1. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Notification when a Post of yours gets quoted.

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Joeyboy, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joeyboy

Joeyboy Check out my Youtube channel! JoeyboyGames!
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus

My idea would be to add another thing to the pop down list that tells you if you have new VMs/PMs, that sort of thing. When someone quotes your post, it usually means that they are responding directly to you, often hoping for another response.

As an avid team rater, when a Team poster quotes my rate and adds comments I love to read them. Though it can often be a hassle to keep up with a thread as numerous others pile up on top of it. Sometimes I'll check a thread very often to never see a response. Or sometimes I won't check back, and there will be a response waiting.

I believe this would further help connect our community.
  2. Bartman101

Bartman101 Banned deucer.

I believe this would overcrowd and overcomplicate things too much, especially for users like me.

I find it easy enough to remember what I have posted in what threads, enabling me to easily check back to see what other people have posted. Therefore I do not believe this is really necessary.
  3. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Although not exactly this, remember that you can set it so that you're automatically subscribed to threads you post in. That way you can just check your subscription list and see which topics you've posted in have had someone else post since you were last in it.
  4. Aerodactyl Legend

Aerodactyl Legend

Since most RMT threads never go past a single page, it's mostly about making sure you keep up with the threads you've posted in. For active threads, the view your own posts feature is sufficient.

For threads with more pages, this pretty much solves the problem.
  5. SJCrew

SJCrew Believer, going on a journey...
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

You can also try Ctrl+F then putting your name in to see if you were quoted in subsequent pages for the more active threads.
  6. VKCA

VKCA (Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)

...?
    care to elaborate?
  7. Joeyboy

Joeyboy Check out my Youtube channel! JoeyboyGames!
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus

Yeah, you guys all bring up good points. Just thought about it, and decided I might bring it up :)
  8. Mikeone

Mikeone

yes. This is a problem i see in many forums. This will help discussions very much I think. In some forums I cant even find my own posts because there is no list of my posts link there.
  9. v

v the last abortionbender
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    ULTRA Moderator

Just check threads you're interested in if you wanna keep up with them.
  10. kd24

kd24 yo daddy musta been a drug dealer? why, cuz you're dope
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

you can use the forum search features, advanced search, look for your username in the forum you posted in and it will show you all your posts in that forum

you can also find all of your posts on your user profile (it should be in statistics) which allows you to browse through your latest posts (with direct links to the post and thread).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)