NU Team first try!

On with the Pokemon! Be sure to rate me both on my team, and on my writing skills, I'm still working on those.

1: Kingler Ability: Hyper Cutter
Item: Life orb Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk 252 Spe 4 HP
Move Set: Agility
Return
Crab Hammer
X-scissor

This is kingler, my set-up physical sweeper. he's a physical attacker with no moves in this moveset to boost it to wall-breaking power, so I cover that by giving him a life orb and 252 ATK. The reason I run hypper cutter over sheer force is because I have no moves in the current move-set that can be boosted by it, and it helps against Intimidate users, such as Mawile.
Agility to by pass his low speed, witch at full investment (252 Spe and Jolly)
Only gets up to 273. However, agility doubles this speed, reflectively making it
Faster than ninjask without a speed boost. Most Ninjasks run Protect, so I would predict that by using agility again He gets the speed boost by switching into a physical attacker that he can take on, for example, Emboar that lacks wild charge. Crab hammer and return for water/normal coverage that has little pokes to resist, and x-scissor for musharna who is far to superior in physical bulk. Kingler is my main man I try to aim o set him up first.

2: Probopass Ability: Sturdy
Item: Leftovers Nature: modest
EVs 252 HP 252 Spa 4 Spd
Move-Set: Stealth Rocks
Thunder Wave
Volt Switch
Toxic

Kingler had 3 weaknesses, Electric moves, grass moves, and Special attacks overall. Probopass is my attempt to cover those weaknesses. It has amazing bulk boosted further by 252 HP investment, the Spa Investment is do actually do damage while switching out with volt switch. T-wave to cripple threats Probopass can't cover for long (Example: Fighting move users) Bar mach punch. Toxic to stall out opposing walls such as alamomala. Stealth rocks for obvious reasons as well.

3: Golurk Ability: Iron Fist
Item: Leftovers Nature: Adamant
Evs: 252 HP 12 spe 128 Atk
Move-Set: Earthquake
Drain Punch
Shadow Punch
Thunder Punch

Golurk is two things, my spin blocker and my bulky physical attacker.
He's there to wall Thunder types locked into a move, and to take a fighting move for probopass. Thunder Punch for the water types who, so far, destroy my team (only to use when predicting switches). Shadow Punch for stab and drain punch for recovery. 252 HP for Overall Bulk while 128 in SPe and Atk to boost those.

4: Sawsbuck Ability: Sap Sipper
Item: Choice Scarf Nature: Adamant
Evs: 252 Atk 252 spe 4 HP
Move-Set: Horn Leach
Jump Kick
Return
Mega Horn

Sawsbuck is my sap-sipper. In my Opinion, you always need a sap sipper in NU and RU. He is also in case I make a mistake and send kingler in to set-up when he sends in Amoongus, I can switch into it safely (barring Sludge Bomb Amoongus) He also out speeds most threats with choice scarf.

5: Ampharos Ability: Static
Item: Leftovers Nature: Modest
Evs: 252 Hp 252 Spa 4 Def
Move Set: Hidden Power Ice
Volt Switch
Focus Blast
Heal Bell

As you may of noticed my team has been drastically Physical.
I plan to change that with a bulky special attacker (and next a Speedy one)
Ampharos has good bulky and special attacker. Leftovers for recovery, 252 Hp for overall bulky, 252 spa for damage. HP ice and Thunder Bolt for Pseudo Bolt-Beam Coverage. Focus Blast for Special walls with a Steel/rock/normal typings, For example enemy Probopass. Heal bell for slight team support, getting rid of annoying status. I've loved him on my team in Soul silver, so I have a soft spot for him, if there are any better specially offensive Bulky Pokes with static, please let me know.

6: Liepard Ability: Prankster
Item: Focus Sash Nature: Modest
Evs: 252 Spe 252 Spa 4 Hp
Move-Set: Taunt
Encore
Nasty Plot
Dark Pulse

Liepard Is a sort of anti-lead set-up sweeper. Taunt to prefent set-up, although I usually let it happen so I can encore them and set-up myself.
Encore Is also useful for substitute, trick room, hazard layers ect.
Nasty plot to do great damage with dark pulse. With only one move, however, he can be easily walled by pokes such as Keckleon, Probopass ect.
I really want to keep and sack liepard, keep for encore, taunt annoyance and Sack him for being easily walled. Make up my mind!

So that's that! My First try at a competetive NU team.
Thoughts, comments, ect would be greatly Appreciated.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I got your PM, so here I am. The first thing I feel obligated to ask how much testing have you done with this team? Your sets are inefficient, as are your EV spreads, so I'm wondering if this team works very well? Sure, you have the element of surprise, but eventually that'll wear off and you'll face some problems.

Probopass doesn't need SAtk investment if you are using it mostly as a support and wall Pokemon. If you are using it as an offensive pivot, there are some better moves and EV spreads for that. Since that is what I recommend, I would change either Thunder Wave or Toxic for Earth Power or Power Gem. Earth Power seems to work best with your team, and you have Liepard to help cripple set up sweepers like Sub BU Braviary. I would also give Probopass at least 88 Speed EVs in order to outspeed standard Golem and Earth Power it to death before it can take you out.

Speaking of Liepard, I think that you should ditch Taunt for Hidden Power Fighting. Encore is very effective in crippling opposing Pokemon, and it also gives you more than enough of a chance to set up. Taunt is superfluous and at best forces the opponent to Struggle (though they'll more than likely switch out). I see absolutely no point in Focus Sash since you'd rather be leading off with Probopass against most common leads (and neither of them like the standard anti-leads). Leftovers gives you some extra survivability so that Liepard can continuously switch in and Encore/wallbreak your opponent's team.

Golurk needs to change a lot more than the others. Your moveset is odd, and your EV spread is weird and inefficient. A spread of 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe is standard and gives Golurk the bulk to survive a Sucker Punch from standard Skuntank and KO it back. Ice Punch should be used over Thunderpunch, since Earthquake hits most Water-types for the same amount of damage. Ice Punch lets you still take on Flying types, and adds Grass and Dragon types to the list. You already have Sawsbuck to deal with opposing Water types, and neither Sawsbuck nor Golurk want to take their attacks anyways. As for the item, I would say Choice Band would help you break down opposing walls, especially the Alomomoonguss core that really walls your team.

Sawsbuck wants Wild Charge over Megahorn since it's the only move it has that can hurt Drifblim significantly (who can be pretty troublesome for your team with Acrobatics, Destiny Bond, and Will-o-Wisp). It also lets you hit Mantine for 4x damage if you really want to. Nature Power is much better than Jump Kick, so I'd also stick with that. Finally, Double Edge over Return is a must since Scarf Sawsbuck lacks a lot of power, even after a +1 boost. You also want to be able to hit opposing Sawk as hard as you possibly can, since opposing Fighting types demolish you very easily. I would also go with a Jolly nature simply to be able to outspeed opposing Gorebyss at +2 if Liepard is down.

Finally, Ampharos wants at least 88 Speed EVs in case you need to attack opposing standard Golurk (and anything else that aims for that Speed). Other than that, your last move is your choice. As for your writing style and layout, I would highly recommend using your imports as the format for listing your team's moveset. The way you have it now is hard to read and not very aesthetically pleasing.

Looking at your team overall, the Fighting and Ground weakness is very hard to overlook. Gurdurr is your team's mortal enemy, and you don't really have much of a way to handle it. Golurk is your best hope, since with the given EVs you can tank a +0 Ice punch and 2HKO it right back. Liepard can also switch in on a predicted Bulk Up and Encore it, but that is a very risky thing to do, so be wise about it. An extra thing you can do is give Kingler 48 Spe EVs to improve its defensive capabilities a little. While that won't save you from boosted Drain Punches, it'll help let you tank Mach Punches and try to Crabhammer Gurdurr.

Changes:

Kingler: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Probopass: 88 Spe EVs; Earth Power>Toxic/Thunder Wave
Golurk: Choice Band set>current set
Sawsbuck: Jolly>Adamant; Double Edge>Return; Nature Power>Jump Kick; Wild Charge>Megahorn
Ampharos: 88 Spe EVs
Liepard: Leftovers>Focus Sash; HP FIghting>Taunt

Golurk @ Choice Band
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

There are some other things I could suggest, but since I've already changes every single member of your team at least a little, I'll let someone else give their input. Welcome to Smogon! :pimp:

The amount of testing I did with the team was.... Moderate. I tested it for 7-10 matches but I didn't get much out of the matches execpt for a few basic things that utterly destroyed me, for example the extreme weakness to fighting and ground, witch I only partly patched up with golurk. Also the most logical reason I can give to why my sets and EV spreads are weird is because of one ever-prevailing fact; I'm not that good at pokemon no matter how much I will ever love it. Secondly, I have no idea what you're talking about with importing and the like, because I have no knowledge of this writing system at all, so I type everything. Lastly, thanks for the team rate! I will (hopefully) become better with making teams and battling thanks to you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)