np: XY UU Stage 0 - I Lived

Status
Not open for further replies.
how is using dark pulse three times giving you a statistical chance of flinching? Even with 3 dark pulses, the chance of not flinching is 51.2%, so 51.2% of the time chansey is landing that last blow on houndoom. it's not exactly a "chansey is sure to fail" thing. if chansey goes down with houndoom, then chansey has achieved her job of removing a key threat from the game, which can be crucial if houndoom is the only special sweeper they have. you have limited the loss of your team to just chansey.
He might have meant if Chansey takes 3 Dark Pulses, it's more likely than not to flinch at least once, since the flinch probability is over 50% at that point.

If we're talking Chansey vs. other Pokemon 1 v 1, I find Chansey being able to beat the most surprising things sometimes. Like I've come across Mega Aggron and Mega Aerodactyl before that weren't able to deal over 50% damage to it. I agree with whoever was talking about Superpower Hydreigon as well. A lot of people seem to think it beats Chansey, but as long as you are on high health (in my experience you have to be about 75% or higher) when it first attacks, and Softboiled on the first Superpower, then you will win, since the rest of the Superpowers will do less than 50%.

However, I don't think it's broken, there's still many ways to get past it. I find if Chansey is at high health, it's ridiculously easy to switch in and do whatever, but when it's under around 60%, it starts getting quite difficult to switch in (and when you do, you usually have to prioritize healing yourself over supporting the teammates, and once you've done your double-Softboiled or Wish/Protect or whatever, the opponent has usually switch in something that ruins Chansey, so you have to switch back out again). I always play cautiously with it, always trying to keep it as high on health as possible. It's tempting to predict switches and throw status or a cheeky SToss around, but it's too much of a risk a lot of the time, since a lot of things Chansey can usually beat can force you out if you didn't heal yourself on their switch-in.

Honestly if Chansey didn't have wish I wouldn't care but the fact that it heals a large majority of the metagame for FULL HP makes its teams like invulnerable
all it needs is 1 free turn and then aggron is completely healed, unless I craft my team to be totally chansey unsafe then shes going to get a chance to switch in, shes going to wish and basically crack up her team to full. And considering chansey is only unsafe in front of a few things, even some of the most feared physical scarfers in the tier can't smack her out. And without knock off, not too many things scare her. Even if you do have a knock off switch in, what are you gonna do? smack the wish receiving aggron that now has full HP again? Great.

It's not that just that chansey is the best special tank, but its because shes that, and the best wish passer, and the best cleric, and has passive damage to ensure shes not a sitting duck. And she has access to stealth rock, It's just too much.

Honestly if Chansey didn't have wish I wouldn't care but the fact that it heals a large majority of the metagame for FULL HP makes its teams like invulnerable
all it needs is 1 free turn and then aggron is completely healed, unless I craft my team to be totally chansey unsafe then shes going to get a chance to switch in, shes going to wish and basically crack up her team to full. And considering chansey is only unsafe in front of a few things, even some of the most feared physical scarfers in the tier can't smack her out. And without knock off, not too many things scare her. Even if you do have a knock off switch in, what are you gonna do? smack the wish receiving aggron that now has full HP again? Great.

It's not that just that chansey is the best special tank, but its because shes that, and the best wish passer, and the best cleric, and has passive damage to ensure shes not a sitting duck. And she has access to stealth rock, It's just too much.
WishTect is not it's best set. That would be WishBoiled. She can run SR+Wish+Toxic+Protect+Seismic Toss? I mean, we still have stall breakers Mew and Crobat with Super Fang, not to mention BandCross who eats MAggron and Chansey for breakfast. Chansey is not broken. We have Taunt, Knock Off, Mienshao, Machamp, Heracross, and so many other things that tear through Chansey. It is not broken in any way or by any reasonable definition.

WishTect is not it's best set. That would be WishBoiled. She can run SR+Wish+Toxic+Protect+Seismic Toss? I mean, we still have stall breakers Mew and Crobat with Super Fang, not to mention BandCross who eats MAggron and Chansey for breakfast. Chansey is not broken. We have Taunt, Knock Off, Mienshao, Machamp, Heracross, and so many other things that tear through Chansey. It is not broken in any way or by any reasonable definition.
I understand there are things that counter it, but you can say that for so many things that have already been BL'd Considering how versitile chansey is in general and her ability to be the best at things other pokemon in the tier are dedicated to. (think florges wish passing vs chansey wish passing)

Not to mention countering a wish passer is kind of a silly concept, so you bring in bandcross, and you wanna take Chansey out.
The wish already used, its easy to switch into anything that can SURVIVE the hit. Even if it takes 90% and hangs on, the wish gives it FULL health and now your heracross is against a healthy counter, or even a check made a counter by the overpowered wish.

Example: Chansey uses wish as you bring your heracross in
She can now protect to use it on herself, OR protect, scout what move you're going to use.
Obviously protecting is a bad idea because you're a heracross and you might want to swords dance on the expected switch.

So lets assume you're banded. Not many things can switch into a banded heracoss.

Since the switch is obvious, you see potential recepients and decide to go for stone edge instead of close combat.
Well hawluncha switched in, that was a good prediction, unfortunately, the wish got it back to 100% HP and it can totally OHKO you now and get its unburden boost.
Even though you predicted flawlessly, the wishes were too powerful. You would have to be 1 step ahead of the chansey at all times to stop it from effectively healing up its team over and over which is the major flaw with it. Even if you're opponent is totally reading you, you're pretty much always safe.

I'm with Shiny Minun on Chansey's OP-ness, but more on how nearly-unbreakable it is. You HAVE to be able to do well over half to KO her with any reliability, which means that the only special attacker capable of breaking her is Keldeo while half the physical mons in the tier can't do it either.

Now, on the subject of Chansey's Wishes, I absolutely agree. I think I saw someone a page or two ago saying that 4/252+/252 is substandard for Chansey because you're neutering her Wishes. In what world is a 321 HP Wish neutered? Lemme count the Pokemon that either less than that or such a near number as to be 100% healthy that are extremely dangerous in UU (all values listed will be with 0 HP investment):

Houndoom (291 HP)
Hydreigon (325 HP)
Magnezone (281 HP)
Mienshao (271 HP)
Chandelure (261 HP)
Crawdaunt (267 HP)
Darmanitan (351 HP)
Hawlucha (297 HP)
Haxorus (293 HP)
Tornadus-T (299 HP)
Victini (341 HP)

Those are JUST the S and A+ offensive threats. You can thrash any of them to within an inch of their life on the switch, and they'll bounce right back with barely, or not at all, a scratch on them. The Hawlucha example is perfect, because a Hawlucha that's at max 26% is not nearly as threatening as one that's fully healthy.

I'm with Shiny Minun on Chansey's OP-ness, but more on how nearly-unbreakable it is. You HAVE to be able to do well over half to KO her with any reliability, which means that the only special attacker capable of breaking her is Keldeo while half the physical mons in the tier can't do it either.

Now, on the subject of Chansey's Wishes, I absolutely agree. I think I saw someone a page or two ago saying that 4/252+/252 is substandard for Chansey because you're neutering her Wishes. In what world is a 321 HP Wish neutered? Lemme count the Pokemon that either less than that or such a near number as to be 100% healthy that are extremely dangerous in UU (all values listed will be with 0 HP investment):

Houndoom (291 HP)
Hydreigon (325 HP)
Magnezone (281 HP)
Mienshao (271 HP)
Chandelure (261 HP)
Crawdaunt (267 HP)
Darmanitan (351 HP)
Hawlucha (297 HP)
Haxorus (293 HP)
Tornadus-T (299 HP)
Victini (341 HP)

Those are JUST the S and A+ offensive threats. You can thrash any of them to within an inch of their life on the switch, and they'll bounce right back with barely, or not at all, a scratch on them. The Hawlucha example is perfect, because a Hawlucha that's at max 26% is not nearly as threatening as one that's fully healthy.
List of those that like eating a BandCross CC/Stone Edge:
None
In all seriousness, Chansey isn't broken. It barely was last generation, and needs to be banned IF Knock Off is. Until then, with Taunt and Super Fang still existing, I can honestly say I do not think Chansey is broken. Unless you have perfectly perfect prediction, it cannot use Wish too well.
tl;dr: Chansey is not broken.

List of those that like eating a BandCross CC/Stone Edge:
None
In all seriousness, Chansey isn't broken. It barely was last generation, and needs to be banned IF Knock Off is. Until then, with Taunt and Super Fang still existing, I can honestly say I do not think Chansey is broken. Unless you have perfectly perfect prediction, it cannot use Wish too well.
tl;dr: Chansey is not broken.
What? Taunt at least is a decent option, but super fang is dubious quality at best, gimmicky at worst. The point is that even if you do get something offensive enough to send chansey running away, and assuming said chansey player didn't use toxic/T-wave (not sure on T-wave's viability, but worth a thought), you still have to predict the switch-in that will receive the wish, much less predict correctly in the case of a choice locked poke. The value of wish-passing isn't just bringing pokes back from near death, but also giving your switch-ins a very good likelyhood of coming in as if they were unscathed (e.g they swap in, take SR and attack damage, but then get healed by wish back to 100%).

Also as much of a monster as CB heracross is, remind me why we should be in a situtation of we must use a pokemon, rather than we can use such a viable pokemon. There's a very big difference between those two statements there.

That being said, I won't advocate for broken myself, but what you're typing is bordering on, if not the same bad fallacies that were used last time chansey came back to UU. They weren't good then and even with knock off they aren't good now.

Okay, I'll humor you, and I'll even toss in Megahorn because I'm just that nice.

Houndoom: Can't live CC, SE, or Megahorn, but DOES completely capitalize on Knock Off.
Hydreigon: 252+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 191-225 (58.7 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Magnezone: 252+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Megahorn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 139-164 (49.4 - 58.3%) -- 67.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Mienshao: 252+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mienshao: 132-155 (48.7 - 57.1%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO
Chandelure: 252+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Megahorn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chandelure: 85-100 (32.5 - 38.3%) -- 98.6% chance to 3HKO
Crawdaunt: 252+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Crawdaunt: 200-236 (74.6 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Darmanitan: 52+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Megahorn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan: 253-298 (72 - 84.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Hawlucha: 252+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Hawlucha: 221-261 (74.1 - 87.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (This is actually Heracross' BEST MOVE against Hawlucha, interestingly enough)
Haxorus: 252+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Stone Edge vs. 36 HP / 0 Def Haxorus: 191-225 (63.2 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Tornadus-T: 252+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Tornadus-T: 210-247 (70.2 - 82.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Victini: 252+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Victini: 156-185 (45.7 - 54.2%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO

These are all Pokemon that can take one or more of Heracross' attacks comfortably (obviously Chandelure isn't worried about Close Combat, Hawlucha/Tornadus-T take the same from Megahorn as they do from Close Combat, etc.), some of them without hazards, some of them with, but those are all the best moves that Heracross has against them that isn't an outright OHKO, which is all you need, considering Chansey's Wish with even a modicum of HP investment brings them back from 1 HP to full. So you literally have to have "perfectly perfect prediction" to effectively KO these Pokemon with Chansey's Wish support. Chansey can be beaten, I've been doing it all this generation, but she's unhealthy as fuck for the metagame and she needs to go.

Trying to change the subject of the discussion right now.

I'd like to introduce you to core that's been pretty effective. I've been toying around with this for the past few days and it works pretty good.

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 132 SAtk / 124 Spd
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Durant @ Choice Band
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

This just works wonders. Ampharos is the Special attacker of the two, shitting just about on every physical wall in the tier. It has that sky-high 165 Base Spa and nice 90/105/110 bulk which sort-of negates the low speed stat Amphy has been burdened with. Durant, on the other hand, hit like a litteral truck to decimate Ampharos' counters (Florges is a clean OHKO, and Superpower does around ~67% damage to Chansey) and resists just about everything Amphy is weak to, aside from Ground. Just be careful with switching him in on Special Attacks however. In return, Amphy resists the Fire Weakness after Megavolving and can bring Durant in after a slow Volt Switch. Also Durant is immune to Toxic while Amphy is immune to Twave. This core does struggle somewhat with Ground moves however.

Escavalier is also a good option but is slow, however. It does get Knock Off though and is immune to powder moves. And it could be run on a TR team

Trying to change the subject of the discussion right now.

I'd like to introduce you to core that's been pretty effective. I've been toying around with this for the past few days and it works pretty good.

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 132 SAtk / 124 Spd
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Durant @ Choice Band
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

This just works wonders. Ampharos is the Special attacker of the two, shitting just about on every physical wall in the tier. It has that sky-high 165 Base Spa and nice 90/105/110 bulk which sort-of negates the low speed stat Amphy has been burdened with. Durant, on the other hand, hit like a litteral truck to decimate Ampharos' counters (Florges is a clean OHKO, and Superpower does around ~67% damage to Chansey) and resists just about everything Amphy is weak to, aside from Ground. Just be careful with switching him in on Special Attacks however. In return, Amphy resists the Fire Weakness after Megavolving and can bring Durant in after a slow Volt Switch. Also Durant is immune to Toxic while Amphy is immune to Twave. This core does struggle somewhat with Ground moves however.

Escavalier is also a good option but is slow, however. It does get Knock Off though and is immune to powder moves. And it could be run on a TR team
this is a good core, one nitpick though; i would use hustle over swarm on durant. misses are terrible, but hustle lets him do amazing things like 2hko incoming mega aggrons with superpower after only a bit of prior damage. you do have ampharos but with hustle ant can nearly break some stall teams just by itself barring hax. just my opinion though.

edit @ below: yeah you definitely should use rock slide over stone miss if you use hustle forgot to mention that

Last edited:
this is a good core, one nitpick though; i would use hustle over swarm on durant. misses are terrible, but hustle lets him do amazing things like 2hko incoming mega aggrons with superpower after only a bit of prior damage. you do have ampharos but with hustle ant can nearly break some stall teams just by itself barring hax. just my opinion though.
Yea you do have a point. but I just prefer consitency > power because 1 hit and 1 miss is worse than 2 less powerfull hits. Also Stone Miss will become Stone Always miss.

I don't have any experience with Mega Ampharos, but I did very briefly run Hone Claws Durant. What's so neat about that is between Hustle and +1 Attack, he's effectively running a very slightly buffed Swords Dance (2.25x Attack) without an ability since the accuracy boost makes up for the Hustle drop. Stone Edge actually ends up with a very usable 85% accuracy after a Hone Claws (Rock Slide gets perfect accuracy), though it's a nearly unusable 64% before it, and Durant's utterly abysmal special bulk makes setting up extraordinarily difficult.

I don't have any experience with Mega Ampharos, but I did very briefly run Hone Claws Durant. What's so neat about that is between Hustle and +1 Attack, he's effectively running a very slightly buffed Swords Dance (2.25x Attack) without an ability since the accuracy boost makes up for the Hustle drop. Stone Edge actually ends up with a very usable 85% accuracy after a Hone Claws (Rock Slide gets perfect accuracy), though it's a nearly unusable 64% before it, and Durant's utterly abysmal special bulk makes setting up extraordinarily difficult.
Despite the fact that it isn't a UU battle, let me direct you to a battle video: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-85281511
Note my opponent calling Durant a "demonic little ant".
Durant is absurdly powerful after a Hone Claws, pretty fast too, and setting up is pretty easy due to its great defensive typing and good physical bulk. A problem is its special frailty, as 58/48 isn't very good. It also has 4MSS, having to choose between Superpower for Steels or Stone Edge for Fire-types. Or it could forgo X-Scissor, which I think is the best option.

NP houndoom can use taunt, keldeo has secret sword, calm minders usually have substitute/rest/heal bell, electric types have volt switch, knock off is used on pratically every team, there are like 5 fighting types with 120+ attack and 100+ STAB fighting moves... is this the metagame where chansey is unbreakable?

NP houndoom can use taunt, keldeo has secret sword, calm minders usually have substitute/rest/heal bell, electric types have volt switch, knock off is used on pratically every team, there are like 5 fighting types with 120+ attack and 100+ STAB fighting moves... is this the metagame where chansey is unbreakable?
The whole point to playing Chansey or anything Eviolite-dependent is to find and KO the Knock Off user first.

And she can wish pass to every single one of their counters. Are you telling me you've manage to make a team where all 6 members can either fast taunt and not get killed by seismic tosses, or 2HKO chansey outright?

I mean knock off exists but that does not really solve the problem, Chansey is still a decent special wall without it. And still more bulky than any other wish cleric in the tier without eviolite.

I am suprised that Porygon2 is trashed like that. Even before the intruduction of Eviolith it was a great wall/tank and now it is just a "gimmick".

I'd like to discuss this very unconventional Hawlucha set:
Hawlucha (F) @ Dread Plate
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 52 Spd / 252 Atk / 204 HP
Adamant Nature
- Fling
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Swords Dance

Ok, so this set is really good. You now auto activate Unburden whenever you want and have a 90 Dark-type move to nail the opposing Ghosts standing in the way of your sweep:
+2 252+ Atk Dread Plate Hawlucha Fling (90 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chandelure: 446-526 (170.8 - 201.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Dread Plate Hawlucha Fling (90 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Jellicent: 368-434 (91 - 107.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock'
+2 252+ Atk Dread Plate Hawlucha Fling (90 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 276-326 (70 - 82.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Dread Plate Hawlucha Fling (90 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Cofagrigus: 296-350 (92.5 - 109.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
This set lacks recovery yes, but when does Hawlucha even have the chance to Roost? It isn't even bulky, I don't see the purpose. The EVs are all itn eeds to outspeed Scarf Noivern, which is enough because apparently that's a thing. 252 is a huge fucking waste, don't run that! Run enough to outspeed any Scarfers you need to! For instance, if for whatever reason you have an issue with Choice Scarf Jolteon, then run 96 Spe EVs, I don't know why you'd need too, but I guess it can be useful? This has so much more bulk, for instance:
252 SpA Chandelure Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Hawlucha: 283-334 (94.9 - 112%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Chandelure Fire Blast vs. 204 HP / 0 SpD Hawlucha: 283-334 (81.3 - 95.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
This is larger than you'd think, as Hawlucha doesn't often come out early on, so Hazards can be removed and it is very often it will come in, only to have Chandelure switch in, then you can survive the Fire Blast and just Fling it into tomorrow! This set is very effective, I recommend trying it!
I remember fooling around with a Tornadus like this in the Battle Subway, and it worked okay. I might use again in UU..

Part of my problem is that she is specially unbreakable. We don't have Lucario's +2 STAB Aura Sphere in UU. There is no Pokemon that can reliably 2HKO her specially. Keldeo does not count because Secret Sword is essentially a physical attack. I hesitate to mention Psyshock users because most users require upwards of 2 boosts to 2HKO with what is, again, essentially a physical attack, and one that is still pretty limited in distribution.

No other special wall can claim this. Giratina, Lugia, and Ho-oh, the next specially bulkiest Pokemon in the game after the blobs, all go down after enough punishment. But Chansey is simply too bulky for UU power level; she's worth 15 Raditz when the rest of the tier is putting out at best 5.

she's worth 15 Raditz when the rest of the tier is putting out at best 5.
truth

Florges would replace Chansey in most ways, plus it doesn't rely on Toxic. Whether or not it's broken is different, this isn't gen 5. Just because "it's technically a physical move" that shouldn't mean it doesn't count, it beats Chansey and that's what matters.

It's still one of only a handful of special attackers that can get by Chansey. I don't want to sound like I'm advocating the death of stall, but like I said earlier Chansey is the only special wall in the game that is effectively unbreakable in her tier. Every other wall in every other tier can be beaten with good play. Chansey cannot, you cannot "outskill" Chansey.

The whole point to playing Chansey or anything Eviolite-dependent is to find and KO the Knock Off user first.
yeah? and if the knock off user is a bulky poke like mew or alomomola? and what if it is a poke that chansey was supposed to counter like torn-t or azelf? what if there are more than one knock off user?

And she can wish pass to every single one of their counters. Are you telling me you've manage to make a team where all 6 members can either fast taunt and not get killed by seismic tosses, or 2HKO chansey outright?

I mean knock off exists but that does not really solve the problem, Chansey is still a decent special wall without it. And still more bulky than any other wish cleric in the tier without eviolite.
i think you've not used chansey much. chansey is the most pressured pokemon in the whole metagame, being forced to take A LOOOOT of attacks, being vulnerable to every hazard and lacking leftovers. furthermore, i think like half of the special attackers that cannot directly beat chansey, have u-turn/volt switch. i'll try to explain it with some common ladder situations i've experienced when i used chansey:

1) foe's magnezone is facing my suicune and stealth rock is on both fields; i can be dumb and send something like zygarde, risking losing a pokemon for free, i can be even dumber and let your suicune in, or i can do the "safe" move going to my 100% chansey (actually chansey is NEVER at 100%, but lets assume it); magnezone uses volt switch: now i am at 58%, while the foe sends something like mienshao to harass my team; next time magnezone comes, it will 2HKO chansey with thunderbolt.

2) my mega aggron is sitting at 30%, and i need to wish it using chansey. i wait for the foe to send an offensively null pokemon like alomomola, and i send chansey against it. i use wish, alomomola uses knock off. ok, i healed my mega aggron, but now chansey takes 60% from a +2 fire blast from mega houndoom.

3) again, stealth rock on both fields. foe's is fielding specs hydreigon against my physically defensive mew, so i send chansey as he uses draco meteor for 25% damage. now, he'll switch to a heracross. i have wish + protect, and go for wish in the first turn. if i use protect to heal chansey back to 100%, he can use swords dance and kill 3-4 pokemons from my team. if i send something like zapdos to take the close combat/megahorn/knock off and receive the wish and leave it unscathed, i'm risking receiving a CB stone edge OHKOing my zapdos resulting in a dead zapdos and a chansey at 56% HP. if i let chansey stay in and use toxic, i'm risking heracross using close combat and then the the foe sweeps me with manectric or draco meteor me as i have no option for shielding it.

do you understand now? using chansey is very hard and it envolves a lot of risks, and not to mention that some teams have 3-4 special attackers with the intent of overpowering chansey, etc. it's not a broken pokemon

Part of my problem is that she is specially unbreakable. We don't have Lucario's +2 STAB Aura Sphere in UU. There is no Pokemon that can reliably 2HKO her specially. Keldeo does not count because Secret Sword is essentially a physical attack. I hesitate to mention Psyshock users because most users require upwards of 2 boosts to 2HKO with what is, again, essentially a physical attack, and one that is still pretty limited in distribution.

No other special wall can claim this. Giratina, Lugia, and Ho-oh, the next specially bulkiest Pokemon in the game after the blobs, all go down after enough punishment. But Chansey is simply too bulky for UU power level; she's worth 15 Raditz when the rest of the tier is putting out at best 5.
well, yeah, chansey is an extremely hard pokémon to OHKO... so what? there are many ways to tactically defeat chansey, which i already mentioned. curse registeel is also an extremely hard pokémon to OHKO, so is shuckle, etc. you're mistaking "unbreakable" for "unOHKOable"

yeah? and if the knock off user is a bulky poke like mew or alomomola? and what if it is a poke that chansey was supposed to counter like torn-t or azelf? what if there are more than one knock off user?

i think you've not used chansey much. chansey is the most pressured pokemon in the whole metagame, being forced to take A LOOOOT of attacks, being vulnerable to every hazard and lacking leftovers. furthermore, i think like half of the special attackers that cannot directly beat chansey, have u-turn/volt switch. i'll try to explain it with some common ladder situations i've experienced when i used chansey:
You're right, I haven't used Chansey at all. (on my OU teams)

Chansey is the most pressured pokemon in all of UU? I don't believe you.

There are very few special attackers that can pressure here, and even most physical attackers can't do more than 60% unless they're banded. I've found myself just healing on a physical attacker to see what it would lock itself into, often times predicting my switch, I'd gain HP rather than lose it. That's just silly playing on my part and maybe its unsafe but honestly taking 10% to scout on Chansey is no big deal, so long as the opponent does not run knock off, but knock off users are all noted and kind of pressure Chansey. I say that knowing full well that, Torn-T can't deal with an itemless Chansey unless it carries superpower and even if it does, it needs to be fully invested in physical attack to be able to still do over 50% to Chansey on the second superpower.

They key things that pressure chance are very limited, the list of things that threaten Chansey is even less. And since to make a balanced team one must have defensive pokemon these days, this always leaves openings for Chansey. Yes chansey does take a lot of attacks and does not have leftovers to patch up passively but she barely needs it, heck you could run leftovers instead and still have a wish cleric with superior bulk to florges AND Umbreon on both sides. (mistake in calcs, shes not more physically bulky than umbreon.) Not to mention the ability makes her a goddess of the class, able to soak up status her self on a pivot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)