Resource NU Sample Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
if i may, ive used the CB primeape voltturn team, and max satk pelipper was pretty bad for it :x did much better with the specially defensive spread. the team really struggles with fire-types (even with sdef) but at least you can pivot in on them while mostly avoiding the 2HKO from typhlosion

if i may, ive used the CB primeape voltturn team, and max satk pelipper was pretty bad for it :x did much better with the specially defensive spread. the team really struggles with fire-types (even with sdef) but at least you can pivot in on them while mostly avoiding the 2HKO from typhlosion
In all honesty when i decided to use max special attack, i just wanted to use it for fun reasons. Max spdef is probably the better set, but i built it for my own enjoyment n_n

I've used a balance very similar to teddeh's and I had Primape + Nasty Plot Liepard which work incredibly well in tandem. Liepard serves as a cool win condition with a 80 bp special priority (copycat) and kinda wrecks offense. Also both have similar checks in Granbull, Mawile etc. Plus Mesprit works well over Xatu by giving you healing wish and some speed. Fun team overall ^.^

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Deleted all the teams in preparation for the new meta and because almost all of them had Seismitoad xd

This is closed for now till the meta stabilizes a bit.

Orphic

perhaps
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Approved by Blastral

Wow okay so this thread has been dead for ages naturally and I thought I'd kick things off again with a very strong team I've been using. This team got #2 on the ladder but I didn't save the peak evidence so I figured this would be a better place to share it with everyone. This team is a Floatzel + Kangaskhan hazard stack bulky offense. Sorry it doesn't include the new drops, but it works in the current meta. Floatzel is typically physical and the Life Orb Hydro Pumps catch a lot of it's physical checks off guard like Weezing, and with hazards from Garbodor and Uxie, Floatzel can use it's speed late game to plow through teams. The same goes for Kangaskhan, it's Silk Scarf Double Edges are not anything to laugh at, especially after hazards and chip damage from Volt Switches and U-turns from the semi-voltturn mini core those two provide. Kanga can use its bulk to destroy mons early game and it's priority for late game and more of that important chip damage. Floatzel provides good coverage for mons like Regirock and Rhydon which switch easily into Kangaskhan. As stated, Garbodor does as it does best, lays hazards and wears down physical attackers. Rotom provides great momentum for Kangaskhan and Floatzel and helps wear the opposing team down with hazards. Support Uxie can T-Wave threats to slow them down and make them more vulnerable to Kangaskhan, and provide slow U-turns for momentum against other fast mons. I've also slashed Yawn with Thunder Wave if you find you're having trouble with mons like Rhydon and Magneton. Malamar provides a great glue for this team and acts as another fine late game sweeper, setting up on mons like Ferroseed and Cradily you may not have necessarily cleared with the rest of the team. This team struggles slightly with Quagsire but if you

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Taunt/Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Kangaskhan (F) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Drain Punch
- Toxic Spikes

Uxie @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpA / 200 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave/Yawn

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball

Malamar @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)