np: ORAS UU Stage 7 - Turn It Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does that do over Mamoswine all you did was providing calcs of Ice Moves which Mamoswine does better in any situation while maintaining a better typing for offense and much more more bulk also having a better attacking stat. ?_? so what exactly does that prove
I mean, I did say it's in a good Speed tier (115 vs. 80), which makes it a worthwhile asset on some teams. Furthermore, it has a decently strong Knock Off. Most of the calcs are there to prove that it's viable as an asset in the tier. I'm not saying that Sneasel is better than Mamo or anything in the tier, I'm just saying it's viable and a set that I've been having fun with. Sorry if my previous post came off as if I was praising Sneasel as the next UU saviour or whatnot.

I'm pretty sure I can be convinced its viability just like you provided calcs which just do the same as Mamoswine and calcs that were pretty obvious like the shard vs Sceptile one. I'm more interested in seeing the Pursuit+Knock Off output :o if it actually can do any significant

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
While Celebi hurt it a bit, I've been playing a bit with Thunder Wave Reuniclus to act kind of like Clefable does in OU. While Psychic STAB is nowhere near as good as Fairy, it can still cripple almost all of its switch ins like Hydrei or Sharpedo. It's great physical bulk also makes it a decent check to stuff like DD Mence or Cobalion since you can cripple them with T-Wave while eating boosted attacks fairly easily. Unfortunately it's total Krook bait so you have to play carefully around it, but at least nobody blindly throws Krook at Reuniclus until it reveals its set.

Actually, I have.

I've been primarily playing RU because of the suspect test, but I've been trying out CB Sneasel for a bit. After hearing about the CB Weavile hype up in OU, I tried CB Sneasel in the tier, and it's actually pretty good. Other than the plethora of Water-types in the tier, CB Sneasel is a solid cleaner and wallbreaker for teams, especially with the new Celebi presence in the tier.

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick

Although it has plenty of switch-ins such as Suicune, its Speed tier and STAB Priority gives Offensive team builds a hard time. Furthermore, Ice Shard safely deals with a majority of the Pokemon that outspeed Sneasel, such as M-Bee, M-Scept, Zam, and M-Aero:

252 Atk Choice Band Sneasel Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aerodactyl: 224-266 (74.4 - 88.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sneasel Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Sceptile: 408-480 (145.1 - 170.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sneasel Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Alakazam: 147-174 (58.5 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sneasel Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Beedrill: 160-189 (59 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Against slower but still critical elements of UU Offensive builds:

-1 252 Atk Choice Band Sneasel Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gyarados: 135-160 (40.7 - 48.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sneasel Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 254-300 (78.3 - 92.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Sneasel Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Florges: 153-181 (42.5 - 50.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

And against some new flavors such as Sp.Def Empoleon and some variation of Celebi:
252 Atk Choice Band Sneasel Low Kick (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 236-278 (63.4 - 74.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

You can also opt for Life Orb over Choice Band if you want to use Sneasel on more Offensive team compositions (and reduce momentum loss from CB). Sneasel also clearly has problems dealing with some variations of Balance or Stall (which is somewhat mitigated by Knock Off spam), and common Offensive elements such as Entei can clearly overpower it:

252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Sneasel: 211-249 (84 - 99.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Overall, I think that Sneasel's a viable pick for a late-game cleaner for some styles of Balance and semi-stall.
Even though it can outspeed unboosted cobalion and has access to stab knock off a; it s still mostly outclassed by mamoswine or krookodile as a wallbreaker and has horrible bulk so it s outclassed as a pursuit trapper.

So now that one of the biggest hard stops to Flying attacks is straight up to OU, I've been screwing around with my memes again and came up with the idea of using Ice Burd.

Articuno @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid / Modest Nature
- Agility
- Ice Beam
- Hurricane
- Freeze Dry/Hidden Power Fighting

Now the typical response is 'why would i use this thing' and it's because Flying is an absurd option when it comes to being resisted, only commonly stopped by Rock, Electric, and Steels. Ice is mostly stopped by Waters, Fire, and Steel-Types, meaning the two have a pretty decent coverage, only missing out on hitting Steel more than resisted. Depending on what your team hates more, that can be patched right up, winging something with HP Fighting or Freeze Dry. A thing to note is that Max Speed Articuno outruns Gyarados and OHKOs with Freeze Dry, and works incredibly well in union with Mega Swampert if it's being a Rain Dance sweeper because no miss hurricanes.

Then there's the bulk this thing has, because you know it's there. It can live a Fire Blast or Draco Meteor from Hydreigon (LO and Specs, can't present calcs because school.), takes some steel attacks surprisingly well, and overall is just a bulky thing that doesn't just die. Then when you open up the chance to use an Agility, things can go right in the hole, because it's gonna nab something if it gets the chance.

Now, the biggest problem is this thing and SR, being super weak to rocks. It can run roost over Agility, but then you lose the option to outrun a lot of offense at the gain of longevity. Overall, this is not a bird to mess with or take lightly. It might not be the top of S-Class, but it's got potential on well-made teams, and I had some success with it so I figured I'd go ahead and post about it here since it doesn't mind the new drops at all.

Why should we use articuno over moltres when it hits harder and faster than articuno? Not to mention, it checks new drops better than Articuno. (Asking this honestly because i dont see how articuno gets more viability in the new meta)

Bulk. Moltres might hit harder, but it can't live a lot of the things Articuno can. Plus, Articuno has ways to hit Bulky Waters Super-Effectively, with a stab move at that, while not using HP Grass.

Edit, because I know people will slam me/this/whatever:
I'm not posting here to say 'oh everybody should use this'
I'm posting it because I had good fortune using it and enjoyed it at the same time, and figured i'd share it.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
SD Pass Celebi is no secret to anyone at this point, but I am consistently wowed by how vicious it is in practice. Passing to Mega Aerodactyl or Entei produces ridiculous results, and Celebi still does a lot of the things itself you'd want it to do, like threatening out Tentacruel, beating Suicune, etc. Even without a Swords Dance, straight Baton Pass lets you go to Mega Aero against stuff like Mega Beedrill, Roserade, Crobat and Chandelure, letting you remove them with Pursuit. For this reason, I think MAero is even better for BP Celebi than Sharpedo, though getting +2 to Sharpedo clinches the game outright more often than MAero. I'm running:

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Baton Pass
- Recover

The speed hits 312 to outspeed max Krookodile, while the max HP lets you survive a lot of stuff, even supereffective hits. Celebi can set up on Empoleons that lack Roar, which is especially nice if you can bring Entei in on an Ice Beam. Considering that most of the Haze users are Water types, what would you use to stop this strategy that isn't screwed if Celebi Passes right away to MAero? Off the top of my head, I'd say Mega Aggron...

SD Pass Celebi is no secret to anyone at this point, but I am consistently wowed by how vicious it is in practice. Passing to Mega Aerodactyl or Entei produces ridiculous results, and Celebi still does a lot of the things itself you'd want it to do, like threatening out Tentacruel, beating Suicune, etc. Even without a Swords Dance, straight Baton Pass lets you go to Mega Aero against stuff like Mega Beedrill, Roserade, Crobat and Chandelure, letting you remove them with Pursuit. For this reason, I think MAero is even better for BP Celebi than Sharpedo, though getting +2 to Sharpedo clinches the game outright more often than MAero. I'm running:

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Baton Pass
- Recover

The speed hits 312 to outspeed max Krookodile, while the max HP lets you survive a lot of stuff, even supereffective hits. Celebi can set up on Empoleons that lack Roar, which is especially nice if you can bring Entei in on an Ice Beam. Considering that most of the Haze users are Water types, what would you use to stop this strategy that isn't screwed if Celebi Passes right away to MAero? Off the top of my head, I'd say Mega Aggron...
And the pastor of disaster brings more disaster through a better SD Pass Celebi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)