np: UU - Rain Drops Keep Falling on my Head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
If people are already complaining about stall by now, imagine if these two dropped.

Heracross we need some help here... PLEASE!

If people are already complaining about stall by now, imagine if these two dropped.

Heracross we need some help here... PLEASE!
The whole argument behind Dugtrio being BL is that it helps another suspect (Raikou, which will most likely be BL'ed) set up by have a chance of trapping an entire TWO STALL POKEMON. And it's not like there is an item that allows those two Pokemon to escape, right? I mean, if there was an item like that it would completely nullify almost all of the "Dugtrio is BL" arguments, or at the very least postpone the vote on Dugtrio for more testing without the other suspects.

I'd like to see some testing of Duggy without any of the other suspects or OU dropouts. And maybe have people be foreced to read a giant neon pop-up saying "SHED SHELL NEGATES THE EFFECT OF ARENA TRAP" before they start testing.

Lol, I like you. ^_^ I actually got the sarcasm xD.

Edit: I guess I should add something...about the suspects. I think heracross should get a fair shot just like every other "broken" now BL pokemon. Hippowdon...hmmm...well the infamous grass, water, fire (special at least) should give him some trouble. Duskinoir (surprisingly) is the one I see giving trouble. I mean, has anyone ever faced a well played dusclops?! I believe it was BNE (BurtandEarny I think it was) who used it and it was might hard to take down when played right. Tentacruel- as I said a few pages back- would be hella fun to use with an SD set, other than that, I don't see him/her doing much else. Toxic spikes are just meh in UU, so yea...Btw, when are the paragraphs due, I seem to have forgotten...again xD.

The only reason stall is as good as it is is because people keep making teams that suck against them.

That sentence must be annoying to read.

Bulky Lass+Swellow+Moltres+Raikou is one of the most broken cores right now. Add in a donphan to set up stealth rock, spin, revenge things like swellow with ice shard, giving you more priority and letting you revnge without revealing swellow or raikou, plus an anti-lead, and you have a solid team.
Heysup posted this team in February, where have you been? And honestly, that core has become much less effective over time, and struggles a lot if you manage to keep SR on the field.

The only reason stall is as good as it is is because people keep making teams that suck against them.

It is. I really don't get this whole "stall is too strong" controversy. It has always been a strong play style in every tier. Like you said, people should make teams that can beat it "easier". I can also say that I don't think it's always the team that makes you stall weak, a lot of times it's the player. Not everyone knows how to play against it and just get overwhelmed, bored, and frustrated by the fact that their pokes are being walked all over (or blocked xD) by a series of bulky annoyers. Also, if you don't like these pokes, make good arguments to get these pokemon banned. Not because I or anyone else says so, but because you feel they are broken. People bitch about losing pokes that can beat stall, but they never do anything about it. Well, don't we just have a lovely community of lazy fuckers? lol...

Stall was great and all, then we got this new dark type finger wagging move called taunt! Yeah, crazy right?

All kidding aside, stall is potentially handled by the right pokemon, and definitely that's easier in uu without pokemon like forry and bliss floating around, so it is really quite unintelligent to say stall is too good.

Making good teams is too hard, though. Coming up with reasons to complain and ban anything mildly threatening is easier.

I'm holding off constructing a new team simply so I can size up the current threats and not have my team ripped in half by an OU dropout. I'd like to try to at least get a solid idea of what the soon to be suspects are before I even set up the core. I'd also like to see what's popular, so i can come up with some counters.

Heysup posted this team in February, where have you been? And honestly, that core has become much less effective over time, and struggles a lot if you manage to keep SR on the field.
Just saying, while I have to give Heysup credit for the bulkylass idea, I have always used swellow-I used it when new UU first started, better than staraptor since everyone was trying to outspeed it by 1 point, and after a burn swellow has about the same attack thanks to guts, + facade with almost 40 more power. and i just threw raikou and moltres on thier, cause, well, theyre broken. I will give heysup credit for inspiring me too use them together in that way and that style, but I have always used those pokemon. And since everyone is using raikou, moltres, and lass, it cant exactly be called original. Stealth rock isn't that bad, id rather have donphan set up stealth rock than spin, the point of the team is to sweep instantly with little setup, and swellow and lass are suicidal anyways so only moltres cares.
And I prefer modest moltres-you get outsped by shit like toxicroak and offensive milotic, but you can 2hko defensive milotic and 2hko spiritomb wih flamethrower. Stall teams rely too much on chansey, take it down with clever switching. Infact, thats the one thing that fucks up stall, much more in UU than OU since OU will beat you even if you switch around cause you die from entry hazards faster, but in UU, just switch around and when chansey gets to like, 30%, bring in raikou on cloyster before it can spin and launch 2 thunderbolts. Chansey dies, moltres sweeps. Of course, if froslass, raikou, moltres and dugtrio all get banned, stall will get a big buff. In fact, if even 1 (mayby 2) get banned, expect a large raise in blaziken and nasty plot toxicroak- which in turn will cause most stalls to go to bulky offense. Then the whole metagame becomes bulky offense, like OU, Ubers, and CAP. Then NU will be the only safe haven (and little cup, but that will never become bulky offense-and i suck at it lol)
Oh and we can expect to see tiering changes in the next few days. I tried my very best in the last 2 days of april to keep hera OU and make Rhyperior OU (my team doesn't like rhyperior) but 2 days isn't a lot. What do you guys think will happen. Will tentacruel ever fall?

Just saying, while I have to give Heysup credit for the bulkylass idea, I have always used swellow-I used it when new UU first started, better than staraptor since everyone was trying to outspeed it by 1 point, and after a burn swellow has about the same attack thanks to guts, + facade with almost 40 more power. and i just threw raikou and moltres on thier, cause, well, theyre broken. I will give heysup credit for inspiring me too use them together in that way and that style, but I have always used those pokemon. And since everyone is using raikou, moltres, and lass, it cant exactly be called original.
No no, Im not saying that Heysup was the first person to use Swellow or Froslass, just that his team popularized Froslass+ Swellow + Moltres+ Donphan and everyone started using them together. Thats all.

Tentacruel and Dusknoir would probably be fine. If Hippowdon dropped in then Venasaur and Milotic would be even more centralized...I don't think anyone would like that. and Hippowdon himself would just be a pain in the ass.
SD Tentacruel. Every time someone points out that Tentacruel would be a nice (defensive) addition to UU, you need to remember the destructive power that a 100 base speed poke and good special defensive capabilities would have. It gets through Milotic, is faster than most of the metagame and still keeps its great spD. Not much more you could want in a setup sweeper other than a sleep move, but Venusaur only wishes it had 100 base speed.

(@Uberiffic) I'm not using SubEndeavor Swellow on my mono-normal, but I am using it on a more standard team focused on taking out the opponents steel type and raping, which just so happens to also have Tauros on it, along with Scyther, who is also great great great once the opponents steel is gone. Tack Leafeon into the mix while you're at it. Fun stuff. Basically any sweeper that you went, "This is a cool set. Too bad it doesn't have a fighting/ground/fire move to do anything to Registeel with..." flourishes in a "metagame without Registeel" which has been created by this nice little 100% lure. And yes, I'm bold enough to say that it will lure in your opponents steel type/phyically defensive wall 100% of the time. If they don't they are either:
1) Running offense, which you'll rape anyways with a Swellow behind a Substitute
2) Out of Swellow counters
3) Have Rotom (that little son of a gun)

PS - The problem with mono-normal is rain. After all the fussing that people did over rain, it's not even in the discussion for suspect now. Did people just decide that it wasn't worth fighting for?

I'm probably going to end up using Electrode as a lead again anyways. I just love having the fastest taunt in the tier (from the fastest Pokemon in the tier), and being able to always set up something (taunt, rain dance, etc.) is nice. Explosion hits everything but Rock, Ghost, and Steel type Pokemon pretty hard, and has a not so bad 80 Special Atk for Thunder/Thunderbolt. And being able to prevent Spikers from setting up pretty much all the time (Choice Scarf Froslass if it somehow stays in UU?) should be fun.

Maybe a Dugtrio lead might work, if it still sticks around. I doubt it, but it might be worth a try.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So, the deadline for submitting Suspect paragraphs is Thursday, May 6th. Quite a few people have already submitted paragraphs, so we shouldn't need much longer than that!

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Rolfkip is a genius. Again. That Swellow set is awesome (luring out steels and hurting them l
ike nobodies business and hurting them)

and the best part is that you don't need to resort to Dugtrio.

So, the deadline for submitting Suspect paragraphs is Thursday, May 6th. Quite a few people have already submitted paragraphs, so we shouldn't need much longer than that!
I PMed you about that and you haven't replied. >_>

Anyway, Stall, in my opinion has trouble with Grass types more than anything even when carrying a Rest-talk Arcanine. I'm changing it back to Raikou as it hasn't been very productive for me. It was beaten by an SD Leafeon. >.<

Also, Dugtrio isn't useful only with Raikou. You guys make it sound that way, but it works well with things like Swellow, Leafeon, Curse Umbreon, and a whole bunch of other things walled by Steel types.

On another note, anyone ever try out Probopass. Rock/Steel isn't half as bad as you guys might think when you have Magnet Rise and the ability to trap Registeel. Special Defense is good, too, and even better with Hippopotas' support.

As nice as it sounds to be able to hurt steels that come in on Swellow, doesn't Substitute make it die like really freaking fast?
100 - 25 (sr) - 25 (sub) - 12.5 (burn) = 35.5% hp left. But that's the point after all. You don't even have to U-turn out if you're that low, Facade'll probably KO.

The main point is taking out steels though, and Swellow does this flawlessly. Once Registeel is gone, Scther/Leafeon/Venusaur/SD sweeper sweeps teams significantly easier. No more relying on Dugtrio's shakyness.

Oh yay, now we're discussing Swellow >_> Time to dust off my old defensive SubSplit Rotom...
shhhhhhhh :)

Yeah, ghosts in general bug this Swellow a lot. I guess theoretically you could use Baton Pass over U-Turn and pass your sub to something that can take advantage of rotom/magius/tomb, but I like U-Turn's utility.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ugh, Venusaur is clearly dominating UU right now. 22%, and the next used mon(Moltres) is only at 15%? Man, Venusaur sure is popular =(

After all the cry about Moltres being broken with Spikes, Froslass is only its 4th used partner, behind Hitmontop.

And of course, Raikou's partners are Venusaur, Dugtrio, and Moltres... well, Registeel is under severe threat lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)