Challenge Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Thats a cool way to name pokemon, waiting for those updates from Kaitii, Demo and Ninja, I'm really liking all of those stories.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
AOPS, does that mean you'd name a Magnemite after a Sinnoh Pokemon (since the final form is Magnezone) or are you ignoring anything past Emerald?

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
During my Elite Four challenge, I still had seen no sign of N. This was actually a good thing as I hoped that I had beaten him to the League and would not have to deal with the legendary pokemon Reshrim which I was currently dreading. I did not wish to hang around and so left for the statue in the centre of the main room, which then promptly descended into a much larger room below. Desperate for a chance to defeat Alder and so get rid of this curse upon me, I rushed up the stairs and entered the room to find…

… Reshrim, standing by N’s side and roaring it’s victory over a stunned Alder. To say I was disappointed was a bit of an understatement. I had presumed that I could get to the league before N and even if N beat me there, Alder could defeat him. Clearly, I had been proved wrong and now N was going to order the world release all there pokemon, which would result in me being unable to finish this challenge and therefore, my subsequent death would soon follow. On the other hand, I could battle N, and try battling him when he had a flipping legendary pokemon to help him out. Giving a curse I stepped forward, and stared at N’s back.

N heard me and spun around, his grin spreading even wider as he saw it was me. N quickly yelled an order and suddenly there was a great rumbling from the earth. Suddenly the Castle of Team Plasma blasted its way up through the ground and a ramp smashed its way through the wall inviting us up. Without a backwards glance N stalked up the ramp and I followed, desperate to prevent him from giving the order for all pokemon to be released. After bounding up the ramp, I entered a quite large and ornate room. It looked very posh but I tried to ignore the architecture, N was here somewhere and I had to find him. I spotted a room up ahead and darted into it, I hoped to find N in there however, all I found was a young kids room. It looked nice I guess, with a train set, basketball etc etc. Considering my impoverished background it very likely would have been considered a luxury bedroom but I was too old for rooms like this now. As I turned to leave something kept nagging at me, then I spun around and realised what had been bothering me. The room looked very sad, it was hard to describe however you just got he feeling that this kid spent long hours by himself, with little or no friends. Feeling slightly upset I moved on into the next room, and encountered a women. She told me that the room I had just checked out was Lord N’s room when he had been a child. She also told me that he had only received pokemon as a child that had been mistreated by their trainers from Ghestius, perhaps accounting for his current views. Somewhat comforted by the fact that N was not a twisted teenager that I had believed, I headed onwards, into a large corridor where the Seven Sages blocked my way.

Furious that I would now have to battle Seven Trainers at once, I sent out Typhoon, who bellowed a challenge. I decided that if I was going to die, here and now, I might as well be on my own terms, with my partner at my side. With barely a word, the Sages sent out there own pokemon. I glanced at each Sage, factoring in how they would battle, what attacks they might use, etc when suddenly there was a roar and the Unova Gym Leaders charged into battle, ordering there own pokemon to engage. “We’re here to help you Elena!” Iris squeaked as her Haxorus mowed down the pokemon facing it. I nodded my thanks and charged ahead after N. I saw a massive doorway at the end of the corridor and rushed toward it. I entered the Throne Room, ready to fight.

At the end of the room, sitting casually on a throne, was N. He wandered over to me, and then gave a cry. Reshrim blasted through the wall and stood in front of me. A towering mountain of flame surrounded it and licked the roof of the building; the wave of intense heat forced me to retreat to safety. N smirked, confident in his power when suddenly, the Dark Stone gave a shudder then exploded in a blast of electricity. Zekrom appeared and blasted a lightning vortex into the air before staring down its brother. The two Titans faced off and the air became charged at the sheer casual power that the two pokemon possessed. I looked at N who was ecstatic with joy. This was his dream, the two pokemon fighting each other for ideals. Something twisted inside me and I realised that this was all wrong. N might have had the right idea, but forcing there pokemon to battle was wrong. Truth and Ideals were both needed in this day and age, not for one of those to be dominated and suppressed above the other. These pokemon battling each other would only end in a draw. I took a deep breath, one thing was certain, one of us had to lose and this battle had to be done. I exhaled and a measure of peace flowed through me. I tossed a ball and Zekrom vanished. N gave a cry of triumph- which was cut sort as the ball glowed with lightning and vanished. “NO” N yelled “WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?” I met his gaze calmly and replied simply “I released Zekrom from my service, he has been stored for future use” My words had no effect on N who looked confused. “But, but but , the Heroes MUST battle” he stammered. “And so they shall” I replied, “prepare yourself N!” I shouted and hurled a ball from my belt. Maximum appeared and with that, the battle for truth or ideals began. The stage was set, Archeops vs Reshrim, Gentlemen (and Ladies), place your bets…

Archeops and Reshrim faced off and I frantically raked my brains for a plan to take down a legendary dragon. I thought back to facing Clays Excadrill and decided to adopt a similar strategy here, that is, hit it hard, and hit it fast. “Maximum use Rock Slide!” I ordered. Maximum streaked up to the ceiling of the building, then hammered its wing into it, causing large rocks to fall down on Reshrim. The great dragon gave a groan as the rocks took their toll, but it was still standing, although the attack had done significant damage thanks to the power of Maximum. “Reshrim UNLEASH” N yelled as suddenly a blast of Fire slammed into Maximum, calling it to scream in pain. Thanks its Rock typing, Maximum would resist the attack, however it would do large amounts of damage. Maximum was blasted out of the sky, before regaining control of its wings and it soared high into the air again. Pleased with the outcome, I ordered a second Rock Slide. Maximum hurled the rocks onto Reshrim again, and it gave a Roar, before collapsing under the strain. Despite being a legendary pokemon, Maximum held a lot of power and it possessed just enough to take out Reshrim, although the margin had been close. A little more damage and defeatist would have activated leaving me helpless.

N appeared frustrated that his mighty Reshrim had been handled with ease. He sent out a powerful Carracosta which I knew could devastate Maximum with Aqua Jet. I retreated to the mighty Jude, who shrugged off a Waterfall from Carracasta and then smashed it with Revenge, before finishing it off with Body Slam. N was fast running out of pokemon, but selected his own Archeops to battle.

I knew from experience that Archeops could hit like a fucking Mack truck and sent out my faithful partner. Typhoon entered the battlefield and stared down Archeops. Both N and I ordered our attacks, an Acrobatics and Aqua Tail respectively. Archeops swept down towards Typhoon, picking up speed, before slamming into it with all the power it could muster. Typhoon groaned under the assault but held firm, before its eys flashed blue. Yet again, Torrent had activated and Typhoon looks stronger than it ever had before. Archeops frantically tried to retreat, but Typhoon was too strong. It slammed its fists into the ground, blasting a geyser of water into the air and smashing into Archeops. Weak to water and frail, the poor fossil had no chance has it was brutally crushed under the sheer power of the water.

N now had three pokemon left, and chose Klinklang to battle. Happy with my opponents choice, I sent out Inferno, who appeared at my side. Inferno gave an evil grin seeing its opponent, and then charged, its from glowing with Fire. “Fire Gem Activate” I ordered and Inferno exploded with Fire, adding to its Fiery charge, the boosted Flare Blitz packing tremendous power and wiping out Klinklang in a single hit.

With the defeat of Klinklang, N appeared to lose hope, he sent out Zoroark, which did not have its illusion ability active, and N’s body language seemed to suggest that he had already lost the battle. Facing a dark type, I sent out Jenn. “Focus Blast!” N ordered and a ball of energy blasted toward Jenn. “Jenn stand firm!” I called and Jenn nodded, falling into a defensive posture The Focus Blast hit its mark but Jenn was strong, and was exceptionally good at surviving powerful attacks such as Focus Blast. The attack had done massive damage, but Jenn managed to charge ahead, and slam its fist into Zoroark, knocking it out in a single blow. Jenn then flashed once, gaining an attack boost after the successful kill. Upon seeing this, N gave a sigh and sent out his final pokemon, a Vanilluxe. Playing it safe, I brought out Inferno again, which quickly ended the battle with a flaming fist knocking the Ice type out and giving me victory.

N had been defeated but was my challenge over?

O.k guys I think this update was a little below par of what I usually write and I apologise. I was pushed for time and also was rather limited in how I could write this. I actually had to write this battle very carefully, since I battled N with Ghestius in mind and thus, this was how the battle actually played out. Ergo the sub par standard. That said, the battle with Ghestius was a cracker and im going to do it justice. Stay Tuned!

I will be starting a Crystal Nuzlocke with the standard restrictions, except for these out of the ordinary (Might be ordinary, just usually not for me, but assume regular bar these):

-I can SR the Odd Egg till i get a shiny. Whatever the shiny is, i get, but this is why I'm doing crystal > HG
-If i come across a mon I've already captured as my first, can't catch it. Not even if the first one died.
-After i get 6 Mons, my starter leaves my team to go in the box. I don't like using starters. He'll come if i have <5 Mons, though.
-No Repels to prevent encounters. I fight like a man.

This is all i can think of for now.

Just so you guys know, Chapter 4 of my HG Nuzlocke is up. Click my sig to see it.

Man SD+Agility Scyther is broken early game.

Just so you guys know, Chapter 4 of my HG Nuzlocke is up. Click my sig to see it.

Man SD+Agility Scyther is broken early game.
Awesome I've been enjoying your updates.

Should anyone care, I've had a Soul Silver Nuzlocke going on for some time now. I'm actually doing it as a narration on my youtube channel. I've recorded 41 parts so far.

Here's the link to my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SFWhomper
Awesome I'll be sure to check them out. I'm mid way through a ruby nuzlocke, anyone interested in me writing it up?

Started a Platinum Nuzlocke last night with fairly standard rules, and its going surprisingly great! No crithax yet, and got an extremely lucky capture! Also, my team only seems to want +SpDef, though none have lowered the attacking stat I'll use on them, so its all good.

I was gonna type up some RP for the beginning chapters, but I dont remember what happened, so I'll give a quick overview

Got Typhon the Male Piplup from Rowan. I chose Piplup instead of Chimchar due to superior bulk, which has been very handy recently.

Go out to Route 201 and capture Skippy the Lvl 4 Bidoof. I didn't waste a good nickname on him, as I didn't plan on keeping him long enough. I then attempt to grind Bidoof a few levels, but in his first battle, he got critted and died. :( Sorry Bidoof, I didn't even get to bond with you at all. By now, Piplup is up to Lvl 9 and has already learned Bubble.

Go to Sandgem town, heal and buy items, then go to Route 202, where I capture Atmos the Male Lvl 4 Shinx.

Do some Trainer school shit, battle some trainers, and level up Atmos and Typhon, then travel west to Route 203, to go get the Oreburgh City Gym Badge. On Route 204 by the way, I capture Strafe the Female Starly. Then, I head into the Oreburgh Gate.

On Route 203, I had the most peculiar encounter. After slaying trainers with Typhon's power and Starly's great STAB Quick Attack, I finally encounter my pokemon of the Route. It ends up being an Abra. At first, I'm devastated, knowing that I basically don't get a pokemon this Route due to Abra's teleport. However, I realize that I have a Great Ball that someone gave me, and toss it at the Abra just to try my luck. It wiggles once... twice... three times. And then, it seems to just stop for an eternity. Finally, I hear a snap, then see the ball darken. I caught a Lvl 5 Abra, which I promptly named Casper. I know, it'll be utterly useless for 11 levels, but once it evolves, it will be immensely fast and powerful, a perfect sweeper, albeit very frail.

Once reach the City Gate, I'm surprised to find that it is a cave. Not knowing what to expect (Other than Zubats), I continue marching through the cave. Unfortunately, my Capture of the cave was just a Psyduck, which I named Dux and kept in my party simply for Rock Smash. Once I reach the city, I realize that before I challenge the Gym, I need to catch another pokemon. I head North to Route 207 and capture a male Machop, which I name Hulk and for some reason have neglected until now.

I now head over to the Gym.

I will post more updates, as my team is way ahead of this point. However, here's my current team.

Typhon the Prinplup (M)

Lvl 18
Calm Nature
-Metal Claw
-Growl
-Bubble
-Peck

Typhon is a natural leader of this team. His ability to stay cool in tough situations is extremely beneficial to this team. Great bulk and typing make him a superb tank for dishing out damage and taking hits himself. After soloing the first gym before evolving, Typhon knows what he's capable of and will do whatever ever he can to help out his teammates and myself. My MVP along with Strafe.

Strafe the Staravia (F)

Will finish later.

The Professor's Nuzlocke Adventure

Well I hake started a Fire Red Nuzlocke.

The Rules:
1) If a pokemon faints, its dead.
2) Only catch the first pokemon on each route. If you faint it or fail to catch it, bad luck.
3) No dupes- if I have already caught a species of pokemon, it cannot be caught again. In this situation, I must catch the first pokemon I see in a route that I have not yet obtained. If there are no unobtained pokes on a route, I may not catch anything there.
4) May catch any shinies, even if it is not the first poke on a route.
5) Must nickname all pokemon!
6) I will play on Set instead of the default Shift.

I'll to make my updates more humourous than fanfic, although I will try to give all my pokes distinct personalities. Be warned, it may have some themes and profanity.

Part 1:
Hello Professor Oak, yes I know what a pokemon is. Yes you short-sighted moron, I am a boy… Wait you don’t know my name, and yet I have lived in right next to you for my whole life? Alzheimer’s anyone? Well my name is Prof by the way… Wait you forgot your own grandson’s name too? No, this is far worse than Alzheimer’s. Now listen carefully Oak. His name is Gary. G-A-R-Y. Yes. Now send me on my wonderful pokemon journey!!... Wait you shrunk me? I did not sign up for this!! GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!!!
…And I woke up in my room. So he spiked my drink, then mugged me? Sounds like the only possible explanation to me. *Checks bag* Wait, I have no items but $3000?? Seriously, no mugger is that stupid. Still, this is pokemon after all!
*goes downstairs* Oh hey mum, you say Professor Oak was looking for me? Screw that, imma walk out of town like a badass.
AHH OAK STALKED ME!!! And forcefully dragged me to his lab. This does not bode well for me. Oh, and his grandson Gary’s here too. He… forced us here… in a lab with the only other people here guarding the door… OH NO HE’S GOING TO RAPE US!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH wait you just want to give us a pokemon? Because you only have these three left? HEY WAIT what happened to that Nidoran F I saw with you earlier?? WHAT DID YOU DO TO IT YOU TWISTED MONSTER???
Oh hai little Bulbasaur!! How about I liberate you from this adulterous professor? *Bulbasaur trembles, but give a nervous nod* Sweet! I’ll call you Solo, cause you’re my first pokemon!! Gary, out of compassion, liberates a little Charmander.
Not wanting to be in this creepy old man’s presence any longer, I head for the door. But what’s this? Gary wants to engage our tiny friends in bloody combat? Eh, I don’t really want to send little Solo through all that, but I don’t get a choice do I Gary? “Nope!” Damn. Welp, will you fight Solo? “Y-yes master!” Awesome. Tackle spam!!!
Actually the Charmander killed Solo the first try, but I started again. Forget that happened.
Well I win and Gary claimed that he picked the wrong pokemon. No Gary, you just suck. Now, time to ACTUALLY walk out of town like a badass.
WHOAH WILD POKEMON!! Go Solo, you can take them can’t you? “Umm, I’ll t-try master!” Hmm, looks like Solo needs a confidence boost. Poor thing. Wait, its learning Leech Seed! HELL YEAH!!! Solo, you’re going to be awesome! “Thank you master” Well, that’s a little better.
Ooh, Viridian City! Now to go buy some items… WHAT. You’re going to load me with some parcel to deliver because you couldn’t be bothered doing it yourself? SCREW YOU. Solo, we’re going back to Pallet Town…
Okay Oak, take you stupid parcel and let me leave. “No Prof. I have something to give you!” AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DON’T RAPE ME wait it’s just a pokedex. And 5 pokeballs. Okay, now I’m outta here before anything weird happens.
Oh hai Gary, your sister has Town Maps but you told her not to give me one? *5 minutes later* Thanks Daisy for the Town Map! Problem, Gary? *trollface*
Now, time to catch my first pogeyman!! *Wild Pidgey appeared!* Excellent! Welcome to the team, Nadine! Now let’s get you trained up! *Nadine learned Sand Attack* Oh yeah!!!! Trolling potential, right here. You’ll like that, won’t you Nadine? *she does a perfect trollface the first try* You have some potential, my friend. Now, time to blow all my money on items!! *does so*
Now, to catch some more teammates!... OH HELL YES WILD MANKEY!!! Whoah this guy seems really angry. I’ll call you… Fury. Welcome to the team!
*starts training Fury* Aw crap, he takes hits like wet tissue paper. This guy will need some babying… “No I want to fight!” Well bad luck, I don’t want you dying.
Welp Fury can now fight by itself… and 1 level later, he learned Low Kick! YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! *destroys everything* Now onwards!
Okay old man, yes I know how to catch a pokemon. Wait you don’t have to show me. GODDAMMIT YOU DEAF OLD PERSON. And uh, thanks for the useless TV.
What new friends will we find next? Oh, a Rattata. Well, only one thing I can call you. Welcome to the team, Percent! “Do you love me?” Uh, do I have to answer that question?... okay fine. YOU’RE A RATTATA, OF COURSE I DON’T LOVE YOU. There, I said it. To Viridian forest!
Oh, a Weedle! I hate you too. Still, you’re better than nothing. Welcome to the team, Stinger! *she stays silent, knowing that nobody likes her* Good, you know your place.
Now, more training!! *Stinger evolved into Kakuna!* Oh joy. Well, at least it won’t die so easily (not like I care). *Stinger sulks*
*Percent learned Quick Attack!* Well it’s better than Tackle. Percent actually isn’t that bad right now, since he’s got decent Attack and STAB on normal, which all the moves are right now.
*Critical hit! Stinger fainted!* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I actually liked her a bit!! RIP Stinger :’(
Well I have to get over her death and move on. More training so we can take on Gary!
*Nadine learned Gust!* Well it’s a bit stronger than Tackle, and it has better accuracy and SE coverage. Nice!
…Alright the whole team is Level 9 now, time to take on Gary! He isn’t such a douche right now, he just wants to fight. That’s good, I guess.
Anyway to cut a long story short Percent easily took care of his Pidgey, while Nadine engaged in a stall war with Charmander, involving a LOT of Sand Attack spam. Good work guys! *Percent grins, Nadine does a trollface* Okay, onwards to Pewter City!!
*Solo learned Vine Whip!* HELL YEAH!!! How do you feel, Solo? “I-I’m stronger now master!” Excellent.
Bug catcher: “Do you know that pokemon evolve?” NO SHIT SHERLOCK.
Ah, here we are at Pewter City, and these two guys gave me a completely unnecessary tour! Sweet. Now before I take on Brock, it’s time for a bit more grinding! (yay)
*Fury learned Karate Chop!* OH YES!!!! “I’ll kill everything now boss!” Yes, yes you will.
… Well now everyone’s level 12 I’ll take on the gym!
Well Solo absolutely destroyed the light-years kid. No joke here because everyone knows about this guy… Wait did he just say I’m hot after the battle? O_O Gamefreak is secretly homosexual.
Brock: “All my pokemon are rock hard!” Yep, definitely homo. Anyway, go Fury!
VS Geodude: Fury’s Karate Chop crits, OHKOing the little rock!
VS Onix: Fury’s Low Kick leaves it in the low yellow, while it Rock Tombs for a little damage. It outspeeds the next turn thanks to the speed drop, but wasted it with a useless Tackle before Fury KO’d. Wow, that was way too easy.
Thanks Brock for the badge and Rock Tomb!
See you guys next time!

Gym Badges: 1

Current team:

Solo the Bulbasaur (M)
Level 13
-Vine Whip
-Growl
-Leech Seed
-Tackle

Nadine the Pidgey (F)
Level 12
-Gust
-Sand Attack
-Tackle

Fury the Mankey (M)
Level 13
-Karate Chop
-Leer
-Scratch
-Low Kick

Percent the Rattata (M)
Level 12
-Quick Attack
-Tail Whip
-Tackle

RIP:
Stinger the Kakuna

Total dead: 1

Part 2:
Well I have no reason to stay in Pewter any longer, so I just walk on out like bada- wait I did that last time. Crap I need some new material.
Oh hai Oak’s aide! Hey, I need to sak you something. *looks over shoulder* Is Oak really a rapist? “What? No!” …So you have a “package” for me? AHHHHHHHHHH oh it’s from my mum. *Running Shoes get!* HELL YEAH!!!!!!! *runs around* Whoosh! I’m an aeroplane!
…Ahem. Onwards!
Lass: “You just looked at me, didn’t you?” No, you just walked up to me and attacked me with your two Pidgeys. After the battle: “You’re mean!” YOU ARE THE ONE WHO WANTED TO BATTLE BITCH! DEAL WITH IT.
*Percent learned Hyper Fang!* HAHA KILL EVERYTHING!!! Oh Percent, why did I ever doubt you? “Do you love me now, master?” …Oh god I never thought I’d say this but yes!
*Nadine learned Quick Attack!* Cool beans. Better than Gust in most situations, so good I guess?
Youngster: “Hey, you’re not wearing shorts! What’s wrong with you?” …There are no words to describe the sheer stupidity of this statement.
Lass: “Eek, did you just touch me?” No, I’m not Professor Oak.
Now I need to catch some more teammates! *Wild Nidoran M appeared!* Just what I wanted! Welcome to the team Storm! “Together we shall vanquish our enemies!” I damn hope so. Onwards to Mt Moon!
*Wild Geodude appeared!* Also awesome! Welcome to the team, Hardman! “I’ll fight for you Prof!” Great! Oh hey, this means that my team is full! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PARTY TIME!
*Celebrates with grinding*
*Storm learned Focus Energy!* Entirely useless, but hey!
AAAARRRGGHHHH!!! This wild Jigglypuff is being a major troll, between Sing (which seems to hit every time), Defense Curl (poor Storm is doing next to no damage now) and Cute Charm (which seems to have an infatuation rate much higher than 50%). But I soloed it, like a boss. Took like 10 minutes though…
..Now I’m doing the same thing with Hardman. And this Jigglypuff has an Oran Berry. FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Note to self- never grind on Jigglypuffs. But one thing good came of that battle- *Hardman learned Rock Throw!* AWWWWW YEEAAAAAAHHHH!!!!! “We will fight well together!” You said it, Hardman.
*Storm learned Double Kick!* “We shall smite our foes with twin strikes from the soles of my mighty feet!” Lol Storm, you’re awesome.
Anyway my team is all levelled now, so time to take on Mt Moon!
*Got TM 09 Bullet Seed!* Ehh, Vine Whip is better.
Uh, so many wild encounters. Couldn’t they make a road or some other way to get to Cerulean City, insteadof this damp old cave? *Typical Game Freak logic says nope*
Lass: “Wow, it’s way bigger in here than I thought!” HOLY SHIT WE’RE IN A TARDIS??
*Solo is trying to learn Poisonpowder!* Well it’s way better than Growl, that’s for sure.
*Solo is trying to learn Sleep Powder!* …Way better than Poisonpowder. Well Solo, you just got a valuable addition to your movepool. “I will be better than ever master!” That’s the spirit!
*Got TM 46 Thief!* Could be useful to take items from wild pokes, but otherwise useless.
Oh hey, Team Rocket’s here!
Team Rocket Grunt: “Little kids shouldn’t be messing around with adults! It could be bad news!” Umm, I’m pretty sure it’s meant to be the other way around.
Anyway I destroyed the Super Nerd, claimed my Helix Fossil and left Mt Moon. Smell ya later bitches!
I think I’ll just pass by the Mega Punch/Kick tutors. I don’t feel the need for those moves right now.
*Got TM 05 Roar!* …Another one I will use exactly never.
Aaaand here we are at Cerulean City! Time to catch a new friend!
*Wild Spearow appeared!* I always thought Spearows looked a bit evil. I’ll call you Ornitha, derived from the Latin word for bird. Hmm, she could be better than Nadine but I’ll keep Ornitha boxed for now, just because Nadine’s a higher level and I can’t be bothered grinding. Now to train a bit more before heading north!
*Storm is evolving!* WOOOOOOOO “Prof, not even the mightiest of our foes shall stand between us and our virtues!” Cool beans, Storm.
*Hardman is trying to learn Magnitude!* Oooh yes. But which move should I delete? …Will Mud Sport be useful? I think not.
*Fury is trying to learn Fury Swipes!* Naah, Scratch is better and Leer could see some use against a Bide spammer or something.
*Solo is evolving!* OH. HELL. YES. “I’ll try harder now master! We will win!” Yeah Solo! That’s the spirit!!
Go Hardman! More training! *Wild Mankey appeared!* Great, we should be able to take this with Magnitu- *Mankey used Karate Chop! It’s a critical hit!* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO- *Hardman lives with 5 hp* …YES!!!!!! That was a close one Hardman, good thing you were at max HP eh? “I nearly failed you Prof!” But that’s the thing Hardman. You didn’t :)
*Hardman gets a critical Magnitude 10 on a level 6 Ekans* Well I know you want to prove yourself to me after almost dying, but don’t you think that’s a little overkill bro? O_O
*Nadine is evolving!* Nadine, your trolling levels just rose by OVER 9000!
*Storm is trying to learn Poison Sting!* Welp, it’s better than Focus Energy, and it’s at least useful for stalling and catching weak pokemon.
…Now my team is FINALLY strong enough to head north! Oh hai there Gary, you think you’ll beat me? Hmm, let me think… nah.
Basically I ended up in a massive stall war with his hacked Pidgeotto (level 17, but Pidgey doesn’t evolve until 18 -.-) and Hardman, with him using Sand Attack literally every turn. When Hardman eventually got a Rock Throw in, it didn’t OHKO -.- so I sent in Percent to clean it up. Then he sends in his own Rattata, and I switch to Fury who OHKOs it, of course. Then Gary sends in his Abra, which knows nothing but Teleport, which fails when used by NPCs >:) I send in Nadine to 2HKO it. Then he reveals his- level 18 Charmander? Seriously, you haven’t evolved it yet? What s noob. Anyway I keep Nadine in, which crits with a Quick Attack but is hit by a crit Ember in return, leaving my precious bird in the red. I switch to Storm, which tanks two Embers before KOing with Double Kick. Whew, that was by far the hardest and longest battle yet.
Then Gary goes on and says how he hates everyone else and gives me the useless Fame Checker. Smell ya later, loser.
Well I proceed to demolish Nugget Bridge, although Hardman did have some trouble against the last two trainers, who naturally spammed Fighting moves.
Oh, you’ll let me join Team Rocket? Sweet! I might just- hey WAIT I don’t even get the choice?? WTF is this??? Oh fine, I guess I’ll just beat him up then. *Solo ends his miserable life*
*Got TM 45 Attract!* Useless.
Now, it’s time to catch some pogeymans!
*Wild Abra appeared!* O___O OMFG!!! Good thing I have Solo out in front! Go Sleep Powder! Go Pokeball! *It broke free!* Well, its still sleeping… throw again! *It broke free!* -_- I sure hope the third one works… *it does* HOLY CRAP I GOT AN ABRA!!!! I’ll call you Lucky! *Lucky just shrugs her shoulders*
Now to catch another pogeyman!
*Wild Weedle appeared!* I-I miss you Stinger! *Runs away*
Well I have dupes clause, so I get another chance.
*Wild Caterpie appeared!* That’s better. I’ll call you Mothra, because who wouldn’t?
Now I’m going to grind Lucky until she’s on par with the rest of the team. Sorry Nadine, but you are no longer necessary *boxes her*
*Lucky is evolving!* AWW YEAAHH!! Wait, Lucky’s a female… and yet she has a moustache? WTF?? “…Shut up.” Yay Lucky can talk! “Big deal.” Maan, you’re a bit of an ass.
*Lucky learned Disable!* Well, I might never use it, but it’s far from useless. Hey, now let’s stop grinding you and continue onwards!
*Percent is trying to learn Focus Energy!* …Better than Tackle? I guess. Wait that means…
*Percent is evolving!* HELL YEAH!!! “Do you love me now master?” Well this time the answer is DEFINITELY YES!!!! *Percent is trying to learn Scary Face!* Better than Focus Energy, not that I’ll use it anyway.
Picnicker: “My boyfriend is cool!” Useless information GET!
*Got TM 43 Secret Power!* Ehh, not that good. Will probably never use it.
Okay, time to visit the world-famous Bill!

So it’s a Clefairly that claims to be Bill, who wants me to teleport it in the machine. And Clefairys are rumoured to be from space. Hmm…
HE’S AN ALIEN TRYING TO ENTER HIS HUMAN AVATAR AHHHHHHHHHH
Well this is awesome so I helped him anyway. As thanks, he gave me a ticket for the best cruise ship in the world, the S.S. Anne! Sweet.
But first, I’ll grind Solo a bit more for the gym.
*Solo is trying to learn Razor Leaf!* Sooooooo much better than Vine Whip.
…And with that, we’re ready to take on the gym!
Well Storm and Lucky easily took care of the lackeys, let’s see if Misty is any better.
I lead with Solo (naturally) and she goes for Staryu. I Leech Seed for some scouting, and it uses a useless Harden. Solo, end it’s miserable life. *Razor Leaf OHKOs* Now for the big guns- she sends out Starmie. It outspeeds and uses Swift, getting a crit, while Solo’s Leech Seed misses. -.- incredibly haxy round. Well Solo can easily take another Swift even if it crits, so I Leech Seed again. Sure enough, its Swift crits AGAIN (WTF???) but thankfully Leech Seed hits. I heal Solo with a Potion, getting hit by another Swift (but thankfully this one didn’t crit). I then heal again, and it continues its Swift spamming. Then I begin to put my plan into action. GO SLEEP POWDER!! It Swifts AGAIN and Sleep Powder connects, crippling it. Hehe… ALL OUT OFFENSIVE!!! Solo KO’s with an awesome Razor Leaf.
CASCADE BADGE GET!!!!! Also I get TM 03 Water Pulse, which could be veeery useful in the future. But enough of that, see you next time!

Gym Badges: 2

Current team:

Solo the Ivysaur (M)
Level 23
-Razor Leaf
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Tackle

Fury the Mankey (M)
Level 20
-Karate Chop
-Leer
-Scratch
-Low Kick

Percent the Raticate (M)
Level 20
-Hyper Fang
-Tail Whip
-Scary Face
-Quick Attack

Storm the Nidorino (M)
Level 20
-Double Kick
-Leer
-Poison Sting
-Peck

Hardman the Geodude (M)
Level 20
-Magnitude
-Rock Throw
-Defence Curl
-Tackle

Lucky the Kadabra (F)
Level 19
-Confusion
-Teleport
-Disable

RIP:
Stinger the Kakuna

Total dead: 1

Right, kicking off with a LG nuzlocke challenge.

Standard rules, unimited pokemon center use, no revives, no legendaries, set.

Recent happenings:

Got Total boss the bulbasaur and beat my rival, chunder. Got to viridian city.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Woo another form of procrastination!

Started an FR Nuzlocke yesterday (After finally completing a Sapphire one). Already upto Viridian Forest and begging to god I don't get a Weedle... Standard Ruleset with no dupes.

Team so far:

Tank the Squirtle Lv 10 (Pallet Town)
Mos the Mankey Lv 7 (Route 22)
Jas the Pidgey Lv 7 (Route 2)
Birkal the Metapod Lv 5 (Viridian Forest)

My next catch is going to be called Birkal :D I just hope I run into a Pikachu or Caterpie! I know I'm 100% safe to get past Brock with both Mankey and Squirtle so that shouldn't be a problem. Pidgey is always a safe bet later on, I just need to remember NOT to go north from Cerulean until everyone is a decent level. I'll try and make my next update a little more interesting! :D

EDIT: Yes a Metapod! Better than a Weedle at least!

Whiling away the time until we get news, I decided to start a Platinum Nuzlocke! I've had rather bad luck with Nuzlockes before, I've never managed to beat an Elite 4. Closest I got was HG, where I managed to make it to Victory Road before my rival took out 3 of my strongest... with 3 crits. -_-; Hoping nothing like that happens this time.

Standard rules, Repeats only allowed if the first dies. Items only allowed inside battle, unless it's something that can only be used outside. (HMs, etc.) First route, catch the first Pokemon after you get balls. Also, shinies can be captured no matter what. My last THREE Nuzlockes have ALL given me shinies, I refuse to not capture them. They'll be put in a 'dead' box.

-Picked up Tank the Turtwig (Not copying DHR, it was named before I read his post. XD)
- Blahdeblahdeblah starting bits.
-Capture Swoop the Starly! Yay, not a Bidoof!
-Capture Leona the Shinx (Female with intimidate, nice!)
-Make it to Jubilife. Talk to rival, battle school kids, acquire Pokegear.
-Headed up to Rt. 204, hoping for a Budew. Encountered... Bidoof. -_-; Joy. Well, I got that out of the way.
-Ran into an Abra and caught it with the first ball I tossed. Lucky!
-Epically failed to catch a Geodude... Had out Turtwig and misclicked Absorb instead of Tackle. -_-; Whoops.
-Caught a Machop, named it THE ROCK. THE ROCK is adamant!
-Trained THE ROCK and challenged Roark, winning easily.
-Headed back to Jubilife.

So far, so good.
Team:
Leona (Shinx) Lv. 13 ->Rt. 202
Intimidate, Docile, Alert to sounds
Intimidate is super useful, so she'll probably get used a lot.

Tank (Turtwig) Lv. 14 ->Starter
Overgrow, Mild, Quick to flee
Torterra is awesome, expecting big things. Please don't die. T.T

Swoop (Starly) Lv. 12 ->Rt. 201
Keen Eye, Bold, A little quick tempered
Might be useful, depending on how much I train her. If she's still around for Gardenia she'll make things a lot easier.

Munch (Bidoof) Lv. 4 ->Rt. 204
Unaware, Careful, likes to run
Hm slave. That is all.

THE ROCK (Machop) Lv. 14 ->Rt. 207
No Guard, Adamant, Quick Tempered

Boxed:
Sonar - Zubat Lv. 3
Madam Elle - Abra Lv. 4
Pytha - Onix Lv. 8

Overall very happy. I've already had 2 major crits, though. Both took my Pokemon from full health to red in a single blow. >.< Really hope THAT doesn't continue.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Wooo Beaten Brock and obtained some Running Shoes :D Brock was easy with Squirtle OHKOing both with Water Gun :)

Birkalfree is pretty awesome now :D

Current Team: (as of Beating Brock)

Mos - Mankey (f)
Bold Nature (-Atk +Def)
Vital Spirit
Lv 10
Met Route 22

Jas - Pidgey (m)
Naive Nature (- Spcl Def +Speed)
Keen Eye
Lv 11
Met Route 2

Birkal - Butterfree (f)
Compound Eyes
Lv 11
Met Viridian Forest

Tank - Squirtle (m)
Modest Nature (-Atk +Spcl Atk)
Torrent
Lv 14
Met Pallet Town

Nearly lost Jas while grinding Metapod to a critical hit from a tail whipping Rattata... Wasn't paying attention and nearly lost him. Birkalfree has saved me from having to fight Weedles with Confusion OHKOing everyone. :D No chance of Poisoning there. Currently on Route 3, will try to get to Mt Moon before sleeping tonight :D

Well, I warned you. Super-short Chapter 6 is up.

Next chapter you may not want to read, it may be too sad, what with someone dying.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
Reached Mount Moon late last night :) Caught a Modest Geodude -_-

Route 3 gave me Spearow (Cape). Do not know whether to risk going onto Route 4 to get something or buy the Magikarp. Probably the former as I already have Wartortle.

Cape - Spearow (m)
Naive (AGAIN WTF) (- Spcl Def +Speed)
Keen Eye
Lv 10
Met Route 3

Mos - Mankey (f)
Bold Nature (-Atk +Def)
Vital Spirit
Lv 12
Met Route 22

Jas - Pidgey (m)
Keen Eye
Lv 13
Met Route 2

Birkal - Butterfree (f)
Compound Eyes
Lv 12
Met Viridian Forest

Tank - Wartortle(m)
Modest Nature (-Atk +Spcl Atk)
Torrent
Lv 16
Met Pallet Town

Boxed
Espy - Geodude (Modest, Sturdy, Lv 9, Met Mount Moon)

Been pretty safe so far, no one has gotten critically injured and Route 3 was a breeze to battle through... Just glad I didn't get Jigglypuff as my wild catch there!

I will begin white today
expect an update later tonight or possibly tomorrow
Rules:
standard 3
unlimited potions use in and out of battle
one pokemon center per town expect forced ones ie: accumula town
no duplicates

Began game, named myself fin because that is my name (don't try and stalk me)
picked tepig named him OINKY he has a JOLLY nature, crap, TEPIG wont out speed much anyway and weakening ember is bad
did Bianca battle piece of piss
cheren almost ended my journey there with a crit leaving me on 1hp
did the pokedex and journey starting crap
got map
went to rout one killed patrat
accumula town was interesting n was destroyed muhahahahha
rout 2 prestented another patrat
Nibbles lv.6 joined the team quirky aint bad no loss to attack or speed at least
Bianca battle 2 scared me Nibbles was almost killed by lilipup
oinky then killed all both with ember (i was wrong about it being weak i guess)
Both grew to level 9
SAVE

Team so far
OINKY lv9 jolly
ember
odor slueth
tackle tail whip

Nibbles lv.9 quirky
bite
tackle
bide
leer

So should i keep updating or no?

Haven't had much time to play my Crystal Nuzlocke, but glad to say it's still fun to do (working on playing now)

I might try and write a story for it, but i doubt it (I just wanna beat Red with the Nuzlocke). So far, here's my team:

Magellan @ N/A (Lv.20)
Moves:
Gust
Tackle
Quick Attack
Mud-Slap

A really good pokemon, he has helped with a lot of trainer battles. Will truly show his worth once I get fly =D Definately a Keeper.

Marco @ Quick Claw (Lv.22)
Moves:
Rock Throw
Defense Curl
Rollout
Magnitude

Yea Boi, this thing is a POWERHOUSE! He's single-handedly taken out all the gym leaders (Rock throw Madness vs. the first 2, DCurl+Rollout vs. Miltank). Not much can take the brunt of this thing's power. Will be my Strength user, and will do it with pride. Definate MVP!

Tesla @ N/A (Lv.19)*
Moves:
Fire Punch
Thunderpunch
Ice Punch
Dizzy Punch

Yep, a Shiny Elekid from the Odd Egg. I guess it's the best i could hope for, it has the best coverage and is just awesome. Currently LVP, but i expect that to change soon.

Boxed Mons:
Blast the Cyndaquil
Wiggle the Jigglypuff
Flitter the Metapod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)