NOC Medieval Mafia - Game Over: Majora's Maskians Win

Wow. You'd think the pressure of deadlines would ENCOURAGE posting, not discourage it.

Lolcat has been online making it seem a bit odd that he is being so wary of explaining this further, although I did the same thing for and nearly got lynched when I am innocent.

Ditto apparently is not going to take pressure is somewhat odd, though he has a good point that some (not all) of his past actions he has attempted to explain before. However, there is no reason to believe he will not cave if there is enough pressure, no matter what he is. Heck, pressure seems to be getting to him already. I can mention he has not acted like this as mafia before, though he has not been under intense pressure as mafia before because everyone thought he wasn't until the wolf killed him. I'd like a response before I say whether or not he's a big suspicion of mine, though he is acting very oddly.

Yeti, hope you have more than ten votes, since that's what it'll take. I love how everyone people mention (besides Ditto to an extent) just disappears. Just how an NOC should work, right? Subs would be appreciated.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I've been online, sure, but usually for about two or three minutes at a time.

I guess since I have a chemistry lab due in three hours it's the perfect time to post a little.

Okay, I guess I don't have a ton of suspicions right now, but I have a little animosity towards billymills for lynching me. I guess the first thing I should do is explain my Staraptor Call vote. First, I do not know if SCall is scum. I voted for him as a method of generating pressure since thanks to the No Lynch, we have just about as much information Day 2 as we did Day 1. I specified that in my post that this is only a preliminary lynch vote in order to stimulate discussion and continue the pressure generated on Starpator Call on Day 1. I think it would be a waste if we lost what little pressure we had on him at the end of Day 1, so I voted him in order to get more information.

The fact that billymills pounced on me for doing so is a little unsettling, but not enough to warrant a lynch vote. Since it looks like my lynch vote is doing absolutely nothing right now, I guess I'll unvote.

Now, my suspicions. I have an obligatory Quagsires suspicion that I think we all might have from Day 1 and a slight billymills suspicion, but other than that I think both myself and the town in general (of which I am a part!) are at a loss for imformation.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
aight there isn't a ton happening.

SO.

EVERY PERSON ITG, PLEASE POST A LIST OF YOUR TOP 3 SUSPICIONS, AS WELL AS WHY YOU FIND THEM SUSPICIOUS. DO NOT QUOTE SOMEONE ELSE'S IDEAS.

if you do not make this post, I will start a lynch on whoever hasn't, under the assumption you are scum having a difficult time composing a post that doesn't make you look suspicious nor focus on your scumbuddies.

as for my own, i will post my top 3 after dinner. remember, non-participants in this effort to stimulate discussion will be lynched!!!

also this post should be the next one you make, or included in the next post you make, or you will get suspicion from diverting away from relevant discussion.
just so you all see it again!!!

my suspicions are:
UncleSam/Cereza. Cereza never provided a valid defense though apparently billymills forces his dick down her throat every hour so maybe she couldn't talk?? And US as I've said was being his usual loud, bravado self, calling attention to numerous other people, to take attention off himself in a weird way, because by being confrontational he is not scum. And like billy said, it's almost as though he wanted to be inspected.

Staraptor Call. He was initially consistently attacking Leethoof, so it's like his mafia team's efforts to make Leethoof look suspicious didn't pawn out, and SC realized he couldn't force a lynch on Leethoof, so he gave up. He's also been fairly anti-mills, so it makes me think billy and SC are not on the same team, whichever that may be for them.

Crux, because he has sort of not been contributing much at all, and I find his lack of contributions and trollish posts a bit concerning.
Props go to Ditto, who I think has been targeting certain people he thinks will be an easy target, like nEsp, and went on that weird suicide go.

PLEASE POST OR I WILL INSIST WE BANDWAGON NONPARTICIPANTS. You will also give yourself away as likely scum.

Here goes:

1) Ditto: I still find his eagerness to suicide D1 unsettling, and his posts have been among the less helpful in general regarding reads. He's recently quit defending himself, which I feel is just a resurgence of his suicidal tendencies on D1. He's not necessarily the scummiest person out there, but his behavior has definitely been erratic for much of the game.

2) Brammi: I know he hasn't posted in a while, and that's most of my concern. I regarded him with high suspicion on D1 when he neglected Leethoof's apparent persuade in his reasoning for calling out the mayor. Also, it seems that he's become more inactive (him and half the players, to be fair) since D1 ended. I am still suspicious enough of him to consider him scum for the time being, however.

3) Kaxtar: Really? He STILL hasn't posted? Kax hasn't been active in this thread since Page 15 iirc, and no one except me has called him out for it. Inactivity is one of the textbooks signs of being mafia, especially in an NOC game (everyone knows this already), ESPECIALLY when you are not under any pressure to post. I would like to see Kax say something again, especially since his most recent activity consisted of bandwagoning on a fad lynch and then dropping off the radar permanently.

Why Leethoof Isn't on this List: Blue_Tornado provided solid enough reasoning for me to drop my suspicions on Leethoof getting persuaded twice- for the time being. @@Unvote Leethoof@@, at least until someone can convince me otherwise.

Quagsires: imo his alliance checker claim is a desperate scum move to bait out the real alliance cop/inspect. This is a safer move than claiming bg because if there is no cc for whatever reason and he lives there is no question of "Hey why are you still alive?" The mafia didn't have a way around the bg, obviously!!! It is also possible that wick was N0 randspected and thus the mafia had no need to bait him out. I also think that him not being hooked is kind of weird but I'm not sure what to make of it.

Cereza: US was rolefishing early in D1 for Announcer which was clearly an obvious town role that we could rally around (even though a village leader isn't really useful in NOC unless there is a Networker role or it's an info role like Cop or Mason), and when people pointed out that Announcer is not necessarily town he backpedaled into "I was just promoting discussion dude!" The fact that he didn't do anything else super scummy til he subbed out could be a sign that he was avoiding treading on people's toes as much, and Cereza has been pretty inactive which could mean the same thing.

Dummy007: TL buddied pretty hard with US and his list of reads were all pretty "I dunno man probably town," which again gave me the impression that he was trying to avoid treading on people's toes and just go with the flow. Dummy hasn't done much either but I still don't trust him

There are a few other people I'm not fans of but those are my main three

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
By the way, I was not being suicidal D1, at least not in my mind. It was more of an acceptance of being lynched. I did not initially say that people should kill me, like Leethoof did. So I don't see it as suicidal. You guys can see it however you want though. Go crazy ^_^

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
There are two suspects that I want to make some points on

Quagsires:
I believed that you were trying to save yourself earlier by claiming alliance checker, and nothing you've said has made me think otherwise. At this point, last minute power role claiming is probably the scummiest thing to date that you've done, and is the reason that I'm voting for you. (I've pretty much forgiven the dumb comment on day 1)

Dummy007:
You were supporting a Quagsires lynch earlier, then today you lynched leethoof, someone who is for the most part considered a noob town, and was the Fucking person that Quagsires originally cleaned. I understand if you don't believe Quagsires, because I sure as hell don't, but don't be fucking passive aggressive about it.

This being said, I'm assuming that Dummy is a dummy town, since he follows this with a belief that we almost definitely have a watcher, which from my (albeit limited) experience, isn't that common, since the village is generally pretty fucking low on power roles in most circumstances. And to echo Paperblade:

@@Vote Quagsires@@

Still don't believe you bro
@@Vote Quagsires@@

No one in their right mind would have thought a deadline would encourage posting. Half the people in the game could probably coast from now on without attracting too much attention to themselves.

I prefer a Cereza lynch, I'll go for a Quagsires lynch if people are for it. I do not want to see a Staraptor lynch at this moment.

So for the time being I'll @@vote zorbees@@

This being said, I'm assuming that Dummy is a dummy town, since he follows this with a belief that we almost definitely have a watcher, which from my (albeit limited) experience, isn't that common, since the village is generally pretty fucking low on power roles in most circumstances.
Actually, this is an accurate statement, since I read the entire thread and missed the one tiny part of one of Quags's posts where he says he cleaned Leethoof. >.> Sorry, everyone, that was me being dumb at reading. Anyway, I'd like to clarify something: In most of the games I've played with a village, the village has had a watcher. However, it just occurred to me with kok's post that the power role ratios in NOC and regular games are vastly different (like REALLY VASTLY), and Watcher seems like one of the less important for the village to have. I'll stop using that as justification for lynching/suspecting people, and thanks for making me aware, kok.

Ok.

1.) Cereza because I have been persuaded to vote for them twice. I guess I can understand the mafia targeting me N0 because they knew UncleSam would promote discussion (being an experienced user), so they would try to get an early lynch on him. However, two nights in a row could very well be the mafia trying to fake-clean someone.

Actually, that's all I have right now.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Kaxtar is being replaced by Jumpluff due to inactivity.

Consider this a game-wide activity prod. We've had to sub out like 8 peopod already, and if the activity doesn't pick up we'll have to sub out quite a few more. Don't make us do that.

Eh... I don't really know what all to say, but I'll say that, honestly, I'm a little fishy of Brammi and Quags.

Brammi due to really kinda weird post(From my view, of course), or non-helpful posts. Most of them seemed a little... I dunno, odd might be the right word? I'd have to burn back through the pages to find exact examples, but I remember some kinda weird stuff that caught my eye.

Quags due to the more obvious not posting very much thing. After being called out that much, I would've expected something. Maybe even a post saying that he was busy and would give a proper response after he finishes, but whatever.

Third, I suppose I could say billymills. I dunno, something about him seemed a bit off. The later in the day it got, more he seemed a bit weird/fishy/scum/something else to me. Yet again, I can go back and find some stuff later if requested and what-not, but... yeah. Just seemed a bit weird how quality suffers through time, though I can feel how after such a long time that would happen. I suppose that it could've just been getting tired of waiting, but it still seemed a bit fishy-ish.

...And that's about all I have to say. I'm pretty busy with school right now, so I won't respond immediately, or with very super long productive giant posts of doom, but I'll get back as soon as I can.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
lkk I think the game would appreciate if you gave some evidence, your claims of x being scum (especially for billy) seem a little baseless atm.
I hate tl;dr posts so I won't make one (not to mention that I don't have anything of substance to say.
And yeah I'm posting without really saying anything but the lack of lynch yesterday means I don't have anything to say.

Hungover as a hangover. Pretty sure I did something similar to this already but here's a poop post.

Cereza is annoying seeing as Uncle Sam was a loudmouth that was very aggressive with his posts, while his replacement hasn't done anything. At all. Look back and see that Cereza has done literally nothing about getting lynched.

Staraptor Call has made weird logic, and his attack on Yeti was way too farfetched for me to think that he seriously thought Yeti was waiting for Cereza to not be able to post. However, Yeti's retort was also outrageous. Currently I have too much pro-village action from Yeti, but these two had a really awkward interaction that shouldn't be left unnoticed.

Okay this one might be the hangover talking, but Leethoof's interaction with UncleSam early game was really bizarre.
OK, well I may not be able to provide the most insightful of discussion, but I can (somewhat tentatively) clean Uncle Sam. I have been persuaded (by the night role) to vote for him. As far as I can tell, that is a mafia role, and why would they help lynch one of their own? However, I could be wrong and persuader might be village role, so ignore this in that case.

However, I must:

@@Vote Uncle Sam@@
Just the way that he presented his persuade is suspicious. From here, the interaction between Leethoof and UncleSam was rather odd. Leethoof is seen as buddying UncleSam, and UncleSam shrugs this off and labels Leethoof as suspicious, but always in conjunction with someone else except for this post:
Hey everyone just noticed Leethoof's post and thought that rather than editing into that massive tl;dr up above I'd make a new post.

In my opinion this makes Leethoof significantly more suspicious. Why did he not mention this in one of his earlier posts?

Please respond to this Leethoof at the earliest possible convenience.

Oh and Leethoof in answer to your question, Persuader is almost always a mafia role.
Which is not very aggressive at all. When looking at his posts about Leethoof, it's as if he pussyfooted around Leethoof's buddying. Now, when Cereza is seen as a suspicious man, Leethoof hops on the wagon to not be associated with him. It was highly likely that Cereza was to be lynched today. It's also Leethoof's only scum target... -_-

Perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree, but it also makes sense to have a highly experienced player and not very experienced player be mafia together.

Crux

Banned deucer.
This is a post saying that I am reading this thread. I might post something later. Feel free to ask me any questions and I might answer them.

MK is an idiot for "not posting due to a no lynch".

I mean what the actual fuck.

And I still do not understand where half the playerlist is coming up with this "Quagsires hasn't responded to accusations quickly so he's scum" logic. If someone, who actually knows what he's accusing Quags of and is not simply going with the consensus in a derptownish way, can explain this logic to me and why it's not stupid as all hell, do so.

My active dislike of Ditto is only solidified by how he's been responding to most of my posts, and anyone's posts that accuse him of something as a matter of fact, especially in recent times.

He's only defending himself. Without actually contributing or showing opinions of his. And he is doing so in a scummy manner: "that's just how I am, deal with it, if you don't like it then lynch me ^____^".

So yes, I'm still all for lynching him.

I would also like to remind everyone that I still dislike Crux for being disgustingly inactive and uncooperative, and scummy during the little time he HAS been posting. Need I say more? Cuts sure are fantastic.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
my suspicions: (in no particular order, although they are all particularly weak suspicions)

billymills - changed votes a bunch at the end of the day to cause the no lynch, this is really the only point i have against him though...

Brammi - hasn't posted in forever despite veing very active early on.

MK Ultra - seems to be useless to the conversation

i honestly cannot read a lot of the less active users because of their activity.

Ditto - cited earlier in a number of posts. I'm not comfortable with how so many uses suddenly dismissed him, and he didn't post for a long time after.

Cereza: UncleSam enjoyed shuffling blame and putting considerable pressure on anyone who challenged him, basically shutting it down before changing the topic. While I like the former, the latter considerably scares me.

Quagsires: I'll admit, it's an overused bandwagon. But it took him forever to say it, and any good Mafia can pull it off easily enough. Between these, I really don't like what I'm looking at.

MK gets an honorable mention for being even less active than me.

I got a night result that stated that the Majora maskians have a thief, and that the town had all but two items when they began the game. So now Mr Mills seems suspect, IMO, because he was item fishing on d1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)