NU Senate updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey there.

Upon request from the entirety of the NU Senate, NU will be adopting a two-party suspecting system in order to promote activity on the ladder, forums, and on the IRC channel (#neverused). This two-party system will consist of a semi-permanent Senate, as well as a selection of non-Senate members. While similar to the new RU Senate, there will be several key differences between the two, primarily during the selection of the rotating council. These members will be chosen to vote due to their performance on ladder and the quality of their posts/discussion on the forums and IRC, rather than simply limiting it to ladder performance. This decision has been made for two reasons; firstly because we're trying to encourage participation in the community rather than simply duking it out on the ladder, and secondly because we're in the middle of a transition from PO to PS!, and relying solely on the ladder will probably lead to a lot of bitching that I don't want to deal with.

The only other key difference is that the amount of members who will be on the rotating council will not be a static number. This prevents the NU Senate from having to select members to simply 'fill a quota'; rather, it allows us to stick to selecting those that have earned it. Think of it like this: if you have put in the effort to earn a spot on the rotating council, you will more than likely be able to vote. An alt identification thread will be posted at a date that has yet to be determined, probably sometime later this month. The #1 non-Senate player on the PO ladder (this may change depending on when the ladder on PS! is fixed) will be automatically inducted into the rotating council; any others will be selected based on their ladder performance and forum/irc presence.

Chairman: Zebraiken
Member: Raseri
Member: FLCL
Member: EBeast
Member: Annoyer

A big thanks to Amarillo, cbb, Django, and DTC for serving the Senate at various times up until this point.

Non-Senate voters will receive the Tiering Contributor Badge
after they have reached 8 total tier-related votes across all tiers and generations. The non-Senate seats are repeatable each round.

The rotating council will be selected before suspect discussions to prevent bias at a later date. I'll post again in this thread when the date has been selected. If you have any further qualms with how the NU Senate will be run, shoot me a PM. Thanks!

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Going to use this post as an archive of all suspect votes post-Senate update.

(NU Stage 5) Suspect threads - Overall discussion, Amoonguss, Cinccino, Zangoose

key; dnb = do not ban, ban = ban, abs = abstain

Code:
[U]Amoonguss[/U]     [u]Cinccino[/u]      [u]Zangoose[/u]    [u]Voters[/u] ([i]rotating[/i])
   dnb          dnb           dnb       Zebraiken
   dnb          dnb           ban       DTC
   dnb          dnb           dnb       Amarillo
   dnb          dnb           ban       Raseri
   abs          dnb           dnb       Django
   dnb          dnb           dnb       CrashinBoomBang
   dnb          dnb           dnb       FLCL
   dnb          dnb           dnb       [I]Keiran[/I]
   dnb          dnb           dnb       [I]ChaoticaMortis[/I]
   dnb          dnb           dnb       [I]MMF[/I]
   dnb          dnb           dnb       [I]shnen[/I]
   0-10 ([B]dnb[/B])   0-11 ([B]dnb[/B])    2-9 ([B]dnb[/B])
individual paragraphs

jake

underdog of the year
For those of you looking to vote in the rotating council, we are trying out an application system similar to that of UU's. Anyone interested, please fill out the following application and PM it to me, Raseri, and Django. yes i c/ped, sorry koko and jabba!

1. Provide a screenshot of your current ladder rating. I don't expect you to be incredibly high given that this is on short notice, but I cannot allow you to make decisions on the future of NU if you do not actually play and succeed at the tier.
2. Explain your involvement in the NU community (on the forums, ladder, IRC, everything). More specifically, please link to several of what you would consider your "best" posts in the NU subforum and describe why you think you are deserving of the ability to vote.
3. Write paragraphs explaining both why a recent NU suspect (Zangoose, Cinccino, Amoonguss for example) should have been banned and why it shouldn't have been (this serves as sort of a litmus test for seeing your explanation/reasoning skills).
Just to clarify, this is for the rotating council for Round 6 (and potentially future rounds, if this is successful). As of now, future Senate members will be selected on a hand-picked basis as they have been previously.

jake

underdog of the year
Django and DTC have stepped down from the Senate.

edit: DTC requested me to say that I have Fired him, and he did not, in fact, step down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)