NU CCAT Step 4: Playtesting

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Popping in quick to also agree with Klinklang, it doesn't hurt to have a mon that can put heavy offensive pressure on the opponent with a team like this. If I can suggest one change though, I'd suggest Volt Switch over Substitute. It would be solely for momentum, since Klinklang doesn't need to be the main sweeper at all on this team with both Slowking and Swellow there. Volt Switch allows it to escape from Magneton / Slowking and switch into Camerupt or Cacturne to get up SR/Spikes/Roar/w/e.

Popping in quick to also agree with Klinklang, it doesn't hurt to have a mon that can put heavy offensive pressure on the opponent with a team like this. If I can suggest one change though, I'd suggest Volt Switch over Substitute. It would be solely for momentum, since Klinklang doesn't need to be the main sweeper at all on this team with both Slowking and Swellow there. Volt Switch allows it to escape from Magneton / Slowking and switch into Camerupt or Cacturne to get up SR/Spikes/Roar/w/e.
Seconding this. Volt Switch is definitely the better move over sub. If we're going with that, then I'll agree with Klinklang

No new sets = :( , but we must push on sometimes.
I would also like to suggest another set: SubSplit Haunter
Haunter @ Life Orb Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt/ HP Ground

Sets added to the OP, like Amarillo suggested

And so, the suggestions:
-Coil Eelektross
-Sub + 3 Attacks Haunter
-IntimiRay
-SubCharge Magneton
-Klinklang
-SubSplit Haunter

So, you have until 11:59 PM EST tomorrow. Get to it!
Obviously, I'm voting for SubSplit Haunter

Freaking real life, getting in the way with deadlines...

So here we have it, our final member is Klinklang!

We now have out completed team of:
OTR Slowking
Sub + Spikes Cacturne
Swellow
Offensive Spinner Armaldo
Camerupt
Klinklang

It's time for playtesting! How does the team work for you? Do you see any faults we missed? Do you think we should change a poke? How high did you get on the ladder with it?

For me, the team worked great during the construction step, and everything we voted on has been implemented almost seamlessly (save for Klinklang, who I've only had like 2 matches with anyways). I peaked at #18 with this team iirc, but I suck at laddering, so I'm constantly in the middle range of points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)