Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Thx ullar.

brb guys let me give pics to lightwolf
of my dogs
so he tells me if there's fake items.
mmmmm wolfy ;)

this IS a walrein game but i am not sure fake items are reasonable in village NOC. the only deal is priority means the second hook does not show at all, instead of registering as a second target.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
All that I havent said is that my role requires a night to recharge. I presume that my secondary ability if I live long enough to receive it has a similar limitation.

Now everyone knows all I know.

What the hell is going on?

Billy, what did you expect to gain from hooking Quag? If he's village, you just hooked our alliance checker and made him look suspicious. Good job. If he's mafia, you just gave him a free out to say he got hooked. Why would he lie about hook flavor? Doesn't make any sense to me, please explain.

You go from asking not to be inspected before N2 to hooking a suspected alliance checker. WTF games are you trying to play?

Edit: Ok, I re-read, I think I might understand your reasoning now if Quag didn't have a night-action. Still is kind of a head-scratcher though as to why you'd do this.

Edit2:Ullar, you are also an idiot.

The item I used was spoiled milk. I was passed the item night 0 from the cow (or something similar), but rolename should probably not matter.

I did not know spoiled milk was a hook item until night 2, otherwise I probably would have told the cow to pass me it again (as opposed to do not pass it to me).

I don't believe priorities are a reasonable explanation as I have reason to believe my hook worked.

If he's village the mafia are going to deal with him anyway, so my hook is rendered useless. If he is mafia, the mafia suspect he is least likely to be targeted by the (presumably) randing village hooker, so they may end up letting him do the kill.

Hooking anyone else I chance hitting the actual inspector, the back-up bg (though I probably wouldn't have hit Ullar), and have a practically 0 chance of hitting the killing mafia. The only way hitting quagsires would be a bad move was if the mafia felt letting quagsires get in another target was beneficial and would make him seem even more suspicious, or they predicted the village hooker would hit him for them.

Did Spiffy/Walrein screw something up? If not, I can't give you a better explanation than the priorities or the fake effect, since I definitely did not get flavor like that, and I believe the items is somewhat real based on your lactating.

So, if you got flavor saying your hook worked, I would assume Quagsires would get similar flavor saying he was hooked. I just don't see why he would then lie about the hook flavor? What would he gain from this?

Something isn't adding up...

Edit: @@Quagsires@@ I just see this as the best possible target right now. I'm still as suspicious as anyone of Billymills, but I see this as the best course of action right now.

@Pluff: As I have stated many times, I am also suspicious of Dummy because his previous user (TL) had no opinions and worded it in such a way that it seemed like he was avoiding making anyone upset (ie buddying). I am suspicious of Ditto because he spent most of D1 speculating about the setup. I also feel like zorbees isn't doing much despite his # of posts, and MK seems to only post to complain that he has no opinions. I don't want to talk about who I have null/town reads on because I don't want to give the mafia more information than is necessary.

Currently, I am curious about BT's eagerness to roll Yeti. From my experiences mafia tend to not try to start wagons this blatantly unless it will cause a big swing.

also quag obvmaf lynchlynch @@Lynch quagsires@@

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I am suspicious of billy's knowledge of the items in the game.
However, Quagsires seems practically confirmed scum at this point and if not, billy is (I think).
@@Vote Quagsires@@

Why is everyone pouring their votes on Quagsires?

He is quite obviously the best lynch, but we still have the rest of the day to talk without anyone dying about:

• Anything we can learn from Snike's flip
  • UncleSam and Cereza, especially since Yeti is returning soon
  • zorbees, the user everyone seems to think is likely activescum but never wants to call out
  • MK Ultra, yesterday's popular lynch target until people decided they'd rather vote Cereza
  • Brammi
  • The potential implications of Quagsires scumflipping on Leethoof and askaninjask
  • Anything and anyone you can think of, let's hear it!
Just look at all these things I can think of to discuss.

Plus we are waiting on a) the Mask b) what I find more likely: billymills deciding the holder of the Mask is never confessing.

Keeping my vote on Rediamond as such for now. There is NO NEED to push this day to an early deadline. Pile your votes on later. We have like six votes by my count on Quagsires right now; if his whole team wants to come out and save him at deadline then they can be my guest, let me tell you. We can get to L-1 or L-2 or something on him at another point so someone does't come along and hammer.

I'm really disappointed I woke up and found no replies about these topics except from Paperblade, who kindly provided current reads for me in absence of any on D2.

Day two ends 5 days from now, on February 23 at 6:30 PM CST.

Allow me to reply to your points of discussion, 'pluff.

1. Okay. Snike was revealed. Remind me what there is to discuss, I forget.
2. Unclesam played too aggresive, ended up taking the heat and throwing it to Cereza when he subbed. Cereza was right, I really don't know what US was doing.
3. Agreeing with that. I don't see zorbees as giant scum target, but I would like to see why others think so.
4. MK should post more, and have more substantial posts(Yeah, I know I should do the same, sorry), not to mention explain himself more on reasonings(Another thing I lack in... meh.). It seems he's very quiet unless slapped out of hiding or something, and even when he posts, it's barely worth anything.
5. I mentioned my suspicions on Brammi before. Seems like blending in with a buncha small meaningless posts.
6. Same thing with Snike, I'm not sure how this contributes to much. It can't really be told unless Quags dies/gets lynched. Then again, the reason he didn't die last night may tie into what I'm thinking below.
7. Oddly enough, could it not just be that billy's mafia, faked the flavor, and trying to get our alliance checker lynched so we lost 2-1 ratio(NK and AC to lynching billy next day)? Call it paranoia, but it might be that he's simply lying about the flavor/having an item, and just wanting us to shoot out own grave. I'm not defending anyone, but I'm just not sure bandwagon-ish behavior after something billy claims to have done(Which isn't even one of the items he asked for!) is the best idea. Yeah, I realize how fishy he was acting yesternight, and I think he's still a good lynch target, but finalizing a target due to evidence one user claims to have out of the blue might not be the best idea.

Also, why would some cow pass you milk for no known reason on N0? That seems a bit... odd behavior...

Finally, thanks jumpluff for reposting deadline.

PBlade, I start wagons when I think I have scum. It's in one's interest to lynch who they think is scum, therefore, 'show others the light' and convince them that your scumpick is, in fact, scum.

I would be going against my town WC had the wagon not been blatant...

We unfortunately have no way of confirming if Quagsires is scum. He could be scum bullshitting about being confused, or he could be confused town. Likelihood is pointing to the former, but I still want to see more out of the guy. If he flips, it would be in Town!Quagsires's best interest to leave us with as much info as possible before that happens.

@@Unvote@@ (in case hosts missed it the first time)
@@Crux@@

You are still scummy and currently lurking through the day.

This vote is not Yeti because I anticipate a Quagsires flip eventually (let's face it) and reading her after said flip will be much easier.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
I apologize for not being caught up with this thread, I've been hosting another game, etc.

re: jumpluff
I do think it's possible that zorbees is activescum, but I haven't seen anything particularly indicative of that. It's also possible that Yeti is activescum, or Paperblade, or BT (or from your perspective, me). I don't particularly feel that zorbees is clearly the scummiest of all of the active players, why do you think so?

MK Ultra would still be a great lynch target, but I think Quagsires is probably even better. If Quagsires turns up scum, then we've gotten one down. Otherwise, me and Leethoof are both cleaned and we have a leg to stand on.

Brammi seems to be from another site, and has made up his mind in terms of the strategies he's using. I don't know if this entails that he's village or scum, but his use of terms and strategies I'm totally unfamiliar with means I can't analyze his posts effectively. This might be a scum strategy.

Additionally, this persuasion confuses me. The mafia, by targeting someone else, obviously had two choices. They could target one of their own, in an attempt to "clean" him, or they could target a villager, in hopes that we would use this logic to prove that he's scum.

The mafia's aberrance from their previous strategy of persuading Leethoof seems odd as well. I had thought the idea of persuading Leethoof was to single him out as the only user who had been persuaded. Obviously, this was not their idea, so I can't figure out what the purpose was of these persuasions. Ugh, it's a bunch of WIFOM and I don't know what to make of any of it.

I've ignored certain points you've brought up as I'm a bit pressed on time but I'll answer those later.

askaninjask said:
I don't particularly feel that zorbees is clearly the scummiest of all of the active players, why do you think so?
I'm obviously not sure enough on any of the core group of contributors to call them out fully but since I have seen a bunch of people make comments on zorbees' scumminess (#720 and #835 are the two most recent examples), I'm wondering what THEIR reasons are for being quiet on the issue. Unless I'm genuinely stumped I like to come up with my own answers as part of the reasoning process, but I would rather not put words in their mouth.

Essentially, it's a process of elimination thing that leaves Paperblade and zorbees as the final two. Paperblade's dogging of Quagsires, whom for now I am assuming to be scum, makes him look a bit better in my eyes. I can find more evidence on zorbees, but what I posted about him wasn't really so much as to call him out so much (since he is hardly my #1 suspect) as point out there are players that keep coming up but never stay in the spotlight, and so I didn't post a fully blown analysis.

I don't disagree or spot any issues with the rest of what you said and there were no questions embedded, so thank you for your answer.

Blue_Tornado said:
This vote is not Yeti because I anticipate a Quagsires flip eventually (let's face it) and reading her after said flip will be much easier.
Was this not true earlier? Though I appreciate the circumstances with regard to Quagsires' seemingly inevitable death have changed.

loudkirbyking:

1. Whenever anyone who has either been discussed or has been discussing (or both, in Snike's case, though some users felt his activity had something left to be desired), his or her death provides hard information on the relationships they had. Also, we can trust dead townies' reads a bit more -- they aren't necessarily correct, but we know the motivations for posting them were good. I posted my summary in #787, though you are welcome to get the information for yourself, either way there'll be a lot of reading involved ;p

2. I actually meant UncleSam's death and what it means for the users who pushed it, sorry.

6. Eh, it can, actually. A number of voters seem quite assured of Quagsires' scumminess. And since majority is still on Quags, we can talk at least about hypothetically what it would mean for aska and Leethoof if Quagsires flipped scum. (If he flips town they are basically confirmed clean.)

7. That's absolutely a possibility! In that scenario, I believe, rather than let the wagon possibly progress against Yeti or himself, billymills decided to make the Quagsires lynch an almost certainty. I just find it unlikely since there was already movement against Quagsires and not much against billymills, so it would be wasteful.

Considering I already disbelieved Quagsires' claim and have much less reason to disbelieve billy for now, I am operating under the assumption Quagsires is indeed scum and billymills is most likely town. Either way one of them is lying (unless billymills is trying the Orcinus Duo gambit and I'd rather not have my worldview inverted), I believe it was Quagsires, and the scummy!Quagsires' death offers more than billymills' death in terms of information, since he was being hooked anyway by the mafia if he was telling the truth. I don't like this idea that information makes mislynches okay because it's an easy excuse for scum, but I don't believe this is a mislynch at all and since we essentially have to pick between the two (unless you're willing to hedge your bets on priority fuckery, which is Quags' defence), rather Quagsires than billy for now.

Honestly, the list I provided was just to inspire people to get talking again :P Mostly old discussion topics that have been dropped combined with new ones I think are pertinent. Sorry if this post is hard to understand, I'm tired...

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
I just skimmed over the last few pages, after being busy over the weekend. I have a question for everyone. Can someone (probably jumpluff) address what makes me scummy in one post so it is easy to find for me? I can clean myself by claiming but I'd really prefer not to claim, especially since Ullar decided to be an idiot and claim. We don't need more targets for the mafia. Anyways yeah, I want to appear clean, as I don't want to be mislynched, so I'd like to be able to address everything.

Additionally, I know this might sound scummy, but I support a Quagsires lynch, despite my lack of a vote. I want some discussion to be had on other topics before we reach majority.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
hi guys it's me yeti i'm home!!!!

feel free to START DISCUSSING CRAP, with the quagsires lynch probable, i imagine MANY QUIET SCRUBS WILL TAKE THIS AS A CHANCE TO STAY OUT OF THE SPOTLIGHT. this is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

post. or else.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Well, tbqh, I don't have much to say, Yeti, besides I think Blue_Tornado and Quagsires are scummy.

...I shouldn't have subbed in.

EDIT: Which is why I ask to sub out. I'm sick of this 'sportsmanship'.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
I thought I had voted Quagsires in my earlier post, but apparently I hadn't. @@Vote Quagsires@@.

Yes, everyone needs to speak. But it's not like we're at L-1 and my vote will end the day... I think lots can be gained from a Quagsires lynch, more than probably anyone else, so I want him to be lynched. That's why I'm voting.

If you're silent for a day, you'll be suspected. If you want to help your own team win, then you should probably post at least once.

Just some thoughts I had while at work today...either:

1. Billymills is telling the truth, and Quagsires is mafia with no role and thus received no hook flavor. So, Quag made something up. However, Billymills hinted that he received confirmation that his hooked worked, so I would think Quag would also receive flavor matching Billy's. I still think this might be what happened, but Quag receiving no flavor is confusing (why would a mafia member idle at night?)

A question I'm surprised no one has asked yet: has anyone else been hooked so far (especially last night), and what was the flavor?

2. Billymills is telling the truth, and Quagsires is telling the truth, but something got messed up with priorities/host failure (not buying it).

3. Billymills is scum trying to get the village alliance checker killed, sacrificing himself in the process. If this is his plan, it's kinda already backfired, since if we are to believe Ullar, the village BG is dead and the back-up used up his protection last night, leaving Quagsires unprotected. He also spilled the beans on Quag before Ullar came out, leaving this possibility perfectly reasonable.

A few other things...Billymills seems to have a lot of power for being a villager, especially when there are vanillagers running about. First, he has intricate knowledge of a few items; plus he seems to know when they are transferred at night. Now, he is getting milk passed to him from some unknown source. Sounds like some sort of neutral/wolf :( You have an explanation for this Billy? Any ideas where this milk is coming from? Has anyone else received any milk?

One last question: does that milk happen to be Lon Lon Milk? :)

A question I'm surprised no one has asked yet: has anyone else been hooked so far (especially last night), and what was the flavor?
One reason to not like that question is because if you were hooked you are admitting to have a night action, unless this game works unlike anything we've seen before and you get told you were hooked even if you have no action.

Also I thought lon lon milk too :3

zorbees: I suppose I will address your concern when I am able to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)