np: XY UU Stage 3 - Calling [Diggersby: BL, Next: Scolipede]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
my loyal subjects,,,

the time has finally come to say goodbye to three of our brothers who have moved up to bigger and (not really) better things: heracross, mew, and slowbro have all risen out of the haven that is UU to play with the big boys in OU. they have answered the calling.

in return, the land of OU has returned to us the stolen pocket monsters which go by the names of: vaporeon, smeargle, quagsire, and espeon. in addition, they have compensated our temporary loss with the gift of two brand new pocket monsters to add to our ranks: diancie and togekiss.

magnezone has also risen and in return, scolipede will be given a chance to rejoin the ranks of UU, as it has dropped back into the land of BL.

go forth and play with your new toys,,,

(title and song subject to change if i think of something better later)

I really think Togekiss is a nice addition to the tier, having a defogger, a cleric, and a great Hydrei answer all in one is a pretty cool thing. Granted, they're all gonna start running Flash Cannon now for it and Diancie (who will also be pretty annoying), but I think both additions will be pretty viable. But then again, we have NastyPass Togekiss, so we'll see.

nice first loki...

The return of the Smeargle smash-pass leads, how I have not missed thee.

The loss of bro and cross are gonna hurt like hell, seeing how defining they were.

Suicune will most certainly rise in play, while slowking can rule in hell, while slowbro serves in heaven (you're pretty messed up if you consider OU heaven, and UU hell tho).

This could have the feel of an all-new tier tbh. UU fo life.

(Koko, espy wasn't really stolen, hasn't even been uu since one part of BW) :)
Slowbro is gone! No more mindless Slowbro/Blissey cores!

Quagsire is nice to have back, as an answer to most relevant set-up sweepers (is CM celebi common?)
Anyway, Espeon and Togekiss stand out the most, as Togekiss can fill many roles (Hydreigon check not named Florges? Yes please!)
Espy can do those lead sets (among others)
(Yes i use scarf espeon)
As for what enjoys things rising
Celebi really enjoys heracross going, probably was most relevant bug
Lucario can now run Ice Punch over Crunch with less worry, as the only big target Crunch hits is Chandelure, since Slowbro is gone.

I can't wait to test Smeargle (and, eventually, Scolipede). Quick Baton Pass teams would be so godly with Haxorus, Lucario, Espeon and many more in the tier, despite Quagsire's existence (Mold Breaker and Stored Power beat it anyway).

Nasty Pass Togekiss sounds fun too. Can't wait to get flinched to death before a +2 Infernape cleans up the rest.

Last edited:
Work Up Combusken + Espeon let's go~~

Honestly, as a general statement, the shifts definitely suggest that UU is leaving it's Bulky Offense / Balance style domination and move toward Hazard-stacking since UU lost a good defogger and gained a decent defogger that provides offensive teams with utility.

Work Up Combusken + Espeon let's go~~

Honestly, as a general statement, the shifts definitely suggest that UU is leaving it's Bulky Offense / Balance style domination and move toward Hazard-stacking since UU lost a good defogger and gained a decent defogger that provides offensive teams with utility.
HO will definitely be in the limelight. I doubt hazzards stacking would be all that effective with Crobat and Toise in the tier, but Mew and Heracross leaving helps T.spikes teams tremendously (Former can freely defog in Roserade's face due to Poison preventing sleep, the latter punishes status in general). T.spikes teams with not just 1 but 2 flinching machines? Sounds fun.

Last edited:
is anyone actually going to consider freeing scolipede ._. mag has a better chance of surviving his re-test imo

stall has obtained a couple of massive boosts: quagsire is the perfect answer to setup sweepers, and offense has lost one of their best stallbreakers in heracross. losing slowbro and mew sucks, but hopefully things like slowking can retake the mantle.

togekiss will be fun. diancie too.

also who's up for trolling RU by making diancie drop in the next shift so they get mega diancie by the time ORAS comes around

dingbat

snek
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I guess i'm partially responsible for the loss of mew since DAMN it's actually fucking legit in OU. But deep inside, I'm weeping dearly for the loss of Heracross b/c... Well, I had so many great memories with it lol

Anyways, I'm really curious with how Espeon will fare in its new home now that it... sucks in OU. Although offensively it may be inferior to Zam, it still has some fantastic traits going for it such as its speed tier over threats like Ape and Mienshao. Imho, Espeon's not gonna be anywhere near a top threat unlike Togekiss or many of the remaining ones like Dreigon or even Ape but I think it definitely has what it takes to fit into its new home.

Royalty

Confused, truth is what I choose
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Fuck smeargle but I'm really happy vaporeon and togekiss are back where they belong. Diancie is going to be really interesting as it's typing and bulk will make it a decent check to a few good types. Lack of recovery will hurt but uu has some decent wish passers.

(Koko, espy wasn't really stolen, hasn't even been uu since one part of BW) :)
Slowbro is gone! No more mindless Slowbro/Blissey cores!
Now for the Alomo/Blissey and Quag/Blissey cores!

Sort of surprised Espeon fell with the rest. Guess I really shouldn't be though, during my recent time in OU I don't think I saw more than 1 or 2.

Anyways, let the flood of Spore/Bpass Smeargles commence.

Now for the Alomo/Blissey and Quag/Blissey cores!

Sort of surprised Espeon fell with the rest. Guess I really shouldn't be though, during my recent time in OU I don't think I saw more than 1 or 2.

Anyways, let the flood of Spore/Bpass Smeargles commence.
ugh bitchfish with blissey... please don't let that become a thing

RIP BlissBro core, but with mew leaving, we just lost a real good defogger in the tier. But Im liking whats coming back to UU. Vaporeon was always my main cleric, with that amazing 130 wish passing, and scald for burns. Quagsire coming back might kill swamper's usage, Smeargle is doing nothing different, spore the first turn then set up entry hazards/baton pass boosts. Espeon seems pretty cool now that its in a less offensive tier. Diance and Togekiss are gifts. Another fairy type that isn't florges is already making the tier great, more counters to Hydreigon. Diance makes a good check to Darmanitan and can actually survive with the lack of priority in UU. Im confident the only reason Diance saw no usage in OU was Scizor. UU defiantly lost some cool stuff, but gained a hell of a lot cooler ones.

I hope when the subject of Togekiss being banned is presented, people don't just insta-ban because it's annoying. Last gen it was good, but people tended to focus too much on the strengths instead of some of the weaknesses.

*shrugs*

tbh I just need a good defogger not named zapdos since it was banned :[

Fuck smeargle but I'm really happy vaporeon and togekiss are back where they belong. Diancie is going to be really interesting as it's typing and bulk will make it a decent check to a few good types. Lack of recovery will hurt but uu has some decent wish passers.
I could actually see Blissey & a physically defensive Diancie being paired up with each other. Diancie can combat fighting types within the tier that Blissey hates to an extent.

252 Atk Reckless Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Diancie: 135-159 (44.4 - 52.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (probably not the best way to prove Diancie's worth, but I tried)

While Blissey can just Wish Diancie back up to full. It may be a nice core and it may not be a nice core, but we'll see how things pan out.

I could actually see Blissey & a physically defensive Diancie being paired up with each other. Diancie can combat fighting types within the tier that Blissey hates to an extent.

252 Atk Reckless Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Diancie: 135-159 (44.4 - 52.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (probably not the best way to prove Diancie's worth, but I tried)

While Blissey can just Wish Diancie back up to full. It may be a nice core and it may not be a nice core, but we'll see how things pan out.
Problem with that is pretty much any prior damage turns that into a guaranteed 2HKO.. So unless something dies or they don't HJK, you can't switch in safely.

...Of course, 95% of Mienshao users will click Fake Out no matter what on their first turn in.

Goodbye SD Luke, Hello NP Luke.

NP Luke will be so much better in this meta, not being cockblocked by Quagsire and Togekiss, and with mew/bro gone meaning you can afford to drop Dark pulse and carry Aura sphere.

Espy dropping is going to be a bit of an annoyance for HO teams that hazard stack, so pursuit trapping will be more important.

The most surprising shift was Espeon. It could be interesting as a faster, more powerfull BW UU Xatu. We've already seen in OU how deadly is the combo of Espeon+Scolipede so it's good one of them is temporarly BL so Espeon could be tested now seperatly. (Although Smeargle is just as deadly of a partner)
The second new comer which is possibily broken is the long-awaited Togekiss. I'm eager to put all the theorymonning into action. Nothing to be said more until then I think. Same about Diancie but she is much less potentialy broken if at all.
Quag and Vap already seen the face of UU, and actualy might even drop to RU next month imo so they are not too interesting.

Now, a few words about the departures :
Victini and Hydreigon will most likely stay meta defining threats but I wonder what will rival them as Slowbro and Cross leaving.
I was sure Alomomola (&Froslass) would have risen from RU but now Mola will surely get more usage as Bro is gone.
As Cross is gone, there is no more fear to blindly spam scalds, maybe Toxicroak could threaten it but it doesn't gain as much as Cross did.
Magnezone's departure is sad as it maybe was the most promissing of the second round of retests. Damn his Magnet Pull.

Edit : also, how come no one mentioned Gothitelle rising ? It means two things, a bit more hope for the Shadow Tag retest and the fact RU doesn't get Competitive Goth which could make it there.

Last edited:
Goodbye SD Luke, Hello NP Luke.

NP Luke will be so much better in this meta, not being cockblocked by Quagsire and Togekiss, and with mew/bro gone meaning you can afford to drop Dark pulse and carry Aura sphere.

Espy dropping is going to be a bit of an annoyance for HO teams that hazard stack, so pursuit trapping will be more important.
Espeon has baton pass to bypass pursuit so youd better be careful. The last thing you want is to click pursuit when justified luc or absol come into play. I ran it in gen V ou very easily with dual screen espeon with baton pass. Itll make set up sweepers like haxorus that much scarier imo.

I think espeon will be slightly overlooked due to newcomers toge diancie and smeargle. But just you wait, espeon will have its day!

Problem with that is pretty much any prior damage turns that into a guaranteed 2HKO.. So unless something dies or they don't HJK, you can't switch in safely.

...Of course, 95% of Mienshao users will click Fake Out no matter what on their first turn in.
That and my dumb butt forgot about Lucario being a thing that can and will destroy that core.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)