np: BW OU Suspect Testing Round 11 - Genie in a Bottle [Landorus is now Uber]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi friends! Our next suspect is Landorus-I. In order to vote, you must obtain a Glicko2 rating of 2000 or higher and a Glicko2 deviation of 65 or lower on the "OU (suspect test)" ladder AND the normal OU ladder. Like our Genesect test, there will be two ladders: one with Landorus-I banned (OU (suspect test)), and one with the current tiering (regular OU). Note that the normal OU ladder ratings will be saved and be put back upon completion of the suspect test. Here is a schedule for the round:
  • Friday, June 14th: OU (suspect test) ladder is created and OU ladder is reset
  • Sunday, June 30th: The Suspect Round ends. A screenshot of the ladder will be posted at that time in the Voter Identification thread.
  • Monday, July 1st: Special applications are due, and the voting thread will be posted. It will most likely be up for around two days.

A Voter Identification thread will be posted a few days before the end of the round to have all the qualified voters in one thread. Be sure to take a screencap of your rankings once you reach the 2000 +/- 65 threshold. Have fun friends!

aldaron said:
There is a very important point I want all of you to focus on: do not vote / post about "liking x metagame better." That isn't the purpose of our tests...the purpose is finding out whether or not Genesect Landorus is broken, which is why, in special applications, we'll probably emphasize the ladder that has it included. The ladder without it is for you to better grasp the context of the metagame and see firsthand what happens when it is gone and from this, more completely understand what about its overall presence broke the metagame...not to use as evidence of a subjectively preferable metagame.
[youtube]kIDWgqDBNXA[/youtube]

Blacklisted users:
-Curtains

PS: Keldeo is being tested after this round!

fuk iconic

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
When is it expected that the ladder will be up? :) I'm excited. This is the first suspect test I've been here for :P

In any case, if I make requirements I will be voting to ban.

While individually I don't think it's too big of a deal, with all of the very common and available support it both gives and receives, it certainly isn't healthy for the metagame and should not be a part of it.

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Is the current ladder gonna be reset? I feel like I'd wanna do the current ladder where people are actually fighting to prove Landorus is broken through actually using him and showing me his broken teams. If it's the current ladder, I'll feel like nobody did that and that the suspect ladder will just be the same thing...

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
God damn, I hate laddering...but playing in a meta without Landorus will be interesting to say the least.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is the current ladder gonna be reset? I feel like I'd wanna do the current ladder where people are actually fighting to prove Landorus is broken through actually using him and showing me his broken teams. If it's the current ladder, I'll feel like nobody did that and that the suspect ladder will just be the same thing...
Your ladder rankings will be saved and a current OU ladder set up. This effectively means you keep your rankings but are able to play on Landorus and Landorus free ladders with clean rankings. You are able to play on the proper OU ladder when the suspect test finishes (hopefully that's clear or something)

This will be interesting a Metagame without Landorus-I seems pretty fun. If Landorus-I and Keldeo both get banned, what would be the new threat to defeat?(cough, cough, Terrakion)

How many battles should one play on the ladder before they give up and or try again on a different alt? Last time I attempted to get regs, I must have played 300+ battles over the course of 3 weeks only to cap at 1900.

Any other tips and tricks for laddering are appreciated, as whatever I have done in the past clearly hasn't been working.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I can see Thundurus-T replacing Landorus-I if it gets banned.

But I think we should move the discussion to the actual issue at hand, and not the future metagame. Personally, I've never had any real trouble beating Landorus. I think that, although it can O-2HKO most of the meta, a lot of those things are 2HKOs and not OHKOs, meaning that it is quite susceptible to revenge killing, even after it's set up. And remember, it has to take a turn to set up to +2, so if you can send in Ice beam politoed to tank a hit and KO back, it can absolutely switch out and try to sweep again. The problem with that is that even though it can switch out, it will again have to spend a turn setting up, leaving it open to being attacked itself. I find that I not only have hard counters to Landorus on most of my teams (Celebi, Latias, Rotom-W, etc.), but also a bunch of things that can tank a hit and KO back. I guess I just can't put Landorus at the same level as something like Genesect or Tornadus-T, which were definitely broken in my opinion. Can someone explain to me why they think it is as broken as people say? I feel like a lot of people think it's "broken as shit," and I just don't see it. I'd appreciate some insight.

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How many battles should one play on the ladder before they give up and or try again on a different alt? Last time I attempted to get regs, I must have played 300+ battles over the course of 3 weeks only to cap at 1900.

Any other tips and tricks for laddering are appreciated, as whatever I have done in the past clearly hasn't been working.
I recommend restarting over and over again until you have an early winning streak of at least 5 on suspect and 9 on current. And if you lose to a multiple low ranked players immediately after that streak I suggest starting over also. Overall, it makes a huge difference later on if you don't get the most out of the early points.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

If your deviation is close to the requirement (say deviation of 70), but if you're glicko2 rating is lower than 1900, you may be better off starting a new alt.

I also probably wont ladder too heavily early in the period, because then your rating would plateau before the ladder inflation starts to kick in to boost your rating. 3-5 games the first few days should keep you safe from this problem.

I'd also like a good start when I ladder for reqs. If your first 10 games were 5 wins and 5 losses or worse, I'd start over.

IDK if any of this hold water, but this is what I sorta do to acquire reqs.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm prob too lazy to do this but if you're going to take this seriously then you should really win like 80/90% of your early matches. If you're like 6-4 in your first 10 matches, while that seems like a good ratio, I would probably restart.

Also if I were you I'll probably wait until the last week to do this due to ladder inflation.

Good luck everyone and have fun. :o

Man, I like suspect testing so much I'll start playing this piece of crap called OU again. (I was almost sure you guys weren't doing any more suspect tests)

Real quick though, is there still no indication of a Sand Force Lando vs a Sheer Force one? I remember there was talk of implementing Dream Balls or something because of just how nasty a surprise responding to an assumed Sheer Force set when in reality it was a physical Sand Force variant. Is this something that will eventually be addressed or should I go ahead and factor it in to my ultimate decision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)