Pokémon Noivern

Status
Not open for further replies.
252+ SpA Life Orb (custom) Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Vaporeon: 278-329 (60.04 - 71.05%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Dragon Pulse is base 85 power now (127.5 with STAB), so I assume the damage is more like (36.51 - 43.23%)
Your right! I forgot that one was changed as well,

252+ SpA Life Orb Noivern Dragon Pulse vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Vaporeon: 169-200 (36.5 - 43.19%) -- 99.15% chance to 3HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Noivern Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Vaporeon: 186-220 (40.17 - 47.51%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

So ya, Boomburst is slightly better than it in that situation. Still not sure if I feel it is worth it, but the difference is greater than I thought. Either way I still don't think its worth running BOTH of them.

So why was Draco Meteor removed from its learn set? I was under the impression that it was confirmed that it learnt Draco Meteor through move tutor.

Noivern can get Switcheroo through chain breeding, which could be useful for a Choice Specs set, I'd presume.

The sequence I had to use was Inkay > Corphish > Archen > Noibat.

Last edited:
Has anyone mentioned that it learns Moonlight? Serebii and Bulbapedia are both saying it starts with this.

For a generally offensive Pokemon reliable recovery is good, would fit nicely on Sun teams.

Seeing as its primarily Flying, I'd like to see it learn Defog by Egg. So far, it's shaping up to be one of my favorite pokes of this Gen.

I agree with LV, Noivern is shaping up to be an interesting pokemon. To build on that, not only does it learn Moonlight to heal off SR damage and the like, but it also learns Sunny Day, making it a nice quick sun setter - something sun teams are going to enjoy with the nerfs. It would enjoy the boost to its Flamethrowers as well.

I'm definitely gonna try for a Noivern that will likely be on a Rain Team

Noivern@Life Orb
Modest/Infiltrator/252 Speed/252SpA/4 HP
-Draco Meteor
-Hurricane
-Boomburst
-Roost/U-turn

Not sure whether to go for recovery or the nice ability to U-turn out after Draco Meteor. Not sure if having Boomburst in addition to the 2 STAB moves is redundant or not, since both of the other attacks are more powerful. I suppose just getting through Subs and Protection is enough to justify Boomburst?

I'm definitely gonna try for a Noivern that will likely be on a Rain Team

Noivern@Life Orb
Modest/Infiltrator/252 Speed/252SpA/4 HP
-Draco Meteor
-Hurricane
-Boomburst
-Roost/U-turn

Not sure whether to go for recovery or the nice ability to U-turn out after Draco Meteor. Not sure if having Boomburst in addition to the 2 STAB moves is redundant or not, since both of the other attacks are more powerful. I suppose just getting through Subs and Protection is enough to justify Boomburst?

I wouldn't call it redundant. It could be quite useful against something that resists both other attacks OR when you just can't afford to miss.

Do you guys think 252spe EV's is necessary? 379 speed seems like it already outspeeds any relevant non scarfed threat.

okay im a little confused (and sorry if this isnt the best place to post this but) on these forums ive seen both 'spe' and 'spd' used for speed but also 'spd' used for special defense?? so i just want to make sure i didnt max out an absol/noiverns special defense as a mistake

okay im a little confused (and sorry if this isnt the best place to post this but) on these forums ive seen both 'spe' and 'spd' used for speed but also 'spd' used for special defense?? so i just want to make sure i didnt max out an absol/noiverns special defense as a mistake
Spe is the abbreviation for speed, some people use Spd, but should use Spe instead as not to confuse it with sp.def.

So, I read through the entire forum here, and have to ask: why Timid? Is there a specific threat/counter that he is outrunning with timid that he can't outrun otherwise that wouldn't at least merit the consideration of a modest nature for the boost to his attacking stat, instead?

I'm not saying I would definitely run modest over timid, as timid does help take advantage of his largest stat, but what exactly is the extra speed doing for him?

Yes we do. It hasn't, sadly (says the Volcarona/Noivern fan)...

I've been spending the last few hours playing with Wonder Trade praying someone will randomly trade away a crummy Noibat so I can have it in my dex at least to GTS for... XD
On the X/Y GTS, if you scroll down all the way on the letters it will say "What Pokemon?" and you can just enter the name of the pokemon. As long as you enter the name correctly it will pull up all the entries for it on the GTS, whether or not it's in the dex. I know I'm a bit late on this post but I figured I should let you know. A bit off topic, I know, but I figured there are others who would want to know.

So, I read through the entire forum here, and have to ask: why Timid? Is there a specific threat/counter that he is outrunning with timid that he can't outrun otherwise that wouldn't at least merit the consideration of a modest nature for the boost to his attacking stat, instead?

I'm not saying I would definitely run modest over timid, as timid does help take advantage of his largest stat, but what exactly is the extra speed doing for him?
He won't outspeeds greninja by 1 point if you don't use max speed, greninja can slaughter noivern with ice beam otherwise

Noivern is one of the best counter to Sub Mawile, if not one of the only ones.

Can take a Sucker Punch (not that well though) and OHKO back with Flamethrower.

Noivern is one of the best counter to Sub Mawile, if not one of the only ones.

Can take a Sucker Punch (not that well though) and OHKO back with Flamethrower.
Ironically, he's also one of mawiles best friends as he can switch into earthquakes and outspeed and demolish dragons with fire/ground coverage. he can also potentially knock out offensive heatran after stealth rocks while being able to 2hko specially defensive heatran ~76% of the time

If it can learn Moonlight, does this mean we can dispense with Roost and it no longer gets smacked by Quakes?

How bout a little support Noivern

Noivern@Life Orb
Timid/Infiltrator/252 Speed/252SpA/4 HP
-Tailwind
-U turn
-Boomburst/hurricane/taunt
-draco meteor/something that hits dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)