"Nothing Special" My OU RMT.

Overview:

Team Building:

Vaporeon is one of my favorite pokemon. So what do I do? Decide to make a team with it included!

I'm still just going by favorites at this point. but Hey, If I go long enough, the team won't suck, right?

So, still like all of these pokemon, even before I played Competitive... They just all happen to be OU, and really good at it...

At this point, I was doing research, and decided that a Lead would be necessary on this team. I found the most used one, and went with a twist on it. Turned out fairly well...

Gliscor was suggested to me in my first (and also most previous RMT) as something that works well with Vaporeon, and checks threats. I tried it. and it worked.

Jirachi is my replacement for Latias, the next pokemon that will be doomed to Ubers by Suspect testing. I figured I'd get used to life without it sooner than later, and be ready for the ban if it happens. Jirachi seemed like something I could use to piss people off, as it pisses me off.

What you came for, The In-Depth Look.

Lead:

Azelf @ Choice Scarf
252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 HP
Timid/Levitate
Stealth Rock
Trick
Grass Knot
Flamethrower

This Lead azelf has helped me out of binds more often than not, being the most common lead, people expect it to have the more standard set, what they don't expect, is when they're pokemon is tricked into using Taunt or rocks over and over until it's switched out. this allows me an easy rocks setup 100 percent of the time, since almost no lead can outspeed for the taunt. Since this lead usually survives until later game, I chose Grass knot over explosion to have something that can Check Swampert.

Sweepers:

Set Suggested by Untouchable5 of the Shoddy IRC Chat.
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Trick
T-wave
Iron Head
U-Turn

Here's the gist of this set, pass scarf, Paralyze, Flinchax to death. There isn't really much more to say here until I get more testing in on this set. U-Turn is so that I can escape if a Magnazone hits the field.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Naive/Intimidate
232 Atk, 26 SpA, 252 Spe
DDance
Earthquake
Fire Blast
Outrage

This beast is the most powerful Physical sweeper that I have ever used, and when it hits the field, it almost always gets a kill, or at least a HUGE hit. I have not found any Sweepers that are more effective than this pokemon. It's a basic Mixmence set that was suggested to me in my last RMT.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant/Technician
248 HP, 252 Atk, 8 Spe
Bullet Punch
Superpower
U-turn
Pursuit

This Scizor set is amazing. It's no wonder that it has sat at the top of the "Most Used" list for so long, It's just something that can come in on a lot of threats, and just eliminate them with it's excellent power and decent Coverage. Psychic types fear this set with Pursuit and U-Turn. Everything else takes a hard hit from Either Bullet Punch or Superpower.

The Support Squad:

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold/ Water Absorb
190 HP, 252 Def, 70 Spe
Wish
Protect
HP Electric
Surf

This pokemon is the most used on my team, besides my lead. It is extremely versatile with it's limited coverage, and it hits suprisingly hard with it's 255 SpA. It probably has a comparable Kill count to the Salamence, which means that it is just as helpful to my team as my main sweepers. It's excellent at absorbing attacks and then Wish-tecting them off, as well as wish-passing. and even taking out pokemon that are a threat to others on the team, such as Gyarados. Case and point: Vaporeon is a staple on this team.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Impish/Hyper Cutter
162 HP, 180 Attack, 168 SpD
Roost
Earthquake
Toxic
Taunt

What's more annoying than a Vaporeon that heals other pokemon? A Gliscor that taunts you, Poisons you, roosts the damage, and then switches to something actually threatening. This Gliscor has helped me out of a few binds in the past few battles. Especially my most recent one, where a Jirachi caught me off guard and took out three of my pokemon and Paralyzed another. it wasn't my most graceful battle, but I won, and this is what helped me win the battle. Another pokemon that is extremely helpful toward my team.

well this is it. Keep in mind when rating, that this is also my cartridge team, that I use when I battle other people outside of shoddy. so Changing EV's isn't something that is really easy, but it will get done. I will edit changes into the team as I make them. Please Explain your suggestions if you don't want stupid questions asked by me ("Well, what if..." "Why can't my... do that just as well?")

Jirachi doesn't seem necessary on this team. Between Scizor, Vaporeon, and Gliscor, you can already counter almost all common OU sweepers. Having two Pokemon on your team that revenge-kill using Steel moves, and two Pokemon that can Trick Choice Scarves, is redundant. Your team also does not benefit greatly from Jirachi's Thunder Wave, since it does not have any slow sweepers. Instead of Jirachi, I recommend an SD Lucario:

Lucario@Life Orb
Inner Focus
Adamant 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Extremespeed
-Bullet Punch

This Lucario would give you another sweeper, and your team already has the team support necessary to sweep with it. Azelf often draws Choiced Dark moves that Lucario can set up on. Also, by using Gliscor, Vaporeon, and Scizor, your team already puts pressure on Rotom-A. This will often let you take out Rotom-A before it can threaten your Lucario. This Lucario should use Bullet Punch instead of Crunch because while you can handle Rotom-A with the rest of your team, your Lucario sweep could still be stopped by a Gengar or Scarftar. Bullet Punch and Adamant let you OHKO both of those. An extra sweeper in Lucario would help your team by giving it a late-game sweeper. Salamence, because it is more easily revenged than Lucario, is more of a midgame sweeper that dents the opposing team. Lucario would let you finish the job.

Hey there Zero,

Nice team you have here it could improve, Jirachi isn't necessary as said above it isn't one of the best Jirachi sets you can be using all it provides is Paraflinch added with a Trick which isn't always recommended to work about what other item you'll get next, Also you don't need Thunder wave since already the Jirachi reaches 328 speed. In replace of that Jirachi I recommend you Try Expert belt Jirachi reason being It could catch people off guard thinking it's on a choice item and it could help out your team tremendously, It does a clean sweep of things pretty much. The other thing that's pretty important is that you already have 3 users that are choiced meaning if you mess up once or don't accomplish what you're suppose to do with that Choice user, it could fail and cost you the game. So here's the Jirachi set I recommended:

Jirachi
@ Expert Belt
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Moveset: Iron head, Fire punch, Ice punch, Thunderbolt

Little explanation of the set, Iron Head is currently the strongest moves and it helps with flinching and usually deals with Tyranitar easily. Fire punch are for all those steel types that usually come in to try to take the Iron head, so when they're thinking you're on a choiced item you can just bluff and use Fire punch for quite a lot damage, works perfectly for Scizor or Forretress. Ice punch is for the dragon types coming in to try to setup one Dragon dance namely Salamence. Thunderbolt was chosen over Grass knot since you already have the Azelf to deal with the Leadpert, Thunderbolt is for those Bulky waters that come in or sometimes Gyarados.

On Gliscor I recommend you to change the EV spread to 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe taunt things that are slower then 308 speed, plus you don't really explain your EV spread on Gliscor. What the 308 speed provide is you to outspeed things namely Jolly SD Lucario or Sub Calm Mind Jirachi. The other thing you don't really need SpD EVs since if you got a problem you can just go right to your Special wall which is Vaporeon.

Lastly something that's not big at all but you might want to correct yourself and put HP Electric rather then HP Thunder.

Other then that good luck with your team in the future and hoped my analysis helped.

Hey there Zero,

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Moveset: Iron head, Fire punch, Ice punch, Thunderbolt
Is the Naive Nature necessary? I ask this because of the difficulty of obtaining a Nice Naive Jirachi without hacking it, or a trade thread.

Well, I'm not good at rating teams but... Gyarados seems like a big threat to me. If it has a boost and vaporeon is down, it looks like it could sweep your team. Your only hope is for Azelf to Grass Knot but it only does: 38.7% - 45.6% to offensive Gyarados. And you can't count on Azelf staying alive or not tricking it scarf. Granted, it can only set up on Scizor and Azelf but it looks like something to watch out for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)