NU - What's Their Last? - Round 7 (Submission Phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiritomb @ Darkinium-Z
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dark Pulse

In my opinion CroTomb is a good pick for the last slot, since I think the team's biggest threat is Meloetta which Spiritomb pretty much destroys. Tomb also gives a fun wincon (Slowbro isn't Calm Mind), and gives great resists/immunity for the team. Regarding the set, it's pretty standard so I don't have much to say about it.

Last edited:
grats to PrinceLucian or winning this week while also guessing the correct mon!

team provided by me lol, more of a meme team if u will but still fun
Slowbro @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 16 SpA / 240 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Future Sight

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

Whimsicott @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- U-turn

Scrafty @ Steelium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Iron Tail

Braviary @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Superpower
- Return
- U-turn

same rules applyy

Last edited:

Mismagius @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Levitate
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt

I believe Mismagius is the last member of this team. Along with being a solid spinblocker, Never-Ending Nightmare from Mismagius acts as a strong nuke to help this team clear out walls. The Defiant abuser (Braviary) is here to cover potential defogs, while Mismagius can provide momentum in spinblocking and being able to set up with Nasty Plot.

PrinceLucian

Banned deucer.
Considering you mentioned this is a meme team, it makes it extremely hard to rate/suggest last pokemon, so I need to change my approach compared to a more standard team.
First thing that comes on my mind when I take a look in team is extreme weakness to poison types like vileplume, golbat, as well as having no hazard removal and no toxic spikes absorber in first 5, and in my book i just cant recommend a defogger for a team with rocks+spikes unless its rly bulky, and most of spinners dont rly fit.
Second weakness are fire types, despite slowbro having assault vest, incineroar is big threat considering slowbro doesnt have colbur berry, and ferroseed+whimsicott is a grass core. Scarf emboar can also be a threat, since it can outspeed most of the members and scrafty after a DD, and slowbro Evs dont help it vs wild charge at all. Theres no electric immunity, but considering rotom mow is one of only relevant electrics, and you have whims/ferro, i dont think its neccesary to have.
Last thing and prly most important, team doesnt have flying resist, so stuff like sub braviary can beat it from team preview, so a defogger is a no no. Now, theres no poison types that can resist flyings,even tho rock type may seem appealing bcz it checks flyings and fire types, there isnt one that beat vileplume except aurorus which is bad pick bcz it cant switch in and its rekt by plume and Croak, and stuff like minior/archeops overlaps as flying type with braviary while team doesnt have hazard removal, and theres no steel that check houndoom and emboar, theres also no electrics that can fix these issues
I also assume you consider ferro+slowbro enough for flyings but i wouldnt completely agree with that even on meme team. I can pick 1 pokemon that covers some stuff for team but not all, which is basically like ignoring some of the glaring weaknesses, bcz its impossible to cover it up and there is no perfect fit for last one, or even close to it, so i can just blindly try to guess
I know this rate is a bit longer, but i enjoy this type of stuff bcz its fun
Now to conclusion, it took me some time to find the missing pokemon but it paid off bcz it is:

Thats right, heatran resist flying, poisons, and even tanks a hit from houndoo...

sry i couldnt resist..

but yeah my suggestion would be when you show a meme team you could give us a hint or something, that would be fun

Klinklang @ Occa Berry
Ability: Clear Body
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Frustration
- Magnet Rise

im 100% certain this is not the right pokemon, but hey it checks flyings and poisons and its not weak to tspikes and i guess braviary can benefit from it weakening rhydon and it can put some work after braviary or scrafty weakens steelix
this pick makes team weak to fire types but if i picked smthng else its rekt by plume, + incineroar is somehwat checked by scrafty and embo by bro+braviary but eh

Last edited:
grats to PrinceLucian for winning this week! the correct mon was actually silvally-poison lol, rlly unorthodox but rlly fun, s/o this guy on the ladder who told me about it

s/o to Rwby for the team <33
Incineroar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Darkest Lariat
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin
- Mach Punch
- Toxic

Slowbro @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Trick Room
- Slack Off

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Roar

Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Encore
- U-turn
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain

same rules apply, you've got a week to submit ~

Vikavolt @ Buginium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 176 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Roost
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Volt Switch

As of now, the team's build is incredibly solid in terms of resistances. There are checks for everything, but it is still prone to being worn out. The team is also slow. The fix to this is soft TR in the form of slowbro + a mon that can break through teams. Vika is the perfect candidate because it has incredible defensive synergy with slowbro, checking mons like scep and rotom-c, while also breaking open games. The reason for this particular set (besides that it was posted in VR thread and therefore easier to c/p) is because there is no z-move on the team yet, and this set allows for both breaking (bug-z), longevity (roost), and momentum (volt switch). I am so convinced that this is the perfect partner for slowbro on a soft TR team that I no longer care what the truth is, Vikavolt is the answer from here on out.

Edit: Vikavolt is also the answer because it is HOT rn, so tbh even if it wasn't a perfect answer, why not just guess the popular up and comer in NU.

PrinceLucian

Banned deucer.
This team doesnt have a proper poison check(refering to every poison type in NU with double typing), it doesnt have a fairy resist(so pokemon like whimsicott easily threatens whole team), and it doesnt have a ground immunity, but considering slowbro+whimsicott+hitmon might be enough to check ground types, its not a neccesity, also considering how "bulky" and slow it is, there is no doubt in my mind that last pokemon is a poison type since team is really weak to toxic spikes and even tho hitmontop is a spinner, it has horrible matchup vs garbodor. There is no wallbreaker on this team so i cant see this beating stall, and TR on slowbro is kinda off since nothing abuses it and even slowbro cant take advantage of it with that moveset, also there is no Z move user, so my choice falls down to 2 pokemon that i have hard time deciding which one might help here most. Im leaning towards garbodor and drapion. Why drapion?, because its a big threat to balanced teams and it can break lix/golbat cores, while its a poison that can deal with garbodor which might be an issue for hitmontop to spin. Why Garbodor?, because a team is so bulky and leads to a semi stall build rather than a balanced one, it can also somewhat pressure stall with spikes up since rhydon+garb is a big threat to defogers on stall.
Anyways, my decision is:

Garbodor (M) @ Icium Z
Ability: Aftermath
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Haze

Garbodor gives this team spike support, which combined with defensive core of this team can slowly beat opponent down during the game, while absorbing opposing tspikes. Z move Haze not only removes all stats boost to setup sweepers that might be a treat to this team and rely only on whimsicott to check them, but it also restores garbodor health to full, which helps with longevity.

Last edited:
grats to PrinceLucian for taking the w again, and grats to Yui. for actually guessing the correct mon

ty Earth for team x
Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Mold Breaker
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Glare
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Tail

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin

;w; (Oricorio-Pom-Pom) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Revelation Dance
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Calm Mind

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- Synthesis

i've changed it to 5 times instead of 7 so just keep that in mind !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)