Let's Play! Nostalgia's Vialocke Challenge

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hi everyone, it's DarkNostalgia here! This is gonna be my first second ever nuzlocke challenge (yes, holy shit right, lost my first one to the Elite Four of Unova 1, and I've been discouraged since), but ever since I've joined Smogon I've been a bit more motivated, so now my second Nuzlocke challenge will commence! I decided to do a challenge run of Blaze Black 2, made by Drayano, but with an additional twist...

The Rules:
  • Fainted Pokemon are considered 'dead' and must be placed in the box forever
  • Viability Clause: This is the twist I was talking about. Basically, I can only catch and use Pokemon that are UU or lower. I am referring the ORAS statistics, not BW2. I will keep an eye on updates. HOWEVER Megas will be ranked seperately. For example Mega Manectric is OU but normal Manectric most certainly isn't, therefore I can use Manectric.
  • I may only catch the first Pokemon I find in each area... UNLESS it doesn't comply with Viability Clause
  • A shiny Pokemon can be caught at any time but must comply with Viability Clause.
  • Legendaries can be caught and used but must comply with Viability Clause.
  • Level Cap: At no point can ANY of my Pokemon be more than 3 levels higher than the next gym leaders. If legendaries/Pokemon break this clause they will be boxed until after the gym battle.
  • HM slaves can be used regardless of the second and third clause.
  • Starters to be randomized on a random 'mon generator site. Proof of my starter:
Since Black 2 is incompatible with Universal Pokemon Randomizer, I will Pokegen the starters into the game. I'm sorry everyone, but I'm gonna be as legit as possible, and FML I should've randomized the natures on the site, but w/e. So basically I genned it with Modest (sorry) then clicked randomize ivs to make it as legit as possible. Turned out to be 'often dozes off' with like 20 spatk ivs or so.

So let's get on to Part 1, this is gonna be a short-ish update.

Part 1 - First Step

So let's get on to Part 1, this is gonna be a short-ish update.
I'm not good at narrating, I'll give it a shot though, and I've changed most of the dialogue since it sounded arduous and boring. I will be referring to myself as Nostalgia throughout this narration, but you might find out my in-game name later...

Nostalgia heads out of the door just as dawn breaks, eager to begin his journey into the world of Pokemon. He meets his friend Henry (Hugh) on his way out, who is also eager to start his adventure. Together they go searching for Bianca.
They find her on the top of Aspertia's Lookout, holding a black velvet box, which in fact, contains three Pokeballs. Nostalgia receives a Pokedex and is told to fill it for Professor Juniper, which he happily agrees to do, as well as receiving a starter, a Duosion.

Nostalgia proceeds to have his first battle against Henry, whos Oshawott goes down without much of a fight. Genesis also grows to Level 6 <3. Yay Nosty wins his first battle and mum gives him the running shoes. Henry runs off to some random route and Nostalgia decides to go follow him. He picks up a bicycle from a gatekeeper. Then he meets Bianca who teaches him how to catch a Pokemon even though he's watched it on TV so many times already. Eager to have another Pokemon, Nostalgia walks in the tall grass... and out pops his first encounter.

It's a Purrloin. Nostalgia follows Bianca's advice and decides to weaken the Purrloin first. Genesis uses Rollout but ends up KOing the Purrloin at turn 3 since Rollout doesn't stop :'( Upset, Nostalgia decides to stop and go heal at the Pokemon Centre.

So yeah this is the intro and a little bit of Part 1, I'll update this a bit later on when I have time to play. Enjoy! <3

This challenge looks like it will be incredibly hard, I'm really looking forward to this! I can only give you one advice: Remember to have fun. I haven't played Blaze Black (jet) but to my knowledge it is really hard to nuzlocke already with the ''standard'' nuzlocke rules. Best of luck and may the hax be ever in your favor.

DarkNostalgia

is a Contributor Alumnus
Ok I'll try to do updates ASAP, I've got photos and everything, but I do have loads to do, so maybe in a few days?

DarkNostalgia

is a Contributor Alumnus
Time to update!! Let me tell you something, it takes ages to upload all my pics onto imgur... WideTomato told me to use word but it still didn't work :(
So titling this "MAY THE HAX BE IN YOUR FAVOR" cuz wynaut :)

Nostalgia has no idea how Alder has gone up there on the ledge, much less how he manages to jump off without dying.

Alder then tells Nostalgia to train at his house, but instead instructs him to go deliver the town map to Henry first. Along the way, Nostalgia has his first trainer battle!
The two of them fall easily to multiple Psywaves from Duosion. Full of pride and a sense of accomplishment, Nostalgia presses on. The grass aheads lurks his encounter...

SEEDOT! (i hate seedot) Nostalgia stupidly forgets that Seedot is not a Dark type yet, and instead goes for Rollout, which ends up killing the Seedot. Seriously, Nostalgia needs to catch a Pokemon soon or else he will come close to having to go home in defeat.
Nostalgia enters the gates of Flocessy Ranch knowing that a Pokemon MUST be caught here or else he faces defeat.
The stakes are high...
Nostalgia steps into the grass gingerly as an Azurill pops out. Disappointed since Nostalgia cannot catch it since Azumarill is in the OU tier, Nostalgia searches for another Pokemon.

RIOLU!!! Nostalgia screams in delight at the sigh of the canine and manages to weaken it with Psywaves and Hidden Power (Steel) before successfully catching it.

The stats are great, and Riolu would be a great help for the first gym!
Duosion, Lv. 12 [MODEST] (Psywave, Hidden Power (Steel), Rollout, Reflect)
Riolu, Lv. 5 [CAREFUL] (Foresight, Quick Attack, Endure)

Giddy with happiness, Nostalgia decides to train the newly caught Riolu before catching up with Henry.

Lv 10 is enough, and Nostalgia is challenged by Henry to a battle! Duosion easily takes out all two of Henry's Pokemon. After the battle, the owner of the ranch appears and gives Nostalgia the Soothe Bell, which is the perfect item for Riolu!

But the mood turns dark suddenly as it is revealed that one of their Herdier were stolen by Team Plasma; enraged Henry runs to catch the villains. Nostalgia follows. Henry also hands Nostalgia an Exp Share.

The Team Plasma Grunt is found in a clearing. Scared at being found he flees, but not before handing Nostalgia TM 21 Frustration, which he doubts he will ever use.

The owner of the ranch is incredibly grateful that Herdier was found and Henry departs. Nostalgia remembers his promise to Alder and leaves for his house.

Inside the house are two children smaller than Nostalgia. Alder decides to let them battle Nostalgia, and needless to say, they get beaten up. As the children stare at Nostalgia in reverence he leaves where a creepy man holding a box awaits him.

He hands Nostalgia the Medal Box, which is gonna be a nice challenge for him to fill along his journey.

Nostalgia heads inside the gym, and battles the Hoenn Gym Leader Roxanne for some exp and as a warm-up. It was a really close match. Nostalgia accidentally tells Riolu to use Feint on Anorith, which does absolutely no damage and is taken down to red health by an Aerial Ace. Shocked, Nostalgia switches into Duosion who gets hit by a Cross Poison. Duosion then makes quick work of the Anorith with HP Steel. Lileep is next, and again, HP Steel takes it out quickly, especially since Lileep keeps spamming Solarbeam which takes two turns. Nosepass is last, and again, it is destroyed by HP Steel. Shocked by how close he came to losing Riolu Nostalgia decides to heal up before challenging the gym.

(Homie) Cheren is waiting for Nostalgia within the gym, and tells Nostalgia that to challenge him he must get through both the trainers. Nostalgia easily takes them both out like a knife through butter, but the best is yet to come...

After beating the girl, Riolu levels up... and learns Force Palm! The challenge just got considerably easier, and Nostalgia nervously steps up to the stage where Cheren is standing.
Nostalgia starts with Riolu whilst Cheren starts with Minccino. Riolu outspeeds and OHKOs the Minccino with Force Palm. Lilipup is sent out next... and is also destroyed by Force Palm. Munchlax is last, and Nostalgia was expecting a real challenge here since Munchlax is quite a bulky Pokemon, but Riolu ends up getting a crit with Force Palm and takes Munchlax out in one single hit.
1/8 :]
Basic Badge, GETTTTTT!!!

Nostalgia goes to the Pokemon Centre, heals up his Pokemon after quite an intense easy game and takes a rest at home.

So, I'm gonna stop this update here, I've actually played more than this but I didn't want to overload you, so there we go. I hope you enjoyed, stay tuned for more :)

I like how riolu actually wanted to join the party "let me use endure so he have better odds of catching me" or maybe he was just worried about dying also, how how could you miss the opportunity to catch a seedot in a nuzlocke challenge?

DarkNostalgia

is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm not very good at this lol, I didnt have wifi so I couldn't look up seedot, thought it was a dark type, and killed it with rollout :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)