Metagame np: Stage 6 - The Boys Are Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Alright, can we talk about Piloswine and how it is literally the anti-aids mon? I've been having fun with it and it actually turned out to be amazing. Pair it with a fighting resist and you got a legit core without tryna fit on rocks as well.

Alright, can we talk about Piloswine and how it is literally the anti-aids mon? I've been having fun with it and it actually turned out to be amazing. Pair it with a fighting resist and you got a legit core without tryna fit on rocks as well.
Musharna and Piloswine form a godly core, then throw in something to take knock offs and you're golden.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
idk what nu metagame you've been playing, but lanturn is still everywhere... it pairs so well with mawile torterra and xatu that its on nearly every team. Spikes are probably harder to set up now than ever, with the rise in xatu usage, meaning that one of lanturns key weaknesses (being easy to wear down) becomes less of a factor

i'm still not sold on piloswine, keep in mind i've used it more than the average nu player prob has, but its just so fucking slow. in general tank mons are pretty shit in nu unless theyre not weak to common types or have a really good resistance (being weak to fighting and water is kinda ass rn) taking damage before you dish it out is really tough for pilo considering the things it wants to hit super effectively (torterra, mawile, lanturn) can hit it for super effective damage first.

klinklang should be amazing rn, but i havent seen anyone really abuse it yet. also i dont get why you mention steels getting better because mag is gone due to trapping, idt magnet pull even had 20% usage on it lol

"idk what nu metagame you've been playing, but lanturn is still everywhere"

Sorry, i was unclear, what i wanted to say is that before Magneton's ban, lanturn was used in every team, and only to check Magneton, after magneton's ban, it's usage would drop a bit, anyways i am not really a regular NU player like you, and you know about the tier better than me. I also think that Klinklang would be an amazing pokemon, it would have been a bait to Magneton, but Magneton is banned, and i think Klinklang will destroy.Piloswine is kinda ass because of it's speed but this proves how good it really is:
252+ Atk Choice Band Torterra Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Piloswine: 318-374 (78.7 - 92.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Torterra Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Piloswine: 252-299 (62.3 - 74%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Mawile Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Piloswine: 156-187 (38.6 - 46.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0 Atk Piloswine Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mawile: 248-294 (102.9 - 121.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 SpA Lanturn Scald vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Piloswine: 138-164 (34.1 - 40.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0 Atk Piloswine Earthquake vs. 40 HP / 252 Def Lanturn: 236-282 (58.8 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 Atk Piloswine Icicle Spear (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Torterra: 324-396 (97.8 - 119.6%) -- approx. 93.8% chance to OHKO
but he just mentioned why lanturn is used beyond stopping magneton, before and after the ban. also avoid posting calcs like that which don't really prove a point.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
"idk what nu metagame you've been playing, but lanturn is still everywhere"

Sorry, i was unclear, what i wanted to say is that before Magneton's ban, lanturn was used in every team, and only to check Magneton, after magneton's ban, it's usage would drop a bit, anyways i am not really a regular NU player like you, and you know about the tier better than me. I also think that Klinklang would be an amazing pokemon, it would have been a bait to Magneton, but Magneton is banned, and i think Klinklang will destroy.Piloswine is kinda ass because of it's speed but this proves how good it really is:
252+ Atk Choice Band Torterra Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Piloswine: 318-374 (78.7 - 92.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Torterra Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Piloswine: 252-299 (62.3 - 74%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Mawile Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Piloswine: 156-187 (38.6 - 46.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0 Atk Piloswine Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mawile: 248-294 (102.9 - 121.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 SpA Lanturn Scald vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Piloswine: 138-164 (34.1 - 40.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0 Atk Piloswine Earthquake vs. 40 HP / 252 Def Lanturn: 236-282 (58.8 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 Atk Piloswine Icicle Spear (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Torterra: 324-396 (97.8 - 119.6%) -- approx. 93.8% chance to OHKO
First off, I don't think I have ever seen a Max HP / Max Def Piloswine, as it is just much more beneficial for it to abuse its amazing STABs as well as its decent attack, but I could be wrong. I'm also on the same side as Kiyo with Piloswine, as I am not 100% sold on it. It seems to have an incredibly hard time switching in especially when Steel and Fighting Type pokemon being really common atm. While it does have a very nice immunity in Electric, having only 2 resistances in Ice / Poison is really not that great for something that is supposed to be taking hits and switching in on common threats. I still think it is good right now, but you really are trying to highlight its good side too much. Also Lanturn is still seen on almost every balance / slower offensive team, as it works as a great blanket check for flying and steel types, both of which got more common with the banning of Magneton.

Piloswine is one of those mons that wants it EVs in all stats. On paper it is good, but it is just too slow (it needs Speed investment), it needs max HP because it is slow no matter what, it wants max Attack to abuse its STABs, and it wants Def to take hits even better. It has to choose, and commonly settles with max HP and max Attack with 4 EVs elsewhere, but it does want more speed to outrun max HP Torterra, so there is that.

Is there any good EVspread known for Piloswine? I tried a few things with it in both Gen V and Gen VI and never really got it to work.

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm currently using 252atk / 80spd / 176spe, so it's able to take a scald or 2 from lanturn and still outspeed max spe ada rhydon. It's working for me, but there is probably a much better spread, but for now, this seems like a good baseline start.

idk what nu metagame you've been playing, but lanturn is still everywhere... it pairs so well with mawile torterra and xatu that its on nearly every team. Spikes are probably harder to set up now than ever, with the rise in xatu usage, meaning that one of lanturns key weaknesses (being easy to wear down) becomes less of a factor

i'm still not sold on piloswine, keep in mind i've used it more than the average nu player prob has, but its just so fucking slow. in general tank mons are pretty shit in nu unless theyre not weak to common types or have a really good resistance (being weak to fighting and water is kinda ass rn) taking damage before you dish it out is really tough for pilo considering the things it wants to hit super effectively (torterra, mawile, lanturn) can hit it for super effective damage first.

klinklang should be amazing rn, but i havent seen anyone really abuse it yet. also i dont get why you mention steels getting better because mag is gone due to trapping, idt magnet pull even had 20% usage on it lol
Pilo takes hit from each of those listed mons (torterra, mawile, lanturn) among others which I listed in the viability thread quite well before OHKO'ing in return. Sure, it can get worn down during a battle, but its main function is to set up rocks, and then tank hits alongside a priority move. It should never be used exclusively as a check for a certain mon, but rather as a really strong rocks setter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)