Resource NU Cuteability Rankings (RIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
approved by me because raseri wasnt on irc. stolen mostly shamelessly from lc.

We're gonna be ranking the cuteness of all the Pokemon in the NU metagame itc. As of right now I started with the Pokemon that are currently NU by usage. If you want to add a PU Pokemon that's listed on the NU Viability Rankings, go ahead and nominate it if it's at least C- Rank. Please don't fight in the thread because fighting is not cute. Also please don't post dumb shit, actually back up your rankings.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Cuteability Ranking Council
For more controversial cases, the viability ranking council will vote on the Pokemon's tiering.

tennisace
Hollywood
Zebraiken
Raseri

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Tier List

Without further ado, here is the initial tier list with the rough definitions of each tier (note: Pokemon are ordered alphabetically).

Reserved for Pokemon that are the cutest in the NU metagame. These Pokemon are undeniably cute, whether it is due to a quirky personality or because they are so damn squeezable. Pokemon in this tier have very few flaws that are patched up by numerous positive traits.
Seriously Cute Rank

Lanturn
Lilligant
Mesprit
Uxie

Reserved for Pokemon that are outstandingly cute in the NU metagame and are derpier, cuddlier, and fluffier than most of the tier. These Pokemon are cuter than most other Pokemon and have few flaws that can be overlooked when compared to their outstanding traits.
A-Rank

Granbull
Leafeon
Liepard
Ludicolo
Rotom
Rotom-Fan
Samurott
Slurpuff
Vileplume
Vivillon

Reserved for Pokemon who are decently cute the NU metagame. These Pokemon have more notable flaws than of those above it that prevents them from being in the same tier. Their positive traits still outshine their negatives, but they aren't quite as cute or cuddly as you would like your Pokemon to be.
B-Rank

Audino
Golurk
Gorebyss
Exeggutor
Kangaskhan
Klinklang
Jynx
Miltank
Mismagius
Pawniard
Pyroar
Sceptile
Seismitoad
Swellow
Qwilfish
Xatu

Reserved for Pokemon that are about average, in terms of cuteness, in the NU metagame, but have just as notable flaws that prevent them from being adorable. Pokemon in the C tier often have some design flaws that make them appear less huggable than those in higher tiers. C tier Pokemon tend to be outshined by other pokemon in the tier.
C-Rank

Accelgor
Archeops
Cacturne
Feraligatr
Gurdurr
Hariyama
Pangoro
Primeape
Probopass
Rhydon
Sandslash
Sawk
Torkoal
Typhlosion
Zangoose

Reserved for Pokemon that are not that cute in the NU metagame, but are decent enough to justify their existence. These Pokemon are Pokemon that you would probably still play with, but you'd rather be playing with something else.
D-Rank

Cradily
Crustle
Cryogonal
Dragalge
Electivire
Ferroseed
Kabutops
Magmortar
Muk
Regirock
Steelix
Weezing

Reserved for Pokemon that are atrocious in the NU metagame. These Pokemon have no place anywhere.
F-Rank

Armaldo
Malamar

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀​

i'll add the rest of the icons in a bit but w/e go have fun

Last edited:

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
can you guys actually post content in this thread instead of blindly calling stuff different ranks? thanks.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
-> B
How was this not added already, just look how hugable it is :[ Way more adorable than a green robot too, so they can share ranks please.
-> A Look at the cute and pretty flowers it holds up for you. Female versions also come with a skirt and it's small and you can pick it up and hug it and w/e you want and it's all green and pretty

Requesting Tangela for F

everyone ever said:
This is the greatest thread ever

-> Nicki Minaj Rank if you've seen the anaconda video you'd know jynx deserves its own ranking.
->Seriously cute rank how is this not ranked??? cutest pokemon to exist!

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You guys if stuff isn't on the list that means it isn't NU by usage, not because it isn't cute so calm down. Tennis said he may add stuff above C- on the viability ranking thread, but talking about irrelevant shit mons that are cute doesn't make sense.

On to real nominations:

This is the first picture that pops up for Audino on google image search, and hey that isn't even that bad of a picture right? Well guess what, fan art makes everything look cuter, and if this is as cute as Audino gets it should be C rank. First of all, its fat, its not pudgy in a cute way like Slurpuff, its just kind of overweight. Secondly, whats with this whole pink=cute shit, pink=try hard af to be cute but is still shitty as fuck. Finally, it reminds me of that one digimon from like season 1 idk, I was like 6 when watching it, but plagiarism isn't cool Nintendo >:|! Also lets be real its no where near as cute as any of the A or B rank mons, let alone the S rank ones. So yeah Audino sucks, its ugly.

REAL IRC LOGS:
<FLCL> audino is ugly
<galbia> Audino is ugly

Okay, Archeops isn't cute, I get that, but it by no means belongs in E rank, at least it is cool looking, and it actually has a really cool color palette. Also it is a well known facts that berds are in fact the cutest of all animals, and Archeops is just a giant rocky berd. Also,

>same rank as Malamar and Armaldo

no.

REAL IRC LOGS:
<FLCL> arhceops isnt even ugly

slayerx725232

"to sea, or not to sea" ~Melodramatic Sailor
Okay, time to discuss something that is making me sad about this.

Okay, so this is the first thing that pops up upon searching Miltank in Google Images, and that is most definitely a cute, adorable Pokemon. It's a cute pink cow (Not implying that pink automatically implies cute, but in this case it is adorable.) And have we not seen the anime from which Whitney's Miltank is used (Not sure if that is an acceptable claim, but going to throw it in there as a side note.) And asides from being adorable on levels that are nearly unfathomable, it can also pull a decent weight in the tier, being a moderately decent lead with nice Defense and moderate Special Defense. I can understand it not being S level, since it isn't quite at that level yet, but B rank is insulting to such an adorable specimen of a Pokemon. (Not to mention that Miltank is AT LEAST as cute as Vileplume.)

this is complete BS!! Slash on C rank and miltank on B ? adn to top it all rotom in A rank -_- rotom is not cute -_- neither is granbull and puff is just ew :x this needs more discussion than randomly throwing the pokes in each rank u.u

Btw this is a silly but nice idea haha good to take out your head out of the competitiveness that we inhale all the time.

EV

Banned deucer.
I don't even need to check to know these are higher than C- in PU.

This sleeping beauty is drawn in the highly cutable pink-and-purple color scheme with dainty eyelashes and dark pink beauty marks on its cheeks and forehead. It has chubby-stubby wittle wegs and sleeps in an adorable pose while delicate wisps of dream-smoke puff from its forehead in scents I can only imagine smell like rose petals and cotton candy. It doesn't look nearly as cute awake, which holds it back from being a top-ranked cutie pie, but I think it fits solidly amongst fellow B-rankers.

Of all the Eeveelutions, Flareon is by far the most cuddle-able. Just look at all that fur! Vaporeon probably feels like a seal. Jolteon sticks like needles. Iceon or whatever is too cold. Leafeon is as scratchy as dry leaves. Are there anymore? Probably not. Anyway, aside from its delectably long ears, big fat fluffy tail, and slightly pudgy haunches, Flareon is flaming cute. No doubt about it. A rank or bust.

We finally got an irrefutable Halloween Pokemon and it's ... Well, to be fair, there are two faces we need to judge here. One is a goofy grinning jack-o-lantern, which is pretty cute when its teeth aren't carved into fangs. The top is, well, a melted candle? Did its guts invert? Part of the pulp? Creepy-cute is the term I'd use on a good day. Flat out disturbing otherwise and not the face I'd want to see trick-or-treating at my door. C rank for all 4.

this is the worst cute rankings ive ever seen come on...
uxie is ugly as fuck why is it s
granbull, liepard, vileplume and vivillon are all ugly get them out of a rank. especialy vileplume that thing is atrocious why is it not e

how is a literal bunch of gears worthy of b rank? e.

->Seriously cute rank how is this not ranked??? cutest pokemon to exist!
>Seriously cute rank. They are Flareon and Glaceon. The former is so fluffy cute while latter
is so elegantly cute, they are unmatched.

-> B It's a cute,friendly turtle; only has a thick shell which makes very hard to squeeze it comfortably.
>C It has a dangerous poisonus body and an apperance which make some people uncomfortable but it is at least trying.

->D It is a clown with gross muscles and clowns are scary. Also it carries that column everywhere which is harder to hug. At least i has that cute nose, so it isn't F.

Last edited:

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
A Horrific Myth
A Horrific Myth (Japanese: おそろしい しんわ Terrible Myth) is about the lake guardians.

Look not into the Pokémon's eyes.
In but an instant, you'll have no
recollection of who you are.

Return home, but how?
When there is nothing to remember?
Dare not touch the Pokémon's body.
In but three short days, all emotions
will drain away.

Above all, above all, harm not
the Pokémon.
In a scant five days, the offender
will grow immobile in entirety.
Uxie:
Known as "The Being of Knowledge." It is said that it can wipe out the memory of those who see its eyes.
Awww, Uxie and Mesprit can wipe out a part of your spirit at a mere whim! That's so kawaii~~

Last edited:
The fact that Camerupt is not ranked is preposterous. A-rank at the least.

I mean have you SEEN it's droopy eyes and gentle stature. It's truly a gentle giant, and it deserves recognition as an ultra cutemon here in NU. I'm almost offended.

And why are Xatu and Qwilfish in B-rank no where near cute enough imo above cuties like Sandslash.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Whoever put Granbull in A was high, those jaws are not cute at all who tf cares that it's pink. Not to mention it has INTIMIDATE wow that makes sense. C at best n.n

Zodiax

not this
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
If I had it my way Gourgeist was would be Seriously Cute

Gourgeist is not only cute but its adorable and people just look at the ghost-type and forget its a cute grass-type also. If Gourgeist were to be on the list I think an A or B rank is suitable. (Even though I do love the pokemon there are some other cute NU pokemon)

But one thing I do want to see moved up is Audino!

I don't know how to change dimensions so sorry if the picture seems a bit big :(
But Audino is one of those pokemon where you look at it and go "D'awww" because its super cute! If it were to be moved up it would have to be at least an A rank (I mean just look at those eyes) but its super cute and should be an A rank!

Punchshroom

Gourgeist Dex Entries:

X: Singing in eerie voices, they wander town streets on the night of the new moon. Anyone who hears their song is cursed.

Y: It enwraps its prey in its hairlike arms. It sings joyfully as it observes the suffering of its prey.

Maybe you guys should read your goddamn Dex Entries before nomming shit.

Although not used enough for NU, Glaceon is like extreeeeeeeeemely cute!! <3 Give Glaceon S rank and demote Uxie. Also Ninetales, HOT DAMN cute.

I don't get how Rotom Fan can be in A.
It is just a creepy fan with glowing eyes and mouth.
It is nor derpy, cuddly,or fluffy in any way. Drop it imo

• Slurpuff is a fucking abomination of a Pokemon and should be moved to D. That tongue, that droopy face... disgusting. http://th04.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/356/9/4/slurpuff_by_theangryaron-d6yvz39.png <--- Like seriously that is some nightmare-fueled shit right there.
  • Uxie is S...................................... that thing is so ugly. All wrinkly and gross and bleh. It deserves C and I'm being generous.
  • Rotom-F and Vileplume could also probably drop a rank, not that cute.
  • Probopass needs to go down to D, so ugly it's not even funny.
  • Dragalge probably fits better in C. Not as ugly as some of the stuff down there, and cuter than crap like Sawk lol.
  • Typhlosion could also go to B, again just seems cuter than most of the stuff in C.
  • Maybe drop Mespirit, not as cute as Lanturn and Lilligant.

Punchshroom

Glaceon Dex Entry:
As a protective technique, it can completely freeze its fur to make its hairs stand like needles.
=

Now I'm not saying porcupines aren't cute, but less on the cuddly side don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)