Resource NU Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! Welcome to the NU tier, the lowest tier in standard play. Like any subforum, the NU forum has rules, and if you don't follow these rules at least to an extent, you will recieve an infraction.

To start off, pretty much any rule that applies in the other subforums and on Smogon in general should apply here, however there are some specific rules that i'd either like to highlight or are exclusive to this tier.

You can find a list of all NU Pokemon here.

1) please ask an NU moderator before making a discussion thread:

I'd really like all of you to get approval from an NU moderator before creating a discussion thread. New ideas are nice, but it's usually a good idea to check in with a forum moderator before impulsively posting something that's of low quality, too similar to another project, or anything of the like. NU forum Moderators should be happy to help out with new discussions, and even if an idea isn't initially approved they might be able to help out with your thread to make it a bit more presentable before you post, which is good for you, us, and the people who will post in the thread in the future.

Currently the moderators of the NU forum are:

Raseri
Zebraiken
Montsegur
marilli

2) do not make discussion threads about specific Pokemon:

One of the first types of threads that usually pops up in these new forums are threads about specific Pokemon. I dislike these kind of threads, they die fast and really clutter up the forum. If you want to discuss a specific pokemon in detail, try on IRC, the Pokemon Showdown room, or in the np thread.

Last edited:
Come by our synirc channel #neverused to participate in real time discussion with other people that are in to the metagame! You can connect to #neverused on mibbit by clicking here.

IRC not your thing? We also have a very active room on Pokemon Showdown! You can find people chatting in the neverused room almost all hours of the day! If you have questions or want to get involved in the community, talking in real time is by far the best way to get involved. We have a lot of very friendly staff that are willing to show you the ropes as well! You can visit us on PS by clicking here.

We have many ways to learn and get involved in NU, here is a list of projects that are currently being ran!

Learn!

[thread=np-stage-3-9-9-problems-suspect-test-over-read-post-221.3522559/]NP Thread Stage 3[/thread]
[thread=oras-nu-teambuilding-compilation.3523819/]ORAS NU Teambuilding Compilation[/thread]
[thread=oras-nu-viability-rankings.3523692/]ORAS Viability Rankings[/thread]
[thread=good-cores-in-oras-nu.3523695/]Good Cores Thread[/thread]
Sample Teams
Tour Usage Stats
Replay Archive
Speed Tiers

Participate!

Creative Movesets
[thread=counter-that-threat-mk-iii-week-1-cb-pangoro.3523498/]Counter that Threat[/thread]

Tournaments

[thread=battle-of-the-week-week-13-nominations.3521849/]Battle Of the Week[/thread]

If that isn't quite enough, here is a list of all NU Mentors, all of whom are willing to help integrate new people into the tier.

Raseri
Zebraiken
scorpdestroyer
Soulgazer
Brawlfest
Hollywood
tennisace
xzern
Montsegur

If you're an official mentor that is involved in NU that I've forgotten, PM me and I'll add you to the list!

List of Associated Social Media Accounts
Raseri's Twitter
scorpdestroyer's Twitter
Montsegur's Twitter

If you want your Social Media account to be featured here, just make sure it is primarily focusing on NU, and then just ask me and I'll add it![/thread]

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright I believe this thread is fully updated again. In the future this will serve as a sort of News Room (NU's room?) as well, for me to tell you all the cool things going on.

To start things off, I'd like to welcome Montsegur and Soulgazer to the NU Mod team. They'll be helping me and Zeb manage things around here, so if you've got questions you can ask them as well!

Also if you want more updates for NU things, check out scorpdestroyer's Twitter!

gimmelikes

Last edited:

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Read up on some of the tiers most notable players in the Player of the Week!

Player of the Week:
  1. [thread=player-of-the-week-1-raseri.3513114/]raseri[/thread]
  2. [thread=player-of-the-week-2-flcl.3513696/]FLCL[/thread]
  3. [thread=player-of-the-week-3-quite-quiet.3514322/]Quite Quiet[/thread]
  4. [thread=player-of-the-week-4-zebraiken.3515314/]Zebraiken[/thread]
  5. [thread=player-of-the-week-5-soulgazer.3515826/]Soulgazer[/thread]
  6. [thread=player-of-the-week-6-hollywood.3516518/]Hollywood[/thread]
  7. [thread=player-of-the-week-7-iteddeh.3517187/]iTeddeh[/thread]
  8. [thread=player-of-the-week-8-aladyyn.3517759/]Aladyyn[/thread]
  9. [thread=player-of-the-week-9-versace-python-cased.3518311/]Verace Python Cased[/thread]
  10. [thread=player-of-the-week-10-brawlfest.3518639/]brawlfest[/thread]
  11. [thread=player-of-the-week-11-montsegur.3519359/]Montsegur[/thread]
  12. [thread=player-of-the-week-12-queenofluvdiscs.3519848/]QueenofLuvdiscs[/thread]
  13. [thread=player-of-the-week-13-tennisace.3520415/]tennisace[/thread]
  14. [thread=player-of-the-week-14-deej-dy.3521035/]Deej Dy[/thread]
  15. [thread=player-of-the-week-15-scorpdestroyer.3521977/]scorpdestroyer[/thread]
  16. [thread=player-of-the-week-16-punchshroom.3523019/]punchshroom[/thread]
  17. [thread=player-of-the-week-17-dat-blast.3523567/]Dat Blast[/thread]
  18. [thread=player-of-the-week-18-marilli.3524135/]marilli[/thread]
  19. [thread=player-of-the-week-19-thecanadianwifier.3527870/]TheCanadianWifier[/thread]
  20. [thread=player-of-the-week-20-iplaytennislol.3528600/]iplaytennislol[/thread]

Last edited:

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Alright I believe I've updated this with all relevant projects, if I missed one that is currently going on please VM me and I will add it.

I also made a twitter and added that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)