North American Mew distribution announced - 10/15 to 10/31

Wi-Fi distribution, designed to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the North American release of Gold and Silver. This distribution is for Heart Gold/Soul Silver only.

Announcement on Pokemon.com.

This will be able to be soft reset, RNGed, etc as well.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Generally they have followed releases in English-speaking countries everywhere else, so they might have another one to coinside with the other releases. I hope so.

Yay! Can't wait to get it. This is for English D/P/Pt/HG/SS, right?

Edit: Wait, only for HG/SS. Thanks for telling us!

This means I'll have to forfeit soft-resetting for a good Ho-oh if I want Mew...
Fortunately not. Mystery Gift is unlocked right from the outset, and you do not need to defeat the Elite Four to obtain Pokémon from outside the Johto Dex; I had a Jirachi from the Summer 2010 Wondercard in HeartGold for example, and its Dex Number simply appeared as ??? before the National Dex. Besides, if you KO or run from a legendary, it will be revived after defeating the Elite Four, so even if you want to reset for Mew right now and don't want to climb the Bell Tower again, you can just run from Ho-Oh and reset for it later.

*fist pumps*

Now if they'll just do that sweet looking Celebi time travel event here too...
I'm sure they will, but probably closer to non-JPN releases of Black/White along with the shiny beasts. That said, I'm glad that we're getting this Mew as well, I almost thought we weren't getting it since it was so close to the 10th anniversary already.

*fist pumps*

Now if they'll just do that sweet looking Celebi time travel event here too...
Have to GTL(I learned what that meant on Bones last week)on the 15th, start SRing Mew on Sat then.
But really, It's a bit ridiculous how long it's taking for that Celebi event.

How does the region thing work, for example I'm in China, yet I own an English copy of the game; am I eligible to receive the mew?
It should work. I have a friend in Singapore with an English copy of the game. It corresponds to North American releases and she's been able to receive event downloads.

I'm sure they will, but probably closer to non-JPN releases of Black/White along with the shiny beasts. That said, I'm glad that we're getting this Mew as well, I almost thought we weren't getting it since it was so close to the 10th anniversary already.

Yeah, I'm stoked for it too. I think this is the first time I'm going to have a legit Mew in one of my games. =)

The event starts tomorrow, right? That's the same day as my girlfriend's birthday party. I don't even care, I'm busting out my DS mid-party. XD

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I want to get more then one Mew. Can I get one trade it to another game, start my SS again and repeat?
Yes you can. I can't remember who it was, but some Youtubers did that but mass-scale and got like ~100 Shaymin/Jirachis.

Since Heart Gold/Soul Silver have Mystery Gift enabled by default, you basically need to enable trading, send the Mew to another game, and restart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)