NU, the ones that never made it....(Peak #21)

So as u have seen from the title this is my NU team that has brought me to #24 and rising.

First we have my usual lead, Rotom-S

252 Speed
252 Spe Defense
4 HP
Calm Nature +Spe Defense -Attack
Trait:Levitate (Which is pointless)
Item:Choice Scarf
Moves:Trick/Thunder Bolt/Air Slash/Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-S is the worst of the Rotom forms. Its dual typing is great but makes its ability 100% useless. Rotom's in general have good stats but poor movepools, Rotom-S and W are the only exeptions, but Rotom-S still isnt that great. Tricking a Choice Scarf is a good strategy and catches most people off guard and you are able to cripple a lot of walls early on in the match. Rotom is my specialy defensive wall and really my only wall because i enjoy using offensive pokes and not stalish ones. Trick Scarfing a wall has lead to many victories because I cripple walls right off the bat as they set up rocks then I am free to Will-O-Wisp incoming ground pokes to take the T-bolt. Overall Rotom is a great poke and will not be going anywhere.

My next poke is this teams glue as it alows me to plow through wallas like nothing. Sawk.

252 Attack
252 Speed
4 HP
Adament Nature +Attack -Spe Attack
Trait:Sturdy
Item:Choice Band
Moves: Close Combat/Earthquake/Stone Edge/Toxic

Sawk is my wall breaker, and much like the picture, people just have to deal with it. Most people know how, but there is always someone that dosnt and gets destroyed. The moveset is pretty standard exept for toxic. Toxic is there for pokes who think they will get a free switch in on him and have no consequince, so i just switch him out then back in and Musharna is poisend, witch is the poke that mainly does that. Adament nature lets it get to its full power and sturdy lets it take one super efecitve hit. Rocks hurt it the most on my team because it loses its sturdy ability and is weak to faster attackers, So you have to treat it like a Marowak, it comes in to demolish walls. Sawk is just a great poke overall and is highly recomended.

Next, is my special set up sweeper, Vileplume.

252 Spe Attack
252 Speed
4 HP
Modest Nature +Spe Attack -Attack
Trait:Chlorophyll
Item:Life Orb
Moves: Sunny Day/Solar Beam/HP Fire/Sludge Bomb

Ahh Vileplume, take a sniff, I DARE YOU! In all this pokes cute smellyness is a beast that want to kill. After one sunny day, KA_BOOM the beast inside is relesed. Sure, its not the most powerful poke, but with Modest and life orb it can do a lot of damage. HP Fire is for grass and steel types that like to switch in on it and wall it, which is why i dont use sleep powder. The dual STAB on this poke has fairly good coverage overall and almost un-beatable coverage in NU. There really isnt to much to say about this cute, lovable, stinky pokemon but the fact that if used right, can destroy.

Now we have the Physical sweeper and my favorite poke on this team, KlingKlang.

252 Attack
252 HP
4 Speed
Adament Nature +Attack -Spe Attack
Trait:Plus (clear body is not realeased)
Item:Leftovers
Moves: Gear Grind/Shift Gear/Sub/Return

This mechanical pokemon is my favorite pokemon on this team. He can rape some crazy sh!% in the NU Metagame. Shift Gear is one of the best stat boosting moves in the game because it give +2 Speed +1 Attack. KlingKlang is able to out speed Jolly Swellows in just 1 Shift Gear and get a +1 attack boost which is pro with adamant nature. Sub lets it get a free move off if not broken right away. Gear Grind and Return provide almost perfect coverage for eachother exept for a few pokes like Batstiodon. Overall I think every NU or UU team should have this pokemon because of its amazing streangth and great coveragemakes it a HUGE threat that people just dont see coming because no one uses it due to its poor move pool.

Next i have a pokemon that you will all hate me for...Ferroseed

252 HP
252 Defense
4 Spe Defense
Relaxed Nature +Defense -Speed
Trait:Iron Barbs
Item:Eviolite
Moves: Leach Seed/Stealth Rocks/Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave

Now, before you finish your trol sandwich and trololo soup and put on your trolololo pant, I want you to know that this is pokemon and I can use whatever I want. Ferroseed is a great densive pokemon and helps my team with rocks adn is just an all around great supporter. Its 4x weak to fire so that sets it back a bit, and there are alot of fighting types up and about like Sawk who can OH-KO with Close Combat, so dont go out troling if you dont wanna get beat up by the right police.

This next poke is Comlexy992's favourite special wall and one of mine too. Flareon.

252 HP
252 Spe Defense
4 Defense
Calm Nature +Spe Defense -Attack
Trait:Flash Fire
Item:Leftovers
Moves:Flamethrower/Toxic/Will-O-Wisp/Protect
Flareon is such a crutial team member. When I looked at my team I asked myself "Whats a good poke to sponge fire attack?" Well, here you have her/him. I needed a poke that could not only take fire hits, but use them to its advantage. Flareon also makes a great wall for other attacks to. Protect is a good move for extra recovery from lefties and the dual status works so well against bulky and physical pokes. Overall I think that Flareon is an even stronger glue to my team than Sawk.

So thats my team, anything i could change?

Thanks for reading!

ALSO CONSIDERING

Im considering an offensive Ninjask but im not sure that will go over quite well. Im also thinking of a Golur? And maybe a Jynx? Let me know what you think.

first off, the vileplume pic is waaaay too big.

i would run hp fire in simisage, due to the fact that with your other moves you dont really need the fighting/dark coverage and adding fire helps you deal with the majority of subseeders much better.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
why are there two duplicates of this RMT?

oh, and why does vileplume go over the 510 ev limit? 252hp252spatck/252spe

ok first off Ferroseed is RU so you can't use it in NU. Also, you should put all your special defense EVs on Rotom in his HP since it will give him more bulk to take hits from both sides of the spectrum. A pokémon like Rotom with little HP and great defenses prefer anyways to have investment in HP before defense. Good luck with this team!

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Pascal accualy i play on PO because its better for NU because there are more people there so...and feroo is NU there
It's not in the Smogon NU tier, though, which one would assume since you're posting it on Smogon... You should definitely consider Volt Switch on Rotom. It provides a huge momentum boost and I've honestly found the usefulness of WoW to be limited.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)