1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

np: BW OU Suspect Testing Round 8 - Mr. Roboto (SEE POST #240)

Discussion in 'BW OU' started by Aldaron, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. team grassfire

team grassfire

I actaully have found a very effective genesect counter to most sets that isn't trapped by dugtrio in specially defensive conkeldur. With 252 special defense and hp evs, adamant, scarf genesect can't 2 hko with any move, except for a boosted thunder, or a sun boosted boosted flamethrower, only the latter of which is a surefire 2hko. It also easily defeats the rock polish set by avoiding a 2 hko after healing with drain punch from life orb boosted special hits. Conkeldurr can also hits hard, unlike most genesect counters, even with the lack of offensive investment. The set I have been using is the standard bulk up set with modified evs. Conkeldurr is only one example among many of the many ways to handle genesect on balanced and offensive teams. Stall honestly should have no issue with genesect anyway, since chansey easily walls it as genesect is worn down by the hazards stall sets up anyway. Really, genesect IS manageable, and should not be banned, because the mecha bug does not easily defeat any playstyle, and there are numerous ways to defeat genesect, be it through hazards, hail, weakening critical attacks with weather, or just using dd salamence over dragonite to outspeed and ohko it.
  2. Jayde

Jayde ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    is a Tiering Contributoris a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

felt like this needed reiteration. with the right boosts, gene can get past pretty much every tar besides specially defensive tar with fblast, and fblast etc is honestly decreasing in usage more and more. CBTar is a clean 2HKO after rocks as are many other variants.
  3. ChrisTehAwesome

ChrisTehAwesome

Well that's that, Genesect is officially banned. Don't know if I agree with the consensus, but I guess that's my fault for not getting the requirements. Rain is next I suppose, and that will probably get banned as well. There are some stormy (sunny?) times ahead for the OU metagame. Oh well, at least I'll get to use Hydreigon again.
  4. superbadd

superbadd

Well, at least hydreigon and reuniculus can claim back their old throne. And dragonite can go back to being what it once was.
  5. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the Astronaut's pet dog >:3
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Doubles Co-Lead

Yep, Genesect is banned from OU, so closing this thread. Keep your eyes open for the next one!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)