I forgot to mention that the Icy Rock effect we were discussing will be removed, based on the votes (But I guess you already knew that either way). We can add something to replace it if needed in the revision stage.
Chaoswalker's Reaper Cloth entry makes me wince -25% of your health in recoil is a huge disadvantage, while Band/Specs/Scarf with no choice locking doesn't really justify the cost. Any Pokemon that does cross enough crucial thresholds with it, meanwhile, is going to tend to consider it to be just obscenely good -let me KO like 2-3 Pokemon by outspeeding and murdering before I go down from self-recoil? Sign me up! Also note that Magic Guarders (And Sheer Forcers?) consider it to be 100% free unless it is exempted just like Struggle. Behold: Alakazam that outspeeds and murders everything! If Sheer Force blocks it, Darmanitan just replaces Scarf and breaks the meta over its knee, alongside Landorus-Incarnate, Nidoking...
Chaoswalker's entry did mention that Magic Guard users would still receive damage, and Sheer Force users are also probably affected by it as well.
Could we do a Bug-type slate next? :-)
Ok.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
The voting phase has ended!

Spooky Plate
|
The user's Special Normal-type moves turn into Special Ghost-type moves and deal 50% more damage. (by The Legend Waker)
Spell Tag |
The holder's damaging Ghost type moves Disable the target's last used move if they hit. (by Ghoul King)
Reaper Cloth |
The holder becomes a Ghost type so long as they hold the item. (This replaces all their current typing) No effect if the holder is already a Ghost. (by Ghoul King)
Cleanse Tag | The holder takes halved damage from moves used by Ghost and Dark type Pokemon. (by Ghoul King)

New Items for Submission:
(Note: Please try and do all if possible. Thank you.)
Insect Plate
Silver Powder
Quick Powder
(you can make this as widespread or niche as you want)
Honey

• What do you think of the quantity of items per slate? Do you think there should be more/less items?

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Insect Plate
Silver Powder
Quick Powder
(you can make this as widespread or niche as you want)
Honey
Insect Plate: Lets keep it with the Spooky Plate and turn all special normal type moves into the Bug type and add 50% more damage.
Silver Powder: User's Bug type attacks power are doubled, but the users defenses are halved. (I want these to be viable OK)
Quick Powder: Doubles Speed of Transformed mons.
Honey: Gives the Ability "Honey Gather" to any Pokemon that touches (uses a contacted move on) the holder.

First time I'm submitting stuff, I might explain later and give examples.

• What do you think of the quantity of items per slate? Do you think there should be more/less items?
I think four is fine. Three is just enough to get give people things to think about, while five is just short of being overwhelming. Once you go above four, the quality of ideas may fall a bit as you are pressured to come up with multiple concepts at once. I say stick with three or four for now. If you ever see a significant increase in the number of submissions, you could increase the number of items.

Insect Plate
Effect: Contact moves become bug type and have damage boosted 50%.

Flavor: Fighting style becomes fierce and bug like, with lots of scratching and biting.
Competitive: Weird coverage for any mixed attacker walled by dark, grass, or psychic types, or phsycial bugs with non contact coverage.

Heracross @ Insect Plate
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
He gives up fighting stab for 2.25x Megahorn, while keeping stone edge and earthquake in tact. Also HOLY CRAP THAT KNOCKOFF. Unfortunately the coverage moves are lack luster in damage, and Skarmory laughs at this all day.

Honey
Effect: If the holder is bug type, restores 1/8 of their HP at the end of each turn. If not, the holder is paralyzed.

Competetive: Bugs are pretty lame defensively, but a few pokemon like Scizor, Forretress, and Volcarona could find use for this item. They wouldn't be phenominal, but they might be decent.

Forretress @ Honey
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Protect
Forretress can actually get some decent residual recovery thanks to Honey, and maybe even act as a mixed wall/spinner. It's garunteed to get rocks up as always, but now it leaves the encounter with at least 1/4 of it's totaly HP instead of 1/8 if you lean on sturdy.

I will come back to edit this post as I get more ideas.

Last edited:
He gives up fighting stab for x2 Megahorn, while keeping stone edge and earthquake in tact.
225%, not 200%.

Honey: No Pokemon may use Status moves so long as the holder is on the field.
Flavor: Must get Honey, so distracted by Honey, want the precious! (I'd originally planned auto-Rage Powder, and then remembered this is a Singles-oriented design. It'd probably be broken anyway, so probably for the best)
Competitive: Passive TauntVest.

Quick Powder: The holder's Speed increases by one stage when they are struck by a damaging move. This does not consume the Quick Powder.
Flavor: ?? (Give me an explanation for how the canon version works, and then I'll bother to try to explain it)
Competitive: Similar to Scarfing Ditto, though reliant on good prediction/not being OHKOed on the way in to function, and has general use -in particular, it can be used to break Speed-based counters without dealing with the problems Choice locking presents.

Silver Powder: The holder sets a Substitute when they switch in, consuming the Silver Powder in place of the normal 25% HP.
Flavor: Ninja technique of substitution!
Competitive: One-time safe switch-in on most possible threats, including providing protection against Toxic, Will O Wisp, etc. Note that Shedinja could use it, but the resulting Substitute would only have one HP. Particularly useful to Sturdy Pokemon, who can switch in, accept a hit via Substitute, and then accept another hit via Sturdy, even if they shouldn've died several times over already.

Insect Plate: The holder's Normal moves that make contact become Bug type and increase in power by 30%.
Flavor: Bugs have tough claws.
Competitive: Take a crappy type, give it universal access to an -ate Ability via item, be disappointed when it still sucks.

What do you think of the quantity of items per slate? Do you think there should be more/less items?
5 would be nice in my opinion, but I agree that increasing the number might simply reduce how many people contribute.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Time to vote!
First Choice:UserX
Second Choice:UserY
Third Choice:UserZ
The First Choice gets 3 points, second gets 2 and third gets 1. The user with most votes will have their submission added into the project itself.

-Turns all special normal type moves into the Bug type and adds 50% more damage. (Snaquaza)
-Contact moves become bug type and have damage boosted 50%. (Chaoswalker)
-The holder's Normal moves that make contact become Bug type and increase in power by 30%. (Ghoul King)
-The user's Special Normal-type moves turn into Special Bug-type moves and infest the target. (the someone) (Many insects cause infestation)

-User's Bug type attacks power are doubled, but the users defenses are halved. (Snaquaza)
-The holder sets a Substitute when they switch in, consuming the Silver Powder in place of the normal 25% HP. (Ghoul King)
-The user's Bug type attacks aren't resisted by Rock-type and Fairy-type Pokemon. (the someone) (Silver is a metal, and Steel type is super-effective against those types while Bug type is not very effective against them.)

-Doubles Speed of Transformed mons. (Snaquaza)
-The holder's Speed increases by one stage when they are struck by a damaging move. This does not consume the Quick Powder. (Ghoul King)

-Gives the Ability "Honey Gather" to any Pokemon that touches (uses a contacted move on) the holder. (Snaquaza)
-If the holder is bug type, restores 1/8 of their HP at the end of each turn. If not, the holder is paralyzed. (Chaoswalker)
-No Pokemon may use Status moves so long as the holder is on the field. (Ghoul King)

Send your votes to me via PM.

To keep this thread active in this phase, here are some questions
  • Are there any items you want to see in the next slate? Not this week, I want a type myself. ;)
  • Do you have any questions about this Pet Mod?
  • Which entries for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
  • Are there any new possible strategies/sets that can be made with the last week's items? What Pokemon take advantage from those items?

I was gonna come up with my own ideas/posts...but got distracted. ;_; Oh, well... Guess I'll have to do that for the next slate. Speaking of which, I votch for Dragon-types! ^v^

Edit: *Sees the rest of the previous post* Oops! Nevermind. :3 After your slate.

Rock doesn't resist Bug. (Why does everyone think it does?)

Are there any new possible strategies/sets that can be made with the last week's items? What Pokemon take advantage from those items?
Mismagius has a niche, as the only Ghost type with Hyper Voice and thus the only STAB abuser of the Spooky Plate. (Well, there's Arceus and Giratina)

Reaper Cloth seems most useful to Pokemon that resent being trapped or whom have a really really awful typing -Vespiquen might run it over Leftovers to make it vaguely competent as a wall, for instance.

Cleanse Tag is an obvious pick for pure Ghost types, effectively clearing them of weaknesses, sort of. (You can still have Conkeldurr Knock Off them to death for full death) It's also very good for Psychic types. Hoopa would love it, if it was released.

The Spell Tag is a nifty tool for Ghosts but also for tons of Psychic types, many of whom get Shadow Ball and often even run it.

Which entries for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
Not a fan of "all contact=Bug", since it seems really really bad. What few other entries there are seem pretty OK to me. (I kind of like "if Bug Honey is healing, if not it Paralyizes", though I suspect the creator doesn't realize how useful it would be to Guts and especially Quick Feet Pokemon)

Oh shoot, I went to a convention and forgot to add more/revise my ideas. Ok, whatevs, we have stuff to work with.

I agree, my insect plate is super trash, and I meant to change it. That said, I advise nobody votes for it.
The difference between Snaquaza and Ghoul King's Insect plates is interesting but significant. I suppose it's a matter of whether any pokemon benefits from +50% bug Hypervoice, or +30% Return. There are a few other good physical normal moves too.
Breloom might appreciate the ability to push passed psychic types.
Sadly no bug types learn hyper voice, but it makes Uproar into special bug Outrage for Yanmega. The downside is how long the attack can last, but on the plus side it has effectively 135 Base power and no confusion.
Bug coverage is so meh, XD

A free sub is too scary to describe, so let's describe it. This is THE item for win condition calm minders. More coverage, faster setup, and a chance to abuse item consumption abilities. (Drifiblim?) Mostly though, I just want to run it on Keldeo. Who knows, we may see a few bulk up users?

I wouldn't give Ditto an even bigger speed boost than choice scarf with no draw backs. Being you but faster is scary. Being you but faster than likely your entire team not locking moves is the scariest.

Honestly, I wouldn't try to abuse the paralysis of honey with any ability but marvel scale, as it has a chance of full paralysis that only tanky users like Milotic and maybe Conkeldurr might be able to forgive. A missed turn could much more easily get your Heracross or Ursaring dead. It would essentially be 75% accuracy on everything. It's nice insurance against trick, though sadly the only bug type with their own trick is Shedinja and it prefers sash.
EDIT:forgot about Volbeat
Ghoul king's honey is really interesting, and it's going to be a hard pick for me. It would be very possible to say "I hate Ferrothorn. I'm going to give this to a steel type. It is now immune to ferrothorn." The same is true for any wall with small/simple coverage. Maybe the death of stall?
Also snaquaza's psuedo mummy may have a niche with a few walls by doing things like remove Scizor's technician.

Last edited:
Oh shoot, I went to a convention and forgot to add more/revise my ideas. Ok, whatevs, we have stuff to work with.

I agree, my insect plate is super trash, and I meant to change it. That said, I advise nobody votes for it.
The difference between Snaquaza and Ghoul King's Insect plates is interesting but significant. I suppose it's a matter of whether any pokemon benefits from +50% bug Hypervoice, or +30% Return. There are a few other good physical normal moves too.
Breloom might appreciate the ability to push passed psychic types.
Sadly no bug types learn hyper voice, but it makes Uproar into special bug Outrage for Yanmega. The downside is how long the attack can last, but on the plus side it has effectively 135 Base power and no confusion.
Bug coverage is so meh, XD

A free sub is too scary to describe, so let's describe it. This is THE item for win condition calm minders. More coverage, faster setup, and a chance to abuse item consumption abilities. (Drifiblim?) Mostly though, I just want to run it on Keldeo. Who knows, we may see a few bulk up users?

I wouldn't give Ditto an even bigger speed boost than choice scarf with no draw backs. Being you but faster is scary. Being you but faster than likely your entire team not locking moves is the scariest.

Honestly, I wouldn't try to abuse the paralysis of honey with any ability but marvel scale, as it has a chance of full paralysis that only tanky users like Milotic and maybe Conkeldurr might be able to forgive. A missed turn could much more easily get your Heracross or Ursaring dead. It would essentially be 75% accuracy on everything. It's nice insurance against trick, though sadly the only bug type with their own trick is Shedinja and it prefers sash.
EDIT:forgot about Volbeat
Ghoul king's honey is really interesting, and it's going to be a hard pick for me. It would be very possible to say "I hate Ferrothorn. I'm going to give this to a steel type. It is now immune to ferrothorn." The same is true for any wall with small/simple coverage. Maybe the death of stall?
Also snaquaza's psuedo mummy may have a niche with a few walls by doing things like remove Scizor's technician.
Honey doesn't paralyze bugs, and it doesn't heal non-bugs. So volbeat with trick could be very good

Actually, I forgot something as far as the Spooky Plate goes -Jellicent gets Wring Out, which at 121 BP+50% from Plate+50% from STAB is pretty monstrous. Even a half-dead target takes more from Spooky Plate Wring Out than from Shadow Ball!

I considered making it have a Substitute's normal cost in place of using the item, so that it becomes reusable but less powerful overall. (It also denies it to Shedinja) It would still retain the use of providing a cheap switch-in (If they can't push through a Substitute in one turn you're only losing 25% health, not 80% or whatever it is they would otherwise do) and in fact Regenerator cores could become really obnoxious with a pair each running Silver Powder, but most other builds would get a lot less out of it. (Particularly Multiscale Dragonite)

Or do you simply mean it's a really good item, rather than possibly too good?

I'd like to point out Stall is plenty fond of Knock Off -I've even seen Ferrothorn run it with zero STABs- so my variation on Honey would, at worst, make Stall need a Knock Off user, not kill Stall outright. It also actually has use to Stall, since it's an enormous FU to set-up Pokemon (Switch in, Swords Dance fails), albeit obviously the user needs to have full utility with no Status moves, or have some kind of innate immunity. (It would be sort of interesting if Klutz rendered the user immune to Honey's effects without actually disabling the item outright, or Aroma Veil and Oblivious could block it just like they block Taunt)

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone

Insect Plate
| Tie between Ghoul King and Snaquaza.
Which submission is better in your opinion and why?
Silver Powder |
The holder sets a Substitute when they switch in, consuming the Silver Powder in place of the normal 25% HP. (by Ghoul King)
Quick Powder |
The holder's Speed increases by one stage when they are struck by a damaging move. This does not consume the Quick Powder. (by Ghoul King)
Honey | No Pokemon may use Status moves so long as the holder is on the field. (by Ghoul King)

Surprise! To start the year off, a golden slate. We'll get back to the type-themed slates next week.
Nugget
Big Nugget (The two Nuggets can have a similar effect or not.)
Relic Gold
Luck Incense
Amulet Coin

Well, I prefer my version of Insect Plate, but really I'd rather let other people put their opinions out there -it's not like I think Snaquaza's is actually a bad idea or anything.

Nugget: When Flung, Taunts and traps the target for 3 turns. (10 BP)
Flavor: Shiny valuable!
Competitive: More things can Taunt, but only once at great opportunity cost. Only good as a one-time surprise, basically, but since it's a trapping effect it's an effective surprise.

Big Nugget: Same as above, only it doubles as an Iron Ball ie slows and grounds the holder, even through Klutz. (80 BP)
Flavor: Same as above, but bigger.
Competitive: Slightly more flexible, since it can be Tricked or Switcherooed, but it also screws up your Speed, which is awful if you're not Trick Room, making it less likely to get use out of its effect -but it hits harder, which has some value.

Relic Gold: When held by Regirock, Registeel, Regice, or Regigigas, the holder's defenses are increased by 50%.
Flavor: Ancient artifact tied to older civilizations, just like the Regis, and exactly the sort of thing they might be set to guard.
Competitive: The Regis suck. I want them to not suck. And they're all supposed to be able to take a hit, so Regi-Eviolite fits.

Luck Incense: Moves with less than 100 Accuracy always miss the holder. A message plays when this item triggers. ("Wow, what a lucky dodge!")
Flavor: Lucky!
Competitive: A huge screw-you to the strong-but-inaccurate moves without affecting anything else. Incidentally protects the user from Will O Wisp, non-Poison type Toxic, etc. Has some weird knock off effects like ensuring that V-Create will miss because lol 95% Accuracy if not used by Victini. (Lucky Star) Note that I don't mean lowering the target's Accuracy would make this reliable -Mud Slap+Luck Incense is not perfect defense. The move's base Accuracy must be below 100, after Abilities or items modify it.

Amulet Coin: When held by Meowth or Persian, raises the holder's Attack and Speed by 50%.
Flavor: These things are in Meoth's head and it tosses them with Pay Day. What do you want from me?
Competitive: Meowth and Persian suck. Maybe they'll be less sucky now. (People familiar with LC may skin me alive if Meowth is actually competitive there -I haven't the foggiest)

I considered making it have a Substitute's normal cost in place of using the item, so that it becomes reusable but less powerful overall. (It also denies it to Shedinja) It would still retain the use of providing a cheap switch-in (If they can't push through a Substitute in one turn you're only losing 25% health, not 80% or whatever it is they would otherwise do) and in fact Regenerator cores could become really obnoxious with a pair each running Silver Powder, but most other builds would get a lot less out of it. (Particularly Multiscale Dragonite)

Or do you simply mean it's a really good item, rather than possibly too good?
I think it could be fine. The fact that it's consumed means you get one shot, meaning your team would have to be based around getting that setup chance. For example, I brought up keldeo as a good calm minder. Firstly, it needs two calm minds to cover the loss of life orb so you are likely giving up the sub for the second boost. You also need to bring a pursuit trapper and greatly weaken the likes of Megasaur and Amoongus before even attempting the sweep. Things that bypass subs as well as phazers also need to be weakened or dealt with. Also Priority. I think it should be ok for the most part.
Bulky calm minders like Latias might be a different case, as they can carry recovery moves once their defenses are at +2. Overall, I think we'd need to see it in action. Really interesting with the current or changed effect though.

Insect Plate
| Tie between Ghoul King and Snaquaza.
Which submission is better in your opinion and why?
I prefer Snaquaza's Insect plate for the raw power, but perhaps Ghoul king's has more overall usefulness? I suppose pick Ghoul king's for seeming less niche.

Last edited:
Well, to avoid abuse of item consumption abilities, you could have the Silver Powder not truly be consumed until the Substitute it creates is removed from the field in some fashion. So if you get Roared or Whirlwinded out without the Substitute taking any damage, you lose the Silver Powder as you're switched out and don't get to use Unburden. Additionally, if you Baton Pass the Substitute off to another Pokémon, the Silver Powder will be consumed when the Substitute is destroyed and not until then, meaning the item can be removed even if the Pokémon holding it is no longer on the field.

Nugget
Effect: When the holder hits a pokemon with an attack , swap held items with them.

Flavor: Such value! I could buy anything with this!

Competetive: No room for knockoff? That's fine. Lure in their wall and hit it with anything to steal their leftovers. That Clefable will want someone else's leftovers now though, so be careful who you switch in next. (a mega would be ideal, or maybe a scarfer if you don't need the revenge kills)

Big Nugget
Effect: When the holder hits a pokemon with an attack, swap held items with them. The holder's speed is dropped by 50%.

Flavor: Even more value! I can buy even more things! But... It's sort of combersome to carry now. Took some inspiration from Ghoul king on this one.

Competetive: The big nugget messes up not just walls by taking their leftovers, but also sweepers by dropping their speed. Much harder to get on your target though, and scarier to receive back.

Relic Gold
Effect: When held by a ground or rock type pokemon, their ability becomes levitate. Their special attacks and special defense go up 50%, and their attack and speed drop 50%.

Flavor: This artifact lends the power of the ancients to the earthy pokemon.

Competetive: A lot of rock types appreciate the levitate. Not many of the pool of users have incredible special attack, but the boost is enough to allow some new offensive/defensive possibilities.

Luck Incense
Effect:Increases accuracy and secondary chance of moves by 50%, but drops speed by 50%.

Flavor: Such intoxicating Aroma! The heavy fumes make the holder mellow and sluggish, but oh, don't you feel lucky!

Competitive:Bulky Pokemon and Prankster users will appreciate the accuracy boost, while ignoring the speed drop. Whimsicott can abuse the now usable prankster Grass Whistle, while Milotic can rely on Hypnosis and enjoys the buff to Scald.

Amulet Coin
Effect:On the first turn being sent in, the holder's moves have perfect accuracy.

Flavor: Carrying these coins is said to bring luck and fortune.

Competitive: This item takes the feel of fakeout, and applies it to every move. You can rely on that move every time you enter, but if you want to really lean on it you'll need to switch out and come back in later. A good item for pivots who have a something to spam and can then U-turn or Volt switch out. Cinccino with Sing and U-Turn would be a good example. You could even use technician on it to guarantee a very powerful tail slap on the first turn (stronger than life orb!). A smart opponent can get you to waste that first move though, so play carefully.

I thought of making nugget specific to contact moves, but then it would be easy to get on to physically defensive pokemon like Clefable and Slowbro, but impossible to take off.

I'm smiling at the thought of a high Whimsicott.

I considered making Amulet Coin also guaranteeing secondary effects on the first turn sent in, but I'm afraid of fast things like Weavile using Icicle Crash as a sort of super fake out.

Also played with the idea of Nugget being a consumable, and Big Nugget being a consumable that turned into Nugget upon use. Basically a two use consumable. Play with that ideas as you will.

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Sorry for the delay. I'm going to submit my items first, and then start the voting stage in this afternoon.

Nugget

Boosts a Pokemon's Special Defense by 30%. Fire-type attack consumes it.
Flavor: I can't think of anything along the lines of "valuable" that wasn't already posted, so... gold plating! Gold is often portrayed as related to magic (from ancient alchemy to Minecraft enchantments), so it raises the user's special defense. But it's easy to melt and very thin...
Competitive: Pretty much a weaker Assault Vest that has no move restrictions. Only meant to be used over Big Nugget by walls that need speed, if that even exists.

Big Nugget
Boosts a Pokemon's Special Defense by 50%, but lowers Speed by 33%. Fire-type attack turns it into Nugget.
Flavor: Thick gold plating! A counterpart to Muscle Band. Also used Chaoswalker's idea of Big Nugget being a two use consumable.
Competitive: Gyro Ball walls and Trick Room users become scary. Bronzong has both of those. Heatran can keep it's item unless it's removed with the normal ways (Knock Off, Trick, etc). Ferrothorn certainly wouldn't want to take a Fire-type attack already, so it'll probably die with the Big Nugget. Blissey

Relic Gold

If holder is Kyurem(or -B or -W), the holder's Special Defense is doubled.
Flavor: There's an endless number of possible flavors for this thing, especially in the ruins these things are found in. Ancient civilization from 3000 years ago? The same period as AZ's war? The two heros from the Original Dragon legend mentioned? I'm going with the latter. Same reason for Sp Def and not another stat as the two submissions above.
Competitive: This opens a lot of possibilities for bulky and wall Kyurem sets.

Luck Incense
NFE Pokemon have a guaranteed critical hit, guaranteed second effect and guaranteed hit.
Flavor: Haxmons, but luckier! Incenses are related to baby Pokemon, which are the NFE of NFE. Yes, I copied this from the OP.
Competitive: Combusken is pretty happy with a boosted offensive-Unaware'd Mach Punch, as well as guaranteed burns with Flare Blitz. Same goes for Sneasel, except it has Ice Shard priority and Ice Punch to freeze, as well as Icicle Crash/Bite to flinch. Offensive bulky Porygon2 could be a thing, with Zap Cannon for paralysis, Signal Beam for confusion, Blizzard for freeze, Shadow Ball for Sp Def drops, etc. It's honestly a gimmicky item.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nugget
Causes Pokemon's attacks to become stronger by 20%, but makes it consume double the PP.
Flavor: Nuggets are basically rare and expensive in the Pokemon world. This will cause them to use "Better" moves at a higher cost.

Big Nugget
Causes Pokemon's attack to become stronger by 50% at the expense of consuming 4 PP per move.
Flavor: Same as Nugget

Relic Gold
You'll restore 12.5% health every turn if you carry this item, but an attacker making contact can receive it.
Flavor: Exact opposer of the Sticky Barb. Basically it's relic and causes Pokemon to feel better due to the gold unleashing a special glow. But a Pokemon coming attacking you might steel it.

Luck Incense
Prevents crits and secondary effects happening on you. Also prevents confusion and thunder wave turns.
Flavor: prevents the opponent from haxing you and you haxing the opponent is op lmao

Relic Gold
If holder is Kyurem(or -B or -W), the holder's Special Defense is doubled.
Flavor: There's an endless number of possible flavors for this thing, especially in the ruins these things are found in. Ancient civilization from 3000 years ago? The same period as AZ's war? The two heros from the Original Dragon legend mentioned? I'm going with the latter. Same reason for Sp Def and not another stat as the two submissions above.
Competitive: This opens a lot of possibilities for bulky and wall Kyurem sets.
And then Kyurem-Black was banned forever.

Luck Incense
NFE Pokemon have a guaranteed critical hit, guaranteed second effect and guaranteed hit.
Flavor: Haxmons, but luckier! Incenses are related to baby Pokemon, which are the NFE of NFE. Yes, I copied this from the OP.
Competitive: Combusken is pretty happy with a boosted offensive-Unaware'd Mach Punch, as well as guaranteed burns with Flare Blitz. Same goes for Sneasel, except it has Ice Shard priority and Ice Punch to freeze, as well as Icicle Crash/Bite to flinch. Offensive bulky Porygon2 could be a thing, with Zap Cannon for paralysis, Signal Beam for confusion, Blizzard for freeze, Shadow Ball for Sp Def drops, etc. It's honestly a gimmicky item.
And then Grimer and especially Stunky were banned forever.

100% priority Flinch? God no. Stunky uses Feint, kills everything except Ghosts.

Wouldn't mind it. There's going to be at least one item that will break it at some point. It's such an "on the edge" pokemon.

I see three ways around this priority flinch thing:
1-Make a condition that prevents flinch being caused by this item
2-Remove the secondary chance effect. Auto crits and perfect accuracy are plenty. That alone might break some pokemon.
3-Ban the offenders. It's just gonna be a bunch of random NFEs.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Time to vote!
First Choice:UserX
Second Choice:UserY
Third Choice:UserZ
The First Choice gets 3 points, second gets 2 and third gets 1. The user with most votes will have their submission added into the project itself.

-Causes Pokemon's attacks to become stronger by 20%, but makes it consume double the PP. (Snaquaza)
-When the holder hits a pokemon with an attack, swap held items with them. (Chaoswalker)
-When Flung, Taunts and traps the target for 3 turns. (10 BP) (Ghoul King)
-Boosts a Pokemon's Special Defense by 30%. Fire-type attack consumes it. (the someone)

-Causes Pokemon's attack to become stronger by 50% at the expense of consuming 4 PP per move. (Snaquaza)
-When the holder hits a pokemon with an attack, swap held items with them. The holder's speed is dropped by 50%. (Chaoswalker)
-Same as Ghoul King's Nugget, only it doubles as an Iron Ball ie slows and grounds the holder, even through Klutz. (80 BP) (Ghoul King)
-Boosts a Pokemon's Special Defense by 50%, but lowers Speed by 33%. Fire-type attack turns it into Nugget. (the someone)

-You'll restore 12.5% health every turn if you carry this item, but an attacker making contact can receive it. (Snaquaza)
-When held by a ground or rock type pokemon, their ability becomes levitate. Their special attacks and special defense go up 50%, and their attack and speed drop 50%. (Chaoswalker)
-When held by Regirock, Registeel, Regice, or Regigigas, the holder's defenses are increased by 50%. (Ghoul King)
-If holder is Kyurem (Base form only), the holder's Special Defense is doubled. (the someone)

-Prevents crits and secondary effects happening on you. Also prevents confusion and thunder wave turns. (Snaquaza)
-Increases accuracy and secondary chance of moves by 50%, but drops speed by 50%. (Chaoswalker)
-Moves with less than 100 Accuracy always miss the holder. (Ghoul King)
-NFE Pokemon have a guaranteed critical hit, guaranteed second effect (moves only) and guaranteed hit. (the someone) Thanks for the Stench reminder, guys.

-On the first turn being sent in, the holder's moves have perfect accuracy. (Chaoswalker)
-When held by Meowth or Persian, raises the holder's Attack and Speed by 50%. (Ghoul King)

Send your votes to me via PM.

To keep this thread active in this phase, here are some questions
  • Are there any items you want to see in the next week after The Legend Waker's suggestion?
  • Do you have any questions about this Pet Mod?
  • Which entries for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
  • Are there any new possible strategies/sets that can be made with the last week's items? What Pokemon take advantage from those items?
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Wouldn't mind it. There's going to be at least one item that will break it at some point. It's such an "on the edge" pokemon.
That's true, so I changed it, but wouldn't Kyurem-B rather have Ice-type Return with Snowball? It would probably be banned because of that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)