Project NU Teambuilding Competition [Voting Stage]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Lax definitely made the best team this week so there's my vote. Though I would probs add a scarfer somewhere on the team so that the match up versus faster threats like Swellow and Tauros is a bit better. That being said, Sucker Punch from shiftry and the volt turn core in manectric and primeape don't give the opponent much breathing room so it isn't like base 110 mons aren't getting a lot of chances to come in for free regardless.

Shadestep

volition immanent
phew.. really close one this week, but the prize goes to WFY , congrats!
Adaire: 3 Votes
FK FrontLiner: 0 Votes
WFY: 7 Votes
Lax: 6 Votes

this week we're going with a pretty cool core and the recipe for KangaSpikes , being Rotom + Garbodor. Garbodor is one of NU's best Spikes- and Toxic Spikes-users, and Rotom does a good job of supporting it, being able to switch-in to most Rockers, Wisping annoying physical targets and most importantly.. Spinblocking! not being able to get rid of Spikes can be detrimental and forces the opponent to make hard and aggresive plays. thanks to Blaziken. for the idea :)

build with whatever Rotom and Garbodor sets you want, and post your teams here! you have until Saturdaymorning to do so.

Pinsir @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- X-Scissor
- Rock Tomb
- Earthquake

Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Toxic Spikes
- Explosion

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Samurott @ Mystic Water
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Megahorn

Lilligant @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock] / [Fire]
- Sleep Powder

Hey, wanted to share the team that won me my NUPL game this week vs Blapperl ^_^ Has worked pretty well in test games too. The first mon I selected was Pinsir because when I looked at Blapperl's recent replays, most of them involved Xatu. Getting Rocks up vs a Xatu team can be critical for breaking it down and at this point I decided I wanted a Spikestacking team because Xatu can't switch in on Garb when Rocks are up. Controversial opinion here, but I really think KangaSpikes is a really overrated team archetype because it only works well vs. offense; it's very hard to break balanced builds that have any sort of hazard control. Tauros with Spikes support is killer vs defensive teams and still performs well vs the slower mons on an offensive one. Garbodor was chosen as my spiker for its ability to soft-check most physical attackers and Explosion can prevent Defog from going off. Rotom is the spinblocker and the Scarfer for the team that checks things like Swellow in a pinch. Finally, the two sweepers: SD Samu and Lilligant have fantastic synergy with each other and easily set up on each other's checks. Team is quite offensive so save sacks and death fodder when you can.

game: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-360433935

Rapture

I got so much time today

Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Fire Blast

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain

Xatu @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Heat Wave

Rotom @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Hex
- Trick

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Megahorn

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Toxic Spikes

Here's a fun bulky offense team I used for nul. Pretty standard take on spike stack, Tauros and Ludicolo is such an amazing offensive core as they put a ton of pressure on each others checks which make for plenty of opportunities to throw out powerful attacks. Standard pivot Xatu is the teams next slot and is great hazard prevention. Calm Mind is an option over u-turn to improve the stall matchup but any decently built stall team should have a check or two to it. Specs Rotom is actually broken and is a perfect combination of power and utility by virtue of its typing. I originally had Shadow Ball but Hex is much more annoying to deal with if you can manage to keep t spikes up. Rhydon follows next with its standard sp def set as does helmet garbodor for additional hazard set up. Barring Hydro Pump and Rock Climb misses the team can fight its way out of pretty much any match up. Manectric is really annoying to the team as is since nothing really appreciates switching in more than once. Pursuit over Iron Tail on Tauros would give the team a way of keeping it in check so that's something worth trying out.

Replay versus the most broken team in NU: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-354391543

PrinceLucian

Banned deucer.

Malamar @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Pinsir @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Seed Bomb

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 144 SpD / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hi,I had 2 teams so couldnt decide which one to go with, but Malamar love prevailed and I havent posted any teams with it so here we go. Malamar was once one of my favourite pokemon to use,and i had it on almost every team,but that was long time ago when I was new player,and with time i got bored of it and never made team around it again,so here I am with team i built this week in few minutes and had nice success on ladder.
  • With Malamar as first pokemon I decided to partner it with SD Pinsir,underrated pokemon that breaks through balanced teams,especially ones that rely on status to counter it, I think it particularly pairs well with malamar just because they share similar checks on balance, and even stall(especially Weezing and Quagsire which pinsir just destroys with mold breaker both),its also a nice check to psychic types and can weaken Mesprits with bug coverage if opponent decides to stay in and setup rocks earlier in game.
  • Garbodor was next pokemon added,its best and most reliable spiker in tier and it pairs well with both pinsir and malamar, it sets up spikes for malamar later in game and patches weaknesses for both,it also punishes physical attackers such as Scyther or Primeape if they decide to go for momentum move,and sets up spikes vs pokemon like hariyama pretty easily,not to mention Helmet+Aftermath is a great combination.
  • Rotom is a great spinblocker and a decent ground resist, and Scarf rotom is one of easiest speed controls to slap on hazard teams like this,moveset is standard and I decided to go with Wisp over trick to deal with setup sweepers like DD rhydon easier,while punishing anything that comes in.
  • Next is Piloswine,pokemon which I normally dont use a lot, but i think its a great addition to hazard teams and some offensive teams in general(if you already have a fighting resist),its also a great check to ice types and Ice shard is a nice priority to have vs pokemon like archeops/vivillon/swellow which helps it check flying types for team.
  • And last,I needed a special tank to take some water/fire moves for team,so i just slapped a Lanturn and knew i cant really go wrong with that, Assault vest lanturn is pokemon that doesnt hit that hard but its coverage moves is what makes this set good enough for offensive teams,its also a nice pivot and voltblock so i dont need to put pressure on Piloswine during match.

Last edited:

Shadestep

volition immanent
hi! sorry for the slight delay.
thanks for the submissions guys, 3 solid looking teams this week!
Team 1 - qsns

Team 2 - Shadowtags

Team 3 - PrinceLucian

the Voting Stage will go on from now until sundaynight/mondaymorning, so get your votesin quickly! everybody gets 1 Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)