Not the same!

Not the same!

Building Phase

Getting bored, of the tons of classic teams, like rains, sands and why not suns. I started thinking about a weatherless team in bw2.
Viewing the usages of august, I thinked that latias can be a pain for the new standard teams.
To make it work I needed a good way to kill tyranitar and the fat sisters (blissey,chansey) that are his main problem.
So I went for the baitkilling way, I used Xatu as a bait and Dugtrio as the killer.
Now I was extremely weak to ice and Genesect, so I decided to put Heatran in the team.
Seeing the team, I was really DDnite weak after a dance, so I decided to put a revenge killer, for it and other setuppers.
The best option seemed Latios because has a nice sinergy with the team, with Latias baiting Scizor and having a solid way to baitkill Tyranitar.
The last pokemon was to choose carefully, I had good ways to break stall, I opted for something that make offensive teams scream.
My option was Jirachi, for two reasons: he's the only one who can counter Tornadus T(Heatran can't take a superpower), and with his paraflinch ability helps against offensive teams.

At A Glance:

In Depth:

@ Life Orb

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Recover

Why This Set?

The life orb is to have more offensive power, I choose Hp [Fire] over the classic psyshock, because I need a bait for Ferrothorn and Scizor, to make the work of latios easier.

@ Focus Sash

Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
IVs: 21 HP
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Reversal
- Stone Edge

Why This Set?

Focus Sash is for taking any attack and hit, and mainly for Volcarona with hp ground that after a dance destroys my team.

@ Rocky Helmet

Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Roost
- Psychic

Why This Set?

Rocky Helmet is for weaken TTar, so he can't put the SR, Toxic is for stall teams and psychic preferred over Heat wave because I don't need to be afraid of Scizor since I can simply use roost and see his move, and go into Heatran if isn't a superpower.

@ Leftovers

Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 248 HP / 8 Spd
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Lava Plume
- Substitute
- Toxic

Why This Set?

Spdef because I need to take hits from most special hitters of sun teams and special dragons, subtoxic is a set that I viewed some time ago, and I like to defeat the tom-w Genesect volt turn core with it.

@ Choice Scarf

EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Surf
- Trick

Why This Set?

Psychic over psyshock since I have Dugtrio for Blissey and Chansey, using a Timid nature to outspeed other revengekillers, trick for extreme situation were I haven't dugtrio and I need a way to stem Blissa.

@ Leftovers

Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 SDef / 252 HP / 32 Spd
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- U-turn

Why This Set?

Wish is to give health to Latios and Heatran, U-turn mainly because I don't want to lose it against magnezone.

Importable:

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Recover

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
IVs: 21 HP
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Reversal
- Stone Edge

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Roost
- Psychic

Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 248 HP / 8 Spd
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Lava Plume
- Substitute
- Toxic

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Surf
- Trick

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 SDef / 252 HP / 32 Spd
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- U-turn

Hello,

I think this is a nice team! Imo, you are really weak to sun team. Genesect + dugtrio is terrible to keep for you for example. Shed shell heatran is a good idea as always, also calm mind latias with a bulky spread helps against sun team but it can't nothing vs genesect.

Good luck with your team.

Havin both the latis on one team seems a bit redundant, especially as they are both offensive, I see you are weak to ice users, which pretty much constitutes of mamoswine, a good pokemon to use would be choice scarf keldeo > Latios
Keldeo@ choice scarf
252 Spa/ 252 Spe/ 4HP
-hydro pump/ surf
- sacred sword
- Hp ghost
- icy wind

The benifit of this set is that it can easily switch into ice moves with impunity, mamo is nearly always beaten one-on-one by this set. Keldeo also has the advantage of becoming a nuke agaisnt a rain team.

Good luck, hope I helped!

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I think you really need heatwave on Xatu. SD LO Scizor really hurts your team. It outspeeds Heatran and a + 2 Bug Bite/Bullet Punch will easily 6-0 your team with SR support. It can set up on your Latios locked into Draco Meteor/Psychic or on Xatu itself.

Additionally you can give heatran 156 speed EVs to outspeed Max speed scizor. you lose out on a lot of bulk, but you are able to have a somewhat reliable answer to one of the biggest threats to your team. And you can see how much speed investment opposing Leftovers Rotom-W have if you heal leftovers first with Heatran.

With Jirachi and Heatran on the same team you become very vulnerable to dugtrio. I would definitely suggest replacing Jirachi with a Rotom-W. Rotom-W may not play that big of a role against offensive teams, but it handle rain teams much better than jirachi and can definitely hold its own vs Tornadus-T. With Xatu walling ferrothorn, theres not much else on a rain team that really handles Rotom-W other than Gastrodon. Additionally Rotom-W can be a direct switch-in for Genesect if they have dugtrio so you don't have your heatran trapped.

Rotom-W @
(Leftovers)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Grass] Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

T-wave can be used if you're not worried about Gastrodon

I'm not too convinced on your scarf Latios set. I would definitely give it dragon pulse and psyshock over Trick and Psychic. If you're using the scarf set you're using it to outspeed pokemon. You rarely want to give it away, and be outsped by something like a scarf genesect or terrakion. Dragon Pulse allows you to retain your momentum and not have opposing pokemon set up on you easily.

Specially defensive Rotom-W > Jirachi
156 Speed EVs on heatran
Psyshock > Psychic, Dragon Pulse > Trick on Latios
Keep Heat Wave on Xatu

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Heya. Received your request. So, from a quick analysis of the team, HP Ground Volcarona and Tyranitar appear to be this team's biggest threats. Your only way to deal with the former is to trap and kill it with Dugtrio, and even that can fail since your only way of preventing the setting of Stealth Rock is through Xatu, who we know is weak. Your most redundant team member appears to be Heatran, whose job of blocking sun teams and special sweepers is done rather effectively by Latias, Latios, and Jirachi. To fix up the weakness to Volcarona and Tyranitar, I'd recommend the use of Scarf Terrakion over Heatran. Terrakion is faster than a Timid +1 Volcarona, which is promptly OHKOed by a Stone Edge, and benefits from a Crunch or Pursuit from Tyranitar directed at Xatu, Latias, or Latios thanks to Justified. It 2HKOs Genesect with Close Combat, and Genesect can only 2HKO with its coverage if it gets a Special Attack boost from Download (which it won't get). Terrakion also helps when facing a Blissey or Tornadus-T, due to its high speed and powerful STAB.

Set:

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf | Justified
Jolly | 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Close Combat | Stone Edge | X-Scissor | Earthquake

Nitpick:
---->

As Harsha mentioned, you really should expand your descriptions. Hopefully this helped. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)