1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

NOC Medieval Mafia - Game Over: Majora's Maskians Win

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by Walrein, Jan 29, 2012.

1. jumpluff

jumpluff princess
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Whoa, what's with the passive aggressiveness? Do I need to explain why you, as an ostensible townie, should offer your views without us having to drag them out of you?

'While looking through the thread, I noticed a fair amount of shit from brammi saying how he thinks quagsires is clean.' 'The reason that I don't support a B_T lynch is that while he defended Quagsires, he did it in such an unsubtle way that he made it clear to everyone that he was defending Quagsires, and I imagine that a scum wouldn't be as forceful on their position.' This is vague and inconsistent.

'While my previous stance on brammi was that he was kind of a dumbass villager, and I may still be right about that, odds are hes more likely to be scum than anyone else I can think of.' It's this late in the game and you can't think of anyone more likely to be scum than that kind of half-heartedness?

Whenever you try to prod people out of their hiding place today, they always seem to come and disparage Brammi. Makes me inclined to be defensive of Brammi / Ace just because either everyone is parroting other people's opinions or Brammi is the flavour of the day for disgruntled scum to hide behind.

~~~

I will say that I mostly think lkk is inexperienced. Yes, I have noticed some shady behaviour from him, and this doesn't fully negate that, but there is one weird thing Metal Bagon did that I remembered while looking through my old post on him/lkk (#655) and can't explain from a scum perspective: #435. If we are to believe that lkk is scum, Metal Bagon decided to bail and potentially fuck up his team on the way out, while hoping his substitute enjoys the game more than him because of that action (which is bizarre either way you look at it). Maybe they did something to piss him off, I doubt it though, there is nothing that I can see about this act that was calculated. The only possibility is that his team suggested it to him, knowing the substitute would unvote.

~~~

Hey, that post reminded me! Dummy007, an updated opinion on zorbees, please!

ETA: Also, having given thought to kok's behaviour with Quagsires early on, @@Unvote@@. You could stand to be more constructive though.

ETA2: I just noticed something funny about the announcement.

'Vote today and we can play mafia on a MOON BASE OMG'

DLC, how did you know the Moon would die?
  2. loudkirbyking

loudkirbyking

I remember! The main reason I did all that 'nit-picking' as you may call it, is because someone pestered me about my reasonings of suspicion on billy. Also recall this was before his claim of power and... y'now what? Whatever. I found the post(It's 6 in the morning, working on math, so this is quite the procrastination), one sec and I'll explain everything via bolds.

Have a blast, that's my thoughts. Realize though, it is 6 in the morning here. I'm still a bit sleepy... Plus I got school today, so I won't be able to respond for probably about 6-8 hours? Maybe longer for all I know.
  3. zorbees

zorbees
    is a Forum Moderator

@@unvote, vote Blue_Tornado@@

I honestly don't know why you're being such an idiot about this

EDIT: I suppose I'll dignify your post with a response. If Quagsires was a viable lynch day 2, why did the day end with only 1 vote on him? If I was the only one who wanted to be cautious about Quagsires, why did he drop down from 8 or 9 votes to ending the day at 3 votes? Why are you trying to paint me as treating Quagsires as if "he did not exist" when I clearly stated that an extra night or two of results from him would be beneficial to see if he was worth lynching? You should know by now that I'm one of the last people to jump to any conclusions in mafia, and that this is nothing new. Additionally, why are your posts all essentially saying "nope you're wrong I'm right" without providing evidence. I'm sick and tired of your actions against me right now because they are entirely based on slander and misrepresenting what I've previously said. I know I earlier stated that I didn't care about any info flips but if you flip scum like I think you would if lynched, we'd get a hell of a lot more info then if we lynched an inactive/sub type of person.
  4. Blue_Tornado

Blue_Tornado

I don't understand the worth of all this number talk. Stalling his lynch due to "results" is stupid as hell since they had no meaning without his flip. The fact that you took this as an excuse to disregard him for a few cycles is one of the main reasons I currently think you are scum. This is no misrepresentation or slander, and is not subjective, so I don't see why you're trying to discredit my accusations that way.
  5. zorbees

zorbees
    is a Forum Moderator

a) the results are useful to tell us if we should lynch him (ie, if he is not hooked or killed, he is likely scum)
    b) the results are useful once he flips (particularly if he flips town)

The fact that you don't understand simple numbers astounds me.
  6. Blue_Tornado

Blue_Tornado

a) is frighteningly bad WIFOM and I hope I don't have to explain why. b) is the only reasonable reason for stalling Quagsires' lynch, but it does not necessarily make it justified.

Numbers do not necessarily reflect what happened. In fact, they usually don't. You're saying my claims are false and backing it up with numbers as if they're evidence.
  7. billymills

billymills
    is a Forum Moderator

You can use or pass milk. Spoiled milk was used (as in as a hook item) and I have already asked the person who used it to come out in an earlier post. I am still waiting .__.
  8. Blue_Tornado

Blue_Tornado

I don't think I understand the nature of your ability yet. You know if items were passed or used?

Either way, if the guy doesn't come out it's safe to assume there's a reason he wants to hide. If I recall correctly from what you said earlier itt, there's a cow role that's sending this milk to people? Or is it host-controlled? If it's the former, mr. cow might want to come out and tell us their targets.

Opinions on people, billymills?
  9. billymills

billymills
    is a Forum Moderator

10% of you are trying really hard, I commend you jumpluff and zorbees.

The rest of you are either stupid, intentionally trying to fuck up the village, or have just given up.

I put myself in the last group.

@@vote blue_tornado@@

Cow don't be an idiot. Don't come out.
  10. Blue_Tornado

Blue_Tornado

I was suggesting them to come out if there are people who are refusing to confirm that they've used their milk.

I would like to know how I am intentionally fucking up the village. I would also like to know how zorbees' random OMGUS & defense is his 'trying hard', or anything close to it.
  11. Blue_Tornado

Blue_Tornado

It's lovely how active this game is.

Everyone is posting their opinions by the end of today.
  12. billymills

billymills
    is a Forum Moderator

they are? given the activity recently I doubt it'll happen
  13. zorbees

zorbees
    is a Forum Moderator

At least I'm trying to use evidence. You are basically saying you are right with the only reasoning being anecdotal and vague. I'm on an iPad right now and will not be able to respond until later, but I figured I'd get in here while I could.
  14. Spiffy

Spiffy

Votecount:
    Blue_Tornado (4) - Engineer Pikachu, Crux, zorbees, billymills
    kingofkongs (1) - askaninjask
    Engineer Pikachu (2) - Rediamond, Paperblade
    loudkirbyking (1) - Blue_Tornado
    Crux (1) - Ace Emerald
    Pokemonrocks777 (1) - Dummy007

Deadline in 20 minutes!
  15. Blue_Tornado

Blue_Tornado

Uh

No?

It would have be nice to have a reminder that WASN'T 20 minutes before deadline.

24 hour extension at the very least.
  16. billymills

billymills
    is a Forum Moderator

Spiffy are you saying askaninjask is a mayor or did you fuck up yet another vote count
  17. Spiffy

Spiffy

I fucked up another votecount, it is fixed.

There will be no extension.
  18. billymills

billymills
    is a Forum Moderator

@@vote LoudKirbyKing@@
  19. Blue_Tornado

Blue_Tornado

can we have a few more minutes just so people can get on and vote, please?

or lkk could selfvote, that would be nice

billy needs to unvote first either way
  20. Blue_Tornado

Blue_Tornado

So I'm doomed due to stealth deadline out of nowhere. Fun.

Dear god I am almost happy for being offed by this mostly incompetent village and very incompetent host! Getting offed by hosts is always nice.

Crux is clean and the milk was used to hook me tonight, probably because scum thought I had an info role after "having flavor" from yesterday's lynch. Whoever hooked me is scum, I'm having a hard time seeing otherwise.

Have a jolly good time.

By the way,

what the fuck were you thinking spiffy i mean honestly
    this is the worst excuse for a troll role i've ever seen and if this is our 'cop' i will personally slap you at several different locations
  21. billymills

billymills
    is a Forum Moderator

@@unvote@@ @@vote loudkirbyking@@
  22. Spiffy

Spiffy

23. Spiffy

Spiffy

Update

You all attack Blue_Tornado and destroy him! (Sorry no picture :/)

Votecount:
    Blue_Tornado (3) - Engineer Pikachu, Crux, zorbees,
    Engineer Pikachu (2) - Rediamond, Paperblade
    loudkirbyking (2) - Blue_Tornado, loudkirbyking
    Ace_Emerald (1) - zorbees
    Crux (1) - Ace_Emerald
    kingofkongs (1) - askaninjask
    Pokemonrocks777 (1) - Dummy007

It is now Day 5v2. Day 5v2 will end five days from this post, on March 13th at 7:30 PM EST. You may begin posting.
  24. billymills

billymills
    is a Forum Moderator

25. Blue_Tornado

Blue_Tornado

for good measure:

what the fuck were you thinking spiffy

by the way, the votecount is off, lkk isn't voting himself

out

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)