(Not Stall) That "Other" Play Style.

Is Not Stall truly a style?

• Total voters
A week ago, I was told something that literally changed my life: Stall isn't the only play style in pokemon. So naturally, I was going "What the fuck? Styles besides stall exist in pokemon?" all over the OU chat and mass confusion ensued. Apparently, there's this play style called "Not Stall". Like, what is it? Well... I don't really know either but this guy named Max, who apparently does drugs (specifically Krack) started explaining the concept to me. Well, to be more well rounded, I decided to master "Not Stall".

Well, team building project... This one was a bit different.
Code:
for (int x = 0; x <= 6; x++)
{
double DexNumber = Math.random() * 63;
//63 is amount of OU mons + BL
System.out.println("Pokenumber is " + DexNumber);
}
Just enter that in a java class, go to showdown and count down the alphabetical OU List until you get to the right number. Add mega as needed. For all you non-coders, I'm generating random numbers. Now you get the joke, plebs. Learn to code. Fuck, I'm not even sure it runs correctly so someone tell Zarel to give me private lessons.

Because people run baton pass on their Not Stall team and have some success apparently, I had to add a baton pass pokemon. Enter this thing

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Baton Pass

It's apparently really good, but this thing just makes me shiver. For real, the macho Conkeldurr can't even swat this thing away and then it just starts dancing all over that ugly fucker. Gets faster as it goes so the guy can't do anything. Has some decent defense, but all he's doing is dancing until they bring in a counter.
SmogonBird, Muh Gen1 fire Starter, Flyswatters ($1 at Wal-Mart, doesn't cost a pokemon slot)... anything that can hit him SE, basically. Heatran dies to EQ, though... poor Sunuvabitch.

Is actually a counter.

Once the opponent brings out a counter, you're either screwed because 90% of the time it's smogbird (which you really should've sub'd or predicted) or you can baton pass out. Passing out is the other option, as fainting is basically all scolilpede does if he doesn't share them boosts.

That feeling when your rabbit could literally eat you and still have room in its stomach. It's beacuse you're a ginger, IAmGingy, that's why that monster is going to eat you.

Azumarill is overweight and slow. But it does pack a punch, and the bug makes this fatass rabbit able to out speed Usain Bolt. With this speed boost, and possibly even MORE attack, this monster goes Bunnicula on OU.

Killer Rabbit (Azumarill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet

(Ev spread actually outspeeds Jolly Talonflame when you're +2 because Lolnewbs still run Jolly Talonflame. Pass synergy, it resists fire so that's a thing). Azumarill is rather fat though, and the life span is short... it's slowly dying because of lack of exercise in earlier life. At least hawks can't lift it up... but heaven has a weight limit. Set is standard besides super power breaks Ferrothorn like a kid in an antique store breaks the bank. Other than that, this fatass rabbit doesn't need calcs, it sits, shits and rolls over all of OU at +2/+2.

But pokemon lets you have six pokemon, and surprisingly enough that core isn't enough to win every game. So I decided to add a lead to stop sash users from hurting muh Azumarill.

Megalodon: It is literally just a great white shark that's bigger than a freaking greyhound bus. That monster ate WHALES. Like BLUE WHALES. Great White Sharks are just shit in comparison... I wouldn't live within 100 miles of the ocean if that monster existed. There's humans in that picture? See them? Yeah, they're ants. And dead as soon as this 60 ton beast Body Slams the water, KO'ing the whole earth.

Yet it still doesn't jump as high as Nog. We have reason to suspect Nog is also an excellent dancer. When are you going to reveal you're shofu?

Megalodon (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stealth Rock

Much like its ancestor Megalodon, Garchomp is WAY cooler than Sharpedo. He leads, hurts things and sets rocks. He breaths fire, shatters ground and in general is very much like the true definition of scary. But much like the Megalodon, he is extinct very early in the progression of the game. That, also like the megalodon's extinction, is by design of his god. The ice age was a tough time for both creatures. Setting rocks is crucial to break sashes and it's nice to be able to wreck 90% of the stealth rockers (Exluding lando).

Thundurus and lighting, very very frightening ME!

Galileo Figaro (Thundurus) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

So I was told that Not Stall had a very specific formula and that you had to have this guy. Why people like him so much, I can only guess it's because he's a guy... in a cloud wit the power to summon thunder. The impossibility can lead only to one conclusion and that is Thundurus is literally God. I like to taunt people trying to hazard my side of the field as well as destroying defoggers... It's nice to finally have a pokemon at good at taunting the opponent as I am. And once you're in the Thunderdome, two men enter, one man leaves. Thundurus-God can dual out Pinsir, Talonflame, water things, dragon things, birds, humans and still say "Let there be light". He forgives sins on Sundays for 5% of your weekly wage. Apparently, Freddy Mercury was on a first name basis with Thundurus-God.

But even after letting me have this unbeatable core, Megalodon and God on my pokemon team, I was allowed two more!

W00t Imagine Dragons partnering with a Chair to make something incredible. An incredible blade, with a shield. Because when this blade evolved from being usable by the Prince of Persia to only being usable by some jackass knights and leading to all kinds of lame references to Excalibur, we got a metagame defining... inanimate object.

Szczerbiec (Aegislash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 26 Spd
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak

I mean, how long does it actually take to look up other famous sword names? The damn thing is apparently Greek if it's named after the shield Aegis that Zeus and Athena carried... Not an English sword at all, especially if Perseus Jackson used it. But it does counter Gorgons like everything that switches in... and stuff like Thundurus, dents ferrothorn badly, kills alakazam and basically ends deoxys-s... all stuff that can give that fat rabbit some issues. Occasionally can kill stuff it shouldn't (aka meta knight and the Japanese Nightmare from 1954). Other things like the JetTwins (so many dark references I will resist making) and Skarmory can all be killed, though at the expense of the hazards being removed.

Well sometimes that fatass rabbit just isn't going to end the game or isn't the best option to pass boosts to. So, I wanted to find something that I could reliably finish a game with, something that was almost like an instant win card it was that cheap, something like kicking a guy in the nuts...

Let's face it, mega medicham (and belly dancers in general) would make Ghandi proud of his home country. That, and of course the freedom he so successfully secured. Also striking similarities confirms Ghandi was resurrected as mega medicham with just as much sting.

Jeffery Dahmer (Medicham) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Psycho Cut

Not sure Ghandi likes that name but we carry on. Basically, coverage trumps all and we're just maximizing it. Talonflame bait so don't pass to it when TF still is around. But who can resist that awesome power? 100 bst Huge power with usable speed? Yes please. It's like a better Mega Mawile! Basically, if there's no priority, go here to sweep and clean with the fat rabbit. If there is priority, sweep with the fat rabbit, clean with Jeff.

I have lots of replays.

Thanks to that guy I talked about earlier, Max, the guy who does drugs. He was basically the only person who told me how to do this. Everyone else was unhelpful...

Also Jelincomi for a reference (Nog's dancing)

Conclusion: I'm gonna stick with stall... Not Stall games are too fast... You can't savor all the little emotions. It's not easy to pull a GitMo on someone and interrogate them about stealing cookies from a metaphorical jar.

I feel like you should all be bored by now. Here's the fucking importable. Give me a rate or something to tell me what you think about this play style called Not Stall. If this new style people are using doesn't blow your mind like John Wilkes Booth, I have no idea what will.

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Baton Pass

Killer Rabbit (Azumarill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet

Megalodon (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stealth Rock

Galileo Figaro (Thundurus) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

Szczerbiec (Aegislash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 26 Spd
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak

Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Psycho Cut

rdjacobian Fuck Michigan. No one even LIKES the Wolverines.

Edit: Peaked number 1 not hacked source code over Denisse's number one spot or anything wtf is this amazing style

Last edited:
Jeffrey was a martial artist? I just had psycho cut to represent his serial killer habits and drain punch to represent his cannibalistic tendency.

Then again, when you get dicked by the RNG every time you use a 95% accurate move, things change.

Good to see you getting out of your shell of stall and gimmicks.

Nice RMT Max Aj. I don't see too many threats other than what has been mentioned.

Looks powerful.

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
NP Thundurus and Char Y both nuke your team, hard. Additonally, you're using 2 mons weak to Rocks with no Defogger/Spinner. This is what I see right now, I'll come back and give suggestions in a bit

Gen1 Starter Mega Fanboy is destroyed by garchomp, and can't survive if I get a boosted BP off (against scol it has to go fire and against azum it needs grass). Nasty Thundurus-God is a bit more difficult, but infinity blade can take him for a bit.

The cool thing about this team is I can blindly pretend that I'm +6/+6 Atomic Bombing with IAmGingy's Fatass rabbit. But meh, I don't think a zard has gotten me yet when I've played them, and I haven't seen an NP God recently.

You are a genius in a sea of morons.
Oh hey tfl, how's that timer stall team going for you? I heard dig piloswine is changing the metagayme.

Drain Punch?

I recommend you stop having a vagina and use HJK.
He's a bfuckeye, so I don't think he has control over his being a bitch. It comes in the fat letter, kinda like anthrax.

Just wanted to say that i'm disappointed you didn't use something from sharknado over megalodon. That is all.

O and almost forgot to mention, this is "alright" for a redneck going to that One Scrubish University.

Last edited:
First, replace Gandhi's pic with a Dalai Lama's pic (more hipster)

Second:

Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Substitute
- Fire Punch
- Psycho Cut

Because Is easy for him set a sub, fuck wow, fuck t-wave.

Why EQ over rock slide? With rock slide u can hit all scolipede's counters, and make ragequit a lot of charifag.

BTW this team has my bless.

Last edited:
Im new to java so this may not be the most efficient way to do it. Since you want integers, you should set them as ints instead of doubles. Also, you did not make sure that none of the numbers are the same so yea. Im sure this was a joke but I take every chance I get to practice java.

Code:
        int team[]=new int[6];
        int num;
        for(int x=0; x<6; x++)
        {
            do
            {
                num=(int)(Math.random()*63)+1;
            }while(num==team[0]||num==team[1]||num==team[2]||num==team[3]||num==team[4]||num==team[5]);
            team[x]=num;
        }
        System.out.println("The Indexes Of Your Team Are As Follows:");
        for(int x=0; x<6; x++)
            System.out.println((x+1)+". "+team[x]);
Well onto the team I guess. I actually prefer Drain Punch as well cause hax and the RNG hates me so it usually ends up with my Pokemon killing themselves. Also, why Fire Punch? Do you not take care of everything that Fire Punch cover with Drain and Ice Punch(Not counting Aegslash of course but you would switch out anyway). Possibly replace that with Bullet Punch because Medichams Speed is usable but still not great.

Ice punch is good for Garchomp/Landorus and flying types in general for sweeping (when I pass to Medicham over Azumarill). Generally I only do that when I have a sub up. For Aegislash, obviously I need fire punch. Generally I hope to solve it with Garchomp early on or my own Aegi spread (with minus IVs to underspeed and let them come out of shield form first).

rdjacobian Prepared for another year of Brady Choke dropping the ball? Luke was a one year thing, and the other OSU coaches have long made UM's football team their warm up for an actual opponent. Your worst nightmare always had a different dress sense from the boogeyman. That fatass rabbit of gingy's plays better football than UM.

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
- Why do you have Earthquake over Rock Slide or Megahorn on Scolipede? Megahorn hurts greninja, rock slide hurts Talonflame.

- For Azumarill, I would recommend using the Belly Drum set with a sitrus berry over LO. LO drains away your health and longetivity, while Belly Drum takes 25% of health away with Sitrus Berry. Replace Waterfall for Belly Drum and Life orb for Sitrus Berry.

- Garchomp looks cool. Fire Blast could be replace with stone edge to counter a little more, but Fire Blast can cover Ferrothorn and Forretress.

- Thundurus should have Nasty Plot instead of T-Wave. You want that extra power.

- There is absolutely no reason to invest in SpA on Aegislash if you're running more physical moves. Switch 252 SpA with 16 SpA, and give 252 to Atk.

- Why in the hell would you not use HJK on Medicham?

Meh, you gave a little bit of a shit. 6/10.

- Why do you have Earthquake over Rock Slide or Megahorn on Scolipede? Megahorn hurts greninja, rock slide hurts Talonflame.

- For Azumarill, I would recommend using the Belly Drum set with a sitrus berry over LO. LO drains away your health and longetivity, while Belly Drum takes 25% of health away with Sitrus Berry. Replace Waterfall for Belly Drum and Life orb for Sitrus Berry.

- Garchomp looks cool. Fire Blast could be replace with stone edge to counter a little more, but Fire Blast can cover Ferrothorn and Forretress.

- Thundurus should have Nasty Plot instead of T-Wave. You want that extra power.

- There is absolutely no reason to invest in SpA on Aegislash if you're running more physical moves. Switch 252 SpA with 16 SpA, and give 252 to Atk.

- Why in the hell would you not use HJK on Medicham?

Meh, you gave a little bit of a shit. 6/10.
-EQ kills the ass that is Roar Heatran. Rock slide hitting Talon is largely irrelevant because he kills you first. Not having Megahorn hurts sometimes as can be seen in replays, but Scoli simply has a severe case of 4mss.

-He runs LO azumarill w/o belly drum because often his main game plan is to pass speed and attack boosts to Azu. Belly drum would completely take the idea behind the team away.

-Twave has more utility than nasty plot. Also, thundurus isn't his win cond, so he has no need for nasty plot.

-SpA is fully invested because this Aegi set is meant to spam Shadow Ball. Sacred sword is meant to hit only a few dedicated targets, and Shadow Sneak is only for picking off low health mons. It's the same as Tornadus-T for example, which invests only in SpA as well even though it usually runs one special attack and three physical ones.

-Drain Punch often hits hard enough, especially with a boost. HJK would indeed be better to break walls, but he doesn't really use it as a wallbreaker, seeing the replays.

Not answering for Aj, I just think this is why he runs the sets he does.

I don't deny HJK is a lot more powerful. However, HJK is easy to abuse by switching in ghosts/using protect, is not 100% reliable, and the extra power is often unnecessary. Drain Punch will suffice then.

Basically, if there's no priority, go here to sweep and clean with the fat rabbit. If there is priority, sweep with the fat rabbit, clean with Jeff.
Basically he usually only cleans up teams with Mega Medicham. Reliable moves are more useful for cleaning up than moves like HJK, however close to 100% accurate they may be.

Love this team and the RMT btw, Aj.

Why is this the first time I've seen this? This is friggen hilarious. Out of curiosity, have you considered running iron defense on scoli as opposed to SD scoli? Virtually everyone on your team hits pretty friggen hard even without the boost and the defense and speed can make them stupid hard to revenge due to most priority being physical.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)