1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

NU and RU Pokemon in UU

Discussion in 'BW UU' started by Silvershadow234, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Alfalfa

Alfalfa

Charizard kills Darmanitan and Victini with Earthquake. Kingdra is not a fire type. Yes, I have tried it.
  2. SpareAacount

SpareAacount

I don't think he meant the matchup Charizard had against Darmanitan and Victini. He says they are better physical fire types than Charizard. Kingdra doesn't need the large amount of support, unlike Charizard, who has to always pack a spinner. He was trying to say that Kingdra is in general a better set-up sweeper, and that Darmanitan and Victini are better physical Fire types.
  3. DestinyUnknown

DestinyUnknown in other words...
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

SpareAacount hit the nail on the head. I was saying that Darmanitan and Victini are better as Fire-type offensive pokemon both at wallbreaking and sweeping, due to their superior stats and typing. And I mentioned Kingdra because it's a better Dragon Dance user thanks to much superior typing, both ofensively and defensively, better bulk and general versatility. Kingdra also requires much less support to work than Charizard (and Darmanitan/Victini need less support too)
  4. Joshers

Joshers

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but victreebel gets weather ball, so you can use that over HP fire for a different HP like rock or something. Also, IIRC weather ball in the sun is 100 BP? I'm not sure though.
  5. SpareAacount

SpareAacount

Yes, Victreebel gets Weather Ball, and it is 100 BP Fire attack in the Sun. But the OP has Power Whip as an attack, which is illegal with Weather Ball. Leaf Blade is an option, but it does have a huge drop in power. It's in the OP on why they picked HP Fire, so that's where they mention this.

EDIT: I was making it clear to Joshers that Victreebel cannot learn Weather Ball and Power Whip on the same moveset, because he may have thought that people forgot that Victreebel gets Weather Ball, because the OP has a mixed set with Power Whip and HP Fire.

I'll think about what I want to list later.
  6. Mazz

Mazz UU's Workhorse
    is a Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

Typically, however, if you're running Weather Ball, chances are, you're running a Special set. Do note that the analysis for Victreebel is outdated, and that upon revision would probably have only a Physical and Special set. And hell, if its that big of an issue, Leaf Blade has 30 less Base Power but has the increased Critical-hit ratio, giving it increased potential for base 180.
  7. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Just saying but you should never go physical on Victreebel. It doesn't have enough coverage to work with it. Your options should be mixed or special. With a special set and the lack of weather manipulation you will want to run Solarbeam/Weather Ball/Sludge Bomb/Growth which allows Victreebel to OHKO almost everything after rocks. However in UU you actually have some good special walls such as Snorlax so a mixed set of Leaf Blade/Weather Ball/Sludge Bomb/Growth is ideal, to KO the special walls. EVs are also easy to tailor to an ideal spread thanks to the Honkcalculator. Literally the only thing a physical set has going for it is Sucker Punch, which isnt enough when your coverage is Grass/Normal/Dark.

tl;dr, use Victreebel on Sun, its a boss; dont use physical sets, only special or mixed
  8. Silvershadow234

Silvershadow234 :]]]]]
    is a Pre-Contributor
    Mentor

Leaf Blade is certainly usable on Victreebel, and weather ball does get the 1HKO on Roserade. However, you lose out on a lot of power vs. Chandelure and Snorlax, so keep that in mind. I generally try to weaken both of these before I sweep with Victreebel(seriously, try Victreebel out, and Sawsbuck-they destroy offensive teams with ease).
  9. Silvershadow234

Silvershadow234 :]]]]]
    is a Pre-Contributor
    Mentor

Added SubWisp Rotom to the list. I'll be adding Hitmonlee and Braviary tomorrow as well, and if you have had success in the UU challenge post your sets here(as long as they are RU or NU, obviously).

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)