Nuclear Warfare - A 2K RMT

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUCLEAR WARFARE

Introduction

Sup everyone its me again. Shit its been a long time since I posted a RMT but seeing as I hit 2000 posts, and have a good team I might as well post one now!

This team was actually created when I was going through a really tough time. Teambuilding, a previous passion of mine had lost all interest for me and I had all but quit smogon. Anyway around this time, bored out of my mind and really just going through the motions certain people on #ocn (like nagai, Hip, Stallion, BK) told me different ways to build teams and encouraged me to try it out. I discovered the technique of overloading, and switched my style of play to offensive synergy rather than defensive synergy.

Also around this team Frizy was harping on about how awesome Virizion was so I decided to build a team based around CM Virizion so prove to him how much it sucks. Team Frizy Sucks was rather successful (to my utter shame) however it suffered from a few issues so I retired it. However, the core concept I developed within that team stuck with me, and I continued to test it out, trying to find the perfect team with it. Eventually, I found my combination and the team you see below is the result!

Team

Deep Blue (Metagross) @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 240 HP / 80 Atk / 188 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit

Metagross is awesome. It starts this team off (although I usually lead with whatever I like) and is charged with the invaluable job of setting up Stealth Rock for the team. Stealth Rock is essential for dealing with Dragonite and Volcarona in this metagame which are both pretty powerful threats. It also helps gradually wear things down between switchs and what not, so it is always a good move to have. Metagross serves as my specially defensive sponge, and its surprising at how well it can take hits. It can handle Gengar really well, and checkmate LO Starmie once they hit 50%. Metagross also is my best check to the powerful Lati@s twins which can really threaten this team with there powerful attacks. Latias is less of a threat because Heatran can usually spam Dragon Pulse against it but Latios can be pursuited (if its choiced) or I can mindgame LO versions with either Meteor Mash or Pursuit. Metagross is also deceptivally strong, and can hit pretty hard with a STAB Meteor Mash, battering away my opponent for my real sweepers to finish off. Earthquake is still almost standard on Metagross, and its really nice for hitting stuff like Scizor and Heatran with. It also does a bit more to Jirachi which has come in useful recently and I very much prefer it to Hammer Arm.

The Ev spread might be known to a few old hands, I stole it from Stellars amazing Gen 4 Suspect RMT “Present Danger”. The Evs let me survive lots of random shit, such as a Lava Plume from Specially Defensive Heatran, and Fire Blasts from MixTar so I am pretty happy with the spread overall, and the Atk Evs let me hit pretty hard to so im not total set up fodder.

Why not Tyranitar?

Observant people will notice that Tyranitar can pretty much do a similar job to metagross. It sets up Stealth Rock and checks Latias / Latios which is really all Metagross does. Tyranitar also sets up Sandstorm which helps give me weather control so overall it seems the better choice.

In truth, I actually ran with Tyranitar before Metagross and while it was really effective, I just hated how it lured in fighting pokemon like the plague. Metagross prevents such set up opportunities and can weaken TR Reuniclus in a pinch which can be tricky to play around if I have Tyrantiar. The loss of weather, and the 6% damage I could get per turn is nasty, but then again, I have my own weapons to use against other weather teams and I did’nt feel like Tyranitar helped me very much.

Nickname: The nickname “Deep Blue” is both a nod to Blue Kirby, and to the chess supercomputer named, “Deep Blue”, which defeated Gary Kasparov.

Urthemiel (Dragonite) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

Meet Dragonite, Part one of my offensive core. Choice Band Dragonite is pretty much getting a free kill once per game, more of I play my cards right. It’s a bitch to switch into and really the only thing that stops it cold is Skarmory, and that hates taking a Fire Punch. Multiscale is one of the reasons im using this over Haxorus, since it lets Dragonite survive so much stuff and really puts my opponent on the back foot. Being the centrepiece of the team, Dragonite fulfils a large role on the team, acting as an emergency check to Reuniclus and Volcarona, as well as just wallbreaking like a boss.

The moveset is pretty much standard so im not going to bother explaining it. Basically im using Outrage 90% of the time and killing something, and the other 10% of using ExtremeSpeed to revenge something like Latios. Mostly, ill lead with Dragonite to force instant momentum, kill something and then go from there. Dragonite doesn’t need much explaining, its just switching in and fucking something up every game, and that’s why I use it.

Nickname: It’s the name of the archdemon and final boss in Dragon Age Origins (and I love the dragon age series). Basically since the archdemon can be a bitch to kill (just like Dragonite) I gave it that nickname.

Vulcan (Heatran) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Yep, I’d say im one of the only people using this set and Jesus Christ its power blows me away every time. To quote Theorymon, “This thing is a NUKE IN A CAN”. Heatran forms an excellent combo with Dragonite, and together they set about blasting through my opponents team with there super powerful attacks. Basically, the only thing that can really switch into this core safely is Heatran, and that gets 2KOed by Dragonite with a bit of prior damage so its all good. Heatran switches into the steel types that Dragonite attracts like a magnet, forcing them out with the threat of a STAB Fire Blast and then nuking whatever my opponent chooses to switch in. Sometimes if im feeling intelligent ill bring in Dragonite and then double switch into Heatran just to force a lose / lose situation but SR fucked that plan up so it doesn’t happen often.

What I really must stress is that the words “its not very effective” does really apply to Heatran. For example, I have stripped off 60-70% from a Rotom W just with Fire Blast. Haxorus takes a truckload as well. Jellicent, Politoed and Gastrodon does’nt really mind Fire Blast, but HP Grass 2KOs then anyway so I don’t really give a shit. Like with Dragonite, mostly ill spam Fire Blast unless they have Heatran in which case I have to hit it with an Earth Power or something. Dragon Pulse is often a nice move to spam if your opponent has like a truckload of Fire Resists (like a team of Latias / Tentacruel / Rotom W) and it does around 50% ish to Dragonite with Multiscale which usually dents them enough for Dragonite to revenge.

The only downside to using this Heatran, is that its very weather dependant. Rain teams can be quite annoying to it (tho Earth Power and HP Grass hit most Rain pokemon pretty hard) however Heatran just fucks up Sun. There is no greater feeling than bringing in Heatran against your opponents sun team and then just fucking raping everything with Fire Blast. Granted, if they have Duggy that feelings not going to last long but man it makes me feel like a million bucks when I do something like 93% to a Cress under sunlight. Heatran also is a great check to no HP Ground Volcarona under sunlight (and its usually up if Volcarona is on the team) since it doesn’t give a fuck about Quiver Dance and just nukes the shit outta it.

Nickname: Yeah it’s the boring, bog standard Roman God of Fire. Its also a nod to my old 1K when I had a Heatran called Vulcan so yeah

Frizy (Virizion) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Justified
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SpA)
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Yeah, its Virizion, a pokemon I hate with a passion. It would always fuck me up when my opponents used it, and then fail when I used it. Before creating this team, I had only ever used CM Virizion so decided to give SD Virizion a whirl and instantly fell in love. I don’t have to worry about fucking Focus Miss, and it does dam well against Rain Stall too. Virizion does a dam good job at luring in Scizor and Jirachi, which Heatran can then nuke. It also does a good job at weakening Skarmory with a +2 CC. It doesn’t do anywhere near enough to KO, but after SR, CC, and BB recoil Skarmory is usually crippled enough for Dragonite to brute force its way past. (Fuck you if you run Drill Peck Skarm tho)

Virizion serves as an excellent check to Rotom W, which could get annoying if they had Will-o-wisp. It also makes Heatran fuck off with the threat of CC which is always nice. SE on Virizion has always been useful for nailing that fucking moth which im overly paranoid about. I prefer it to HP Ice since it gets boosted by Swords Dance, and I only really miss out on Gliscor, which doesn’t really like taking a +2 Leaf Blade if it wishes to take on Dragonite as well. I run Lum Berry on Virizion since its easier to set up on Blissey, and it means I don’t fear scald burns as much. I have found it waay more useful than LO which decreases Virizions lifespan, and yeah, have no found much use for it.

Nickname: basically see the introduction. Virizion sparked the inspiration for the Specs Heatran / CB Dragonite core and I still maintain it sucks (just like Frizy) so yeah the nickname is a no brainer.

Zazikel (Salamence) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Intimidate / Moxie
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Looking over my team I felt that I needed a Scarfer, just to give my team a bit of speed. Usually I would have picked Rotom W but I was interested by Moxie Mence which looked awesome. The idea behind picking Salamence was that once steels and everything had been weakened, I could send in Salamence and just Outrage the crap out of everything, picking up an attack boost after every KO. In practise, this didn’t work out so well because it too so dam long for the server to be updated and then when the update arrived it was apparently unstable as hell so I have not really had a chance to test Moxie, opting instead for Intimidate (which still works fine). I list Moxie because, in all likelihood, ill switch to it soon anyway, and it’s the ability I feel best fits the team.

Anyway I don’t really think the set needs much evaluation. Its designed to revenge shit like Latios if Metagross fails to beat them, as well as also check pokemon like Infernape and Terrakion which can be tricky to deal with. It’s a reliable member of the team, and while the “Ewww, SR weak” is kinda annoying its never too much of a hassle so yeah.

Nickname: Its referencing another Archdemon in Dragon Age. Yeah yeah im lazy, sue me.

Shuriken (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

I took a look at my team and the obvious problem was that I had 3 choice users, 2 of which were weak to Stealth Rock. Adding a spinner was the obvious solution so I shoved in Starmie, pretty much one of the better offensive spinners around. I gave it a LO so it would do a lot more damage (mainly to shit like SDef Heatran) and Recover for it to heal off damage it might take switching in and stuff.

Starmie is pretty much my best switch in to Heatran, since it isn’t bothered by too much. It also lures in Ferrothorn which is fine by me cos it’s a free switch to Heatran then. Starmie also serves as an o.k switch to Skarmory, spinning away any spikes it might set up on Dragonite. Lastly, Starmie can revenge Infernape and Terrakion which is pretty cool since I don’t have to rely on Salamence locking itself in. All in all Starmie just patches things up quite nicely and fits well on the team.

Name: Shuriken is like a ninja star and… yeah that’s kinda what Starmie is.

Conclusion

Yeah o.k that’s my team, its been really fun to use etc etc but it suffers from a few problems with fighting types (like Terrakion). Personally however, The team does’nt suffer too much from being weak to individual threats as much as being weak to team cores. For example, Rain Stall is always going to be tricky to play around, and teams that double up on physical walls (like someone running Gliscor (with enough speed to outspeed Heatran) and Skamory together is going to fuck up my team hugely). Still, the core itself has been a blast to use and I have gotten many teams abusing the core up to the 1350-1450 mark over a period of time (I think im 1450 now). Thanks to all of you that read this RMT and thanks to all that make my time at smogon enjoyable. Cheers.

Frizy (Virizion) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Justified
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Zazikel (Salamence) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Intimidate
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Urthemiel (Dragonite) (M) @ Choice Band
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

Vulcan (Heatran) (M) @ Choice Specs
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Shuriken (Starmie) @ Life Orb
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Deep Blue (Metagross) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 80 Atk / 188 SDef
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit

Yeah welcome guys this is my mini 2K thread. I had been thinking about what to do for my 2K for quite a while but apparently vanilla shoutouts suck now so I decided to do something else. Filling this thread with eye candy was on the list but then again idk where Haunter stands on filling a RMT thread with that so decided not to. I used to be o.k at rating but then again I don’t really imagine people want to read a 2K when I rate the shit outta them so instead I picked the fav pokemon of everyone in my list, shove them into a team and then added shoutouts for each one. Yeah I know im lazy :/

OCN

Earthworm (Espeon) (M) @ Light Clay
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Comments: BIG WORMS

Nagai (Dragonite) (M) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Comments: Nagai too strong for me :/
Thanks man for helping me teambuild and shit man its been fun. Also its been fun having those long PHIL convos we used to have the odd time. GL man

Steven Snype (Scrafty) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Moxie
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Hi Jump Kick
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Comments: Lol man your fun to play with in mafia. Less so when we are playing against each other

Stallion (Ho-Oh) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 192 HP / 240 Atk / 76 SDef
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Substitute
- Roost

Comments: Keeping up the DJing man, its awesome

Blue Kirby (Metagross) @ Life Orb
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spd
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Comments: We don’t chat much but I have lots of respect for you and what you do.

panamaxis (Celebi) @ Life Orb
EVs: 220 HP / 252 SAtk / 36 Spd
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power

Comments: I WILL beat you in CC one day I swear to god

OCN 2

KotW (Victini) @ Choice Band
Trait: Victory Star
- V-create
- Fusion Bolt
- U-turn
- Brick Break

Comments: I don’t talk to you much but you’re a regular on #ocn so that’s good enough for me I guess

Heist (Wailord) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Water Veil
EVs: 28 Atk / 252 SAtk / 228 Spd
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Selfdestruct

Comments: Strongth battler from NZ and too strong for me

Frizy (Aerodactyl) (M) @ Life Orb
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Comments: Frizy Sux

Jumpluff (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 188 Def / 68 SDef / 252 Spd
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Encore

Comments: So nice <3. Its always good chatting to you pluff and thanks for any advice you gave me in my time at smogon.

The_Chaser (Snorlax) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Def / 176 SDef
- Body Slam
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Comments: Thanks for reeling me in on #ocn if I acted like a tosser

Hipmonlee (Parasect) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- X-Scissor

Comments: It was good to catch up last year man, your awesome

PO Staff

Hugendugen (Xatu) (M) @ Light Clay
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn
- Roost

Comments: I lost our suit walk off :( I submit

Shiny Azelf (Azelf) @ Choice Band
Trait: Levitate
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

Comments: Fuck you for haxing me whenever we play. You’re a good guy tho :)

Blue Star (Latios) (M) @ Expert Belt
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Surf
- Psyshock

Comments: Good Luck mate, hope your o.k

Shrang (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 152 HP / 176 SAtk / 180 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Recover
- Refresh

Comments: Strong Uber battler who actually got me into ubers ages ago, and now I stalk your battles searching for gimmicks/cool shit to steal. Thanks man for giving me advice and shit and being cool to talk to.

Bojangles (Cyndaquil) (M) @ Choice Scarf
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Commands: You indirectly got me interested in ubers too and you’re a nice guy and shit.

Yamata (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 52 HP / 248 Atk / 208 Spd
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Bounce

Comments: We need to play more CC so I can beat the crap outta you.

RMT Crowd

Faladran (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Commands: NO WHY YOU LEAVE?
Seriously sad to see you go even tho we did’nt have much interaction you were my role model for rating ages ago so ill miss you.

Smith (Swalot) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Yawn
- Encore
- Pain Split
- Sludge Bomb

Comments: Boss rater that rates so much better than I can :/ Also screw you for leaving me out of your 1K

Delko (Abomasnow) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 SDef
- Ice Shard
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Seed Bomb

Comments: Delko aka gay for hail. Thanks for rating all my teams and stuff and for doing work in RMT. I don’t rate so much but its still cool to see people working on it. Also thanks for helping me with shit when im building stuff, its nice to have someone to bounce ideas off

Haunter (M) @ Eviolite
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Substitute
- Pain Split

Big boss of RMT aka my fav forum and your fun to chill with on PO.

Eternal (Suicune) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Rest
- Calm Mind
- Sleep Talk

Comments: Thanks for tutoring me and then going one step further and trying to increase my role in the community. Also thanks for putting up with me when id bug you about something I was teambuilding. So yeah, thanks man for your help.

Fatecrashers (Octillery) (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Sniper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Energy Ball
- Fire Blast

Your not here atm so ill prolly give you an shoutout on IRC when you return cos this RMT will prolly be page 20 or something when you return. Just know its been awesome knowing you and hopefully we can catch up against some time, idk.

Extras

Eos (Lucario) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
- Swords Dance
- Crunch
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed

Comments: Fucking boss PO mod

Everyone else on #ocn: Your all a good bunch of people to hang around with so thanks for that I guess.

PLAYA: Stop fucking whinging man heres your shoutout

Seriously, good bro in #ocn and about a 1,000,000x better than Frizy so there you go

Everyone else I forgot: Sorry, contact me or something and ill add you in.

Hey,

Really nice team. I have a quick nitpick before I begin: On both Dragonite and Salamence, move the 4 HP EVs into SpD or Def. If they are in HP, you'll get less switch-ins on SR, and if your Starmie is gone, this can be crucial. There aren't many other holes in your team, as it's really solid. However, you stated you have a bit of a Terrakion problem, along with some weaknesses to some cores, so you might want to consider using a standard DD Dragonite set over your current one so that you can set up and then take down basically anything not named Skarmory in your way. Skarm can be handled by Heatran, and there are really no downsides to using a DD set other than the lack of immediate power. Also, you already have 2 other Choiced Pokemon, so it would be easier to play with 1 less.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk | 4 SpD | 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
~ Outrage
~ Earthquake
~ ExtremeSpeed
~ Dragon Dance

That's my two cents. Feel free to disregard it. Cool team, and good luck!

Good team, i like the metagross pursuit idea. I would reccomend replacing one of them though, seeing as 3 of them are vunerable to ice(and the other are taken down, it might not be a good idea to have 3 of the same weakness). I would suggest a fast fighting/fire type presumably infernape. maybetake off CS from heatran as 3 of its 4 moves have no effect or power up other types(flash fire, sap sipper and levitate/flying) maybe you could put in flash cannon becuase earth power might not strong enough to overtake tyranitar in one shot. also itaffects everything at least. The team looks promising anyway so these are optional.

ginganinja

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not gunna lie, Landorus is a tricky bitch that takes a fair bit of prediction to take down. Virizion does o.k in that it can gradually take off a bit with Leaf Blade but yea, its a problem. Usually I just predict / play around it but it, along with Terrakion are problems.

I suspose I could run HP Ice on Virizion but I really like Stone Edge hitting Volcarona, Gyarados, Dragonite and Salamence all in one move

my best suggestion would be ice punch over earthquake to handle them easier. You have two other pokes with powerful earth moves so i think it is your best bet

d'awwwwww swalot

I promised a long long time ago I would rate your 2k. Unfortunately don't expect anything like your 1k rate, I'm kind of out of the loop on this stuff to be honest.

AAAAAAAAnyways, this team has some good offensive synergy but also a strong defensive backbone to fall back on, me gusta mucho. As noted, things like Landorus can mess you up, but this also extends to Mienshao for pretty similar reasons, since he can outspeed a good portion of your team and KO them with an appropriate move. You might consider replacing Salamence- in my opinion he's pretty redundant with Dragonite, and on a team with two priority attackers and a lot of overall speed in general, I don't see his utility. I could also see where something like CB Terrakion could mess you up (I mean who doesn't it mess up?), since you lack a good switch in to Rock and Fighting attacks.

AS SUCH, you might try using a Skarmory over Salamence. They actually serve pretty similar purposes, resisting physical attacks and preventing them from sweeping you-one with powerful scarf attacks, and the other with Whirlwind. What Skarmory offers is a more reliable mode of defeating the aforementioned sweepers, with recovery and sans the ugly SR weakness. He also offers Spikes, which a team like this can abuse fanTASTically. As soon as I saw you had Specs Heatran I thought, "he must have Spikes somwhere". I mean, this team is tailor-made for it, with the obvious exception of a blocker.

That aside, this is a cool team, keep trucking man. I hope this helps!

Oh, and your Virizion is Hasty. Somebody's running Hidden Power ice????????

ginganinja

thanks for the rate Smith, I tested out Skarmory like you suggested but it just really killed this teams momentum. Also, like every team had a rapid spinner which really fucked over Skarmory and ended up wasting a slot. It also drew in shit like Starmie which was just really hard to play around. My team is quite frail defensively, and the team could'nt really back Skarm up.

Salamence does seem overkill, but then. it was a good cleaner and I like the resistances it brings. Im not opposed to dropping Salamence at all, I just want something that doesn't wreck my offensive momentum

Changed Virizion to Jolly

@ Jordyz

Ice Punch doesn't really work since Landorus are either U-Turning on Metagross or fucking hammering it with Earthquake. I much prefer Earthquake for dealing with SDef Heatran (since Metagross can tank a Lava Plume no worries)

Thanks to all the comments, and im glad you all liked it :)

This team is cool, really similar to mine and lol i use that heatran but its scarfed instead of specs. I also use that exact virizon and the exact d-nite but EQ over Waterfall. All in all seems solid ;)

My guess is that landorus cant OHKO salamance after intimidate-i would drop dragon claw and teach it dragon dance instead if you ever get a free turn.

i use Specs tran myself and may i suggest trying Overheat on heatran over HP Grass or fire blast, prob HP Grass judging by how much u like fire blast, although Fire blast does a fuck ton of damage, Overheat does a metric fuck done of damage (OHKO's Haxorus) and has a little more acc and heatran will be hitting and running alot anyways plus u have a spinner. overall i like it because even if u predict wrong it will deal so much damage to anything really. Anyways really like ur team sorry i couldnt say more i dont really rate teams

Great team man. I don't have much to say since I'm shit at rates.

However: You really weren't kidding when you said you wouldn't give me a shout out if I kept it up, huh? =(.

Great team I didn't expect the outcome, but your sets work perfectly for the meta-game. GG and make it peak high man.

Hey I just versed your team lol. I must say it's a great team overall, especially the specs tran. I used it myself on a sun team and it ohko'ed a blissey w/ a crit. (did 52% w/o the crit). Really just came to say congrats and I really like the team. Oh yeah, and our game was lots of fun w/ all of the hax and crits and misses. Great team and great job again

What do you do up against a defensive rain team? Or rain in general, since you have no weather changer it seems like once rain is up your heatran and dragonite loose 50% of their potential. I'd switch the metagross to a band or chopple tyranitar both handle reuniclus pretty well.

Team looks OK. But I defenitely would switch out your lead with something better. Metagross without Bullet Punch as a lead would be really a waste. That set you have "stolen" from was good in gen4 due to that many Azelf starters back in the time that could be killed by pursuit. Even that was still a problem because many azelf still have been able to sometimes kill Metagross with Flamethrower or they just U-Turn out. In Gen5 that lead is not that good anymore neither was it in gen4.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is this Susan Coffey's team, cuz it's sexy xP. The team's really unique with a unique offensive core, with an uncommon Metagross lead that helps check special threats. Thanks for sharing this team, ginganinja!

Although your CBNite & SpecsTran is a formidable pair, I feel that all these choiced items are just invitations for disaster. You may not like this idea, but may you perhaps try Life Orb on Heatran? With Life Orb, it has some interesting options for its fourth slot. For one, you can give it Metal Sound, so even special behemoth like Chansey & Blissey would struggle taking hits from Heatran. Another option is Taunt, to prevent special walls from healing, among other uses. You may be particularly interested in the SunnyBeam set however. With Sunny Day, Heatran can regain its firepower even against Rain teams. Even more, it gains access to SolarBeam, a much more powerful Grass-type move to slaughter Water-types and Tyranitar. Unfortunately, Heatran still falls short in scoring a 2HKO Chansey / Blissey with Sun-boosted LO Fire Blast, but it can force them to heal so that you can safely switch in your Physical Sweepers.

Heatran @ Life Orb | Flash Fire
Modest | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
1) Fire Blast | Earth Power | Hidden Power [Grass] / Dragon Pulse | Metal Sound / Taunt
2) Fire Blast | Sunny Day | Solar Beam | Earth Power

Honestly, it's difficult to resolve your Terrakion / Landorus weakness that arises from having a Heatran. I actually think Scarf Salamence is a decent answer to Terrakion / Landorus, especially with Intimidate to buffer Terrakion's Close Combat / EQ aimed towards Heatran. Metagross, too, is not easy to replace, because it eases the burden on Heatran to wall Dragon hits. What you can do is attach Shuca Berry on Metagross and add Ice Punch over Pursuit. Your Metagross only takes 55-65% from a Sand Force-boosted EQ from Landorus, so it can handily lure and remove one of Heatran's pests. Shuca Berry & Ice Punch is also a good lure in scraping off a good 60% of Gliscor's health; I would possibly give Metagross 128 Atk EVs so Ice Punch does 64%, which makes it fall into CBNite's Outrage KO range even after 2 turns of healing. Adding Shuca Berry makes Metagross surviving Lava Plume from Heatran less likely, but by opting for Life Orb > Specs, your Heatran has no problem scoring an OHKO on specially-defensive Heatran.

I hope this rate helps. Have fun with this hot team, ginganinja.

Bawss team. You obviously took a long time thinking about this team and I think the results are very solid. You can revenge kill landlos with mence anyway; if they're rock polish, you still have priority and virizion. Love the lum btw. Only nitpick I have is hip not being hitmonlee. That shit's just wrong.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Incredible team! I love your Specs Heatran. 2 changes you should consider for handling Landorus and Terakion better is putting Bullet Punch, Ice Punch and a Shuca Berry on Metagross. This way you can tank an EQ from Landorus and ohko back with Ice Punch and BP to hit Terakion for huge damage after it goes at -1 defences.
Also as Pocket said you may consider the possibility of changing your Heatran set to one of the 2 he mentioned to give less free switch-ins to opposing Terakions and Specially Defensive Heatrans.
The second suggestion is a minor one, and is clearly up the user. If you have good prediction skills and don't mind being forced out so much, then the beast called Specs Heatran is for you. But if you prefer playing more safe and giving to your opponent less set-up oportunites then one of the 2 sets that Pocket mentioned is for you.
But my first suggestion is the most important and i think it would help you a lot.

Good luck with your team man!

What do you do up against a defensive rain team? Or rain in general, since you have no weather changer it seems like once rain is up your heatran and dragonite loose 50% of their potential. I'd switch the metagross to a band or chopple tyranitar both handle reuniclus pretty well.
I'd have to agree that chople ttar is where I was leaning to for replacing metagross. Although gross is more solid than Tyranitar (literally :nerd:) Tyranitar provides the team with weather and has a stabbed pursuit. Crunch has better coverage than Meteor Mash, and you still have a slot open for super power or fireblast. Unfortunately sand doesn't help Dragonite, but neither does no control over the weather help your team.

For Starmie I'd just suggest Hydro Pump over surf. More damage with pretty decent accuracy. As a revenger / offensive spinner I'd say that hydro pump gets more solid KOs and completely takes Pokemon like Terrakion in sand. Surf might leave it with just a little hp and really isn't worth the risk when you are going to hit a majority of the time.

The only negative result I can see with switching Gross For T-tar is that Terrakion will have one more Pokemon to switch into.

Caesar or Oppressor would be cool names for Tyranitar, because he's a tyrant. Good luck.

i allowed myself to try this team and huh, bro, it works wonderfully.

impressing how all this physical sweepers combined with themselves just bricks the majority of the OU metagame walls.

congratulations on 2k posts lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)