NOC Medieval Mafia - Game Over: Majora's Maskians Win

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well I wasn't sure if shouting it out would help, the mafia/wolf could assign a different killer/skip out killing to clean themselves. I fail to see how that would help at all.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OH great and wonderful billymills, I pleade your forgiveness for my error! I deeply apologize for making mistakes, unlike you who I'm sure has never ever done something so stupid as to say something without thinking it through all the way! Woe is me!

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
is your crux placement because you believe he may be wolf?

for more night action discussion, i think dummy and layell should target me and jumpluff, doesn't really matter which targets which as long as we make it clear who each person targets, so nobody messes up and double targets. I suppose crux could also be a possible target of the thief but I feel like crux can wait another night, as I believe he is clean.

For the rediamond lynch, i think the main argument is basically process of elimination. Everyone else besides jumpluff is either almost certainly clean or claims to have a useful night action. I think lynching rediamond rather than jumpluff is certainly lower risk, as jumpluff contributes more to the daily discussion.

I did notice, billy, that you left rediamond off your list of cleanest to least clean. was that deliberate?

Crux is placed low because he has a relation to the King, and I believe the King to be the cause of the wolf.

Nope, i just missed Rediamond. He'd be between Jumpluff and Ace Emerald. I'm fine with either lynch, but I'd rather they'd both be argued.

Also I would like dummy to target jumpluff, though if the mafia have fresh milk (and they should), they would easily be able to pass their items around if they needed to. I would not mind if Layell's action is free (though I would not mind if it was specified either) because I think he is very clean and his action, unlike Ace's, would work better if unannounced. (maybe better here isn't right, if he survives and receives 'no items', we can be fairly certain the user not the wolf and we move all the mafias items onto 1 (2?) person(s), if it is unannounced then he has a shot of actually stealing items).

Edit: I do note that there is some buddying between Dummy007 and Jumpluff. This relates to this post but also to Dummy's willingness to follow Jumpluff's request yesterday. I do not think it is significant yet, but worth keeping in mind.

Just confirming that I have seen the above post and will be targeting jumpluff tonight unless someone provides compelling reasoning otherwise. As far as lynches go, I think lynching Rediamond is the safer of the two options because he hasn't been nearly as active as jumpluff. Since neither has claimed a night action iirc, I wouldn't mind too terribly whichever way it went, although lynching a villager would hurt regardless (assuming they're both villagers).

EDIT: Actually, there is something else I would like to ask: Why am I at the top of your scum list, billy? I remember you mentioning that my playstyle has been similar to kok's, but I honestly am not sure what that means.

I guess I'm ok with this since now they can kill the sun and me to give Dummy an excuse to not have an inspect (you can look at this from the perspective of both Dummy is scum and Dummy is town) instead of the sun and someone actually useful.

Of course Dummy is okay with either lynch; anything's good as long as it isn't him. Same as he's going to follow my request, since it was perfectly reasonable and he just wants to go with the flow.

I don't want to lynch Rediamond, just because both billymills (likeliest wolf candidate from my POV, though Crux is an alternative as an intelligent user who hasn't been subbed) and zorbees (scum candidate) want to. Other than that I have not much of an opinion about him; he's a fairly unremarkable user who has made some acceptable posts, is often inactive but that's nothing new, and I believe the mafia may well have nobility false claims, which is why iirc I was okay with his lynch before. Nonetheless this lynch looks to me like them grasping at straws for lynching the easiest target. I'm more talkative than Rediamond, and everyone else has a night role or something.

Layell should steal from a group of users, yes.

Make no doubt about it, I don't want to lynch Rediamond. It's just of the choices for today, I'd rather him. Rediamond is still part of the people that could be anywhere in the middle of my list.

I also note that if (and in all likelyhood it will) the sun is killed tonight, EP must protect Dummy on the second night, assuming they both survive the first night. Walrein will of course follow the same day/night numbering as before I presume.

Dummy seemed to follow the same pattern as Kok and Paperblade. The impression I get from their posts is the mafia had a strategy of calling out each other early, so that down the road their suspicions of each other would be rewarded. You, Kok and Paperblade were the only 3 users that kept their votes on Quagsires after Day 1, Paperblade and Kok both called you out at some point during day 2, and I also note your (and pluff's) vote on Brammi at the end of Day 2.

Both you and kok disappeared and came back at the same time, though this may simply be coincidental. Kok's 1092 is also interesting, given recent events. And then there was Paper + me + kok voting you during the claim parade that jumpluff decided to call us out on suddenly.

Anyway: common pattern occuring between Kok, Paper, and Dummy; sometimes Jumpluff and Ace emerald. At this point I think I'm starting to lean jumpluff lynch for the time being.

Jumpluff did we ever get Acklow's past targets.? I can't find them.

Honestly, I don't want to lynch billymills today just because the village will then die, regardless of whether he is wolf or villager (almost positive he isn't mafia from his behaviour). jk about my reasoning but I want to see how this lynch goes, having made my statement on how I anticipate him to behave (and I do hope that if I am lynched or killed, people will remember the things I said -- I've tunnel-visioned and fucked up all game long, but you'll at least know the perspective I was coming from). I think zorbees is the best lynch. All the old reasoning, plus the fact he and Paperblade had, like, no connection except for a little sniping at each other over scumminess earlygame, which is something that's been lampshaded all game. I can't help but find that odd given the length of the game and their prominence in the discussion over the game, which is why I said that Paperblade's flip was bad for him. It's blatant that they've been obfuscating their relationships, but I find that this fits the mould that, well, my next paragraph will address, as the pattern is discussed in billy's post.

I don't know what I have to do with them, other than I placed a vote on Brammi because he was nowhere to be seen and pretty sketchy in general. I freely admit to protecting pretty much anyone you try to lynch today, as I don't believe you are trying to lynch in the town's interests. The Paperblade and kok / Quagsires thing was just straight up bussing, as both pursued early lynching on Quagsires, rather than the more classical distancing that isn't followed up by voting, so I'm not sure what you mean by their early strategy.

All I can say wrt calling you all out during the claim phase is that I was right to call you out; both Paperblade (though I trusted pblade at the time due to his claim) and kok were scum, and with all the voting shenanigans we've had this game (which, I might add, you contributed to D1) it was fairly alarming. Dummy may yet be scum; it is fairly obvious that this game the mafia are trying to distance themselves from each other. Nevertheless, I was right in that the votes were unnecessary and worth taking notice of. Now you'll say something about attempting to make earlier suspicions rewarding or something, but then you could say that for yourself, who harped on kok as much as I did through that day (my post was pretty much directed at kok, as I said at the time).

The Paperblade and kok / Quagsires thing was just straight up bussing, as both pursued early lynching on Quagsires, rather than the more classical distancing that isn't followed up by voting, so I'm not sure what you mean by their early strategy.
My point there was that Dummy followed suit as soon as he subbed in.

All I can say wrt calling you all out during the claim phase is that I was right to call you out; both Paperblade (though I trusted pblade at the time due to his claim) and kok were scum, and with all the voting shenanigans we've had this game (which, I might add, you contributed to D1) it was fairly alarming. Dummy may yet be scum; it is fairly obvious that this game the mafia are trying to distance themselves from each other. Nevertheless, I was right in that the votes were unnecessary and worth taking notice of. The point here was that they both jumped on dummy, while they may or may not still have been trying to distance themselves from each other. That you pointed it out demonstrates you trying to distance yourself from the lot of them.
Though I note your links to these interactions are far more hazy than what I was trying to point out about Dummy, but you still seem to be grouped with those 3 in some conditions.

I don't especially like a Rediamond lynch because some of his votes have been out of the blue (J-squared) and late.
I don't especially like a zorbees lynch because he called out Wickdaggler directly, pasted a lynch vote, posted a full explanation on how Wick's death could only help the village, then he killed him.
I don't like a jumpluff lynch because you are generally helpful in the village (when you're not tunneling me being wolf), however these are our only 3 real options today.

If I said I was ok with a zorbees lynch, would you suddenly change your mind???

Dummy seemed to follow the same pattern as Kok and Paperblade. The impression I get from their posts is the mafia had a strategy of calling out each other early, so that down the road their suspicions of each other would be rewarded. You, Kok and Paperblade were the only 3 users that kept their votes on Quagsires after Day 1, Paperblade and Kok both called you out at some point during day 2, and I also note your (and pluff's) vote on Brammi at the end of Day 2.
I thought Quagsires was the best lynch option at the time (also, I didn't have time after I voted to get back on and read the thread before deadline was called). I'm assuming kok and Paperblade were trying to push the newbies to make themselves look cleaner, and the voting thing with jumpluff was purely coincidental.

Both you and kok disappeared and came back at the same time, though this may simply be coincidental. It is. Kok's 1092 is also interesting, given recent events. Explain this. What I'm getting from it is that kok was trying to convince everyone to lynch Brammi instead of a mafioso (Quags?) and was using his general obnoxiousness as an excuse. And then there was Paper + me + kok voting you during the claim parade that jumpluff decided to call us out on suddenly. I think pluff just wanted to nip a potential mislynch in the bud; it would have been easy at that point for inactive users to get on, skim, and assume we were all posting claims and lynching me.

Anyway: common pattern occuring between Kok, Paper, and Dummy; sometimes Jumpluff and Ace emerald. I'm assuming you're referring to bussing here? We've all seen how well that's worked as a lynch basis this game...
Also, not to sound like a hypocrite or anything, but I'd like to see some less active users post their opinions before this turns into a me vs. billy vs. pluff vs. AE vs. zorbees debate.

Happy to post.

Alright, well, I feel the need to say this as one of the greatest arguments in my defense...

Our village sucks. We have not had many power roles, and it's off that people trust that we have more (thief, backup bg, vig, etc).

Given the lack of power roles we have, I wouldn't find it odd at all if we didn't have quite a few of the power roles people have claimed. For instance, why a backup bodygaurd when we don't even have a hooker? Something about that claim in particular continues to bothe me. I have also become somewhat wary of billymillis being wolf, as it seems like an item keeper is another odd role given the lack of others, and he would be one of the better users at the start of the game to play wolf. While I know game balance appeals are weak, it's something to keep in mind...

That said, lynching an active contributor seems like a bad idea...

I wouldn't be entirely opposed to my lunching, as it would say quite a bit about zorbees and billymillis when I flip clean (probably enough for a lynch on the former), in exchange for a vanillager. However, with a mafia persuader still out there, I don't want to have the village lose any more votes.

Dummy needs to post more before I can get a read for a good lynch target. I still firmly wish to express my desire to @@Vote Zorbees@@, as it looks like one of us is going today.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Final Votecount
zorbees (2) - DetroitLolcat, Rediamond
Rediamond (1) - zorbees
jumpluff (1) - pokemonrocks777

Let's turn this into a multiple choice test. Who will be lynched? Is it:

A. zorbees
B. jumpluff
C. None of the above

If you guessed C, you are winner! There has been a tie between zorbees and jumpluff, resulting in another no lynch.

:evan::evan::evan::evan::evan:

It is now night 7. Night 7 ends March 31 at 6:30 PM CST.

3 tie lynches in an NOC wtf is wrong with you people

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
All actions in.

Hoarse Voice said:
Sorry, was out of town from Thursday to right now.

Another night has passed. Another death has occured. Today, it is billymills who is dead with an axe in his throat.

Dear billymills, you are the Shopkeeper.

You are the peddler of the finest wares in the entire Kingdom, and every respectful customer in the land recognizes your business savvy. Unfortunately, the Majora’s Maskians are NOT respectful customers, and after they ransacked your shop you swore revenge.

You have no night action.

<snip>

You are allied with the Kingdom. You win if the Majora’s Maskians and any other threats are eliminated.
blah blah blah lynch

Day 8 deadline is in 5 days, on April 5 at 6:30 PM CST. Don't post until results are out.

EDIT: All results out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)