Resource ORAS NU Sample Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Approved by Raseri and Zebraiken.
Taking over Jonater.
Thanks Typhlito for the banner!

NU Sample Teams

Teams to get into NU. Feel free to post your good teams, but keep in mind that I will be strict and will only add the teams that I believe are good enough to be sample teams. Don't forget to add descriptions of your team with atleast one paragraph and an importable.

Please PM me a pastebin of your team with really short paragraphs (heck, one line per Pokemon works) so that I can approve them before you post. Will me approving your team to be posted mean that it will immediately be a Sample Team? No. The goal of this is to at least clean up and stop teams with huge glaring weaknesses and issues to be posted. What I want in this thread is good teams that have been working for a while that you guys want to share with new players. This is not a thread to dump your teams as you build them (I might be exagerating there, but eh).

ORAS NU is stable enough now! You can now PM me your teams that you would like to share here :)

Last edited:

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
hello the ORAS NU metagame is somewhat stable now.

If you want to share a team or two in Sample Teams, you can PM me on forums, PS!, or IRC with a pastebin of the teams and 2-3 lines about how the team work. We are doing this because I only want above average teams in here. Only PM me teams that you used a lot and that you are sure that its good btw.

If I approve the team you will be allowed to post it in here. If you post a team without PMing me about it your post will be deleted.

edit: your teams don't need to be like AMAZING, but good enough so that new players can pick it and do decently well on the ladder.

Approved by Soulgazer

upload_2014-12-6_15-32-54.png
upload_2014-12-6_15-33-5.png
upload_2014-12-6_15-33-15.png
upload_2014-12-6_15-33-44.png
upload_2014-12-6_15-33-56.png
upload_2014-12-6_15-34-11.png

Bulky Spikes-Stacking Offense

Standard Spikes-stacking bulky offense with a twist. I wanted to use Huntail because it got compatibility with Shell Smash and Sucker Punch which is cool. Klinklang is a really good partner with Huntail because Huntail baits in a lot of Klinklang's counters and bops them with either Waterfall or HP grass, allowing Klinklang to clean up. Garbodor is still really good and provides Spikes and T-spikes as well as a check to physical attackers w/ aftermath + rocky helmet. Piloswine is the main rocks setter because it beats M-Glalie which usually takes a shit on bulky offense. Mismag protects hazards and Kecleon is a nice specially bulky pivot and sort of revenge killer because the team is really slow.

http://pastebin.com/0ZNaVzzE

Last edited:

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Explosion

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Kricketune @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Taunt
- Endeavor
- Knock Off

Seismitoad @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power
- Hydro Pump

Archeops
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Roost
sticky web with glalie

Approved by Soulgazer

This looks like a balanced team but should be played more like offense. Anyway I realised Mega Glalie's sheer wall breaking but found it hard to fit it on Hyper Offense. One thing I noticed was that this thing loved spikes. So I fell back on simple but effective hazard stacking core of Seismitoad + Garbodor. Seismitoad acts as a sponge, cruial fire resist and provides with early momentum due to its typing over stealth rockers. Rocky Helmet Garbodor acts an emergency check to various physical attackers in the tier like granbull, gurdurr and uses them as spikes bait. A spin blocker was pretty much mandatory so I added scarf Rotom which gives me much needed momentum compared to Mismagius. With Mesprit, Xatu and Uxie everywhere, a dark or even a Psychic check is really necessary in the meta. Pangoro was added to patch up my Psychic weakness and really break down stall. A simple Taunt SD set with Lum berry shits on stuff like Ferroseed which would otherwise sets up spikes against most of my team. I realised I was weak to Special water types so I added the really underrated Serperior. After Sceptile's departure, serperior provides much needed speed and the Sub-CM set is amazing with T-spikes Garbodor provides. Note that Serperior is kinda weak before few boosts so sent it on things like Prinplup to make Kiyo cry.
The reason that this team works decently because with Rotom and Glalie, flying types are really pressured hence making Pangoro and Serperior's job a lot easier. This team is kinda weak to Fire Spam but as long as you get your rocks up they should be manageable.

http://pastebin.com/wSfAakYK

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)