Challenge Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, since I finished soloing Pokemon Emerald with only a Lotad earlier today, I've decided to start a Fire Red Nuzlocke. Tried one of these before (Soul Silver), but I never finished it.

Rules:
1. Only allowed to catch the first Poke I see on each route

2. If a Poke faints, it must never be used again and must be deposited in box 6.

3. Unlimited Pokemon Center uses, however, after the first time I visit a town I must get rid of half my money every time I choose to use one.

4. A "twist" rule: Before any 2 gym leaders/E4, I can choose to resurrect any Poke I want; however, I must get rid of all of my money and any healing items in my inventory if I choose to do so.

EDIT: 5. And, of course, all must be nicknamed.

Since I'm playing this on a jail-broken iPod Touch, I'll post pictures to go along with my updates (which will begin tomorrow and will probably occur 3 times a week).

Also note that I'll only be playing on weekdays, unless I don't finish before the Summer.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
YES PLEASE GOD POST AN UPDATE FLAMESTRIKE

Anyway

I started Route 3 full of excitement. I stepped into the grass and managed to encounter some sort of lightning horse. I captured it and named it Jolt before continuing onwards. Suddenly a group of men in grey dashed past clutching a pokemon. Angry voices sounded and I realised that these two creeps had stolen some girls pokemon. Furious I dashed after them and threw a pokeball. Bacon appeared a head of those thieves and blocked their way. The Thieves tried to backtrack but I stepped in and blocked their way. Snarling they reached for there own pokeballs…

A minute later Bacon was standing, quite untouched and the thieves were quivering on the ground after Bacons explosion fire powers. I gave them a sweet smile and grabbed the stolen pokemon of them and returned it to the little girl.

Drivtveil Cave was pretty cool to explore and I managed to find a Drilbur that I named Mach. Then I continued onwards to Nacrene City.

I arrived at the city and then carried on to Pinwheel Forest to see if I could catch a new pokemon for my team. I encountered a Pidove which was not that great but I caught it anyway and named it Olive. I then returned to Nacrene City.

I prepared myself to enter the Gym when suddenly N walked out and spotted me. N seemed quite happy to see me and quickly challenged me to a battle as he sent out Pidove while I countered with Mach. Mach was fast, very fast and I was quickly able to take momentum with Rock Smash which cancelled out N’s attempts to lower my attack thanks to defence drops. Realising that he was in trouble N ordered a Quick Attack. Pidove sailed through the air and then landed a nasty blow, critically striking my poor mole before I could finish Pidove off. Mach reeled backwards and then fell to the ground.

Furious at the lucky blow I tried to return Mach to its pokeball but nothing happened. Confused I tried again. Nothing happened. It was at this moment that I realised that Mach had stopped breathing.

I knelt next to my fallen friend and started sobbing as I began to realise my friend was not coming back. N appeared as confused as I was. As I regarded him sorrow quickly turned to rage as I confronted him. “What did you do!” I screamed at him. N seemed taken aback at my sudden switch in emotions. “Its not my fault its yours!” he managed to stammer out. Outraged by his suggestion that it has been my fault this happened I sent out Bacon. I was so furious I could have quite happily ripped his head off. “How on EARTH could it have been my fault?” I shrieked as N took a quick step backwards, I could not blame him, it was probably the safest thing to do. “Just, just let me explain” he cried out. I stared at him, still furious . “Azure, this is why pokemon and people must be kept separate”, he said. “We battled and as a result the pokemon that you caught has died as a result of that battle”. Weird as it was, those words made a strange kind of sense. It was me who had captured Mach, had I not done so he might have even been still alive. Again sorrow overwhelmed the anger in me for a minute before I regained control. Despite me realising that he was right, I was not going to give him any satisfaction because of it. I nodded at Bacon who sent a blast of flame towards Pidove, roasting it. I could tell that N was willing to talk a bit more, but he could still see the insane glint of rage in my eye and he left.

I was still furious as I entered the gym and swept through it like a hurricane. Lenora might have picked up that I was upset by something but if she did, she ignored it. Herdier was her first pick and Bacon, also furious at his friends death, destroyed it before it could launch an attack. With a grim smile Lenora sent in Watchog. I realised too late, that battling so soon after losing a friend had made me reckless. Lenora was one of those gym leaders that could not be taken lightly as now she was free to unleash a Retaliate at my pokemon. Again, furious at my failure Nip was sent in and was nailed with a STAB Retaliate as expected. Hit by the stunning blow he was dead before he hit the floor. Bacon returned to the field again, surviving a second Retaliate and smashing into it with Flame Charge before finishing it off with a quick flurry of Air Thrusts . I had my second badge, but with 2 friends gone, how could I ever continue?

Yep thats the end. No poke summery at the moment because I am slightly ahead than I am in my writing so you should get a summery after the next update. Stay Tuned!

Beginning a Nuzlocke on White, going to post updates. Already have gotten my 1st Badge, and this is my current position.

Brisingr the Tepig
Lv. 13
Jolly
Moves: Tackle
Tail Whip
Ember
Odor Sleuth

Yorkie the Lillipup
Lv. 13
Nature: Quirky
Moves: Tackle
Leer
Bite
Helping Hand

Sam the Pansage
Creeza the Purloin

No one dead yet, and I hope to keep it that way.

Note that I've decided NOT to give up half my money for every Pokemon Center use; to make up for this, there will no longer be a species clause.

Well, my first update. This one'll be short; pardon my lack of creativity. I'll try to post some pictures later. EDIT: Pictures posted.

So, my adventure begins. As usual, Oak asks what my name is. "133k" I say, having absolutely no idea how one would pronounce that. Of course his ever-forgotten grandson decides to rear up his ugly head. I thought about this for about 5 minutes, but eventually decided that my Rival's name was "Yer Mom" (you can imagine how awkward this is at times.) Waking up, blah blah blah, Lab, blah blah blah, my first Pokemon; Yurtle the Squirtle. I battle Yer Mom and win (yay for no hax.)
Now, I'm going to be completely honest: I cheated right here. I had no idea that I had received 5 PokeBalls at this point. Once I noticed, I decided to "start over" from that point. I caught Gladis, the Pidgey, since it looked like an old lady to me.
After learning how to catch a Pokemon for the 20th time, I move on up to route 2 (or 3, I forgot) and ran into a Caterpie, in which I named, "AHYEAHYEAI" (for those of you that don't catch the reference).
After that, PRAYING that I ran into a Pikachu in the forest, and guess what happens?
Another damn Caterpie. Not even any Weedle action...
I get my friends' opinions, and they say I should name it "Bellsprout" (I regret not naming it "Samurai".)
I started grinding a bit in Viridian Forest, and here I am, and my Current Team.

AHYEAHYEAI is currently benched.

I'll try to have more photos next time...

White nuzlocke challenge Part 2

I exited the gym and i met a professor called Fennel. She wanted me to obtain some dream smoke from the dreamyard and she gave me the HM Cut.

when I slashed the tree, Bianca appeared. We met a munna, but then team Plasma appeared!! They wanted some dream smoke too. they wanted to battle me, because i didn't want them to hurt that poor munna! After 2 very quick battles, we saw their leader, Ghetsis, telling them to leave. We then discovered that it was the doing of a Musharna. It gave me some dream smoke. Fennel rewarded me with a C-Gear! YAY! I went on with my journey to route 3

I arrived at route 3 and i saw some kids playing. I wanted to make them smile and battled them. After some victories, I went on and Cheren appeared. He wanted to have a battle, because we both won at the gym. I defeated him easily. But what was that??? 2 plasma grunts running off? Biacna ran with a crying girl. Her pokémon was stolen! Me and Cheren went to wellspring cave to get the pokémon back, but first, I befriended a Bashfull Blitzle called Marty (from madagaskar ^^), but i wouldn't use him.

In wellspring cave, I fought against a plasma grunt and cheren defeated the other one. Then 2 new grunts showed up and Cheren and me deafted them in a double battle. Now for this area's pokémon: I used repels to make sure i didn't encounter any pokémon. And eventually, I captured a naughty Drilbur (first encounter ^^) called Shuvel

Back on route 3, I went on to Nacrene City, BUT. I a battle, a Patrat used Bide and I couldn't kill him before the unleash. So I sacrifised Chip, my lvl 3 Patrat. It was a great loss, but it was needed.

The exterior is a different place and i Battled some trainers and caught a Bold Tympole named Steve. I was afraid that we would be a sacrifise unit too for Lenora. Also, Kobra evolved to a Servine and Daddy Evolved into a Herdier

In the gym, I had to answer questions hidden in books to find Lenora. I correctly answered all hide and seek questions and i could fight Lenora

Gym Battle vs. Lenora
ok Here we go! it is Kobra vs Herdier to start off the battle. I'm not gonna post EVERY move, but the important ones. anyways, I start off with a Leaf Tornado and it does around 35% damage. Adding the take down recoil brings him to 50%. the takedown does around 48%, so i can survive another hit and win in 2 turns. And Kobra evades the Take Down. YAY. Lenora uses a hyper potion while I LT again. It looks like a easy victory against Herdier. He got 2 acc drops already. I Evade his Take Down again because of -3 accuracy (leaf tornado hax ^^). So herdier is DOWN.

Lenora brings in Watchog, I bring in Daddy for the intimidate. And watchog sleepes me with hypnosis! That doesn't look good. Come on Daddy, wake up! First try, no luck. Retaliate does around 35% damage, a sure 3HKO. 2nd try, nothing agian. I need to heal with super potion. 3rd try to wake up, and he wakes up! But the rock smash does absolutely nothing... After another sequence of superpotion, Watchog sleepes me again. Watchog goes to crunch and Daddy wakes up! He can take another crunch But hypnosis, AGAIN! Daddy has only 6 HP left, which means SP time. After another 2 crunches Daddy ties to wake up, but he stays asleep. Another crunch, Daddy almost dead, but he wakes up and kills Watchog! We won!!

Lenora hands me the Basic badge and the TM Retaliate. Whats this?!?! Lenora's husband comes in telling that a precious skull has been stolen! Find out more in the next part of my pokémon Nuzlocke Challenge!

Pete (Panpour) lvl 18
Modest Nature
- Scratch
- Leer
- Fury Swipes
- Water Gun

Shuvel (Drilbur) lvl 18
Naughty nature
- Scratch
- Metal Claw
- Fury Swipes
- Rock Smash

Daddy (Herdier) lvl 20
Gentle Nature
- Tackle
- Rock Smash
- Bite
- Take Down

Kobra (Servine) lvl 21
Quiet Nature
- Tackle
- Leaf Tornado
- Leech Seed
- Growth

Marty (Blitzle) lvl 8
Steve (Tympole) lvl 13

Chip (Patrat) lvl 3

- catch 1 pokémon per route MAX. It must be the first I encounter
- When a pokémon faints, it's DEAD and cannot be used again
- Nickname every obtained pokemon
- Gift pokemon count as long as required in an area where no other pokemon was required (like Archen)
- In game trade: only ONCE (as the area is 'Link trade')
- My pokémon can't be lvl'ed higher than the leader's highest lvl'ed pokemon, otherwise, they can't be used in the battle
- Max lvl for E4: 52

White Nuzlocke challenge Part 3

After the battle, Lenora's husband runs in. Team Plasma is going to steal something from the museum! We all hurry to the main entrance and we see team Plasma steal the Dragon Skull! Burgh and me go after them into Pinwheel Forest.

In Pinwheel Forest, I had a double battle against 2 Sewaddle with Shuvel and Daddy. I thought Shuvel would surive 2 razor leafs, but one of them critted and killed her!!! O poor Shuvel, it is a great loss, you will be missed.... Anyways, i caught a male Sewaddle called Worm. It was a lonely Sewaddle so i decided to store it in the box with Chip and Marty. Speaking of Marty, I trained him and he's in my party now. Eventually, I retrieved the Dragon Skull and I went to Castellia city.

Inside, i went to a dock and obtained a Water Stone for Pete. Then I went to the gym. Cheren came out and Burgh too. It seemed that Team Plasma had done something bad, so I went with him. On a dock, we found out that Bianca Munna was stolen! At that moment, a Grunt showed and we followed him to his hideout. Ghetsis was there, telling us about his plans. We got the Munna back and Team Plasma left. Before I enter the gym, I'll go training in route 4 and also catch a new Team member! It is a Naive Male Sandile called Mr Crok.

In the gym, I had to walk thourhg sticky honey to step on switches to open another Path. After battling every trainer, I started my Battle against Burgh.

Gym Leader: Burgh. Type: Bug
Burgh led with Whirlpede and I did with Daddy. I immediately attacked with Take Down after an Intimidate. It did about 50 % damage. Whirlpede used Purstuit and did only like 10% of my health. I used tackle to avoid the Hyper Potion and it did the right amount of damage. The poison tail ALMOST killes Daddy and poisons me, so i heal with Fresh Water. Next turn, Whirlpede is gone.

Burgh sends in his Dwebble. I send in Simipour, because Pete has evolved! I use Scald right away and OHKO Dwebble.

Burgh uses his final pokémon, Leavanny. I use Daddy, just for the intimidate. Then I switched into Kobra. The razor leaf doesn't hurt me. After a Struggle Bug I use Growth. Then a Leaf Tornado to lower the accuracy. I use a Super Potion and I evade the attack! Another struggle bug hits and I growth again. I use Growth again. Now time for Tackle spam! I expect a protect and switch into Marty and he does protect! I can go first and kill with Flame Charge! We won!!!!! I got the Insect Badge and the TM struggle Bug! After I healed I went to route 4........

Mr. Crok (Sandile) lvl 18
Naive nature with Moxie
- Sand-Attack
- Torment
- Sand Tomb
- Assurance

Pete (Simipour) lvl 22
Modest Nature with Gluttony
- Bite
- Grass Knot
- Rock Smash
- Scald

Daddy (Herdier) lvl 23
Gentle Nature with Intimidate
- Tackle
- Rock Smash
- Bite
- Take Down

Marty (Blitzle) lvl 23
Bashful Nature with Lightningrod
- Quick Attack
- Flame Charge
- Thunder Wave
- Shock Wave

Kobra (Servine) lvl 22
Quiet Nature with Overgrow
- Tackle
- Leaf Tornado
- Leech Seed
- Growth

Worm (Sewaddle) lvl 14
Steve (Tympole) lvl 13

Shuvel (Drilbur) lvl 18
Chip (Patrat) lvl 3

- Gift pokemon count as long as required in an area where no other pokemon was required (like Archen)
- My pokémon can't be lvl'ed higher than the leader's highest lvl'ed pokemon, otherwise, they can't be used in the battle

Nuzlocke Challenge Part 4

Part 4

As I went to route 4, Bianca appeared. She wanted a battle with me and Cheren wanted one too. I pwned both of them and went on. I got a nice Tm, Dig and went to the Desert Resort.

I arrived and defeated a doctor. YAY, now we can heal anytime we want! NOw we go on defeat all trainers. I stumbled apon a Dweblle, but i accidentally fled from the battle,so no new pokémon team members. Then we went inside Relic Castle.

In Relic Castle, I caught a female Calm Yamask called Cleo. Then I battled a Sigilyph and Cleo died.... Poor Cleo, our first battle and you die already. It wasn't a great loss as Shuvel though. I got revenge with Daddy ^^. In there, I obtained a Plume fossil. Now let's move on to Nimbasa City.

In the city, i see a man threatened by 2 Plasma Grunts. I quickly come to the rescue and as a reward I get a Bike! I immediate;y cycle to Nacrene city and 'evolve' my fossil. It is a Docile male Archen called Triceratop. A nice Fly user, which is My newest Team Member. I head back and I spot L near the Amusement Park. He takes me in a Ferris Wheel ride and tells me that he is the leader of Team Plasma! After that he battles me and I defeat him. Then I heal and enter the Gym

In the gym, there are rollercoasters which I have to ride to get through the gym. I battle a LOT of Emolga's and Blitzles and I arrive at Elesa

Gym Leader Elesa:
She starts off with Emolga, I start with Mr. Crok. I use a X-Defend, to endure more Aerial Aces and as expected, it does around 30% damage. I use Rock tomb and it does a nice amount of damage, another Aerial Ace and Mr. Krok's health is is more than 51%, so he lives 2 more hits! My rock tomb misses and i decided to heal for safety. The next Rock Tomb crittes and kills Emolga! I get my Moxie boost and I battle the next Emolga. (HP left, 53/75).
My Rock Tomb does now 60% damage, so I 2HKO the next Emolga.

And now, Zebstrika. I heal to check how many damage Zebstrika does with Flame Charge. It is almost nothing and I proceed to kill with a +2 SE Dig (so that is a +2 attack dig with BP 240). We won from one of the hardest Gym Leaders in the Game with relative easy!! We obtain the Bolt Badge as reward and the TM Volt Switch. I go to Castellia to defeat any missing trainers and that conlcudes this part of my White Nuzlocke Challenge!

Triceratop (Archen) lvl 25
Docile Nature with Defeatist
- Pluck
- AncientPower
- Agility
- Quick Guard

Marty (Blitzle) lvl 25
- Quick Attack
- Flame Charge
- Spark
- Shock Wave

Pete (Simipour) lvl 25
- Bite
- Grass Knot
- Rock Tomb
- Scald

Daddy (Herdier) lvl 26
Gentle Nature with Intimidate
- Dig
- Rock Smash
- Crunch
- Take Down

Mr. Crok (Sandile) lvl 28
Naive nature with Moxie
- Dig
- Rock Tomb
- Mud-Slap
- Crunch

Kobra (Servine) lvl 25
- Tackle
- Leaf Tornado
- Leech Seed
- Mega Drain

Worm (Sewaddle) lvl 14
Steve (Tympole) lvl 13

Cleo (Yamask) lvl 22
Shuvel (Drilbur) lvl 18
Chip (Patrat) lvl 3

Part 5

After the Gym, I went to the norht and tealked to Bianca. She showed how to play dress-up (*yaaawn*) and then her fahther showed up. He wanted Bianca to go home, but she didn't Elesa then came (with her Ipod rolling voer the ground XD) and said that Bianca should continue her journey and Bianca's father eventually agreed. They then left and I went to Route 16.

On Route 16, I battled some trainers and went into a patch of grass and a Minccino (male) showed up. I caught it and I obtained Mowz the bashful Minccino of lvl 19. Then I saw the entrance to Lostlorn Forest and I caught Eagle, the hardy female Tranquil of lvl 21. They both went to the box. Then I went to Route 6

On route 5, Cheren appeared. He wanted to see who was stonger in a battle and I defeated him. Directly after that, Elesa showed up and we met Alder, the chanpion of Unova! Cheren complained about him having fun and Alder let us battle vs 2 youngsters. Their Heriders were tough, but beatable. After that, I battled other trainers and met a Minccino and fled the battle. Also, in this route, Marty evolved into a Zebstrika. Hurray! And Mr. Crok evolved into a Krokorok!
Elesa left the drawbridge and I went to Driftveil City, but on the birdge, I caught a Ducklett called Daisy. She will be my Fly slave until Triceratop evolves.

In Driftveil City, Clay showed up and talked about team plasma. They had ben spotted in Driftveil City so Cheren and I had to find them. Before I did that, I had a Triple battles with someone and that is a nice way of battling! Anyways, I entered the Cold Storage.

In the Cold Storage, I battled some youngsters and I met a Timburr. I tried to catch it, but one of my moves critted so he died *sob*. So no new team members. In the Storage, I battle some workers and I found Team Plasma in a container. Cheren and I battled all of the Grunts and eventually, Clay showed up to arrest them. I could now enter the Gym! Or not.... First, Clay let them escape in front of the gym because the had him cornered. Now I could enter!

the gym was a gigantic mine. I ahd to use elevators te get to Clay, battling trainers along the way. Then I battled Clay for my 5th badge:

Gym Leader: Clay
He started off with a Krokorok and I used Kobra. I went for the Leaf Tornado, abrely killing him. He used Bullsoze and lowered my Speed. He used hyper potion as I Leech Seeded. Then a Swagger, making Kobra hit itself in confusion! After a torment, Kobra hit himself AGAIN. The a Crunch followed and Kobra hit himself AGAIN. At least i had leech seed up. I then used a Hyper Potion as Krokorok Crunched. Then ANOTHER hit to itself and the next hit killed Krokorok. FINALLY.

Clay sent in his Excadrill and I sent Daddy. After this battle, I thaught of using eviolite as item and you will see why: I used dig as Excadrill used Hone Claws. The enxt turn, he went first, so he used Hone Claws again and Daddy did 51% damage with dig. If I could only survive one hit, but no... Excadrill used Bulldoze, killing Daddy!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! It is great loss *snif*. In anger, I sent in Pete and he KO'ed Excadrill with Scald.

Final round: Kobra vs Palpitoad and Kobra at 50% health. I used Mega Drain, almost killing him and he used Aqua Ring. Then Clay used a Hyper Potion and the Korba used Leaf Tornado for the OHKO. Victory! But we lost Daddy. That night, I thaught about our good times and then went on. Clay didn't give me the tm, but wanted me to meet him at Chargestone Cave.

Triceratop (Archen) lvl 29
Docile Nature with Defeatist
- Pluck
- Rock Tomb
- Acrobatics
- Dig

Marty (Zebstrika) lvl 29
- Quick Attack
- Flame Charge
- Spark
- Shock Wave

Pete (Simipour) lvl 29
- Bite
- Grass Knot
- Rock Tomb
- Scald

Mr. Crok (Krokorok) lvl 29
Naive nature with Moxie
- Dig
- Rock Tomb
- Mud-Slap
- Crunch

Kobra (Servine) lvl 31
- Slam
- Leaf Tornado
- Leech Seed
- Mega Drain

Daisy (Ducklett) lvl 25
Eagle (Tranquill) lvl 21
Mowz (Minccino) lvl 19
Worm (Sewaddle) lvl 14
Steve (Tympole) lvl 13

Daddy (Herdier) lvl 28
Cleo (Yamask) lvl 22
Shuvel (Drilbur) lvl 18
Chip (Patrat) lvl 3

ginganinja

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
BIG FUCKING MASSIVE UPDATE

Yeah o.k waaaay ahead on my game so I better post this now otherwise id never update.

Still furious after my lost I left the gym to see those weird men in grey grab a dragon skull and run away with it! I chased after them meeting up with a gym leader named Burgh. Joining forces we raced into Pinwheel Forest.

The men in grey (or Team Plasma) had hidden themselves quite well. They were also relatively good battlers. Many a time I had to retreat to a pokemon centre to heal up. Having lost 2 members of my team I had become more cautious and as such it was beginning to affect my battling style. Finally however, I came across Gorm, a sage of Team Plasma. Despite apparently having him cornered he managed to escape so I continued onwards to Castelia City.

Castelia City was HUGE and I don’t actually remember how long I spent in the city. I remember, that I did a fair bit of training and managed to discover a Team Plasma hideout close to the gym. I stepped inside the building and instantly saw the same man that I had seen making a speech. Again, he offered a slight smile when he saw me and asked if I had met a boy named N. The grief must have shown on my face because his gave a smirk and then left. I was very distressed and confused. Not only did this man hint at knowing that my pokemon had died but was also rather pleased about it. Upset I left for the gym which really was simple. Bacon blasted his way through and I was able to continue onwards to the Desert roads

The Desert was a harsh place however I managed to do some serious training as well as adding a few members to my team. I caught a Scraggy (Tempest), a Sandile named Sobek and a Yamask named King Tut. In addition I managed to find a Cover Fossil and received a Tirtouga for my troubles. I finally arrived at Nimbasa City ready for a battle. Jolt had evolved into the powerful Zebstrika so I felt confident that the badge could be mine. However, I had also heard that team Plasma had been seen in the city and I went hunting for them. I was keen to find this Ghetsis character and ask him to tell me how he seemed to know so much about my lost friends.

Anyway I soon discovered that Team Plasma had last been seen in the Park so I wandered in to see if I could spot them. Weirdly enough I spotted N who offered to take a ride on a Ferris wheel with me. We rode the wheel around and he informed me that he was the King of Team Plasma and asked for my support. I hesitated, Team Plasma had stolen a lot of pokemon unfairly from trainers. It had certainly done some criminal things. However, I thought back to my pokemon dying and N telling m that it was my fault. I began to wonder what would happen if pokemon dying started to happen to other trainers, would not separation be best for all? I was almost ready to accept N’s offer when I remembered Ghetsis’s passing words “Have you met N yet?”. Something just did not seem to add up. I recalled my feelings when I received my first pokemon, the experiences we have shared and suddenly it all became clear. “I am sorry N but I refuse your offer”, I replied. N’s face twisted into something that might have been extreme irritation before challenging me to a battle. Unlike the last time, the battle went like clockwork and I was able to defeat him with little trouble. In the process, Sobek evolved which gave me another powerful pokemon to take on Elesa with. My path set I challenged the gym.

Elesa might well have been a strong trainer, I don’t know. However with a ground type as well as an electric type on hand immune to electric attacks she was up against it. Sobek quickly crushed her and I carried onwards.

Route 16 was my next stop and I added a cute little Solosis to my party naming it Cell. I also captured a Petilil and named it Rose. With a full team of pokemon I caught a Trubbish at Route 5 and began training. However during training my beloved Jolt fell to a critical hit. Deeply upset with myself again for failing I carried on and managed to enter Driftveil with no more casualties. I encountered Team Plasma yet again and this time managed to capture them. Impatient to challenge the gym I rushed too it and found Ghetsis outside threatening Clay to let his men go. Again Ghetsis gave a smirk when seeing me but this time there was a hint of frustration, as if something was not quite right. I tried to talk to Ghetsis about why he seemed interested in me but I was too late. Clay had buckled under pressure and let the captured Team Plasma members go free.

As a gym leader, Clay was extremely tough to beat. Leading with Krokorok I sent out the powerful Bacon to fight. Despite being weak to ground moves it still packed powerful fighting attacks. A few quick Arm Thrusts brought the croc down with Bacon still fine. Seeking to scare off my powerful starter Clay sent out Palpitoad which had a firm advantage over Bacon. Thinking fast I sent in Tempest who traded blows with the toad creature finally catching it by surprise by shrugging of a powerful Muddy Water and hitting back with a boosted Payback. That just left Excadrill and I was a little worried. That thing was plenty bulky and I was worried about it boosting with Hone Claws and sweeping me. Praying hard I sent out Jade, my water turtle. Surprised with me sending in a Rock Type on a Ground Type, Clay responded as expected, using Hone Claws to increase his moles attack power. Jade however, reacted fast cloaking itself in water and speeding headlong into the powerful mole with all its strength. Excadrill shrugged off the hit and Clay grinned in victory. Excadrill slammed its claws on the ground with terrific force shaking the ground its bulldoze attack smashing jade backwards. The smoke cleared and Jade was still standing! Sturdy had activated protecting itself from fainting and now Jade called forth a massive wall of water which hammered into Excadrill, leaving it barely alive. Jade then smashed into it one final time with its powerful Aqua Jet netting me the win.

Despite my victory I knew it had been a close run thing. Therefore I quickly popped into Charge Stone cave, finding a Ferroseed and naming it Thorns. I left immediately after ready to train my team in preparation for the harsh battles ahead.

Thorns (Ferroseed)
Lv 28
Impish
-Curse
-Metal Claw
-Pin Missile
-Gyro Ball

Summery
Thorns has only been with the team for a short time but already has cemented his place among my more permanent members. His excellent defensive states, coupled with his nice typing and ability make him the perfect pivot. Thorns also acts as a solid check to water types which I lost when Jolt died. Currently exploring the possibility of running Sandstorm to help Jade out.

Jade (Tirtouga)
Lv 31
Serious
-Aqua Jet
-Brine
-Crunch
-Smack Down

Summery
Jade was picked as my fossil because I needed a water type for Surf and I did not want to be caught short. While I don’t currently have Surf, Jade pulls his weight by giving me powerful STAB attacks and the possibility of Shell Smash later on. Jade single handily soloed Clays Excadrill a remarkable feat considering that is is, in fact, a rock type. Jade also is currently my best and only answer to Skyla and so I need to keep him safe

Tempest (Scraggy)
Lv 31
Hasty
-Hi Jump Kick
-Brick Break
-Faint Attack
-Payback

Summery

Tempest has been on the team for a little while and acts as my primary psychic type checker. Payback hits like a bitch on anything that outspeeds and his strong fighting attacks have also come in handy on numerous occasions. The bulk and power he brings to the team makes him very reliable and often my “go to” pokemon when I need something beaten.

Bacon (Pignite)
Lv 31
Bashful
-Flame Charge
-Heat Crash
-Arm Thrust
-Return

Summary

Bacon has been with me from the start and its been a damn good choice for my team. His fire attacks are always welcome although currently he lacks just that little bit extra punch on his attacks. Despite these cons he does a great job in helping out the team when it counts and on numerous occasions has proven that a type disadvantage is no barrier to winning a match up.

Sobek (Krokorok)
Lv 32
Relaxed
-Crunch
-Sand Tomb
-Assurance
-Dig

Summary

Krokorok is an odd fit for the team. On one hand he serves as a back up psychic check and can run through teams with its Moxie ability. However it is quite frail and thu makes it tough to switch it in. On the other hand, it does hit pretty hard and a ground type is always nice to have at this stage of the game. I assume that when it evolves its bulk will pick up and it will become more of a powerhouse.

Cell (Solosis)
Lv 19
Serious
-Hidden Power
-Light Screen
-Charm
-Snatch

Summery

Cell is a recent addition to the team and was brought in to check Fighting types which I noticed had the potential to wreck my team. Being one of the most powerful psychic types in the game and with future access to Recover and its ability in Magic Guard she is perfect for a team such as mine. Lack of a solid STAB attack is annoying as is its low level however the support it brings in Charm and Light Screen is helpful in assisting my team deal with some dangerous threats. I hope that once it gains better attacks and has evolved it will become a special powerhouse which I currently lack.

King Tut the Yanmask
Vine the Pansage
Ruby the Purrloin
Toxic the Trubbish
Jess the Miccino
Shroom the Foongus
Soar the Ducklett
Rose the Petilil

Mach the Drilbur (lv 14)
Nip the Patrat (Lv 6)
Olive the Pidove (Lv 12)
Jolt the Zebstrika (Lv 28)

Sorry for the general shittiness of the update. I had a lot to update you all with as I was quite behind. Now that the update has caught up I will be able to put slightly better effort into typing up future updates.

POKEMON LEAFGREEN NUZLOCKE
PART NINE: WAY TOO MANY NEW MEMBERS AND MORE

OK, I caught my newest member, VEGETABLES the Bellsprout (another one) and a Diglett called... SURRRRRRGE.
Started to train it up, and replayed against the Lv. 20 Squirtle on the road leading up to there. Bubble left me at 31 health, and it knew Bite. I did the calcs and I saw I could easily survive.

UNLESS IT WAS A CRIT.
R.I.P. VEGETABLES the Bellsprout, Lv. 16 - Lv. 16

Oh, it just HAD to happen.

PART TEN: MORE AND MORE STUFF

Everyone in the world can beat SS Anne but it takes something special to beat Gary without a death.

And I got something special. :P

Next was the Gym, and SURRRRRRGE beat the Lt.'s first two pokemon with ease. But there was just one tiny problem.

Diglett has almost NO defense. I sent out Ivysaur. But then THREE DOUBLE TEAMS. Annoying, I tell you. I had to get a Leech Seed in. And eventually, I did. Then Razor Leaf hit, which wouldn't do much at only Lv. 23, but...

ANOTHER CRIT. Crits all around. Raichu went down.

SURRRRRRGE the Diglett, Lv. 24
Growl, Magnitude, Dig, Cut

CRITTER the Ivysaur, Lv. 24
Tackle, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, Razor Leaf

PIGNOSE the Mankey, Lv. 22
Mega Punch, Leer, Rock Tomb, Brick Break

BUG EYED the Butterfree, Lv. 24
Harden, Confusion, PoisonPowder, Sleep Powder

FLYAWAY the Fearow, Lv. 23
Peck, Growl, Pursuit, Secret Power

Only CRITTER and FLYAWAY are Male

VEGETABLES the Bellsprout, Lv. 16 - Lv. 16
First death, Part Nine. Disappointing, one of my first Nuzlocke deaths.

ginganinja

Chargestone cave was pretty interesting actually. With lots of Team Plasma around and common trainers my team gained levels quickly, so quickly in fact, that the powerful Jade had managed to evolve soon after leaving that cave. At a mighty Level 38 It was able to crush Skyla after performing the move Shell Smash and then crushing her pokemon team without suffering any damage. Twist Mountain was my teams next stop and I spent a long time training there. By the time I left, the rest of my team had evolved leaving me confident that there was very little that could stand in my way. I challenged Brycen who I defeated with no trouble thanks to a massive team advantage over him. I left the gym and encountered the Shadow Triad, who took me to DragonSpiral Tower. Despite my best efforts, I arrived at the top too late, to see N fly away on the powerful legendary Reshrim. Realising that above all else I had to stop Team Plasma from gaining the powers of the second dragon I rushed to the Desert Ruins to put a stop to there plan.

Thorns (Ferrothorn)
Lv 42
Impish
-Power Whip
-Gyro Ball
-Toxic
-Protect

Thorns has become my perfect pivot and utility party member. Toxic and Protect let him take down the toughest of opponents while his own excellent bulk lets him take hit after hit. In addition, Rocky Helmet and his ability, Iron Thorns, mean that any direct attacks strip of 25% of there health. Thorns also packs quite a punch In a 120 BP Power Whip to smack troublesome water types with while Gyro Ball hits most thigs for 120 BP thanks to thorns poor speed. Very balanced, Thorns is the most reliable member of the team.

Cell (Reuniclus)
Lv 42
Serious
-Psychic
-Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Recover

As suspected upon evolving Cell has become the special powerhouse y team sorely needed. Cell is my perfect check to the pesky fighting types I would otherwise have trouble with. Cell is my only special sweeping and it hits like a truck with its powerful attacks, while slow, it can take a hit or two and can always recover when low on health. When I want to do massive damage to something threatening, Cell is usually my best switch in.

Tempest (Scrafty)
Lv 42
Hasty
-Hi Jump Kick
-Crunch
-Brick Break
-Payback

At first glance Tempest does provide overlapping type coverage when compared with other members of my team. Bacon and Sobek together seem to check the things that Tempest checks but this is incorrect. Tempest is a hugely valuable asset due to its ability to take multiple hits. With Bacon and Sobek being rather frail, Tempest provided an excellent initial switch to tangle with opposing pokemon I don’t feel confortable with Bacon or Sobek tackling. The high power of its attacks also lets Tempest dish out powerful hits when needed. Lastly, being highly resistant to status is always useful in a pinch making Tempest a key member of this team

Bacon (Emboar)
Lv 42
Bashful
-Brick Break
-Heat Crash
-Flame Charge
-Return

Bacon has been here from the start and its fire attacks have been very useful smashing down any grass types which might give Sobek or Jade trouble. Despite the low damage output of his attacks compared with others Bacon can still dish out quite a large amount of damage while still having Flame Charge as a fall back option to boost its rather sub par speed. Emboar has taken a slight backseat due to its general fragility with other team members hitting just as hard as it while being abl to take hits slightly better, however, having the highest attack in my team, bacon is not to be underestimated and can still be counted on when I need him most.

Jade (Carracosta)
Lv 42
Serious
-Shell Smash
-Waterfall
-Rock Slide
-Dig

Jade is the most powerful member of my squad. It has massive Physical bulk which lets it hate hit after hit while retaliating with powerful Water or Rock attacks. However it is Shell Smash which really turns jade into a threat. With it its speed and attack increase by a huge amount letting it quickly change up the tempo and deliver devastating blows when I feel the need. Jade is perfect when I feel under pressure, facing something dangerous which threatens my entire team. I can bring it in, take a hit and boost before eliminating the threat before it destroys my team. With Jade as my ‘Ace’ in the deck I can battle with a large amount of confidence knowing that Jade can bail me out of most situations if I need too.

Sobek (Krookodile)
Lv 43
Relaxed
-Foul Play
-Crunch
-Dig
-Strength

The Final member in my team Sobek has been with me for quite a while and taken down many dangerous foes. After evolving it picked up a bit more bulk which was nice while also having that nice extra power boost. Sobek is the fastest member of my party which is hardly encouraging but it still comes in handy against tricky threats such as those pesky electric types. Its immunity to electric attacks is very useful as it reduces the strain I would otherwise have on Tempest to deal with dangerous threats such as Zebstrika which Thorns cannot deal with. Sobek also possesses Moxie letting it threaten entire teams after it gets a KO as repeated attack raises make it very dangerous to my opponent.

King Tut the Yanmask
Vine the Pansage
Ruby the Purrloin
Toxic the Trubbish
Jess the Miccino
Shroom the Foongus
Soar the Ducklett
Rose the Petilil

Mach the Drilbur (lv 14)
Nip the Patrat (Lv 6)
Olive the Pidove (Lv 12)

Great idea for a thread; I suppose I should chip in with my own Platinum Nuzlocke attempt.

This is both my first Nuzlocke run and my first run through a Gen 4 game (hadn't played a Pokemon game in over 10 years when I picked up White), so everything here is quite new and fresh. I didn't add too many additional rules, just a fairly simple Nuzlocke. The rules I set:

- Only the first non-repeat mon met in every area can be caught. If it dies, escapes, or I run out of balls, then that's that. Non-repeat is family based; if, say, I already have a Zubat and I encounter a Golbat as my first mon in an area it still doesn't count.

- If a mon faints, it gets placed to rest in the 'Dead' box.

- Every mon must be nicknamed.

- Battle style is 'Set', not 'Shift'. I much prefer 'Set' because it makes you think about swapping as opposed to just bringing out whatever counters the enemy's guy. It also makes fighting all the more lethal.

- No rules about items or Pokemon Centers or grinding / levels.

- If my whole party faints in one battle it's game over, even if I have more in the bank to replace them.

I've noticed Platinum has tons of short routes and side areas, probably as a result of being a lattice instead of a straight line or circle like other pokemon games, so I've actually caught quite a respectable list of guys. Here's the dudes so far:
- RAGE SNAKE the Gyarados ♀
Quirky, Likes to thrash about, Intimidate, caught on Route 218

Gyarados is obviously a house. Though she doesn't know any STAB moves yet, she still decimates the opposition. I went fishing on Route 218 once I got the Old Rod and never before have I been so happy to see a Magikarp.

- BASS the Rotom
Sassy, Highly persistent, Levitate, caught at the Old Chateau

A recent addition to the team; I totally missed the Old Chateau when I got Cut and since I'd already caught a Gastly at the Lost Tower I was afraid I'd not get anything at all there -- and then the TV started shaking and Rotom popped out and put his rapeface on and nearly KO'd half my party as I spent half an hour trying to catch him. Double team, double team, double team, uproar, confuse ray, catch rate of 45, only poke balls on me and my only status move being Sing. What a dick. He's been a party member ever since, and a beast of one at that.

- JAMES DEAN the Roselia ♂
Calm, Strong willed, Natural Cure, caught in Eterna Forest

Taught him Substitute to go with his Leech Seed, Giga Drain and Stun Spore and he trollfaces everything to death. I've never been so enamored with a grass type before in my life.

- MAJOR the Staraptor ♀
Adamant, Scatters things often, Intimidate, caught on Route 202

Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, Staraptors kill pokemon. And the Adamant nature just makes it all the easier to do so. She's significantly higher level than the entire rest of the team because she near single handedly swept the whole Ghost gym.

- EGBERT the Bibarel ♂
Careful, Somewhat of a clown, Unaware, caught on Route 201

While he started out quite strong, he's falling behind now. It's only a matter of time til he becomes a full out HM slave. It's a shame he's Unaware instead of Simple; he would've been a beastly tank with Amnesia and Curse. Still, his ability to learn 6 of the 8 HMs this generation is enough to guarantee him a continued spot on the team, even if it isn't very glamorous.

- DAMNATION the Bronzor
Naughty, Somewhat stubborn, Heatproof, caught in Wayward Cave

Currently useless, (24 base Atk, Sp. Atk) but once he evolves to Bronzong I can expect him to clean house. I've been wanting a bulky steel type for a while, so when I saw a Bronzor in Wayward Cave it was a done deal. I've got him riding in back with an EXP Share until he decides to become amazing.
- JAMELLE the Luxio ♀
Quirky, Somewhat vain, Intimidate, caught on Route 204

Died to a crit Hidden Power from an Abra. I didn't want to swap someone in to a super effective Hidden Power so I kept her in expecting her Charge to keep her alive, but as I've now learned crits ignore defensive boosts...

- RANDY the Geodude ♀
Jolly, Often lost in thought, Rock Head, caught on Route 207

Died to a Giga (Mega?) Drain from Commander Jupiter's Zubat. I didn't realize / remember Zubats learning Grass type moves so I kept her in thinking Rock Throw would be an easy KO, but nope, not meant to be. Of course, she was living on borrowed time at that point anyways; she nearly died in Eterna Forest in a very similar situation -- she was poisoned and took a Mega Drain from a Dustox I think it was, dropped her to ~1/16th of her health, KO'd the Dustox and LEVELED UP bringing her health just a hair above poison damage before it ticked. You can't outrun the reaper forever, especially not with 30 base Spd.

- TIM the Monferno ♂
Gentle, Mischevious, Blaze, starter pokemon

This was the saddest; poor Tim died from the same Zubat that killed Randy. I was flustered and forgot for a moment that Tim had gained the fighting type when he evolved, and having used him to kill many a Zubat in the past I threw him out front to destroy this asshole, just for the Zubat to survive his Flame Wheel with almost no health and drop a crit super effective Wing Attack on him, OHKO'ing Tim. I've never finished a Pokemon game with a starter in my party, I always end up boxing them because I get sick of them not living up to expectations, and I thought this time would be the exception but the only exception here was the reason for boxing...
- RUSSIAN the Zubat ♂
Caught in the Oreburgh Gate

- FLERP the Togepi ♀
Hatched in Eterna City

- PIKABLU the Pachirisu ♀
Caught on Route 205

- DIE the Psyduck ♂
Caught in the Ravaged Path

- YAZ the Shellos ♀
Caught at the Valley Windworks

- DONGLBARRY the Burmy ♂
Caught at the Floaroma Meadow

- BAINE the Gastly ♂
Caught in the Lost Tower
If not for Bass outclassing him I would be using this guy. I love Gastly and his family. Not only for how good they are, but for being some of the most macabre pokemon ever made.

- SCHRODINGR the Wurmple ♀
Caught on... Route 205?
[Looks it up]
Huh... those are part of the same route. I didn't notice. You'd think having a giant forest in the middle would separate them, wouldn't you? I don't use either Schrodingr or Pikablu anyways so I guess it doesn't matter anyways. To some other box with you, Schrodingr!

- FREUD the Onix ♀
Caught in the Oreburgh Mine
I thought about using her after Randy died, but honestly the poor offense and terrible Sp. Def kept me away. I'm not certain I would use her even if I could evolve her to Steelix.

- CLEFF the Unown
Caught in the Solaceon Ruins

- ARMINE the Eevee ♂
Acquired at Hearthome City
I wonder if I'll ever need him. I probably will. The ability to fill pretty much any gap is quite nice. Also my complete lack of Dark types makes Umbreon tempting.

- SAGAN the Ralts ♂
Caught on Route 209
If I ever need a Psychic type I'll bring him out. I think Damnation will fill the role better, though.

- ROBWOBWOB the Kricketune ♀
Caught on Route 203
Only recently replaced by Damnation; she was a part of a team ever since I caught her. When she first evolved she was quite a beast, but she's showing her age now, like most bugs do in mid-game.

- KAHIKI the Nosepass ♂
Caught in Mt. Coronet
I was ecstatic to see this guy. Unfortunately he competes with Damnation for my bulky steel slot, but if I ever need another I know who to call on.

- JIT the Cranidos ♂
Acquired in Oreburgh City
If I ever need a suicide bomber I know who to use. But I have to realize that he could die at almost any time due to his poor defenses and speed. Currently in the daycare for potential future use.

- NANAMI the Meditite ♀
Caught on Route 211
My favorite fighting type I have access to. Unfortunately, she doesn't learn anything at all til like levels 29 and 32. I've got her in the day care in case I need a replacement.

- BOXCARS the Ponyta ♀
Caught on Route 210
The latest addition, and the first fire type I've caught. Might make the team to help replace Tim, though who to drop I couldn't say.
Like I said, lots of mons to pick from. I'm quite happy with my team at the moment, got some decent power in there and once Damnation evolves and fully joins the fray I can expect to be well rounded and be able to deal with most anything.

About to head north from Solaceon town, although I should go ahead and clear Lost Tower out now that I have defog (although who to teach it to I don't know). Probably won't make a post this big in the future, just small updates; sorry bout having a massive first post, just had a huge backlog to go through I guess.

Bronzor is a beast in DPPt Nuzlocke. Because of Extrasensory, I found that he was hitting harder than I expected in my Diamond, especially when he evolved, and he is epic tanksauce. BAMF.

ginganinja

With Team Plasma already attempting to gain access to the Dark Stone, I rushed to Relic Castle. With Alder ahead of me I hoped that he could stall long enough for Cheren and I to get there and help out. After battling my way through a swarm of grunts I finally made it to a small cavern. There stood Ghetsis with Alder. As always, Ghetsis looked supremely unruffled to see me there. He spoke outlining N’s attempt to win the League and informing Alder that his cause was lost. Ghetsis left but not before mocking Alder about his lost starter pokemon. At that moment something clicked in my mind, Alder’s starter pokemon dying, my own quest for the last legendary pokemon, my pokemon dying and the apparent future battle with N which would decide the fate of pokemon worldwide. I have no idea why but I had the feeling that it was all connected. Left to my own devices perhaps I would have aimlessly wandered the ruins trying to figure it all out but as it was I got a quick call from the Professor to rush to the Museum. Following Alder I arrived there, to discover that the dark stone had been found, hiding in the Museum all this time. Agreeing to look after the stone I took it with me. Despite the stone being warm to touch nothing happened. Zekrom did not appear. Slightly frustrated I decided to travel to Opelucid City, home of the Dragon gym.

Opelucid City was an interesting place. I rather liked it as it seemed kinda…natural. Once there I met with Iris who told me the story of the 2 Dragons who were evenly matched yet were forced by trainers to fight anyway. I could not help to think of N’s crusade here, and felt certain that he had heard of this legend. Despite hearing the legend Zekrom still did not wake. Hopefully, I suggested a gym battle. Perhapes in a battle with Dragons it might yet appear, even if not it would let me progress to the Elite Four to put a stop to N. Iris agreed to my request and I headed off to the Gym.

The gym underlings were difficult as I was unused to fighting such pokemon however I soon faced off against Iris. As I mentally prepared myself I knew that I had to ignore her “little girl” exterior. There was clearly a reason why she was the strongest Gym leader in Unova and I knew I had to play at my best. With no Ice or Dragon moves at hand I would have to uncharacteristically use brute force tactics to win. With a small grin Iris sent out Fraxure and that battle began.

With Fraxure out I knew I had to tread carefully. In a 3 on 3 battle I had to keep my strongest pokemon healthy. I sent out Tempest to dual with Fraxure. As the two pokemon faced off Iris and I gave lightning fast instructions. Tempests Brick Break was met head on with a Dragon Claw, the two attacks balancing each other out. Iris and I tried again, Dragon Tail being blocked by Crunch and payback blocking Slash. Across the gym floor we traded blows blocking and counter attacking, switching it up but to no avail. I had a sudden flash back to Lenoras gym battle and hoped I would not need to employ the same outrageous tactics I had used in that previous battle in order to win.

My decision was made for me as Iris too, grew tired of the deadlock. She ordered a Dragon Dance and Fraxure paused in its assault to increase its power. Temporally freed from the offensive assault I ordered Tempest to use its strongest attack before Fraxures power would overwhelm me. Tempest leaped upwards before lashing out with its foot slamming into Fraxure with terrific force. Clinging onto life Fraxure attempted to rally striking hard with a boosted Dragon Claw, The blow ripped into Tempest sending it rolling along the floor. Fraxure leaped after it before Tempests’s fist smashed into its unprotected body payback having boosted its power by waiting for that hit. Despite being a dragon type the blow proved too much for Fraxure and I drew 1-0 up on the score.

Iris then brought in Druddigon which had been my worst fear. Bulky as hell with wide coverage and high attack power I had no choice but to send in my powerhouse, the mighty Cell to do battle. Feeling slightly uncomfortable abut this matchup I readied myself. Iris wasted no time, ordering a Night Slash which was super effective against my beloved friend. Druddigon was fast and there was no time to dodge but then, there was little need too. Cell was designed to take hits and then dish them back out rather than dodging around attacks. Iris might have experienced a glimmer of hope as her blow crunched into Cell however the smoke cleared and the attack had done less than half! “Its o.k Cell its your show now!” I cried out as Cell began to charge up a psychic. Iris seemed unconcerned, “Whatever Druddigon can take it” she smirked. I eyed up Cell, still charging its Psychic to maximum power “That might be so, but how well do you think your precious dragon can handle a psychic boosted to incredible power?” Iris’s eyes widened “You don’t mean…?” It was my turn now to grin “I do Iris, now Psychic Gem activate!” with that the small gem Cell had been wearing around its neck suddenly glowed before exploding in a flash of light. The sudden outpouring of energy flashed around Cell before slamming into Druddigon with huge force. It was a testament to Druddigons bulkiness that it actually survived the attack…just. However it could never recover from such a blow, its second Night Slash failing to kill Cell before a blast of darkness slammed into it and giving me victory again.

I was now up 2-0 but I still had Iris’s final pokemon to take down. In addition both Cell and Tempest were weak. It was time to play our cards and see who came up trumps. Iris sent out Haxorus a dragon with Obscene attack power. I countered with my treasured Thorns with obscene defensive prowess and a resistance to dragon attacks to match. Sadly Iris struggled with Thorns, Toxic slowly weakening it while Iron Thorns and Rocky Helmet helped wear it down. Weak from residual damage Haxorus could only give futile roars of rage as whenever it boosted Ferrothorn would slam it with a Power Whip and whenever it attacked Thorns would Protect, resulting in being unharmed from the attack while Toxic poison slowly weakened it. In desperation Iris called for a Dragon Tail to sweep away Thorns however Thorns was not to be denyed. It spun its body with speed spinning directly into Haxorus, the thorns increasing the damage done. With a final Roar Haxorus crashed to the ground, the mighty Thorns having suffered next to no damage from the entire battle.

With my final badge in hand it was the time to travel to the League and challenge N, putting a stop to his efforts to remove people from pokemon.

Thorns (Ferrothorn)
Lv 45
Impish
-Power Whip
-Gyro Ball
-Toxic
-Protect

Thorns has become my perfect pivot and utility party member. Toxic and Protect let him take down the toughest of opponents while his own excellent bulk lets him take hit after hit. In addition, Rocky Helmet and his ability, Iron Thorns, mean that any direct attacks strip of 25% of there health. Thorns also packs quite a punch In a 120 BP Power Whip to smack troublesome water types with while Gyro Ball hits most thigs for 120 BP thanks to thorns poor speed. Very balanced, Thorns is the most reliable member of the team.

Cell (Reuniclus)
Lv 45
Serious
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Recover

As suspected upon evolving Cell has become the special powerhouse my team sorely needed. Cell is my perfect check to the pesky fighting types I would otherwise have trouble with. Cell is my only special sweeping and it hits like a truck with its powerful attacks and massive coverage. While slow, it can take a hit or two and can always recover when low on health. When I want to do massive damage to something threatening, Cell is usually my best choice.

Tempest (Scrafty)
Lv 44
Hasty
-Hi Jump Kick
-Crunch
-Brick Break
-Payback

At first glance Tempest does provide overlapping type coverage when compared with other members of my team. Bacon and Sobek together seem to check the things that Tempest checks but this is incorrect. Tempest is a hugely valuable asset due to its ability to take multiple hits. With Bacon and Sobek being rather frail, Tempest provided an excellent initial switch to tangle with opposing pokemon I don’t feel confortable with Bacon or Sobek tackling. The high power of its attacks also lets Tempest dish out powerful hits when needed. Lastly, being highly resistant to status is always useful in a pinch making Tempest a key member of this team

Bacon (Emboar)
Lv 44
Bashful
-Brick Break
-Heat Crash
-Flame Charge
-Return

Bacon has been here from the start and its fire attacks have been very useful smashing down any grass types which might give Sobek or Jade trouble. Despite the low damage output of his attacks compared with others Bacon can still dish out quite a large amount of damage while still having Flame Charge as a fall back option to boost its rather sub par speed. Emboar has taken a slight backseat due to its general fragility with other team members hitting just as hard as it while being abl to take hits slightly better, however, having the highest attack in my team, bacon is not to be underestimated and can still be counted on when I need him most.

Jade (Carracosta)
Lv 44
Serious
-Shell Smash
-Waterfall
-Rock Slide
-Dig

Jade is the most powerful member of my squad. It has massive Physical bulk which lets it hate hit after hit while retaliating with powerful Water or Rock attacks. However it is Shell Smash which really turns jade into a threat. With it its speed and attack increase by a huge amount letting it quickly change up the tempo and deliver devastating blows when I feel the need. Jade is perfect when I feel under pressure, facing something dangerous which threatens my entire team. I can bring it in, take a hit and boost before eliminating the threat before it destroys my team. With Jade as my ‘Ace’ in the deck I can battle with a large amount of confidence knowing that Jade can bail me out of most situations if I need too.

Sobek (Krookodile)
Lv 44
Relaxed
-Foul Play
-Crunch
-Dig
-Strength

The Final member in my team Sobek has been with me for quite a while and taken down many dangerous foes. After evolving it picked up a bit more bulk which was nice while also having that nice extra power boost. Sobek is the fastest member of my party which is hardly encouraging but it still comes in handy against tricky threats such as those pesky electric types. Its immunity to electric attacks is very useful as it reduces the strain I would otherwise have on Tempest to deal with dangerous threats such as Zebstrika which Thorns cannot deal with. Sobek also possesses Moxie letting it threaten entire teams after it gets a KO as repeated attack raises make it very dangerous to my opponent.

King Tut the Yanmask
Vine the Pansage
Ruby the Purrloin
Toxic the Trubbish
Jess the Miccino
Shroom the Foongus
Soar the Ducklett
Rose the Petilil

Mach the Drilbur (lv 14)
Nip the Patrat (Lv 6)
Olive the Pidove (Lv 12)

Yep shit heating up etc will update soon-ish etc Flamestrike hurry THE FUCK UP etc etc

Just started a Nuzlocke on Pokemon Diamond! Chose Piplup as my starter, named him Bonaparte. Oui, oui.

Managed to NOT run into any Pokemon on my way to Sandgem, kick ass!

Caught a female Starly (Wanda), but she is Calm natured so she is just being used as filler for now.

Caught a female Bidoof (Dora) on Route 202. Filler/HM-slave.

Did everything that was required in Jubilife City, picked up a Quick Claw on the way.

Caught a male Zubat (Martin) on Route 204. He is currently my second most valuable party-member.

Trained a bit in the Ravaged Path and caught a male Geodude (Steve). Timid nature. Damn.

Defeated my rival on Route 203 without any casualties and caught another female Starly (Christine), Bashful nature this time.

As of posting I am grinding in Oreburgh Mine, hoping to evolve Bonaparte.

Current Team:
Bonaparte (Piplup) (M)
Lvl 11
Quirky

- Pound
- Growl
- Bubble
- Water Sport

My MVP at the moment. I use him to switch-train my Pokemon against Geodudes. Going to evolve him before the gym.

Martin (Zubat) (M)
Lvl 7
Sassy

- Leech Life
- Supersonic

He is very weak ATM, but I predict that he will become one of my core Pokemon (as long as he does not die, that is)

Christine (Starly) (F)
Lvl 4
Bashful

- Tackle
- Growl

I literally caught her a minute ago, so I have to level her up a bit before she becomes usable :S

Dora (Bidoof) (F)
Lvl 3

Rock Smash and Cut slave.

Wanda (Starly) (F)
Lvl 2

Death Fodder.

Steve (Geodude) (M)
Lvl 5

Death Fodder.

Boxed:
None yet.

Dead:
None yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)