Non-OU Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would we be looking at a UU/NU/BL/Uber CAP project? Ever?

If we were, what would we be wanting to balance those metagames? what is unbalancing about those metagames?

Not in the near future. The goal should be OU, but then maybe the pokémon falls into one of the other categories after being tested.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
maybe, but probably not. the point of this is to balance the current metagame. since most people play ou, and that is the most unbalanced, pokemon are being made for ou. thats not to say something we make could turn uu, or even nu. bl isn't a real tier btw, the difference between bl and ou is usage.

Edit: beaten...

i don't like this idea that all we are meant to be making is OU, because it ends with people trying to give the pokemon the best moves possible, just to make sure it is. It happened with scylant which has alot of moves that don't really fit flavor-wise, it nearly happened with the mummy as well.

Make the pokemon, give it moves that it should get, but don't go out of your way to make it top tier OU. Thats why i think the mummy creation has been much more successful then scylant.

With the mummy there was a basic idea and then people went with the moves that actually fit, instead of just overloaded it with every move possible to make sure it fit into top tier OU. People let it fit into place and it looks like its going to sit comfortably on the BL/Low tier OU level.

Where as scylant got a ton of moves that it really didn't need because people were worried it wouldn't be a top tier OU. IMO Things like earth power,fire fang and superpower didn'y really fit but people added them because their has been this notion that it had to be top tier OU. if you took those 3 moves away and whatever else didn't really fit scylant it would have still fallen into place in OU. scylant's movepool,abilty and speed stat scream of fanboys wanting to give the thing every possible advantage it could get and getting it as close to broken as possible without being uber.

To really balance the OU metagame imho would be to add a Physical Blissey (Ballsey) and some more special attackers (Along the line of Syclant), and maybe even a mixed wall.

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
To really balance the OU metagame imho would be to add a Physical Blissey (Ballsey) and some more special attackers (Along the line of Syclant), and maybe even a mixed wall.
do you want skarmbliss all over again with a worse name? i thought not. and for mixed walls you have cressy, spiritomb, and bronzong.

im not one of those people that bitches about blissey and thinks its broken, i am actually glad its there because it stops special attackers taking voer the metagame, but i would like to see more special walls that give you a reason to use them over blissey.

with physical walls the distinction is there, each one in OU gives you a good reason to use them over any other.

If you want really good fighting coverage gliscor is better then skarmory
If you need a spiker skarmory is their
If you want sandstream better tyranitar coverage hippo is better

With blissey their is really no need to use anything else for a special wall,shit like snorlax give me no good reason to use them as a special wall over blissey.

etc

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
How could any of you possibly think this was "Simple question, simple answer" material? All of you that have posted before this should know better.

Anyway, I think this overlaps a lot with the "What is the CAP Project" Workshop, but it's probably a little more specific than we need there. I'm interested in hearing the community opinion on this topic, so I've moved it to a separate thread.

Oh. I thought this was Simple Question, simple answer because i was expecting a Yes, no, or sometime in the future answer ._.

EDIT: In keeping with new thread status; i've updated the OP with another question

The process is not perfect,If we shoot for UU poke and turn into Nu .It is waste of time and effort.We can not guarantee if a poke will be UU or OU.We shoot to make an Ou poke but the metagame will choose what happens to a poke.

We try make an OU and becomes UU that is fine
We try make an OU and becomes BL it is fine
We try make an OU and becomes Uber it is fine

We try make an UU and becomes NU we wasted weeks maybe months of our time making it and probably waste weeks and months trying to fixing it.We honestly don't know if poke will be OU or not but shooting higher gives it a better chance of having some use.We can't tell what will really happen look at Alakazam on paper it looks like a monster but in reality it is not very good in this metagame.Skarmory has average stats but it is common poke.We shoot for main ou game and if it is stronger or weaker it has a place.

Finally why create a pokemon that will not get used ?We already several pokes barely gets used does make any sense to add more.95% percent of the people say i wish UU poke A had this move so i could use it in OU .Nintendo does fine job of putting pokes that we wish where in Ou but screwed them.We don't need to help them

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The main problem is that not enough people play UU for it to be worth our while. Personally I am farmilier with UU, but we come into a whole lot of problems during almost every phaze of the creation process. The mod would have to have an intimate knowledge of the UU metagame in order to be able to curb the project to ensure it remains in UU. Then when we come to the testing phaze we would be incredibly short of test subjects. It's hard enough to find a UU match in the official server let along in Dougs! (I've tried >.> )

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How about we make any pre-evos competive in the UU metagame?
Syclar wants to see some use!
and LS i want to play, but i have no idea how. I think i would learn if there was a CAP pokemon in UU though.

The main problem is that not enough people play UU for it to be worth our while. Personally I am farmilier with UU, but we come into a whole lot of problems during almost every phaze of the creation process. The mod would have to have an intimate knowledge of the UU metagame in order to be able to curb the project to ensure it remains in UU. Then when we come to the testing phaze we would be incredibly short of test subjects. It's hard enough to find a UU match in the official server let along in Dougs! (I've tried >.> )
Psh, no-one for UU? I"m always up for a game of UU/BL.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Well get on Shoddy then Aki! >.>

Anyway I just realised in my previous post I wasted my 3000th post, so happy Sunday's 3000th CaP Project!

Anyway UU just won't have as much interest as OU and thus can't really be concidered until this is well established.

tennisace

^^That had no innuendo what-so-ever... Anyways i agree that there just aren't enough people who want to do a UU pokemon. HOWEVER if someone is willing to do one on the side with a separate set of polls and a separate mini-mod, i'd support it, and i think Sunday would be willing to do it.

One thing at a time, guys. There's bigger fish to fry than complaining about leaving the UU metagame behind. The Pokemon made by this project alter OU in a pretty big fashion, so you would have to create and test and update a new tier list altogether before being able to say what UU is. And from THERE you have to create a Pokemon for UU without it being too overpowered...and since everyone will be using and testing it for UU, it will be a very common Pokemon in these matches nonetheless.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Mekkah: maybe what you say is right once we have made 10 or so pokemon, but the 1-2 we have done so far i doubt will have changed the UU tier much if at all.

Anyway what does everyone think about makeing Syclar and any future C-A-P NFE's viable in UU?
DJD if we did make it so it would work there would you be willing to program it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)