Now is your Chanse(y)! WiFI Tournament Series 2 ROUND 1!

A couple questions, maybe they have been answered already, but I couldn't figure these questions out after reading the first or second page.

In the final 16, how is it decided who plays who? Is it like in sports where best record plays worst record? Just totally random? Or best of the best go head to head first.

Also, how is it decided who plays who in the next couple of battles? I saw the quote below, but I want to know more!

Pablo said:
Table numbers do not matter at all, and they only MEAN something until in the later Rounds. Right now everyone is on the same ground, as each round progresses, who you played against in previous Rounds and how THEY are doing comes into play as well.

If your opponent is as smart as you are, they'd probabally expect the same thing it they were aware of it, if you're thinking about outpredicting your opponent, go ahead, your opponent might pull the same thing again- costing you the game. Something like:

Opponent sent out Heatran
You send out Gallade
Heatran used Flamethrower
Gallade used Close Combat
Heatran fainted
Your opponent switches to Gyarados
You switch to
Gyarados uses Taunt
Starmie used Thunder...'disconnection'
You both reconnect
You get smart and think your opponent will switch to Gyarados now that he/she has seen your team...

Gallade used Will-o-Wisp
Flash Fire activated
Heatran rapes your team

Try to outpredict your opponent and it may prove to be fatal. So, smarter, more careful players will try to stay on track and hope for the best.

However, if it came down to something like "OMG! Stone Edge missed and I got a free DD!", how exactly would you work that out? Hax is also a factor in this.

EDIT: PokeMONstar, that wasn't a rule at Wifileague. If there was a d/c, someone would either report it or, restart the battle from scratch. If the battle went on for a while, the 2 players would just argue about who would've won, resulting in a short fight in a battle thread and a mod would just break it up after a page of bullshit.

EDIT 2: In our battle, I risked the whole game by Wisping on the third try. Don't say I didn't because, it came in handy,
I dont think you risked the game by wisping, i think it was the smartest thing to do after continuing seeing what i switched to. But thats not the point, i dont want to argue your victory, plus i enjoyed that match reguardless of what happened before that.

I just want to know if they is or can be a clear rule/norm to follow in case of DC's. Like should players try to relive the battle before the DC (or at least for a few turns), or should they just battle like nothing happened and just battle freely.

Edit: hax is also a factor indeed, but it is a factor that one can never truly overcome.

DawnBringer

The thrill of attempting to get what you will neve
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Kay, I beat Bob 2-0, would have been 3-0, but I got a crit and put me into Life Orb death range. GG nevertheless.

And before anyone asks, I switched opponents with John because PoP and my connection don't click. Tried like 11111 times :/

so after john, me, Dawnbringer, and prince of panic switched dawnbring wooped me 2-0 which is better than i though i would do...so yeah my first loss and hopefullly the only one

Posting to say that i lost. It came down to the final two pokemon and his was in red, but it OHKO'd me. Yes, an awesome game. I guess that his final pokemon had 16 Hp.

Dropping by to report on my battle with TheForgottenSoul. I won 1-0. GG! After the damage I took from my attacks, I did have 16 left.

If your opponent is as smart as you are, they'd probabally expect the same thing it they were aware of it, if you're thinking about outpredicting your opponent, go ahead, your opponent might pull the same thing again- costing you the game. Something like:

Opponent sent out Heatran
You send out Gallade
Gallade used Close Combat
Heatran fainted
Your opponent switches to Gyarados
You switch to
Gyarados uses Taunt
Starmie used Thunder...'disconnection'
You both reconnect
You get smart and think your opponent will switch to Gyarados now that he/she has seen your team...

Gallade used Will-o-Wisp
Flash Fire activated
Heatran rapes your team

Try to outpredict your opponent and it may prove to be fatal. So, smarter, more careful players will try to stay on track and hope for the best.

However, if it came down to something like "OMG! Stone Edge missed and I got a free DD!", how exactly would you work that out? Hax is also a factor in this.

EDIT: PokeMONstar, that wasn't a rule at Wifileague. If there was a d/c, someone would either report it or, restart the battle from scratch. If the battle went on for a while, the 2 players would just argue about who would've won, resulting in a short fight in a battle thread and a mod would just break it up after a page of bullshit.

EDIT 2: In our battle, I risked the whole game by Wisping on the third try. Don't say I didn't because, it came in handy,
I remember those days.. Well, it may have not been permanent, but I know in some of the tournaments, and battles I was in, we used that rule.

I still have not heard from persian and I am sure that i wont have much time to battle durring the weekend. His Last Activity: July 18th, 2008 10:18 PM

Miltonic beat me.

It was pretty close, but I think my Charge Beam missing screwed me over. He also ran more speed on a certain Poke than I expected, meaning I was outsped while trying to revenge kill. What's funny is that I was going to change Charge Beam to Discharge right before the match but decided against it because it would take too much time, and I was going to max out the speed on my revenge killer but dismissed that thought for the same reason.

GG Miltonic ;).

Don't worry Blak, it's clear you're here and he's the one not upholding what he said so in the PM, even after being a bitch about it. Don't worry about it.

24 ilikerice01 Smogon (0/0) vs. guraboy Tommy Smogon (0/0)

30 JerryBeans Smogon (0/0) vs. Sikh Assasin Smogon (0/0)

16 jimbo422 Smogon (0/0) vs. Sixonesix Smogon (0/0)

15 BlakBlastoise Smogon (0/0) vs. Persian Smogon (0/0)

22 bobdigsea Smogon (0/0) vs. august Smogon (0/0)

20 Chaos Emperor Smogon (0/0) vs. 0mastar Smogon (0/0)

7 da big blast Smogon (0/0) vs. Little Green Yoda Smogon (0/0)

2 DawnBringer Smogon (0/0) vs. Prince of Panic Smogon (0/0)

6 Ghandi1988 Smogon (0/0) vs. devoninja Smogon (0/0)

23 Phizzlax Smogon (0/0) vs. Mr Goodbar Smogon (0/0)

27 kamikaen Smogon (0/0) vs. NC Smogon (0/0)

26 Tri-DarkSouls Smogon (0/0) vs. Syberia Smogon (0/0)

Matches left to complete...........

Kara - There is a special situation between august, bobdigsea, prince of panic and dawn bringer. I'll PM you the details about it tomorrow.

Uh Pablo, kami just told me he's leaving the internet for personal reasons (not that whole AR thing), I guess I'll break you the news...

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been available every day pretty much :l I won't be able to battle tomorrow though at all... Only today (all day).

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
i can battle after i complete 2 pending trades i have. I will be availible today from now to 2, tommorrow most of the day, and Sunday most of the day. I will PM Prince Of Panic right now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)