ORAS UU Np;; RULES OF NATURE

Hi, I'm Nightingales. I'm that chick who hangs out in UU and makes a lot of more or less stupid teams, but I screwed around with a few teams that had a bit of success to them. Stuff like An Apocalyptic Alleluia comes to mind for this, with that one specifically setting me on the road to re-examine my past teams. This is a team comprised of a bunch of bits and pieces, fine-tuned a bit. Overall, the team focuses on applying pressure to weak points in the opposing teams through forcing sleep, hazard damage, and item removal. When weak points have broken enough, the rest of the team can fill in and apply pressure from within, picking off and chipping until the entire team crumbles.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Punch

Lucario was the focal point of the team, with my having decided that I missed actually playing with it and having gotten swept by it a few matches before. Without Swords Dance, it's a nice revenge killer, being quick enough to outspeed +Speed base 85s and neutral base 100s without any boosts and being decently powerful any way it can be looked at. However, with Extreme Speed, that revenging goes through the roof, only falling prey to Fake Out users, which he resists. Ice Punch was the chosen coverage over something like Crunch or Earthquake for two reasons; in the initial stages, dragons gave me an issue, and Doublade + Fairies + Ghosts in general are things I don't want to stay in on. Besides, I have things to cover them, so they were a non-concern over eliminating things like Dragons which prove to be a huge threat if I can't get boosts up on Cune early-game.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 4 SpA / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Roar
- Calm Mind
- Scald

Suicune is a more or less staple of all my teams. I love SubRoar cune, mostly because I don't fall prey to bad RNG rolls with Sleep Talk. But essentially, this set is to avoid falling prey to things like status that would normally come from slower mons. Which, let's be fair, there are a lot of. Over that, though, against teams that rely on more balanced strategies, this set tends to fare well, being able to swallow some powerful hits, even resisted, and spread burns with the 100% burn chance Scald. The EVS are a bit weird, but I was told to run 24 speed in the room, so screw it. I don't lose speed ties with other roarcunes, and I guess hitting 212 speed is good for something? I really have no clue man.

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 40 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Look, this is the Roserade set Euphonos used when he swept people with Marill. And it works well enough for me to like it. Having a fast Sleep Powder is good in my book, and I had the option of Toxic Spikes over anything else, but I opted not to when I ended up having needed a bit of extra damage to rack up some extra kos. I'll just quote him on this one because I can't say much on it that he doesn't cover.

Euphonos said:
This Pokemon is very capable of taking some Special Attacks even without investing its Special Defense EV's, and the most important attack it could take is Scald. Thanks to Natural Cure, it can heal the Scald burn once it switches out, and can use Giga Drain in order to beat some of the Bulky Waters around. It also has Sludge Bomb to cover Grass-types, another type that can hinder Marill's chances of sweeping. Spikes is a secondary hazard move worth using on this Pokemon as there is already a Stealth Rock setter to be introduced later on, and it can complement the team's potent offensive abilities. Finally, a disrupting move is a staple on all teams, and this Pokemon with Sleep Powder is no exception here.

240 HP EVs help it grant a Black Sludge number for Poison-types, and 228 Speed EVs paired with a Timid Nature allow it to outrun the common Adamant Entei and put to sleep (hopefully) before it can make a move. Finally, the remaining EVs go to Special Attack so that it can power up Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb by the slightest. Because it is a Special Attacker, it is best to minimize Foul Play damage by reducing its Attack IV's to 0.

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

I already had spikes, and SR was a necessity. Krook has been a favorite rocks setter for a long time, since it can pull it's weight against defoggers and actually beat them 1v1. Stuff like Crobat is prey to a pair of Knock Offs or a Stone Edge, Gligar hates losing an item, and even Intimidated, it can still remove a Mence's item and do a chunk of damage to let other stuff come in and clean it up. Sometimes, it's a suicide lead, which is fine if it can bring in a setup mon that can scare other things off. I don't like that it happens, especially if it's my only answer to something if I lose momentum, but that's the risk I have to play with it every now and then.

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

I've been using this particular set and spread since it was being called for a ban, and you know what, it was right up there. This thing decimates balanced and more offensive teams, especially if it gets two boosts up, since it's probably game over from there. I opted for Adamant because of the sheer power it pulled, but on top of that the one thing that it does better than anybody else is break things. With a boosted STAB, next to nothing wants to stand in it's way, though if they do it's probably because they're called Heliolisk or Toxicroak. Neither of those like taking a +1 Ice Punch, and of course, Crunch is there for the mere reason of hitting Ghosts. That, and Psychics. Those are annoying. On top of that, though, this is nine times out of ten my endgame, in that if I can get this up to +1 it's over, being able to blow through what is left of the teams. I don't like bringing him in if anything is over 75%, since that just plays stupid.

Delphox @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot

Look, Delphox is one of my favorite mons. She's like the sexy librarian of the pokemon world. And this is another anti-Dragon measure. Especially against things like Hydreigon, which love to switch in. Where most people would have CM, I elected to run Dazzling Gleam, since it's got room in that it rarely gets CM and it's not really useful when it does. So running the typical Dual Stabs + Grass Knot and putting Gleam on there wasn't too much of a jump. But this is usually my lead if it's Azelf or Forretress that I see on the other team, since I can hit literally everything for at least solid neutral damage like this. Overall, I like her, but her fit is questionable. This is perhaps one of the most matchup-reliant mons on my team, needing to have a decent enough matchup to be effective as possible.

[23:11] Nightingales: I'll just end it on an importable
[23:12] Nightingales: and a shoutout to the uu room
[23:12] Nightingales: except certain people
[23:12] Nightingales: bhris doesn't get a shoutout
[23:12] %Leo▲Lancaster: Nightingales, mention the illuminati with white text ▲

Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Punch

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 4 SpA / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Roar
- Calm Mind
- Scald

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 40 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Delphox @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot

Manipulative

Camila <3
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey there, Nightingales! This looks like a really cool team and I especially like its utilization of Delphox, as well as the rare Sub Cune :P. I've got a couple of suggestions for you that will hopefully help increase its overall effectiveness.

• So the first things that I noticed is your struggles with bulky waters and lack of a Hydreigon switch-in. I know that Roserade is here, but it honestly doesn't deal all that well with CM cunes, especially since it's not a Life Orb and fully SPA invested set. Not to mention that most cunes carry Rest and Sleep Talk. Anyways, to help better patch up these weaknesses, I would suggest replacing Roserade with Whimsicott. Encore is going to be really helpful in general, but it's also going to give you a push that you will probably need against bulky waters. Adding Whimsicott here also means that you'll have a soft Hydreigon check, just watch out for Fire Blast. The sort of bulky spread of 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe with a Timid nature would probably be best, since you'll be switching into this very often. I'll post a set but feel free to experiment with and tweak it to your preference.

• Assuming that you make the above change, I would also suggest replacing Dazzling Gleam on Delphox with Calm Mind. You may have Whimsicott as a switch in, but I think it would be nice to have a more solid offensive presence for Suicune. With a Hydreigon check on the team, Dazzling Gleam isn't as mandatory anymore, even though it'd still be great to have. However, a +1 Grass Knot deals just the amount of damage you would want it to: +1 252 SpA Life Orb Delphox Grass Knot (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Suicune: 343-406 (84.9 - 100.4%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO. Having rocks up and being at +1 before Cune came in would be the ideal situation. Also, make sure this runs 0 Atk IVs to minimize damage received from Foul Play.

• I also noticed a Chandelure weakness, which a couple of minor changes could really help out with. So I get that you want Ice Punch on Lucario for Dragons, but it seems sort of redundant imo because the main dragons, Salamence and Hydreigon, are outspeeding and beating you 1v1 anyways. Offensive Salamence simply just wins 1v1 unless you're at +2 and it is in range, and if a Hydreigon is locked into Dark Pulse/Draco, you would almost always be way better off taking advantage of it with a Swords Dance anyways. Also, you would probably want to hit Hydreigon and every dragon apart from Mence and Dragalge that comes to mind with CC. Now, seeing as Jellicent poses way more of a threat than Doublade, I suggest replace Ice Punch with Crunch. To further help patch up the Chandelure weakness, I would recommend replacing Stone Edge with Pursuit on Krookodile.

Other than that, I think this looks like a pretty solid and fun to use offensive team! I might decide to try it a little bit myself hehe :). Anyways, I hope you consider trying out my changes and that they work out. Good luck!

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain / Leech Seed
- Encore
- U-turn

Delphox @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot

Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Crunch

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay so interesting team you have here. Here's the rate:
  • Okay so your team lacks a hard hitter in general, and Delphox is pretty bad because it is outclassed by stuffs like Life Orb Infernape or Chandelure, and I believe your team needs a Zapdos switch-in because Delphox is relatively frail and just loses about 60% of its HP. Therefore, running a Mixed Hydreigon over Delphox which can pressure bulkier builds and weaken stuffs and ease a Lucario clean.
  • I also agree with xVarsity 's suggestion and run a Whimsicott over Roserade, because you need something for setup sweepers like Whimsicott and Salamence, which seems dangerous against your team if given a turn to setup and to deal with bulky Water-types in general. It's also your only hope of dealing with Mandibuzz which seems unbreakable to your team.
  • With Roserade gone, you need a Toxic Spikes absorber, otherwise your team gets worn down by Toxic Spikes, and a hazard remover which doesn't lose as much momentum like Suicune, as well as be able to deal with CM Florges which is a hassle for your team to play against. You still need a solid Fire-type check as well. Therefore I think Acid Spray Tentacruel over Suicune would be great as Acid Spray wears down Florges, as well as allows the team to setup Toxic Spikes and also remove hazards on your end.
  • With Suicune gone the team struggles against Aerodactyl so I think running Adamant Bullet Punch Lucario over Ice Punch is great as +2 Bullet Punch KOs Mamoswine which Lucario lures Aerodactyl as a revenge killer so you can KO it as well.
  • Finally, I agree with xVarsity's recommendation of running Pursuit over Stone Edge on Krookodile.
Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Iron Tail
- Roost / Superpower

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 172 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Acid Spray

Good luck!

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I actually disagree with the Whimsicott suggestion here since there is really nothing deterring salamence from clicking fire blast versus lucario anyways, kinda ruining the pint of an added fairy there. The more conservative option to patch up the weakness is probably just to run Ice Beam on Suicune which tends to catch a ton of people off guard, particularly on ladder. Not too much else since I'm on mobile right now but yeah just thought I'd chime in.

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Only thing worth outspeeding with Suicune is Crawdaunt which hits 209 with Adamant, but who knows if that thing is staying or not. Other than that the only thing Speed is good for is Roaring out other Suicune first.

Also I agree with the suggestions of Pursuit Krook, Adamant BP Luke, and Beam Cune.

However, I'm also not too keen on Whimsicott as it just makes you that much weaker to Beedrill and your team kind of does love Spikes to play the hazard game against bulkier teams and the sleep support as well as Roserade being much better than Whimsi offensively and better against Fat fairies and other Whimsicott that actually really annoy you.

Instead, I think a rather creative way to patch up your team's weaknesses both offensively and defensively is to give Custap BoomLax a try over Delphox.
Just as Suicune is a blanket check to physical attackers on the team, Snorlax switches in fairly comfortably on most of the special attackers you may have trouble switching into (Electrics, Hydra, Chandy, and Nidos mainly), and can either threaten with Curse or just go straight for a strong Body Slam to potentially spread some yellow magic.
More importantly though, Snorlax lures in and eliminates potential checks to your two main sweepers (Gatr and Lucario).
Custap Lax feigns the Curselax set and immediately lures in both of the main Ghost types you have trouble with (Doublade and Chandy, to either Sacred Sword or Trick) and either deals heavy damage or eliminates them with Earthquake. Snorlax also tends to bring in physically bulky Pokemon and Pokemon that can phaze such as Aggron, other Suicune, Chesnaught, Metagross, and Swampert only to be severely weakened for your set up sweepers.
Additionally, once in Custap range, Snorlax can help you get a surprise kill on fast offensive threats like Beedrill, Sceptile, Heliolisk, or Mienshao hoping to pick Snorlax off.
Set:
Snorlax @ Custap Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Self-Destruct
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Curse

Delphox is bad fren ]:

Hope I helped.

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
Really cool team man! I think the previous suggestions basically sum up what I was going to suggest, except Whimsicott, but I think the Delphox addition is pretty cool

Look, Delphox is one of my favorite mons. She's like the sexy librarian of the pokemon world. LOL That was so funny =)

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
Hi Nightingales! cool team I guess, give proper shoutouts next time.

IMO put Ice Beam over Roar on Suicune so DD Salamence and Scarf Salamence don't pressure you as much. Also IMO, change Krook to offensive MAero with rocks so Offensive Crobat doesn't 6-0 you. Also make it Jolly Nature MAero so Adamant Hone Claws Maero doesn't 6-0 you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)