Congratulations to our winner GOUKI!!!

Smogon Tournament Rules (for reference)
Signups
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4
Round 5

Before we get to the pairings I'd just like to say that it was a blast to host this tourney. I appreciated the respect and sportsmanship that was displayed in earlier threads, as well as the support and compliments I received from all of you guys ^_^ And now we're down to just three worthy competitors...scroll down for more!

Standard Battling Rules:

• Evasion Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Freeze Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Self-KO Clause
  • Soul Dew Clause
  • Anything that is banned from the OU ladder at the beginning of round 1 (Ubers and OU Suspects) will be banned from the entire tournament.
  • HGSS movesets will not be allowed as they were not allowed at the beginning of this tourney.
Additional Rules:
  • Logs are optional as long as both players confirm the result.
  • No scouting. Spectating is allowed, but if the players ask you to leave please do so.
  • Single elimination tournament.
  • STAB attacking moves are not allowed. For instance, this means that Salamence can use Dragon Dance, but it cannot use Outrage. Hidden Power is considered whatever type it is, not Normal-type like it is usually considered; for instance Salamence cannot use Hidden Power Dragon but Lickilicky can use it. Moves like Seismic Toss, Endeavor, and Night Shade are allowed on Fighters, Normals, and Ghosts, respectively, since they do not gain extra power from STAB.
  • Pokemon and moves that can change types during the battle are banned. This includes Kecleon, Castform, etc. (like anybody was going to use them...)
Regarding Activity and Timeframes:

• Each round will last 2 weeks; extensions will last around 3 days if both parties have shown activity.
  • Please make activity posts around every 4-5 days or so. If you do not do so I will sub you out.
The deadline for the finals is November 3rd; however, I will be more lenient this round if you need an extension. Good luck.

The seedings have nothing to do with the pairings; I was just too lazy to edit them out when I c/p'd the list from the signups.

If you have any questions feel free to post or PM me (preferably post though :P). If you think I DC'd/coinflipped unfairly also notify me.

PAIRINGS:

92. Gouki vs. 36. panamaxis
82. latios315 vs. 92. Gouki
36. panamaxis vs. 82. latios315

If I did any pairings wrong or something dumb, please tell me so I can fix it.

IMPORTANT: Based on the submissions from the 3 finalists, in the event of a 1-1-1 tie in the round robin finals, there will be one sudden death round where everybody will play again. However, if that sudden death also ends in a 1-1-1 tie, I will declare a joint victory.

Also, if possible, it'd be great if you guys could arrange your battles with a Smogon Youtube recorder so we can get these amazing battles on tape for posterity. I wouldn't mind a public scheduling if possible, either ^_^

No luck and may the best battler win!

panamaxis to win this!

Gouki will win.

Gouki

nice times all the times
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Past SPL Champion
yeah i beat latios315 and pana in some fun matches

ggs dudes, and nice job on the tournament chickens, it was a lot of fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)