Not as innocent as it looks

Credits to this guy for giving inspiration for making a trick room team with seeing his success http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3478359
Team at a glance

Trick room teams are always interesting letting you use those Pokemon that are too slow to sweep but have a great attack stat. This team plays fairly offensively using slow bulky attackers. This team relies on 4 TR set up Pokemon. So I built the core of Duosion who can set up TR and has massive special attack. Solrock sets up my Stealth Rocks and Trick Room. Lampent with a eviolite makes it bulky and lastly for my Trick Room Audino was put on the team because I didn't want any more Pokemon who are weak to dark because would Skunktank will easily plow through my team. I decided to use Eelektross and Marowak because they are both hard hitters who can easily own a team that isn't ready.

Duosion @ Eviolite
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 2 Atk / 3 Spd
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]​

The EV spread makes out HP and Special Attack and the IVs let Hidden Power Ground still have base 70 while using the lowest speed and attack because Leipard is annoying with Swagger and Foul Play. Duosion is one the best Pokemon to set up Trick Room because the bulk it has with eviolite and paired up with its equivalent special attack as its big brother Reuniclus is can wreck train. Psychic is Duosion strongest attack lets it OHKO many frail pokemon after Stealth Rock damage such as Sawk, Pinsir, and Zebstrika. Signal Beam is useful for hitting psychic types for super effective damage and other bulky grass types like Exeggutor and Tangela. Hidden Power Ground is must needed move on Duosion so it's not walled by Skunktank, Probopass and Bastiodon.

Possible changes:There's not really much to change about Duosion except Magic Guard over Regenerator because my team does not like hazards but Regenerator is useful for taking Sawk CC.

Solrock @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Trick Room
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock​

Solrock EV spread let it take some hits while maxing out its attack because it's more like a suicide lead. Solrock is used as my lead 90% of the time. Trick Room is obvious. Stone Edge and Earthquake create the infamous EdgeQuake Combo hitting most of the NU tier for neutral damage. Stealth Rock is a essential move for every team.

Possible changes: Any suggestion to another pokemon that can use Trick Room and set up stealth rocks. I have tried Kelceon and it's kind of meh.

Lampent @ Eviolite
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 232 HP / 12 Def / 12 SDef
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spd / 0 Atk
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Memento​

Lampent EV spread is taken straight from Smogon. IVs lower the amount of confusion and Foul Play damage. Trick Room is essential for this kind of team. Fire Blast and Shadow Ball is Lampent strongest attacks hitting most of the Metagame for neutral damage. Memento is a nice move because it allows my Marowak to set up a sub easily and last ditch effort if it's low on health.

Audino @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spd
- Trick Room
- Wish
- Toxic
- Heal Bell​

Audino is one of the pokemon that I don't mind getting rid of. It usually sets up Trick Room and dies or take special hits occasionally. Wish helps heal my team able to pass 205 HP wishes around. Toxic cripples walls if my two sweepers can't get past them. Heal Bell out my team a lot because since Roselia dropped down to NU lots of Toxic Spikes have been going around.

Possible changes: Open to any suggestions to replace Audino.

Eelektross @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Drain Punch​

Eelektross is a interesting pokemon with no weakness and base 105 special attack and 115 attack. Those make a excellent wall breaker and combined with it's huge move pool. EVs are to max out it's special attack and attack. I could use a new EV spread but it will make me miss out to 2HKO Lickilicky with Drain Punch after Stealth Rock damage. Thunderbolt deals with those bulky water such as Alomomola, Frillish and Wartortole. Flamethrower hits bulky grass type that get in the way for Marowak. Giga Drain hits ground types that try to come in on a Thunderbolt and it's a pseudo healing method. Drain Punch is another pseudo healing method that deals with the bulky normal types such as Audino and Lickilicky.

Marowak @ Thick Club
Trait: Rock Head
Brave Nature
- Bonemerang
- Double-Edge
- Stone Edge
- Substitute

Marowak EV spread are simple maxing out his HP to take hits and max attack to hit hard as possible. Bonemerang is a useful move able to OHKO those sturdy users such as Golem and Bastidon. Double-Edge hits all those other Pokemon hard that resist Bonemerang. Stone Edge creates the EdgeQuake combo dealing with those pesky flying types. Substitute is very useful because whenever Lampent uses Memento I usually go to Marowak to get a free sub up.

Final Glance​

Conclusion

I really like this team and the way of using the uncommon Trick Room team because many teams are not prepared for this type of game style. I am sitting at the ladder with about 1700 points and played about 10-15 games with it. Hope you enjoy and leave luvdisc if you decide to try this team out!

Duosion @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 3 Spd
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Solrock @ Leftovers
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Lampent @ Eviolite
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 232 HP / 12 Def / 252 SAtk / 12 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Memento

Audino @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Wish
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Eelektross @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Drain Punch

Marowak @ Thick Club
Trait: Rock Head
Brave Nature
- Bonemerang
- Double-Edge
- Stone Edge
- Substitute

Threat List​

The offensive set can easily 2HKO my entire team due to it's ability scrappy.

Stupid Sub swagger foul play set..

hits 1/2 of my team super effectively Audino can some what check it but can't do anything back to it.

hits 1/2 of my team super effectively

Probably more threats I have not encountered or think of.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
to fix most of the problems on your threat list, you can run gurdurr over marowak as your trick room sweeper. it is one of the best responses to dark-types and can take kangaskhan's attacks well and retaliate with a powerful drain punch.

with that change, you can afford to drop drain punch on eelektross. i understand that it is walled by normal-types without it, but the loss in bulk is far too much of a trade-off in return for dealing with situational threats. you already have solrock, lampent, and gurdurr which can deal with them. in its place, you can run volt switch in order to pivot out on the last turn of trick room into one of your set-up pokemon. there are other options available such as substitute or acid spray, so feel free to try them out as well; the main selling point of this change is the added bulk.

water-types can basically spam hydro pump and win against your team, especially if trick room is not up. one way to deal with this is by running protect over heal bell on audino so it can switch into most hydro pumps and stall them out with wish. without protect, you will have to rely on sacrificing a pokemon to get audino in safely. your team is pretty fast paced, so the loss of heal bell won't be too bad. you can also run exeggutor over duosion to gain a resistance to water. exeggutor his just as hard as duosion and is one of the premier trick room setters in the tier.

summary of changes:

gurdurr over marowak
volt switch over drain punch on eelektross
maximum hp on eelektross
protect over heal bell on audino
exeggutor over duosion
Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Trait: Guts
Brave Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

Eelektross @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Quiet Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Volt Switch

Audino @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Toxic
- Trick Room

Exeggutor @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Trick Room

Hey thanks for the rate! I will try your suggestions and yeah I never did notice that a Rain Dance team could easy run train over my team. I'll try out the suggestions but i'm kind of iffy on the Exeggutor because Skunktank can easily counter it but it does gain a great water resistant

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm still sick, so I'll be brief with my rate. FLCL already gave you some nice changes, so I'll give you a single suggestion.

Solrock is a suicide Trick Room setter first and foremost, so Explosion is far superior to Earthquake. Solrock isn't exactly an offensive monster regardless, but your opponent can easily stall out Trick Room turns by hitting Solrock with ineffective moves. You can switch out, but you lose Trick Room turns AND force another one of your Pokes to take unecessary damage. Explosion lets Solrock take itself out and gets in one of your sweepers scot-free. You may also consider Focus Sash for the same reason, though that is more for Water attacking anti-leads like Samurott and Ludicolo.

Exeggutor DOES have Sleep Powder for Skuntank switch-ins, so it isn't helpless against it. Arguably Skuntank fears that more than HP Ground, especially the ones that invest in bulk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)