Metagame NP: RU Stage 4: Do My Thang (READ POST #2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
About Stagnant Mismagius' set, it' s similar to a common LC Misdreavus's one. It was as good as it was suspected and banned for that.
Nasty Plot boosting behind a substitute could be powerful and quite difficult to stop.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
yo guys, a bit of a bump but the usage stats for this month are out! heres a link!

http://sim.smogon.com:8080/Stats/2014-10/ru-1630.0.txt

and for the sake of predicting rises/drops, here are the usage stats to look at as well :]

http://sim.smogon.com:8080/Stats/2014-10/uu-1630.0.txt

From the stats it seems like Gligar, Alomomola, and Whimsicott have the greatest chance of moving up by usage, while we have chances of getting all of Milotic, Quagsire, Diancie, Houndoom, and Kingdra from UU!

thoughts on both sets of stats? :o

[8:42:11 PM] the bravest bird: omg
[8:42:13 PM] the bravest bird: diancie is like
[8:42:14 PM] the bravest bird: ROCK WITH EYES
[8:42:15 PM] the bravest bird: except
[8:42:18 PM] the bravest bird: it can actually ohko moltres

But yeah, Diancie would be really nifty for a ROCK WITH EYES that actually has offensive presence, countering Moltres and Delphox and checking Exploud, among other things. RU is definitely where Diancie will be home. Though, unless Diancite is banned from UU, Diancie will probably spike in usage once ORAS comes out.
but nothing can truly replace ROCK WITH EYES

The community in general has really wanted Houndoom to drop, and it would be pretty cool to give a nice donk to Delphox and Doublade. However, I'm not as hyped as I was two months ago, as these two Pokemon have really fallen from their grace. They're still two threatening Pokemon, just not as much as before, Delphox hating the rise of Spiritomb and Skuntank with a passion, while Doublade has just been adapted to, and just about every serious team have ways to deal with Doublade.
also this thing exists which i was writing until I got distracted making this post

Last edited:
FINALLY, NO MORE GLIGAR
I'm so happy, i hate Gligar ;;;;
Sure, it's a great defogger, but it's so annoying to face, with him being gone, Stall might get hurted a bit, losing the best Defensive Defogger that can wall any physical threat that isn't Banded with Super Effective powerful move, or stuff like that.
Alomomola gone? I can't use my Choice Band Alomomola anymore, RIP ;;;;
Srsly, i feel like all these drops and stuff really hurts stall, don't you think so?
Last, Whimsicott.
Eh, wasn't this supposed to move DOWN? I don't understand, but i'm quite happy, my main team is weak to Whimsicott, which in itself wasn't very good in RU, but like, Anti-Meta IMO

All drops could be nice, Savior Doge FINALLY would be nice.
ROCK WITH EYES 2.0, eh, sure it's a SR setter that has a good match up against Moltres for sure, but outside of it, i would rather use Rhyperior & Registeel any day, and since Diancie doesn't get Earth Power in X/Y, it will be another huge setup fodder for Doublade, eh.
YEAH KINGDRA srsly i don't care *prepare a post about Critdra in the Don't Use Thread*
RU Quagsire like in Gen 5? I have nothing against that.
Milotic? Idk, it might be interesting, but i've never really used it, i don't even know what it really does.

3.41%

I'm interested in what people will do now that gligar is gone. Will claydol finally get usage? (no)

Means electric types aren't quite as cockblocked by running hp grass, and a lot of physical pokemon get way better. I'm also excited for milotic to drop and alomomola to rise - why milotic was a higher tier than alomomla I couldn't explain.

phantom

Banned deucer.
Gligar moving up would be the single biggest change in RU to date. I don't think the drops even compare to the level of influence Gligar has on RU, especially since half of them will likely be banned/have their Megas banned once the meta settles, I'm looking at Kingdra, Mega Houndoom, and Mega Diancie when I say this. Without Gligar, stall and Volt-turn take a huge hit in viability, as nothing would really compare to how reliable of a Defog user Gligar is on top of its tremendous defensive utility in countering Hitmonlee and Swords Dance Drapion. I also have a feeling with hazard removal getting more difficult, Spikes offense will get even stronger, which is stupid because it's already very powerful as it is... Idk, I'm not really looking forward to ORAS anymore lol.

No Gligar? No Alomomola? D-does this mean I need to play Offense again? Fuck.

I guess Quagsire is a decent replacement for Alomomola as a bulky water (seeing that slowking will take a hit in viability with savior dog), and Golbat is an option over Gligar already... buuut, man this is gonna just hurt. I really dislike using Aromatisse as a wishpasser (everyone has their mons they want to like, but really can't use at all, ye?)... but hey, Mega Audino will be an option there, too. Mega Audino is a mon I kinda wouldn't use over Alomomola ever, but if Mola leaves then it's actually a pretty viable option.

OR/AS: Offensive Rampage / Ass Stall

Despite Diancie being in RU range, it might not drop because there's still the few days of November when Diancite will be legal on the UU ladder, so it might barely get enough usage in that time to rise since it's not that far below the cutoff anyway. (Also we might get Flygon since Zygarde is staying UU, though I doubt it because scrubs love it as much as Milotic smfh)

phantom

Banned deucer.
Oh, if I'm not mistaken, UU recently unbanned Zygarde, and here was the usage it received this month:

| 101 | Zygarde | 0.76017% | 1319 | 0.186% | 1060 | 0.183% |

It should be interesting playing against the cancer that is Zygarde. This reminds me of the RU alpha days!

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Oh, if I'm not mistaken, UU recently unbanned Zygarde, and here was the usage it received this month:

It should be interesting playing against the cancer that is Zygarde. This reminds me of the RU alpha days!
Considering how much this month is weighted in stats I'm sure it will reach the 3.41% threshold. But yeah that would be a hilarious drop.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

It was officially unbanned today

It won't drop don't worry

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, Zygarde was stupid in RU Alpha. Don't remind me of that menace. Kthx.

Echoing Spirit's thoughts on Gligar possibly leaving the tier. That said, it would really help my Accelgor + Cobalion core be that much more viable LOL. Either way, there's no denying how good Gligar is and how big of a loss more defensive teams would suffer if it were to leave. The only drop I think is worth talking about is Diancie. We would have a Fairy-type that, for the first time, can actually stand up to ALL of Druddigon's attacks. (Iron Tail could become more common) We would also have a defensive Rock-type that not only doesn't get boned by HP Grass from Moltres, but can also be viable outside of that. The problem Diancie will have is having to choose between a physical route (with a stronger Rock STAB) or a special route (great Fairy-type STAB, but has to rely on HP Rock for a Rock STAB) which can kinda suck. It can obviously run Rocks no matter the route it takes, so either route results in a sturdy, reliable Rocks setter for bulky offense / balance teams.

In fairness, Diancie isn't exactly doing much with its base 50 speed and could run a -Spe nature to use both attacking stats, or it could just go -Atk and still be able to:
0- Atk Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Moltres: 424-504 (132 - 157%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0- Atk Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Delphox: 254-300 (87.2 - 103%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (Neutral nature still does 96% minimum)

With a neutral nature it gets a 2hko after rocks on physically defensive Golbat, but Golbat outspeeds you and Roosts the rock weakness away so that doesn't really work anyway

In fairness, Diancie isn't exactly doing much with its base 50 speed and could run a -Spe nature to use both attacking stats, or it could just go -Atk and still be able to:
0- Atk Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Moltres: 424-504 (132 - 157%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0- Atk Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Delphox: 254-300 (87.2 - 103%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (Neutral nature still does 96% minimum)

With a neutral nature it gets a 2hko after rocks on physically defensive Golbat, but Golbat outspeeds you and Roosts the rock weakness away so that doesn't really work anyway
By the time we get Diancie ORAS will be out and OU will steal her and she'll have earth power to hit roosting golbats, although roost mindgames are somehow more tedious than sucker punch ones.

it's worth noting that since diancie is an xy event legendary it's possible that its mega stone won't be available straight away come oras. if that's the case, we'll probably keep it for a while.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
it's worth noting that since diancie is an xy event legendary it's possible that its mega stone won't be available straight away come oras. if that's the case, we'll probably keep it for a while.
While this could be true, I don't think they would do this. It might be the last Mega Stone you're able to obtain in ORAS, but I highly doubt that they would announce a Mega Evolution (and even have Diancie Mega Evolve in a movie) and not have the Mega Stone available within the gameplay of ORAS. Trading Diancie from XY to ORAS will probably trigger an in-game event that allows you to obtain its Mega Stone.

canasian, I see no reason not to run Sassy / Relaxed looking back on it. It's not like you should be staying in on the likes of Rhyperior or Doublade with a defensive set anyway (where you likely won't have room to run Earth Power) so the loss in Speed isn't noteworthy unless you need Diancie to beat Druddigon (still no guarantee since most run enough Speed for base 50s anyway)

Senpai D.M

さようなら
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
alo leaving? I just started using it too :( Gligar was so perf but the other defog users will work (Golbat :p) Really hype for Quagsire tbh

Ive been trying out Tailwind offense lately. It's actually really fun. Tailwind Whimsicott + Specs Exploud is amazing late game. Whimsicott has prankser Tailwind+ Memento to give Exploud/Hitmonlee a free switch and has 2/3 turns of uncatcheable speed + huge firepower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)