LC Noibat

QC[3/3]: Rowan, Obvious Power, Corporal Levi
GP[1/2]: frenzyplant , Antemortem

Overview
########

Noibat has really awful stats, both offensively and defensively and a natural weakness to Stealth Rock, so it's a stretch to consider it a good Pokemon. However, it has a decent 16 Speed with a Timid nature, and its movepool is quite interesting. Its resistances (Bug, Fire, Grass, Water, and above all Fighting) and immunities (Ground) even help it as well.
Considering its unusual STAB combination, Special Attack stat the interesting combination of Frisk, Switcheroo and Choice Specs, it could have an amazing, albeit niche, role.

Choice Specs
########
name: Choice Specs
move 1: Draco Meteor
move 2: Hurricane
move 3: U-turn
move 4: Switcheroo
ability: Frisk / Infiltrator
item: Choice Specs
evs: 36 HP / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
nature: Timid

Moves
========

Draco Meteor and Hurricane are powerful and uncommon STAB move, so it's quite hard to deal with them. Switcheroo switches Noibat's item with the foe's, while U-turn is a good way to gain momentum when it's inconvenient to engage a certain enemy.

Set Details
========

Thanks to Frisk, Noibat can scout what items opposing Pokemon are carrying so you can see if it's better to switch items or not. It's also important, for example, to identify which Pokemon is holding Choice Scarf. Finally, it can cripple many physical attackers such as by switching a Choice Specs onto Pawniard, as well as Chinchou and other Flying-type counters. Otherwise, use Inflitrator to obtain a pure sweeper. The EV spread maximizes Noibat's Special Attack and Speed, and uses a Timid nature to sustain offensive power reach 16 Speed. There's no Attack investment because U-turn is used almost entirely for scouting purposes, not damage. Draco Meteor and Hurricane hit very hard with Choice Specs, even if Noibat's base Special Attack is poor.

Usage Tips
========

Noibat works as a good wallbreaker, using powerful Choice Specs-boosted STAB moves. At the same time, Frisk and Switcheroo can neutralize enemies. You have two different ways to play Noibat: you can either take the foe down or determine if it's appropriate to switch items or U-turn away, so Noibat is versatile.

Team Options
========

Noibat needs a good Defogger or Spinner as a teammate because it suffers from a Stealth Rock weakness. Noibat also appreciates Stealth Rock support to attain more KOs and to wear down opposing Pokemon in general. A rain setter could be appreciated, too, if you want to use Noibat as a good rain sweeper, as Hurricane becomes 100% accurate. Steel-types are good defensive teammates, given Noibat's weaknesses to Fairy and Ice. Noibat has a good synergy with Magnemite and Pawniard in particular, because Noibat resists or is immune to all their weaknesses. At the same time, sweepers such as Carvanha and Scraggy appreciate a potential item switch, which could cripple walls such as Spritzee and physical attackers such as Zigzagoon with Choice Specs.

Other Options
#########

Noibat's has few other options. Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball are available, if you want a pure sweeper set with Inflitrator, but it's not so good because there aren't many Substitute users that Noibat can overpower. Even though Hurricane's miss chance outside rain is risky, Air Slash simply doesn't hit hard enough. Hidden Power Fire's coverage isn't great, even if it KOes Ferroseed. Solar Beam could be a choice on a sun team. However, it doesn't actually provide a lot of useful coverage with Noibat's STAB moves. Finally, Noibat is too frail to utilize Roost effectively.

Checks & Counters
########

**Revenge Killers**: These include Fletchling, Snover, Shellder, Timid Staryu, Abra, Drilbur, Onix and Gasly. Although they may struggle to switch into Noibat's attacks, they will easily take advantage of its abysmal defenses and heavily damage it once they do get in; for example, Fletchling OHKOes Noibat with priority Acrobatics, and Abra is faster and lethal with Dazzling Gleam.

**Rock-types**: Archen outspeeds Noibat and quickly beats it with Rock Slide, while Aron can revenge kill Noibat with Head Smash.

**Special Walls**: Spritzee and Munchlax don't take that much damage from Noibat's attacks and can retaliate very hard.

**Steel-types**: Even if they can't switch in safely, Magmemite and Pawniard can easily KO Noibat. Bronzor resists its attacks, too.

Last edited:
You might wanna just copy this to a safe place then re-do it in bullet points for easy QCing.

Don't need the detailed stats in the overview. Mention about perfect coverage and pivot-ability

Slash Air Slash with Hurricane for reliability, I think it's important enough to go in the actual set. Could also slash Dark Pulse against Switcheroo if you wanted perfect neutral coverage because tbh I don't know if Switcheroo is necessary on a sweeper (though it would definitely be on a support set), perhaps Infiltrator would be better to get through substitutes.

Add switcheroo + frisk to OO with a more support role.

Also your checks and counters make it seem like everything is a check or a counter, your bulky bit should be changed to Rock imo because super effectiveness

Add Special Walls to checks/counters, like spritz/munch etc

You might wanna just copy this to a safe place then re-do it in bullet points for easy QCing.

Don't need the detailed stats in the overview. Mention about perfect coverage and pivot-ability

Slash Air Slash with Hurricane for reliability, I think it's important enough to go in the actual set. Could also slash Dark Pulse against Switcheroo if you wanted perfect neutral coverage because tbh I don't know if Switcheroo is necessary on a sweeper (though it would definitely be on a support set), perhaps Infiltrator would be better to get through substitutes.

Add switcheroo + frisk to OO with a more support role.

Also your checks and counters make it seem like everything is a check or a counter, your bulky bit should be changed to Rock imo because super effectiveness

Add Special Walls to checks/counters, like spritz/munch etc
Dhaora, thanks for you suggestions. I delete about statistics but I haven't changed anymore at the moment. For example, I have seen QC's topics with bullet points or not. So the main set is at the same time a sweeper/utility set; I don't know if I have to add another set for a pure sweeper. So I would to wait other suggestions and hits about that. In other words, we have to work together to improve that. That's my first QC and I want to do it very well, by way of example for next sheets.

Last edited:

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
yoooooooooo

frisk is cool for a switcheroo mon, but tbh it's easy to work out what items the opponent has. Infiltrator is a much better ability allowing you to KO Pokemon through substitute and getting round Dual Screens (which are kinda rare)

In Usage tips, it works better as a wallbreaker, with powerful Specs boosted STABs, and switcheroo to cripple walls. It's not really a late game sweeper. mention switching a specs onto walls like spritzee is really useful.

in team options, mention pokemon that appreciate noibat's wallbreaking ability. sweepers like carvanha and scraggy appreciate sprizee getting a choice specs, whilst zigzagoon and flying-types like steel-types being crippled by a specs

add steel-types to counters.

then 1/3

Also, I'm concerned about when this gets to write up stage, will you be able to get someone to help you write it up? I don't want to offend you, but your English isn't the strongest, and GP will have a massive job correcting errors. So if you could get someone to help you out before it goes to GP it will work much better.

yoooooooooo

frisk is cool for a switcheroo mon, but tbh it's easy to work out what items the opponent has. Infiltrator is a much better ability allowing you to KO Pokemon through substitute and getting round Dual Screens (which are kinda rare)
Do you think is it better to add a Infiltrator's set?

In Usage tips, it works better as a wallbreaker, with powerful Specs boosted STABs, and switcheroo to cripple walls. It's not really a late game sweeper. mention switching a specs onto walls like spritzee is really useful.

in team options, mention pokemon that appreciate noibat's wallbreaking ability. sweepers like carvanha and scraggy appreciate sprizee getting a choice specs, whilst zigzagoon and flying-types like steel-types being crippled by a specs

add steel-types to counters.
Added.

Tell me if all is good for you, so I can change it.

Also, I'm concerned about when this gets to write up stage, will you be able to get someone to help you write it up? I don't want to offend you, but your English isn't the strongest, and GP will have a massive job correcting errors. So if you could get someone to help you out before it goes to GP it will work much better.
Sorry, I can get anyone. I think it's not so terrible, I can stop to do QC, anyway.

Last edited:
Choice Specs: I'd at least slash in Infiltrator for the ability like Rowan said, but as the secondary slash simply because there aren't many pokemon using Substitute that Noibat beats.

Team Options: "Steel-type are good teammates, covering his weakness to fairy-types."
Expand on this further. Steel types resist all of Noibat's weakness while Noibat resists or is immune to all of Steel's weaknesses! Amazing typing synergy.

Checks&Counters: Under faster pokemon remove mention of Clamperl and Froakie as they aren't very relevant and Clamperl isn't faster anyway.
Maybe change this point to show it's just faster pokemon that can ohko.

Really well done! QC 2/3 Sorry this hasn't been checked in forever, I don't think anybody is very familiar with Noibat :/

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Overview:
Mention that Noibat's awful stats, both offensively and defensively, combined with its weakness to Stealth Rock, still greatly hinder it and prevent it from being a very good Pokemon.

Choices Specs:
From what I understand, speed is abbreviated to spe, as opposed to spd like you currently have; someone correct me on this if I'm wrong or if it doesn't matter.

Set Details:
Mention that Attack is not invested in despite the set running U-Turn because U-Turn is used almost entirely for scouting purposes, not damage.

Team Options:
Mention that as with any offensive Pokemon, Noibat appreciates Stealth Rock support to attain more KOs and to wear down opposing Pokemon in general.

Other Options:
Mention that Solar Beam doesn't actually provide a lot of useful coverage with Noibat's STABs.
Describe why Hidden Power Fire isn't very good (extremely weak against anything that isn't doubly weak to it). Get rid of the Bronzor example because Bronzor isn't that relevant and Hidden Power Fire doesn't hit it very hard, anyway.
Mention that Air Slash simply doesn't hit hard enough off of Noibat's low Special Attack.
Mention that Noibat is too frail to utilize Roost effectively.

Checks and counters:
Group "priority" and "faster Pokemon" into one section under "revenge-killers". Mention that although they may struggle to switch into Noibat's attacks, they will easily be able to take advantage of Noibat's abysmal defenses to heavily damage once they do get in.

Well done
QC 3/3

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Sorry, but I don't think I made myself clear; after three checks you're supposed to write it up and then you get the final check ie replace the bullet points with paragraphs and then you get a fourth (final) check before GP takes over

Sorry, but I don't think I made myself clear; after three checks you're supposed to write it up and then you get the final check ie replace the bullet points with paragraphs and then you get a fourth (final) check before GP takes over
Sorry, I misunderstood that. I'll do that this evening or it will be ready next Saturday.

Get rid of the random space between the fourth move and the ability on the set.

Set Details: You don't need to mention Hurricane's 30% chance to confuse; it's assumed people would know this.

Checks and Counters: You need to expand on this. Even if it may seem obvious, include why Special Walls, Rock-types, and Steel-types are checks/counters.

Do these things and you can go ahead and bring it to GP!

frenzyplant

Inertia is a property of matter.
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
1/2 :)

add remove (comments)

Overview
########

Noibat has really awful stats, both offensively and defensively, and with a natural weakness to Stealth Rock, so it's a stretch ardous to consider it him a good Pokemon. However, he it has a decent 16 Speed with a Timid nature, (comma) and its his movepool is quite interesting. (*) Considering his its unusual STABs combination, (comma) Special Attack stat, (comma) and how much could be interesting his the interesting combination of Frisk + Switcheroo + Choice Specs, it this "lilac bat" could have an amazing crushing, albeit niche, role. His natural Its resistances (Bug, Fire, Grass, Water, (comma) and above all Fighting) and immunities (Ground) even helps him it as well. (move this sentence to the *)

Choice Specs
########
evs: 36 HP / 236 SpA 236 SAtk / 236 Spe

Moves
========

Draco Meteor and Hurricane are powerful and uncommon STAB moves Noibat's STABs, so it's quite hard to deal with them, with few countermeasures. Switcheroo is useful to switch Noibat's item with the foe's, (apostrophe and comma) while U-turn is a good way to gain a momentum vs opponent when it is not convenient to engage a certain enemy him.

Set Details
========

Thanks to Frisk, (comma) ability which allows you to know what item a foes has, Noibat can scout quickly what items opposing Pokemon opponents are carrying on. so you can see choose if it's better to switch items or not, anyway you could know what item foes has. It's also important, (comma) for example, (comma) to identify which Pokemon is holding Choice Scarf scarfed. Finally, he it can cripple many physical attackers, Pokemon (as physical attackers). e.g. (period) he it can Switcheroo tricks a Choice Specs onto a Pawniard, but also as well as Chinchou and other Flying-type counters. Otherwise, (comma) you could use Infiltrator to obtain a pure sweeper. About the EVs, it is best to is maximize his its Special Attack SAtk and Speed, plus and use a Timid nature to increase offensive power and reaching 16 Speed. There's not Attack investment because U-turn is used almost entirely for scouting purposes, not damage. Otherwise, With Choice Specs, Draco Meteor and Hurricane hit very hard, even if Noibat's SAtk base Special Attack stat is poor.

Usage Tips
========

Noibat works as a good wallbreaker, using powerful Choice Specs-boosted (dash) STAB moves STABs. But At the same time, Frisk + Switcheroo combo Frisk/Switcheroo can neutralize opponents too opposing Pokemon. You have also two different ways to go through. play Noibat: you can either take the foe opponent down or scout him and determine if it's appropriate to switch items or U-turn go away, so Noibat is versatile.

Team Options
========

He Noibat needs a good Defogger or Spinner as a teammate because it suffers from a Stealth Rock weakness defogger/spinner, suffering SR. Otherwise, Noibat also appreciates Stealth Rock support to attain more KOs and to wear down opposing Pokemon in general. (period) and A rain setter could be appreciated too, (remove comma) if you we want to use him Noibat as with a good rain sweeper (Hurricane becomes 100% accurate). Steel-types are good teammates, covering Noibat's his weaknesses to Fairy and Ice fairy-types. Noibat has It's possible to build a good synergy with Magnemite and Pawniard in particular, because Noibat resists or is immune to all their weaknesses. At the same time, sweepers like Carvanha and Scraggy could appreciate his a potential items switch, which could cripple walls like Spritzee and physical attackers like Zigzagoon with Choice Specs (like sprizee getting a choice specs, while Zigzagoon and flying-types like steel-types being crippled by a specs).

Other Options
#########

Noibat's other options aren't so good; Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball are also moves availables, if you want a pure sweeper set with Infiltrator, but (with Inflitrator ability, as it has already been mentioned above). But it's not so good because there aren't many pokemon using Substitute users that Noibat beats. Even if you could though Hurricane's miss chance outside rain is risky Hurricane misses out rain, Air Slash simply doesn't hit hard enough. Hidden Power Fire's coverage isn't so good, even if it could KOes Ferroseed (because Ferro is doubly weak to it). Not even Solar Beam could be a choice for a sun team, (remove comma) if you want to use Noibat on it. However, it doesn't actually provide a lot of useful coverage with Noibat's STAB moves. Finally, Noibat is too frail to utilize Roost effectively to recover HP.

Checks & Counters
########

(These should be formatted like **Revenge Killers**: [remove the spaces])

** Revenge Killers **: These include Fletchling (Acrobatics is OHKO), Snover, Shellder, Timid Staryu, Abra (faster and lethal with Dazzling Gleam), Drilbur, Onix, and Gastly. Although they may struggle to switch into Noibat's attacks, they will easily be able to take advantage of its Noibat's abysmal defenses to heavily damage it once they do get in; for example, Fletchling OHKOes Noibat with priority Acrobatics, and Abra is faster and lethal with Dazzling Gleam.

** Rock-types **: Archen outspeeds Noibat and Aron. First could move up quickly beats it with Rock Slide, while Aron can second could revenge kill Noibat with Head Smash.

** Special Walls **: Spritzee and Munchlax don't take that much damage from Noibat's can resize his attacks and can hit it him very hard.

** Steel-types **: Magmemite, Pawniard and Bronzor. Even if they can't switch in safely safety vs Noibat, Magmemite and Pawniard could can easily KO Noibat easy it. Bronzor resists his its attacks too.

edit: Never mind, gendered pronouns are not okay in analyses (unless the Pokemon being described is of one gender) because Pokemon are not people, so please don't use them in the future.

Last edited:
1/2 :)

edit: Never mind, gendered pronouns are not okay in analyses (unless the Pokemon being described is of one gender) because Pokemon are not people, so please don't use them in the future.
This is the classic error type I can do only a time, first time ;) Thanks a lot, I hope to put to work you less than half. Done.

antemortem

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
add / remove / comment

Overview
########

Noibat has really awful stats, both offensively and defensively,(AC) and a natural weakness to Stealth Rock, so it's a stretch to consider it a good Pokemon. However, it has a decent 16 Speed with a Timid nature, and its movepool is quite interesting. Its resistances to (Bug, Fire, Grass, Water, and above all Fighting),(AC) and immunity to (Ground) even help it as well. (remove linebreak) Considering its unusual STAB combination, Special Attack stat,(AC) the and interesting combination of Frisk,(AC) + Switcheroo,(AC) + and Choice Specs, it could have an amazing, albeit niche, role.

Choice Specs
########
evs: 36 HP / 236 SpA / 236 Spe

Moves
========

Draco Meteor and Hurricane are powerful and uncommon STAB moves, so it's quite hard to deal with them. Switcheroo is useful to switches Noibat's item with the foe's,(AC) while U-turn is a good way to gain momentum when it's not convenient inconvenient to engage a certain enemy.

Set Details
========

Thanks to Frisk, which allows you to know what item a foe has, Noibat can scout what items opposing Pokemons are carrying so you can see if it's better to switch items or not. It's also important, for example, to identify which Pokemon is holding Choice Scarf. Finally, it can cripple many physical attackers. e.g. it can Switcheroo such as by switching a Choice Specs onto Pawniard, as well as Chinchou and other Flying-type counters. Otherwise, use Inflitrator to obtain a pure sweeper. About The EVs spread, it is best to maximizes its Noibat's Special Attack and Speed, and uses a Timid nature to increase sustain (Timid doesn't increase offensive stats) offensive power and reach 16 Speed. There's no Attack investment because U-turn is used almost entirely for scouting purposes, not damage. With Draco Meteor and Hurricane hit very hard with Choice Specs, even if Noibat's base Special Attack is poor.

Usage Tips
========

Noibat works as a good wallbreaker, using powerful Choice Specs-boosted STAB moves. At the same time, Frisk + and Switcheroo can neutralize opposing Pokemon enemies. You have two different ways to play Noibat: you can either take the foe down or determine if it's appropriate to switch items or U-turn away, so Noibat is versatile.

Team Options
========

Noibat needs a good Defogger or Spinner as a teammate because it suffers from a Stealth Rock weakness. Noibat also appreciates Stealth Rock support to attain more KOs and to wear down opposing Pokemon in general. A rain setter could be appreciated,(AC) too,(AC) if you want to use Noibat as a good rain sweeper,(AC) as (Hurricane becomes 100% accurate). Steel-types are good defensive teammates, given Noibat's his weaknesses to Fairy and Ice. Noibat has a good synergy with Magnemite and Pawniard in particular, because Noibat resists or is immune to all their weaknesses. At the same time, sweepers like such as Carvanha and Scraggy appreciate a potential item switch,(AC) which could cripple walls like such as Spritzee and physical attackers like such as Zigzagoon with Choice Specs.

Other Options
#########

Noibat's has few other options.(AP) aren't so good; Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball are also moves available,(RC) if you want a pure sweeper set with Inflitrator ability,(AC) but it's not so good because there aren't many Substitute users that Noibat beats can overpower. Even though Hurricane's miss chance outside rain is risky, Air Slash simply doesn't hit hard enough. Hidden Power Fire's coverage isn't so good great, even if it KOes Ferroseed. Solar Beam could be a choice for on a sun team if you want to use Noibat on it. (extraneous/redundant) However, it doesn't actually provide a lot of useful coverage with Noibat's STAB moves. Finally, Noibat is too frail to utilize Roost effectively to recover HP.

Checks & Counters
########

**(remove space)Revenge Killers(remove space)**: These include Fletchling, Snover, Shellder, Timid Staryu, Abra, Drilbur, Onix and Gasly. Although they may struggle to switch into Noibat's attacks, they will easily be able to take advantage of its abysmal defenses to and heavily damage it once they do get in; for example, Fletchling OHKOes Noibat with priority Acrobatics, and Abra is faster and lethal with Dazzling Gleam.

**(remove space)Rock-types(remove space)**: Archen outspeeds Noibat and quickly beats it with Rock Slide, while Aron can revenge kill Noibat with Head Smash.

**(remove space)Special Walls(remove space)**: Spritzee and Munchlax don't take that much damage from Noibat's attacks and can hit it retaliate very hard.

**(remove space)Steel-types(remove space)**: Even if they can't switch in safely,(AC) Magmemite and Pawniard can easily KO Noibat. Bronzor resists its attacks,(AC) too.

GP 2/2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)