ORAS OU Normal spam (Slaking bulky offense, peaked #3)

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NORMAL SPAM

Proof of peak, alt : Ktutflaut
Other alts: Ktutverde, Acid Seaseed

Have you ever dreamt of ohkoing an hippowdon, slowbro or gliscor with a neutral physical move? Have you ever dreamt of an attack stat bigger than Adamant medicham?
If you once had such a dream, you're welcome. Be ready for... Slaking offense.

THE TEAM

Team building process
The idea came indirectly from my friend Lifeisaroll, who built the team Smoking Gunz featuring a deadly core : mega Medi and Hoopa specs. I decided to build a team around a pokemon having even higher offensive power, and I founded ONE pokemon : Slaking!

Slaking was able to Ohko almost everything but remained quite slow paced against offense. So I added his first partner: Lopunny, therefore creating a Normal spam core. The idea was to punch throught teams without finding any viable resist.

I realised at the moment I added Slaking that Skarmory and mega Zor were able to beat both normal attackers : magnezone was happily added.

Then I just had to fix weaknesses to common threats: my ground immunity, fighting switch-in and SR setter was obviously Lando-T.

Azumarill was necessary because of weavile, diancie, and dragons that could beat Magnezone too easily.

Finally, I tried Latios CM, but quickly changed it for Dragalge, since I was too weak to celebi and clefable, and toxic spikes helped me achieve Ko's with slaking (slowbro, hippo...)

IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS

Djungelbuch (Slaking) @ Choice Band
Ability : Truant
EVs : 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature : Adamant (+Atk -spA)
-Giga Impact
-Retaliate
-Sucker Punch
-Fire Punch

Djungelbuch ("the Jungle Book" in German) is the Monkey-King, who allowed me to quickly reach the topladder of this suspect test. Inspired from the stats of mega-Medicham, he is also a troll showing my opinion : "ban Hoopa-U and ban Slaking!" :DDD
His role is simple : lopunny offense is usually hardstopped by fat regenerator mons and physical walls.
Slaking is able to OHKO all of them after SR or toxic spikes, allowing Lopunny to sweep. Since this team is based on offensive redundancy, the Retaliate after a Ko allows me to reduce the number of opposing mons one by one, which is better than weakening all of them when you have fake out: indeed late-game fake out switch-in becomes a matter of heavy prediction.

The set is simple :
-Retaliate ohkos everything after a kill, and even tornadus-T at half power
-Giga-Impact was suggested by all my supporters "Oh, no Giga Impact :(" when I was using Return. Its little boost over retaliate allows to kill mew or venusaur when I desperately need it
-Sucker Punch ohkos frail fast mons and annihilates latios, rachi scarf ...
-Fire punch is just necesary to hit Sableye and Gengar.

Slaking also boasts incredible physical bulk (150/100) and a great speed tier (100), which is fair when you look at its ability.

The calculator doesn't show full power Retaliate (140BP). Deduce it from GigaImpact (150BP).

252+ Atk Choice Band Slaking Giga Impact vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Slowbro: 322-381 (81.7 - 96.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Slaking Fire Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 238-280 (91.8 - 108.1%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Slaking Giga Impact vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 133-157 (39.8 - 47%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Slaking Giga Impact vs. 252 HP / 164+ Def Garchomp: 379-447 (90.2 - 106.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Slaking Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Manectric: 201-237 (71.5 - 84.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Half Retaliate is deadly though.

252+ Atk Choice Band Slaking Retaliate vs. 96 HP / 0- Def Tornadus-T: 295-348 (91.3 - 107.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Slaking Retaliate vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Breloom: 262-310 (100.3 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Slaking Retaliate vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Keldeo: 238-282 (73.6 - 87.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Slaking: 403-475 (91.3 - 107.7%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Slaking: 242-285 (54.8 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Képi (Lopunny) @ Lopunnite
Ability : Limber > Scrappy
EVs : 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature : Jolly (+Spe -spA)
-Fake Out
-Return
-High Jump Kick
-Ice Punch

Képi (the hat of policemen in French) is my favourite mega in ORAS. Able to score an impressive number of kills against offense, and boasting "unresisted stab" (no fuck Shedinja Branflakes ;) ), he is the best offensive partner for Slaking : fast and plowing through weakened walls.
They form this "Normal Spam" strategy : the heavy damage inflicted by Slaking allows Return punny to clean easily. Lopunny is the most important member of the team, whatever team I'm facing. Losing it usually means GG, but since he's my Late Game sweeper and revenge killer, this never happens.

Ice punch over Pup because of LandoT and gliscor : intimidate is too dangerous and I need to get rid of it quickly.

Polic (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
Ability : Magnet Pull
EVs : 4 Def / 252 spA / 252 Spe
Nature : Timid (+spA -Atk)
IVs : 31 / 0 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 30
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
-Flash Cannon
-Hidden Power Fire

Polic (Police) is a MANDATORY partner to the former core : Skarmory and Mega-Scizor being the only pokemons able to beat both.
The specs was forgotten and the Scarf chosen : he becomes a fantastic bird counter, manaphy killer, scarf Rachi eater... He's also the best steel type fitting this team well.
He becomes an unvaluable RK when facing T-Wave thundurus too, and the strong electric stabs force Slowbro out. He is also a great check to mega Diancie thanks to it's ability to tank his stabs and threaten with a flash cannon. Hp fire deals heavy damage to a predicted excadrill switch.

The IVs allow to keep HP Fire while having 0 Atk ; he reaches 358,5 speed and outspeeds serperior (357). Since Starmie has 361 and 31IVs speed Mag reaches 360, 1 IV less is worth for a min atk.

Mag is quite underrated : he literraly annihilates the famous Bird Team of the ladder in his attempt to sweep.

Mrrraw (Landrus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability : Intimidate
EVs : 252 Atk / 240 Def / 8 spD / 8 Spe
Nature : Impish (+Def -spD)
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-U-Turn

The flying cat, Mrrraaw! I added it because of the need of a ground resist, fighting-moves eater; the Rocky Helmet is, contrairement au Képi, a great tool against Lando scarf and lopunny , medicham, excadrill ad friends : leftovers would be momentum killer.
Mrraw is sent on predicted physical hits, but isn't sacked : I play with Magnezone and him, in order to deal damage with the Helmet, and tank an ice punch or waterfall after : this combo is great against fighting mons like Medicham or Azumarill.

Keeping Lando alive is necessary when facing scarf Lando, scarf Chomp, DD users, and scarf Krookodile ( he beat me once, yes).

Sewl (Azumarill) @ Assault Vest
Ability : Huge Power
EVs : 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 spD
Nature : Adamant (+Atk -spA)
-Waterfall
-Play Rough
-Aqua Jet
-Knock Off

Sewl (Sewl what, he is Sewl that's all) is the tank. I have very little experience with offensive teams, but realised that a mon able to tank hits is necessary in a Bulky Offense team. He is able to counter/check Diancie, Alakazam mega, weavile, keldeo, latios, gardevoir, zardX, mega Heracross...

Originally BDrum, he became AV because I needed the resistances he offered when I was losing my momentum. Don't play recklessly because rocks and repeated hits easily put it in KO range.

(fuck Keldeo Scald)
252 SpA Manaphy Energy Ball vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Assault Vest Azumarill: 130-154 (32.4 - 38.4%) -- 97.1% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Assault Vest Azumarill: 144-169 (35.9 - 42.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Mega Alakazam Psychic vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Assault Vest Azumarill: 145-172 (36.1 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Soulocéan (Dragalge) @ Draco Plate
Ability : Adaptability
EVs : 228 HP / 252 spA / 28 Spe
Nature : Modest (+spA -Atk)
IVs : 0 Atk
-Draco Meteor
-Sludge Wave
-Focus Blast
-Toxic Spikes

Soulocéan (from "Sous l'océan", meaning "under the ocean") is my special nuke. He quickly replaced Latios thanks to his ability of beating celebi and clefable, and thanks to his precious T-Spikes. These spikes are a win con against fat semistall : Hippo, Slowbro fall in Slaking Ko range.
Draco dents heavily annoying scarf Rachis, bisharp, and any steel bar Heatran, and Ttar : just focus miss them then. As long as you weaken them with Dragalge it's Ok : Slaking monstrous Retaliate easily Kill them when they have lost about half their life.

He is my only Rotom switch-in and easily dies of a burn, but switching once on it is often enough to start putting heavy pressure. He also allow me to tank Thunderbolts, and Keldeo's moves, therefore preserving Zuzu.

252+ SpA Dragalge Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 192+ SpD Heatran: 170-202 (44.1 - 52.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Draco Plate Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Jirachi: 153-180 (44.8 - 52.7%) -- 25.8% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Draco Plate Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 96 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 224-264 (69.3 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Draco Plate Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Rotom-W: 286-338 (94.3 - 111.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 200 HP / 0 SpD Dragalge: 112-134 (34.8 - 41.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Threatlist
PROTECT : bye Slaking, bye Lopunny. I just play around clefa with unaware, insult people having the idea of using vaporeon in OU, and happily click waterfall against silly Diancies. Protect Diancie led to several defeats tho.

Shed Shell Skarm + HardStall : click X

MegaZam : FakeOut + AV zu can do it. Sucker punch killed it each time, but now that I reveal it to the whole community...

Venusaur : only dragalge can take safely on it when at ful health

Mew : holyshit if I can't poison it I have no choice but to Gigaimpact

KyuremB : becareful magnezone can't tank 3 billions Ice beam and is forced to flash cannon because the risk is too high. But if you lose some mon just retaliate it :D

Breloom : Send Lando on a spore and bring dragalge after. Even asleep LandoT is extremely helpful.

Clefable : holy shit this thing forces me to GigaImpact (which I try to avoid) or to flash cannon with Mag. Not an immediate threat but stops my momentum.

Replays

Importable

Djungelbuch (Slaking) @ Choice Band
Ability: Truant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Giga Impact
- Fire Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Retaliate

Polic (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Sewl (Azumarill) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Mrraw! (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Kepi (Lopunny) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

Soulocéan (Dragalge) @ Draco Plate
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Toxic Spikes

Shoutouts to all my opponents, those who beat me too because it's necessary to see the flaws.
In particular :
-Lifeisaroll and his OP attackers ; I'll challenge you when you will be back;
-All the guys who watched my battles and suggested GigaImpact;
-Slaking for being too strong.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
I won't be at home for 2 or 3 days so don't worry if I don't answer your messsages right now, I will do it when I'll be back. Enjoy this Slaking team :)

Really cool. My initial thoughts are this team flat out dominates walls. Being no major expert, I can only suggest a possible....special wall? Maybe even a good counter for specially offensive threats, ones with ice beam like scarfed Starmie or say mega Alakazam HP ice that target Landorus or Dragalge. Without Landorus as a nice cornerstone for the team with ground coverage, immunity, fighting resist and stealth rocker, things may get rough. Losing Drag will mean no rotom switch in like you said, and with a tank who can burn on the loose, things get dangerous if you can't outspeed. A scary special offensive fire type if played right can torch Polic, and may have the potential to burn if carrying Will-o, which is awfully crippling. Then there's always the general threat of 30% Scald, though I'm sure won't be a major issue except on Starmie........with Ice beam. It's flat out possible too that someone can simply carry prankster burn, generally sableye, and heat up half the team, primarily if able to capitalize on Slakings truent. Luckily I doubt toxic will ever be a noteworthy threat with your mons power and paralysis isn't much of a worry if the matchup is nuetral. That's about all I have to offer. Some of the threats I mentioned you may hardly find that common but hey. I'm here to improve. I hope this helps, it's a really interesting team concept.

Last edited:

Ktütverde

of course
Really cool. My initial thoughts are this team flat out dominates walls. Being no major expert, I can only suggest a possible....special wall? Maybe even a good counter for specially offensive threats, ones with ice beam like scarfed Starmie or say mega Alakazam HP ice that target Landorus or Dragalge. Without Landorus as a nice cornerstone for the team with ground coverage, immunity, fighting resist and stealth rocker, things may get rough. Losing Drag will mean no rotom switch in like you said, and with a tank who can burn on the loose, things get dangerous if you can't outspeed. A scary special offensive fire type if played right can torch Polic, and may have the potential to burn if carrying Will-o, which is awfully crippling. Then there's always the general threat of 30% Scald, though I'm sure won't be a major issue except on Starmie........with Ice beam. It's flat out possible too that someone can simply carry prankster burn, generally sableye, and heat up half the team, primarily if able to capitalize on Slakings truent. Luckily I doubt toxic will ever be a noteworthy threat with your mons power and paralysis isn't much of a worry if the matchup is nuetral. That's about all I have to offer. Some of the threats I mentioned you may hardly find that common but hey.
I'm here to improve. I hope this helps, it's a really interesting team concept.
You are perfectly right man. You obviously studied this team and found the weaknesses : rotom taking advantage of truant, lando and azu ; fast wOw users (mew) ; and scald. In fact, my team puts such a gigantic pressure that things like rotom can rarely come without taking huge damage, and I keep dragalge as a burn absorber, which forces burn users out and allows me to put pressure again.
Anyway, the kind of teams involving rotom and mew are balance, which have a very hard time against my bulky nukes. Using Slaking is quite an achievement for me, and I don't think I can improve the team.
Thanks for feedback Jordanious!

I never thought "Slaking" and "Peaked #3 in OU" could coexist in the same sentence... You have my respects

As you said, Mega Zam kinda walks over the corpses of your team, but I find it hard to solve this problem without adding more threats (You could slap a Choice Scarf in your Slaking, but the damage difference is really important, so I don't recommend it)

Anyways, congrats for your peak!!! I can't find many weaknesses that you or Jordanious haven't pointed out.

Have a nice day

I just wanna say how enormously impressed I am that you've actually used Slaking successfully. I was incredibly skeptical. I've been playing Pokemon for a long time now, and I once legitimately argued to someone on this site that having a Slaking on your team is worse than having a 5-mon team (creates setup opportunities for the opponent and whatnot, easily exploited by Substitute and Protect, etc.). I thought it was a pretty well-supported argument. You have proven me wrong.

Hey Ktütverde,
Firstly I would like to say a big congratulations for ranking #3 with slaking, I love it so much and i'm glad someone could pull it off. I was thinking about your team decisions and I like what you have done. But in terms of your Mega-Zam, clef and breloom weakness, I would like to suggest the addition of scolipede.
>

Scolipede @ Black Sludge
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 64 HP / 172 Atk / 140 SpD / 132 Spe
Careful Nature
- Megahorn
- Protect
- Poison Jab/Iron Tail
- Toxic Spikes

Scolipede can serve as the role of your T-Spiker while being able to beat M-Zam, Breloom, Celebi and various other threats to your team. The spread is to be able to OHKO breloom with Megahorn after rocks and be able to outspeed Mega-Zam after one protect. The rest of the EVs are dumped into S.Def and HP to make it more bulky. The majority of the time, the spread can also let you take an ice beam from LO Kyurem after rocks and a protect and kill it with two mega horns. Iron tail can also be used as an alternative to rock and ice types yet it's accuracy isn't reliable. Let me know what you think of the change and I wish you more success with the team :]

~Obiora

EDIT: I do notice it removes your main rotom switch in... Yet that aside I still feel it has possibility to do good on your team!

Last edited:
I guess I just want to chime in and also say congrats. Your team is standout in that your plays are very consistent - if a pokemon goes down then Slaking can come in and seriously wallbreak. Once he's done that job, you have many defensive threats to fall back on for the switch - Dragalge and AV Azumarill have synergistic resistances/weakness and are great as SpDef walls, Lando serves as a decent physical pivot, and with prediction Magnezone can either trap the ubiquitous steels and also pivot as needed or if your prediction was off. When you've have enough of that back and forth, then Lopunny is a great late game cleaner.

While people may say this is predictable (and certainly would be if the tier was rife with Slaking teams) short of protect in the threat list there's very little to stop Slaking, and unlike most wallbreakers he actually has a decent speed tier and priority. I think with these systematic reliable plays you've carved yourself a very respectable balance team, and you've done so with a PU pokemon as well as not even using the Smogon standard sets for that pokemon. Great job.

I guess in terms of changing stuff up, Mega Lopunny could easily be changed for a variety of cleaners (albeit somewhat contrary to your Normal Spam title). Something like Taunt/Bulk Up SpDef Talonflame does a reasonable job of handling a lot of threats to your team (Breloom, Venusaur, Mew and will definitely put a dent in Mega-Zam and Clefable) and adds to the SpDef players you already have on your team (Azu and Dragalge) as well as anti-stall capability. The only problem is your lack of hazard removal, however Talonflame is notorious for forcing switches so getting in a Roost isn't tricky, and it's priority Flying STAB moves certainly hit hard. Further, you already have switches for the things Talonflame doesn't like - Lando for Rock types and Dragalge for Water/Electric.

Mega Lopunny is definitely straight forward to use (the perfect neutral coverage and great speed tier), but even if you don't think Talonflame is such a great idea then I'd still change up its slot with different cleaners. Something may very well be a better fit, and it strikes me as one of the most replaceable members here.

Ktütverde

of course
I guess I just want to chime in and also say congrats. Your team is standout in that your plays are very consistent - if a pokemon goes down then Slaking can come in and seriously wallbreak. Once he's done that job, you have many defensive threats to fall back on for the switch - Dragalge and AV Azumarill have synergistic resistances/weakness and are great as SpDef walls, Lando serves as a decent physical pivot, and with prediction Magnezone can either trap the ubiquitous steels and also pivot as needed or if your prediction was off. When you've have enough of that back and forth, then Lopunny is a great late game cleaner.

While people may say this is predictable (and certainly would be if the tier was rife with Slaking teams) short of protect in the threat list there's very little to stop Slaking, and unlike most wallbreakers he actually has a decent speed tier and priority. I think with these systematic reliable plays you've carved yourself a very respectable balance team, and you've done so with a PU pokemon as well as not even using the Smogon standard sets for that pokemon. Great job.

I guess in terms of changing stuff up, Mega Lopunny could easily be changed for a variety of cleaners (albeit somewhat contrary to your Normal Spam title). Something like Taunt/Bulk Up SpDef Talonflame does a reasonable job of handling a lot of threats to your team (Breloom, Venusaur, Mew and will definitely put a dent in Mega-Zam and Clefable) and adds to the SpDef players you already have on your team (Azu and Dragalge) as well as anti-stall capability. The only problem is your lack of hazard removal, however Talonflame is notorious for forcing switches so getting in a Roost isn't tricky, and it's priority Flying STAB moves certainly hit hard. Further, you already have switches for the things Talonflame doesn't like - Lando for Rock types and Dragalge for Water/Electric.

Mega Lopunny is definitely straight forward to use (the perfect neutral coverage and great speed tier), but even if you don't think Talonflame is such a great idea then I'd still change up its slot with different cleaners. Something may very well be a better fit, and it strikes me as one of the most replaceable members here.
Hahaha !:) the guy using the most troll trickroom team ever suggesting me serious changes ! :') Yeah I could replace Lopunny maybe but : do you really see another Mega being fast, hitting hard, able to take on offense and to clean late-game? No, I think Lopunny is the best choice.
My team has flaws, but it's the same for any team. I managed to peak3 without any trouble, and probably I would have reached 1 if this short suspect test didn't end this day.
Thanks for suggestion man;) If you ever test it and are succesful replacing Lop tell me, cuz I hardly imagine a positive change to my team^^

Ktütverde

of course
Hey Ktütverde,
Firstly I would like to say a big congratulations for ranking #3 with slaking, I love it so much and i'm glad someone could pull it off. I was thinking about your team decisions and I like what you have done. But in terms of your Mega-Zam, clef and breloom weakness, I would like to suggest the addition of scolipede.
>

Scolipede @ Black Sludge
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 64 HP / 172 Atk / 140 SpD / 132 Spe
Careful Nature
- Megahorn
- Protect
- Poison Jab/Iron Tail
- Toxic Spikes

Scolipede can serve as the role of your T-Spiker while being able to beat M-Zam, Breloom, Celebi and various other threats to your team. The spread is to be able to OHKO breloom with Megahorn after rocks and be able to outspeed Mega-Zam after one protect. The rest of the EVs are dumped into S.Def and HP to make it more bulky. The majority of the time, the spread can also let you take an ice beam from LO Kyurem after rocks and a protect and kill it with two mega horns. Iron tail can also be used as an alternative to rock and ice types yet it's accuracy isn't reliable. Let me know what you think of the change and I wish you more success with the team :]

~Obiora

EDIT: I do notice it removes your main rotom switch in... Yet that aside I still feel it has possibility to do good on your team!
As you say yourself : Rotom wrecks me witout dragalge. This scolipede just sounds awesome, is very hard to beat when running offense. But the issues are : rotom , sableye blocks the spikes, he can't do this VS dragalge ; the need of a special hitter ; the threat of ZardY and keldeo and T-bolt users.
Thanks a lot for the encouragement Obiora:D

you can change the basepower of an attack in the calc you know ? you can have more accurate calcs like that

Hahaha !:) the guy using the most troll trickroom team ever suggesting me serious changes ! :') Yeah I could replace Lopunny maybe but : do you really see another Mega being fast, hitting hard, able to take on offense and to clean late-game? No, I think Lopunny is the best choice.
My team has flaws, but it's the same for any team. I managed to peak3 without any trouble, and probably I would have reached 1 if this short suspect test didn't end this day.
Thanks for suggestion man;) If you ever test it and are succesful replacing Lop tell me, cuz I hardly imagine a positive change to my team^^
It's definitely a solid mon in the team, I was grasping for an area where you could improve - maybe, possibly, but likely not. I'd imagine your right in that M-Lop is the best choice, it's ease of use is far greater than Talonflame and it is a fantastic late game cleaner. In any case congrats, as I said you've made a well oiled and systematic machine here - one that rightfully made a big splash in the ladder.

I guess for the M-Lop set, I've not seen in your replays you make use of Ice Punch over much. Something like Quick Attack might be a good replacement, as then you've got a good one-two punch against faster threats (Zam, scarfers) and priority users (Breloom) with Fake Out then Quick Attack. On most Lopunny sets this is obviously inferior, but as your delegated late game cleaner you don't really need as much those early game momentum grabbing moves like Ice Punch so much. Really Quick Attack is no more situational than Ice Punch when you have an atom-bomb like HJK against most threats anyway, and TBH you're less threatened by Lando and Gliscor than you are Breloom and Mega-Zam.

Ktütverde

of course
you can change the basepower of an attack in the calc you know ? you can have more accurate calcs like that
Damn thanks I didn't know ! I know how to do so now :) Still I let Gigaimpact as the reference in my calcs because of similar power

Ktütverde

of course
It's definitely a solid mon in the team, I was grasping for an area where you could improve - maybe, possibly, but likely not. I'd imagine your right in that M-Lop is the best choice, it's ease of use is far greater than Talonflame and it is a fantastic late game cleaner. In any case congrats, as I said you've made a well oiled and systematic machine here - one that rightfully made a big splash in the ladder.

I guess for the M-Lop set, I've not seen in your replays you make use of Ice Punch over much. Something like Quick Attack might be a good replacement, as then you've got a good one-two punch against faster threats (Zam, scarfers) and priority users (Breloom) with Fake Out then Quick Attack. On most Lopunny sets this is obviously inferior, but as your delegated late game cleaner you don't really need as much those early game momentum grabbing moves like Ice Punch so much. Really Quick Attack is no more situational than Ice Punch when you have an atom-bomb like HJK against most threats anyway, and TBH you're less threatened by Lando and Gliscor than you are Breloom and Mega-Zam.
This is aboslutely true. Breloom is becoming more and more annoying, and I struggle a lot vs him. But offense isn't that dangerous against my team, because bulky offense shines vs this playstyle thanks to similar power but increased bulk.
Quick attck is my preferred option for most of my Lopunnies, but in this case I really need Ice Punch : it saved me so much times vs Gliscor and Lando late game.
However I think there is an even better option : power-up punch. Indeed it's deadly VS regenerator semistall and stall, because HJK 2hkos quagsire and +1 HJK beats skarm. Sableye and amoonguss builds being the worst to face, I think that pUp is even better than ice punch and quick attack.
Thanks for showing me there was room for change in the Lop set Jojobobo, even though I don't think quick attack is very useful simply because offense is the most easy playstyle to deal with. :)
I'll probably try the team again after seeing your suggestions and eventually peak1 since the ladder won't reset (at least I hope so) :D

I love the team and I've been using it for some time. You do struggle vs hazards. Maybe a hazard remover like Latias in the place of Dragalge? It can hold it's own vs Rotom-W, it can hit hard Sableye without many boosts, tank hits from Keldeo, roost off some damage and defog hazards away. Maybe a classic offensive spread, from Smogon. You do lose toxic spikes though. Anyway, congratulations for this very fun-to-use team!

Ktütverde

of course
I love the team and I've been using it for some time. You do struggle vs hazards. Maybe a hazard remover like Latias in the place of Dragalge? It can hold it's own vs Rotom-W, it can hit hard Sableye without many boosts, tank hits from Keldeo, roost off some damage and defog hazards away. Maybe a classic offensive spread, from Smogon. You do lose toxic spikes though. Anyway, congratulations for this very fun-to-use team!
I tried latias and latios, with CM, Lifeorb, roost, magicroom... Whatever I tried I had no "switch-in" to sableye, celebi just wrecked the whole team, and clefable too. I know that latias is far more viable than dragalge, but in this team dragalge is definitely a better choice.
And yeah spikes are very annoying but I usually haven't too much trouble : once mag has trapped skarm and klefki, slaking and lopunny can easily spam normal moves :)
Could you give me your alt so that I can watch replays where you succesfully use latias?

I haven't tried Latias yet. I actually use the original rmt and I'm like in 1500ish in rank. Drag is actually great vs Celebi and Sableye and Rotom, I see it now after using this team more. I managed to OHKO a Latias followed by a Mega-Gardevoir ,too, with 2x Return Lopunny (after finding opportunity of Power-up-Punching twice) in a game, so I think that Power Up Punch is awesome and better than Ice Punch. I'll keep playing with that team, to find if something could be improved.

Ktütverde

of course
I haven't tried Latias yet. I actually use the original rmt and I'm like in 1500ish in rank. Drag is actually great vs Celebi and Sableye and Rotom, I see it now after using this team more. I managed to OHKO a Latias followed by a Mega-Gardevoir ,too, with 2x Return Lopunny (after finding opportunity of Power-up-Punching twice) in a game, so I think that Power Up Punch is awesome and better than Ice Punch. I'll keep playing with that team, to find if something could be improved.
Could you give me your alt so that i can watch your replays? :)

kinda late to say something on this thread but I used your team for a while and it got me consistent wins on mid/high ladder (1700s) and raised my gxe significantly.

I swear this team is the greatest. tried to find replays but the only ones saved are of me losing.

Ktütverde

of course
kinda late to say something on this thread but I used your team for a while and it got me consistent wins on mid/high ladder (1700s) and raised my gxe significantly.

I swear this team is the greatest. tried to find replays but the only ones saved are of me losing.
Hahaha! Thanks Blarghl, I remember you watching my battles, even though I was using "copied" shedinja and some other weird stuff! I'm happy that my Slaking team proved to be good in the hands of another player :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)