I simulate Pottery
TeambatsWelcome to teambats, a classic community event revived from the depths of Smogon history. Teambats are a competition between two teams of players to build a team under certain restrictions and duke it out. Both teams will be given the same amount of time to build (usually 20 minutes, although can vary). Cooperation within teams is allowed, preferred even, during the battle. Everything will take place in two separate group chats on Pokemon Showdown.
- Do not try to sneak into the opposing team's chat.
- Do not try to leak information to the other team.
- Be respectful to your opponents and teammates.
- Follow the team-specific rules for that week.
Current Teambats Submissions:
- Alphabetical: Choose a pokemon, and every other mon must be one letter further into the alphabet (ex. if you Kadabra, you would then have to use a pokemon beginning with L, such as Lanturn)
- Liar's Rule: You must announce your move before every turn (alternating between announcing first and second), however you get 3 lies (credit to alamaster)
- Pick: Every turn you must !pick between switching out and attacking (you can choose what to go out to, and what attack to use)
- Bad/Good mon: You are given a good (uber with low level) or bad (NFE/PU) mon, and have to build around it (ex. level 88 arceus, or a skitty)
- Past Gen: ADV/GSC/DPP/BW/ORAS
- Luck Free: no sub-100% accuracy moves
- Lucky and Bad: Ony sub-100% accuracy moves, no healing allowed
- Color-Blind: You can only use mons of one specific color (use !pick)
- Dancing on Tiptoes: Spin/Defog are banned, have fun with hazard spam
- Not Fully Evolved: the teams are given a random LC/NFE mon, and have to build with it
- Random OM battles (Inverse, Stabmons, etc.)
- EVless: Each team gets 1536 (256*6) evs to spend, good luck
- No STAB
- Random BL3 mons
- Generations: you only get one generation of mons to use
- 16 moves per team
- Tortoise vs Hare: one team only gets mons over 75 speed, one team only gets mons below 75 speed.
- 'Join the ranks': Team must consist of 6 different ranks, S-ranks excluded. So a team should like an A+ mon, an A mon, an A- mon, a B+ mon, a B mon and a B- mon. Teams can use C-ranked mons too as long as each mon is ranked differently.
shoutouts to Disjunction for the thread format. If you have any other ideas for teambats, shoot me or any other moderator a message to let us know!