Challenge Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't updated in a while due to midterms. -_-; Haven't made a whole heck of a lot of progress, but here goes:

After my haxxy haxxy Gym battle, I hunted down a bunch of Galactic Grunts. They were easy, and I trained Ophelia along the way. However, when it came to a certain Galactic commander, I struggled. I kept switching and healing as much as possible, but I just couldn't find an opening. Finally I realized I'd have to sacrifice one of my Pokemon in order to get an opening. So, I selected the least valuable member of my team and winced as it (of course) took a critical hit to the face. Poor Munch...

After that, a lot of people talked. Bike guy talked. Cynthia talked. The professor's aide talked. I biked around some, then made my way to Hearthome. Caught a couple of Pokemon along the way, including Gar the Gligar and Leafy Lady the Roselia. Found Bebe and told her I'd be THRILLED to take that Eevee off her hands. I took it, named it Dash since it would most likely become an Umbreon, and checked its stats. It's... Somewhat Vain? And BOLD? O.O ORLY? Hmmm.....

Anyway, taking the time to get a few more levels before I go anywhere.

Team:
Madam Elle the Kadabra Lv. 19
THE ROCK the Machop Lv. 19
Ophelia the Buizel Lv. 19
Swoop the Staravia Lv. 23
Tank the Grotle Lv. 21
Dash the Eevee Lv. 20

Boxed:
Om the Meditite Lv. 13
Iwa the Geodude Lv. 19
Ureshii the Togepi Lv. 1
Weevil the Wurmple Lv. 11
U jelly? the Shellos Lv. 12
Maboroshi the Gastly Lv. 13 (Adamant, LOL)
Pytha the Onix Lv. 8
Sonar the Zubat Lv. 3
Gar the Gligar Lv. 16
Leafy Lady the Roselia Lv. 20

Dead:
Leona the Luxio Lv. 19 <-Lost to Gardenia Via stupidity
Munch the Bidoof Lv. 4 <- Lost the Team Galactic to pave the way to victory.

Part 3 of my nuzlocke, right here. Link to the rest is in my sig.

Part 3:
Well, time to get out of this dump. Oh lookie here, the policeman has moved and let me into that random house!
*gasp* Team Rocket stole this guy’s TM! Hey homeowner, guess the number I’m thinking of. Here’s a hint: It’s the number of damns I give. “Is it one or greater?” Nope.
…And here’s the culprit! Well, I know what my one good deed today will be! *beats him up and steals back TM 28 Dig*
Hmm, I might return this to the owner… NOT!
Oh yay a new route! I wonder what new friends I’ll find!
*Wild Meowth appeared!* Sweet, I’ll call you Bling. You might be awesome later but for now… *boxed*
Oh hai Day Care man! I’d like to give you a pokemon, but I don’t need to right now. See ya!
Aaaand to Underground Path! Wow this place is boring.

…Aaaaaand here we are at another new route!
*Wild Oddish appeared!* Oh hai there! I’ll call you Wanderus. *boxed*
*Hardman is trying to learn Selfdestruct!* HOLY SHIT DON’T SCARE ME LIKE THAT! You are NOT learning that.
*Fury is trying to learn Focus Energy!* …No.
Aaaaaaannnnnnddddd Vermillion City! I head over straight away and collect my free Vs Seeker (best item evar) and the… Old Rod. Huh.
Oh hai old man, yes I’ll listen to you ramble about your Rapidash as long as you give me that Bike Voucher!
*5 minutes later*
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BIKE!!!
Okay, now to catch some MORE new friends!
*Wild Diglett appeared!* Sweet, I’ll call you Nobody. Get it? Because, you’re like, just a head? With no body? Haha? “…That’s not funny.” …SHUT UP I’M TRYING OKAY??
*Wild Ekans appeared!* Sweet, welcome to the tea- *I misclick and hit Razor Leaf, KOing it* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY EKANS!!
*sniff* Well, time to move on.
*Lucky learned Psybeam!* Yes!! As if you weren’t OHKOing everything before, this is even better! “…Whatever.”
Gamer: “I have never won before.” Welp, looks like I’ll extend that streak a little further for you.
Another Gamer: “I have never lost!” Soon, oh so soon, you will learn how it feels to fail.
Well I’ve defeated all the trainers here, time to board the Tita- I mean the S.S. Anne. Oh btw, the S.S. Anne is a new area, so I can catch a new friend!
*Wild Magikarp appeared!* Hello Sushi! Hope you like the box!
*Storm is trying to learn Horn Attack!* Poison Sting sucks.
…And with that, Storm has exhausted his very limited supple of useful level-up moves. Gogo Moon Stone!
*Storm is evolving!* YEAH NIDOKING!!!!
*Storm is trying to learn Thrash!* Well I suspect that will be a bit more useful than Horn Attack, so on it goes!
Random passenger: “Waiter, I would like a cherry pie, please!” Hey, just because I came barging into your room doesn’t mean I’m a waiter.
Youngster: “I like pokemon! Do you?” No, I’m just playing a game about them because I love to watch animals fighting.
*Got TM 31 Brick Break!* Well well, this will be very useful. I think I’ll teach it to Fury now, but I’ll buy another later on for Storm, I think.
Lass: “I collected these pokemon from all around the world!” Sweet, so I’m guessing Hydreigon, Metagross, Tyranitar, something like that right? *she has a Pidgey and a Nidoran F* …I could have found those in my backyard. You have travelled the world, and you have TWO pokemon. And they both suck. FML.
Old guy: “I’m a Global Police agent. I’m on the trail of Team Rocket.” HOLY CRAP IT’S LOOKER! So let me guess, you went back in time to Kanto after taking down Team Galactic and capturing the 7 Plasma Sages, right? “What no, I don’t know what the hell you’re talking about.” C’mon, you’re secret’s safe with me.
Sailor: “I like feisty kids like you!” AHHHHHHHHHHHH PROFESSOR OAK IN DISGUISE!!!
*Got TM 44 Rest!* Ehh, pretty useless.
*Lucky is trying to learn Reflect!* Better than the now-useless Confusion.
…Oh, here’s that Gary kid again. He claims to have caught 40 species of pokemon already, which is impossible at this point in the game. This furthers my suspicion that he ahs been abusing a Gameshark. Well, I don’t tolerate cheating. DIE!!
Hardman leads against his Pidgeotto, and as usual it Sand Attacks. However, Hardman is used to these tricks and OHKOs with Rock Throw. Gary sends out his Charmeleon, which hurts Hardman quite a bit with a crit Metal Claw, but it didn’t stand a chance against Magnitude 8. Gary sends in his Kadabra, so I switch to Percent, getting hit by a Confusion on the way in. I Quick Attack, and Gary decides to troll with another team member- Kadabra used Kinesis, causing Percent’s next Quick Attack to miss. Third times the charm though, and down it goes. Gary’s final pokemon is a Raticate. I switch to Fury, getting hit by an extremely useless Tail Whip. Fury smashes it to hell and back with a Brick Break, winning the match for me!
Anyway Gary just mentions how useful Cut is and leaves, thankfully.
I head upstairs and meet to Captain, who claims to be seasick. Seriously, a seasick captain? Oh, he wants he to rub his back? AHHHHHHHH IT’S OAK AGAIN wait he says he’ll give me HM 01 Cut if I do it. …Okay! *Does so, claims the prize, then hightails it out of the boat*
Well if I want to battle the gym, I’m going to have to teach Cut to something. Hmm… I’ll give it to Bling the Meowth.
Now… TO THE GYM!!!
Well all the trainers were a breeze, but the puzzle was annoying as hell. It’s entirely up to luck, and you’ve only got a 1 in 2 chance at best to get it right, and a 1 in 4 chance in the worst case scenario. But eventually, I got to Lt. Surge…
I lead with Harman, he goes for Voltorb. It outspeeds (naturally) and hits with a Sonicboom, before Hardman destroys it with a Magnitude 8. He then sends out his Pikachu, which outspeeds too and Double Teams, but Hardman just doesn’t stand for that shit and demolishes it with a Magnitude 10. Surge sends out his final pokemon, Raichu. It also goes for a Double Team, which causes Hardman’s Magnitude to miss. Then Raichu does it again… but a Magnitude 8 hits and OHKOs. Prof wins!
*Hardman is evolving!* AWWWW YEAH!!!! “Man, we’re gonna ROCK!” Hehe, cause you’re a rock type! I get it! Hahahahahaha
Yeah Surge was really *puts on shades* shocked by his defeat. I guess you could say I *puts on another pair of shades* really shook him up! /terrible joke montage
Yeah he gives me the Thunder Badge and TM 34 Shock Wave as a prize,as is expected. Cool!
Aaaaaaand Part 3 is over. Tune in next time for more exciting adventures! *theme song plays*

Gym Badges: 3

Current team:

Solo the Ivysaur (M)
Level 23
-Razor Leaf
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Tackle

Fury the Mankey (M)
Level 24
-Brick Break
-Leer
-Scratch
-Low Kick

Percent the Raticate (M)
Level 24
-Hyper Fang
-Tail Whip
-Scary Face
-Quick Attack

Storm the Nidoking (M)
Level 23
-Double Kick
-Leer
-Thrash
-Peck

Hardman the Graveler (M)
Level 25
-Magnitude
-Rock Throw
-Defence Curl
-Tackle

Lucky the Kadabra (F)
Level 23
-Psybeam
-Teleport
-Disable
-Reflect

Out of curiosity, if I'm using an emulator, is the speed-up button allowed? It makes grinding go upwards of 10x faster...

*sigh* After gaining a few levels and rearranging my team, I challenged Fantina.

I opened with Tank the Grotle. Her duskull went first and burned him, making his bite almost useless. He bites, and I think, there's no way the AI would pick WoW when the opponent is already burned, so I'll just switch in Buizel. Guess what? Duskull used WoW on Buizel, too, burning my two strongest team members. Pursuit still managed to KO, and I switched in Staravia to Haunter. It went down fairly easily, and I was starting to feel optimistic. She sent in Mismagius, I sent out Roselia. She goes first, shadow ball crits. OHKO. I send in Staravia and manage to get her low enough that her Sitrus berry activates before Psybeam crits and kills Swoop. I send out Grotle, and select bite. She uses Shadow Ball and crits again. I send in Geodude and select Rock Throw. She uses Magical Leaf, which I admittedly had forgotten she had. OHKO. I send in Buizel and Aqua Jet to shave off a sliver of health. Magical Leaf + burn damage kills Buizel. My last Pokemon is Dash the Eevee, who has no moves that can damage Mismagius. I send out Dash and valiantly sand-attack 3 times before death.

Final team:
Leafy Lady the Roselia Lv. 22
Tank the Grotle Lv. 24
Ophelia the Buizel Lv. 23
Swoop the Staravia Lv. 25
Iwa the Geodude Lv. 24
Dash the Eevee Lv. 20

*sigh* I really don't do well with Nuzlockes at all. ^^;

@Ayame: Ouch, you got trashed by Fantina. 3: You probably did better then I would fare on a Nuzlocke though. :0 I usually have trouble with Fantina in Platinum too.

hi guys, i'm just telling you my ridiculously haxy white run through is on hold as for im starting competitive battling and i'm behind on my uni work
until we meet again fellow nuzlockers

Seeing as my first copy of Platinum died for unknown reasons, I got myself a new copy and decided I'd do it's first run as a Nuzlocke. So far I've gotten two gym badges, going with the standard rules. Anybody who can guess my nicknames theme is a rather cool person indeed

Anasazi (Zubat) @ Lv16
Emasculata (Gligar) @ Lv18
Apocrypha (Grotle) @ Lv26
Talitha (Staravia) @ Lv26

Boxed

Schizogeny (Bronzor) @ Lv18
Gethsemane (Togepi) @ Lv1
Herrenvolk (Cascoon) @ Lv14
Syzygy (Dustox) @ Lv12
Elegy (Chingling) @ Lv14

Rest In Peace

Tunguska (Zubat) @ Lv7
Nisei (Shellos) @ Lv12
Lazarus (Buizel) @ Lv10
Chinga (Budew) @ Lv8
Calusari (Luxio) @ Lv25

Calusari unfortunately endured a Critical Hit Selfdestruct from a wild Geodude as I tried to train Anasazi up. Can't say I'm too happy, especially as Lazarus is Adamant and I'd planned on either him or Nisei being long-term members of my team..

Chapters 4 and 5 of my Emerald Nuzelocke are up, hope you enjoy =D (Click on the link in my sig to read the whole thing)

Chapter 4: Through the Woods and Over the River
The morning sun awoke me with a gentle ray of light landing on my face. I shifted and rolled over to look at my Pokemon, all curled up around the embers of our fire. Ragonarok awoke first, and shortly after the rest of the gang was up and energized, ready for the day. After a quick breakfast we packed up camp and began to move forward.

Petalburg Forest was dark despite the bright sun that shined down on the top of its canopy. On the forest floor it was damp and eerie, the sounds of scuttling Pokemon echoing through the emptiness. For awhile I felt as though the forest was lifeless when suddenly there was a *plunk* and right infront of me a Slakoth appeared, drowsy as ever.

I knew of Slakoths, and knew that they were difficult to raise and even their final form was a gamble to use, but I figured passing this guy up wouldnt be the wisest idea. "Alright, go Sly!" Sly the Zigzagoon appeared with a flip out of its Pokeball and began to circle the near oblivious Slakoth. "Tackle!" Sly struck home, as the Slakoth batted it away with a Scratch from its long claws. Sly returned for a second strike and the Slakoth sailed away, crashing into a tree trunk. "Alright, Pokeball go!!" With spot on aim the Pokeball struck, and Slakoth was mine.

"Nice job Sly! Now we just gotta name you." I looked down at Sly, who just shook his striped head. "Yeah, the only appropriate name for this guy is Troll. So from now on, you shall be Troll the Slakoth."

I continued through the forest without much resistance until suddenly I walked headlong into a man dressed in an awefully tacky green suit. "Oh, hello there," he said. "Do you know the Pokemon Shroomish? I absolutely love that Pokemon."

I planned on making a snide remark when suddenly there was a shout from not far off there. "You there, devon researcher, give me those papers!" From the brush leapt a man dressed like pirate.

"Aiiiieeeh!" The man in the green suit shouted as he fled behind me. "You there, you are a trainer right? Well defend me!" Before I even had a chance to respond the pirate had already attacked me with his Poocheyana.

I sighed, and released Torchic, and in a few desicive blows from Ember the pirate was fleeing from my sight, shouting something about Rustboro City in his wake.

"Thank you for saving me," said the man. "Here, as a token of my appreciation I want you to have this Great Ball. Wait, did he say something about Rustboro City...? A crisis!! I must be off." And no sooner had he said that then did he run off out of the forest, completely missing the Shroomish who had poked its head out of a bush to get a look at what was going on.

I just shook my head, completely confused by the shinanegans of the adult world, and finished my trek out of the Forest and onto the other side of Route 104, with the only excitment being the final evolution of Tasty the Cascoon into Tasty the Dustox. I nearly choked on its toxic scales when I approached it for the first time... At least the Fight-type Gym dad mentioned will be a little easier now. After I finished gasping for air I took the final stretch through the woods.

The warm sun greeted me as I escaped the dense flora and walked onto the other part of Route 104. Surrounded by a large lake, the trainers here all seemed to have a mellow air to them. I siezed this advantage and steam rolled through them, Sly stealing items the whole way. Within the hour I had made it across the old wooden bridge and into Rustboro City, one of the greatest metropolises in the Hoenn Region.

Chapter 5: Ascending the Ranks to Trainer First Class
Rustboro City put Petalburg City to shame, while Oldale and Littleroot might as well not even have existed. The streets were lined with cobble stone, and everywhere I turned I saw the hustle and bustle of city life. This is the kind of place I could get used to. The first order of business was to heal my team up and deposit Troll, so I headed to the Pokemon Centre and in ten minutes I was on my way beelining to the gym.

The gym stood before me like a mountain, its great glass doors taunting the badgeless trainers with its might. I looked down at the Pokeballs along my waist and sighed with dismay. Ragnarok, depsite being near evolution, was no contending in this gym, and would most likely die to the first Rock-type attack thrown his way. Tasty fell into the same boat as Ragnarok, despite having Confusion under its belt. I guess he'll have to be a worst case scenerio back up Pokemon. Sly, on the other hand, possesed no weakness to this Gym, but knew no move to help in any battle, and his fragility would leave him to be easily KO'd. So there were three of my Pokemon crossed off from the battle roster, leaving only Pinacolada to shoulder the weight of the Gym. I grimaced at the thought of this. Pinacolada was relatively weak, still a Lotad, and despite being Jolly, was rather lazy. This is going to be a rough go. With a great sigh I stepped through the doors and was shallowed up by the immensity of the Gym.

I had hardly made it through the threshold when every Gym Trainer swarmed towards me, releasing all their Pokemon and challenging me to a battle. To my great surpise, Pinacolada swept through all of them, and by the time the last one fell in defeat Pinacolada looked to be much like Ragnarok-- at the final preparation stages before evolution.

I slowly walked towards the end of the Gym and was greeted by a gentle, light voice of a yound woman. "Greetings young Trainer, I am Roxanne, the Rustboro Gym Leader. Are you prepared to demonstrate to me what you have learned from my Gym? Alright, Go Geodude!"

"Go Pinacolada!" Lotad popped out and faced the menacing living boulder. My plan was pretty striaght forward-- Just Absorb until everything is defeated. Pinacolada had no problem obliging, and defeated her first two Geodude's while restoring herself to perfect health. But Roxanne wasn't done, she had saved the best for last. With a flick of her wrist the great Nosepass appeared, its size dwarfing my poor Lotad. I even saw Pinacolada shy away from the behemoth.

"Alright, Absorb Pinacolada!" I shouted, but to my dismay Nosepass was quicker, delivering a nasty Rock Tomb, while Lotad's Absorb barely healed off half of the damage.

The battle raged on, but Pinacolada held strong, and in one final push the Absorb won the day, and Nosepass fell, its great orange nose pointing into the ground in defeat. Suddenly, Pinacolada began to glow, and in a blinding flash Pinacolada the Lotad was gone, and in its place stoob Pinacolada the Lombre. Congrats Pinacolada, after that battle you deserve it.

"Excellent battle, you know your stuff." Roxanne applauded. "Here is your Gym Badge. Go now, the road of a Trainer is still long." I nodded my head in thanks, and walked out of the Gym with a swagger in my step.

I exited the no-longer-so-mighty Gym doors and turned to face the road. There was a shout and a blue figure whipped past me, a large package held beneath his arms. Behind him a man in green was running and pleading, shouting for the boxes return. Curious, I followed, hoping to discover the source of the commotion.

More Updates coming soon.

Team:
Ragnarok the Torchic (M)
Nature- Lonely
Lvl- 13
Moves- Scratch, Growl, Focus Energy, Ember
Ability- Blaze
Opinion: As a starter, I have high expectations for Torchic. The only fear is of its common weaknesses and its poor defenses will cause an untimely death for Ragnarok. As of right now Ragnarok's true potential is still unknown, as Pinacolada-- and to some extent even Tasty-- have been taking the spotlight.

Tasty the Cascoon (M)
Lvl- 11
Nature- Rash
Moves- Tackle, String Shot, Poison Sting, Confusion
Ability- Shed Skin
Opinion: The blow of not getting a Silcoon really stung, as a Dustox is nothing compared to Beautifly. But Tasty may still prove usefull in my future battle against Brawly. After that, I don't expect Tasty to do much. But I'll to make sure to keep him alive that long.

Sly the Zigzagoon (M)
Lvl- 11
Nature- Calm
Moves- Growl, Tackle, Tail Whip, Headbutt
Ability- Pickup
Opinion: With the acquisiton of Headbutt Sly has become much more threatening. While no powerhouse, he still has plenty of uses. And filling my bad with stolen goods is something that I never complain about.

Pinacolada the Lotad (F)
Lvl- 14
Nature- Jolly (great -_-)
Moves- Astonish, Growl, Absorb, Nature Power
Ability- Rain Dish
Opinion: MVP for sure as of right now. Soloing Roxanne's Gym with no Pokemon Center and I think maybe one Potion deserves a pat on the back. I have high hopes for Pinacolad

Box:
Troll the Slakoth (F)
Level- 5
Nature- Serious
Moves- Sractch, Yawn
Ability- Traunt
Opinion: I can only laugh at Troll. Despite how powerful Slaking is, training a Slakoth in a Nuzlocke Challenge just isnt worth it. Odds are it'll faint before it can even get to that point. The only use I can think of is a Cut slave.

Chapter 6 is up, Chapter 7 will follow soon.

Chapter 6: Team Aqua Strikes Again
I jogged in the direction of the two running men and eventually found myself at the boundary between Route 116 and Rustboro City. And to my great surprise my old friend, the man in the green suit, was standing there too, looking out at the vast Route 116 with sweat dripping down his face and distress etched onto his face.

I slowly walked up to him when he whipped around, staring me straight in the face. "Oh good heavens, its you, the great trainer from Petalburg Woods. I need your help, that Team Aqua goon stole my goods. Please, get them back." He didnt even let me respond before he pushed me out onto the route and forced me to save his goods.

Route 116 was a wild a lush route full of life. Trainers were all over, and I was prepared to take them down. With Ragnarok and Sly by my side I stormed the Route, taking no prisoners. The only enemy I allowed to survive was the a Nincada who had appealed to my better nature. So I captured it a named it Inseninja. Who knows, I might just need him one day.

By the time a reached the large tunnel at the end of the route my team was feeling strong. Ragnarok still remained a Torchic, but Sly, and even Tasty, had grown stronger. At the openning of the tunnel an old man stood, his eyes red and his face streaked with tears. As I approached he broke down in near incomprehensible sobs, "Wraaah, that man stole my beloved Peeko. PEEKO!!" I just nodded, and then entered the tunnel.

Rusturf Tunnel was a strange world. Filled with a perpetual layer of green dust, I could barely breathe in it. Suddenly, a wild Whismer jumped out at me. Sly was quick to react, and in moments I had captured Kerry the Whismer. Not far down the tunnel I saw the shadowy figure of a man. Beneath his arm was a box, and by his side was a Pokemon.

"Don't come any closer runt!" the man shouted. "Poocheyana go!"

"Alright, Sly, lets do this!!" Sly and Poocheyana circled, each barring their fangs. Sly struck first with a strong Headbutt, as the Poocheyana tried to blind him with a Sand-Attack. But Sly was unphased, and finished him off with another Headbutt.

"Grrrrr," the Grunt growled. "To think I made it this far with a useless hostage Pokemon only to be stopped by a dead-end tunnel and a kid. Here, take the package and the Pokemon, I'm gone." And with the relinqiushing of the box and Pokemon the Grunt fled. Immediately the old man appeared.

"Thank you for saving my Peeko. I am Mr. Briney, I live in the cottage by Petalburg Woods. If you ever need anything just ask." And then he and his Pokemon left. I soon followed suit, as there was nothing really left for me here.

As soon as I returned to Rustboro the man in the suit swooped down upon me, thanking me a hundred times over and giving me another Great Ball. Then he took me away to his office building, where his boss, Mr. Stone, not only gave thanked me but gave me a Pokenav, as well as a mission to deliver the goods and the letter. I accepted the task and headed on my way.

I returned to the Pokemon Centre to deposit my unecessary members of my team: Kerry and Inseninja. After a quick rest I left and began to leave Rustboro City. As I approached the road to Route 104 a familiar voice shouted from behind me. "Hey Severus, I hope you are ready for a battle!"

Team:
Ragnarok the Torchic (M)
Nature- Lonely
Lvl- 15
Ability- Blaze
Opinion: As a starter, I have high expectations for Torchic. The only fear is of its common weaknesses and its poor defenses will cause an untimely death for Ragnarok. As of right now Ragnarok's true potential is still unknown, as Pinacolada-- and to some extent even Tasty-- have been taking the spotlight.

Tasty the Dustox (M)
Lvl- 13
Nature- Rash
Moves- Tackle, String Shot, Poison Sting, Confusion
Ability- Shed Skin
Opinion: The blow of not getting a Silcoon really stung, as a Dustox is nothing compared to Beautifly. But Tasty may still prove usefull in my future battle against Brawly. After that, I don't expect Tasty to do much.

Sly the Zigzagoon (M)
Lvl- 12
Nature- Calm
Ability- Pickup
Opinion: With the acquisiton of Headbutt Sly has become much more threatening. While no powerhouse, he still has plenty of uses. And filling my bad with stolen goods is something that I never complain about.

Pinacolada the Lotad (F)
Lvl- 14
Ability- Rain Dish
Opinion: MVP for sure as of right now. Soloing Roxanne's Gym with no Pokemon Center and I think maybe one Potion deserves a pat on the back. I have high hopes for Pinacolad

Box:
Troll the Slakoth (F)
Level- 5
Nature- Serious
Moves- Sractch, Yawn
Ability- Traunt
Opinion: I can only laugh at Troll. Despite how powerful Slaking is, training a Slakoth in a Nuzlocke Challenge just isnt worth it. Odds are it'll faint before it can even get to that point. The only use I can think of is a Cut slave.

Inseninja the Nincada (M)
Level- 7
Nature- Jolly
Moves- Sractch, Harden, Leech Life
Ability- Compound Eyes
Opinion: Not much, he was the first Pokemon I caught, and maybe if I need him I could evolve him into a Ninjask or a Shedinja. Odds are I wont though.

Kerry the Whismer (F)
Level- 7
Nature- Brave
Moves- Pound, Uproar
Ability- Soundproof
Opinion: Kerry may have some potential, as Exploud is a decent Pokemon. Probably could be a back-up to Sly, though I hope that never happens.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not a Nuzlocke, but just letting you guys know I'm doing a no-evolution run of Emerald, current team is Mudkip and Aron in front of Brawly. I've got a pretty nice team planned out so it'll be interesting to see how it goes.

This Chapter left me heartbroken. R.I.P. Sly

Chapter 7: Victory at What Cost?
"Hey Severus, I hope you are ready for a battle!" May shouted as she tossed her Pokeball. Infront of her stood a Torkoal, looking at me with indifference.

Well someone is abusing their father's labratory. I looked at her Pokemon. Judging from its disposition, its power level was about on par with the rest of my team. I took stock of the Pokemon I had, and just like Roxanne's Gym, what I had at my disposal wasnt promising.

Tasty was immediately ruled out, he would die in a hit or two while not delivering any significant damage. The story was the same for Pinacolada, who while fairing better type-wise, had no move to power through Torkoal. Ragnarok had the most power on my team, but he too had no moves to muscle through Torkoal's defense. The only choice the remained was Sly, who I hoped despite his lackluster attack could make up for it with strong STAB blows. So with my decision made I sent Sly to face off against her Torkoal.

"Alright, use Headbutt!!" Sly charged in and smashed against Torkoal's hide, who hardly noticed the small Pokemon's presence. Meanwhile Torkoal was content with boosting its stats with a threatening Curse. Sly charged in again, doing even less damage, as Torkoal boosted again. Things were getting bad now, Sly was failing to do any damage meanwhile Torkoal was already at +2 in both Attack and Defense. But I had no other options, so Sly continued slugging through, hoping to gain some ground. Suddenly flames erupted from Torkoal's mouth and Sly was coated in Embers, delivering a huge amount of damage. I was shocked, I had no idea that Sly would take that kind of damage, and I knew he wouldnt be able to take two more of those. But Sly continued with another Headbutt, and then blanketed with more Embers.

Sly was on his last legs, but Torkoal looked weak too, and Sly knew it. But I knew that Sly couldn't handle another hit. I was preparing the switch when suddenly Sly charged forward without my command, striking with all his strength. Torkoal was rocked, but stayed standing, as more flames erupted from its mouth. Sly was completely obscured from sight, and as the smoke cleared, I saw Sly laying on his side, not moving, not breathing, just lying there, the fur along his head and left flank charred. Tears welled up in my eyes and I released Ragnarok. In a fury he finished off Torkoal, and then my mind went blank.

(Yeah, I made a bad judgement, I thought Headbutt might do max damage and Torkoal-- who was in the red-- would faint)

When I regained control I was looking at a defeated Mudkip, and a Lombre standing tall beside a charred Zigzagoon. "Great battle Severus, you are way stronger than I expected. Here, we'll exchange match call numbers so we can battle again. See ya around!" May said, and then walked marrily away.

I ran over to Sly, and scooped him up, his burnt fur falling away as my arms rubbed against it. With Pinacolada by my side I sprinted to the Pokemon Centre, tears streaking my face. I burst through the red roofed buildings doors and screamed for Nurse Joy to save him. Sly was taken away to the ER, but in 10 minutes Nurse Joy was back, tears in her eyes as well.

"Your Zigzagoon didn't make it. His," she stammered, struggling to control her emotions, "his burns were to severe. His small body couldnt handle it and his heart gave out."

I broke down sobbing, and Nurse Joy sat next to me as I cried into her shoulder. Sly was dead, and it was my fault. I swear this will never happen again. No one will suffer like you did Sly.

Sly was taken out of the ER in a casket, and brought to me. Ceremonially I opened the lid and placed Sly's Pokeball beside him. Our bond wouldnt be severed because we were no longer together on Earth. I closed the casket and Sly was carried outside of the Centre to a black car, where it was placed in the trunk. Tears in my eyes I watched as the car drove away, taking my beloved friend to Mt. Pyre, the final resting place for the deceased Pokemon. On the street a small stone was placed beneath and lampost with a small plague attached to it. It read: "In memory of Sly the Zigzagoon. Who's cute antics could bring a smile to even the most caloused of souls. May his spirit live on to bring joy to all who need it." Severus read the plague once and then left, never looking back. In his bag he discovered was the HM Cut, and attached to it was a note. "To help on your journey, it is what your Pokemon would have wanted. - The Cut Man"

I broke down once more at the entrance to Petalburg Woods. That night I slept alone with no fire nor tent to offer me comfort.

Team:
Ragnarok the Torchic (M)
Nature- Lonely
Lvl- 15
Ability- Blaze

Tasty the Dustox (M)
Lvl- 13
Nature- Rash
Moves- Tackle, Gust, Poison Sting, Confusion
Ability- Shed Skin
Opinion: The blow of not getting a Silcoon really stung, as a Dustox is nothing compared to Beautifly. But Tasty may still prove usefull in my future battle against Brawly. After that, I don't expect Tasty to do much.

Pinacolada the Lotad (F)
Lvl- 14
Ability- Rain Dish

Reserves:
Troll the Slakoth (F)
Level- 5
Nature- Serious
Moves- Sractch, Yawn
Ability- Traunt

Level- 7
Nature- Jolly
Ability- Compound Eyes
Opinion: Not much, he was the first Pokemon I caught, and maybe if I need him I could evolve him into a Ninjask or a Shedinja. Odds are I wont though.

Kerry the Whismer (F)
Level- 7
Nature- Brave
Moves- Pound, Uproar
Ability- Soundproof
Opinion: Kerry may have some potential, as Exploud is a decent Pokemon. Probably could be a back-up to Sly, though I hope that never happens.

In Memory Of:
Sly the Zigzagoon (M)
Lvl- 12
Nature- Calm
Ability- Pickup
Defeated By: A judgement error while facing May's Torkoal. He stood no chance against Torkoal's Ember.
Memorial: In memory of Sly the Zigzagoon. Who's cute antics could bring a smile to even the most caloused of souls. May his spirit live on to bring joy to all who need it.

More updates soon

I've noticed in every single main-stream Pokemon game, the third gym is the most dangerous out of any Gym in the Region. Fantina, Wattson, Elesa, Surge, Whitney. Each of them can and will destroy at least one Pokemon every single time during a Nuzlocke unless you're very very lucky. Misty's got a close second mention, since she sucks hell unless you have a Grass type. And Surge is deadly if you don't got a Diglett or Sandshrew/Slash with Dig.

*facepalm* W/e, every region's got a deadly gym, is what I was getting across. And Fantina is pretty bad unless you have a Scizor with Pursuit and Bullet Punch or something powerful to take the Mismagius out in one hit. Elesa's bad in a normal run, and unless you have something with a strong Rock-move, you're losin' something. I've always had trouble with Fantina, not so much Wake or Volkner.

This is my first ever time trying a Nuzlocke, and I decided to try Platinum :)

Rules:
Release anything that faints
Can only catch first Pokemon in an area (gifts allowed)
Battle style is "set", not "shift"
Can use healing items, but only those found in the field
Unlimited Pokemon Center uses

Just started today, and I'm just before the Oreburgh Gym right now. My Pokemon are:

Party:

Nobunaga [Monferno ♂]
Lv. 14 | Lonely Nature | Blaze | Route 201

- Ember
- Mach Punch
- Scratch
- Taunt

Akihiro [Staravia ♂]
Lv. 14 | Bashful Nature | Intimidate | Lake Verity

- Wing Attack
- Quick Attack
- Double Team
- Growl

Daizu [Shinx ♂]
Lv. 13 | Relaxed Nature | Rivalry | Route 204

- Spark
- Tackle
- Charge
- Leer

Kamekku [Psyduck ♀]
Lv. 12 | Quiet Nature | Damp | Oreburgh Gate

- Water Gun
- Scratch
- Tail Whip
- Water Sport

Boxed:
Kenhiro [Starly ♂] | Lv. 2 | Modest | Route 202
Fumiya [Bidoof ♂] Lv. 4 | Gentle | Route 203
Seiwa [Zubat ♀] | Lv. 7 | Adamant | Oreburgh Mine

Not many exciting things have happened so far. I decided to pick Chimchar because I always remembered that DPPt lacked Fire-types, and also decided to give Japanese nicknames to everything. The Lonely nature was very nice, and I got a decent Shinx and Starly early on too! I wish I would have been able to get an Abra or Budew to make the first gym much easier, but I suppose the Psyduck is better than nothing. After catching it in Oreburgh Gate, I ground there for a while until it learned Water Gun at Level 9, then massacred some Geodudes and Onixes in Oreburgh Mine. Chimchar and Starly just evolved, and in the box, I currently have an extra Starly, as well as a Bidoof and Zubat (hopefully, I won't have to use these!)

@ Texas Cloverleaf: Dude, Beautifly does the same thing as Dustox when facing Brawly. Both have a double resistance to the Fight-type, and Beautifly gets STAB on Gust. Dustox doesn't get STAB on Gust or Confusion. Also, Beautifly has way better Special Attack. Beautifly >>>>>>>> Dustox

Though I do agree Dustox saved my ass against Brawly. It pretty much soloed him... but Beautifly could still be used after Brawly, Dustox really cant.

@Lostaurora, I love the "Can only use healing items found in the field" idea.
Gives you a better incentive to explore, talk to NPCs, and compete in contests and the like.

Chapter 8: The Sun Always Rises Again
I awoke to the sounds of wild Taillow singing their mid-spring song. I rolled over and looked at my trainer belt; it only had three Pokeballs on it. Another tear rolled down my cheek as I touched the spot where Sly's Pokeball had rested. I knew he would have wanted me to go on. My dream was his dream-- it was our dream. To become the Champion.

The Taillow continued to sing as the sun rose over the canopy of Petalburg Woods, its rays landing on my face. It was as if the spirit of Sly was still calling out to me, cheering me on to get up and keep going. To no longer mourn, but honor the sacrifice of friend by making history.

I got up, and in a fluid motion re-clipped my belt around my waist. Sly will not have died in vain. I will win; WE will win. With a yell of vigor I released my team: Tasty, Ragnarok, and Pinacolada. And as one united being we charged through Petalburg Woods, not stopping until we had traversed its dark depths and come through the other side.

I stood before Mr. Briney's cottage, wondering if it was alright to enter. With a deep gulp to gain courage, I walked into the cottage head held high.

Mr. Briney was busy playing tag with Peeko around the large table, but stopped short at the sight of me. "Ahoy there, you are Severus if I am not mistaken. I heard about your misfortunes in Rustboro. I am terribly sorry for your loss, I know the feeling."

I just nodded as I fought back the tears. Biting my cheek to gain composure I opened my mouth and asked, "Mr. Briney, I need a ship to Dewford and Slatport, could you be of assistance?"

Mr. Briney's eyes lit up. "Could I be of assistance?" He said with a hearty laugh. "Well of course I can, all aboard Peeko, we are setting sail to Dewford!" With a great amount of energy, especially for an old man, Mr. Briney was out the door and already at the helm of his ship. I stepped on and immediately we were off along the ocean covered Route 105.

Midway my Pokenav rang. It was dad. I answered, not really listening to what he was saying, and gave a short goodbye when he said he had to go. I spent the rest of the ride in silence. In about thirty minutes Dewford was in sight, and in fifteen more minutes Mr. Briney had landed us in Dewford Harbour.

"Here we are, Dewford Island. You said you have a letter for Mr. Steven Stone. Knowing him he is probably in the Granite Cave north of where we are now, why don't you check in there?"

Taking Mr. Briney's advice I went north. But along the way two fishermen challenged me. Both were quickly dispatched by Ragnarok, and by the time I reached the cave's mouth, Ragnarok was no longer a Torchic, but a mighty Combusken. Things were looking up for me. I looked into the dark cave and stealing my courage, entered, not knowing what types of Pokemon waited for me in its dark depths.

More Updates coming soon. Sorry the last chapter was rather uneventful, but I had to set the stage for after the loss of Sly.

Team:
Ragnarok the Combusken (M)
Nature- Lonely
Lvl- 16
Moves- Scratch, Peck, Double Kick, Ember
Ability- Blaze
Opinion: No longer a weak Torchic, Ragnarok the Combusken has achieved a position of becoming a great powerhouse for my team. With a great early-game STAB in Double Kick, and useful supplementary moves in Ember and Peck it wont take long for Combusken to become a star on this team.

Tasty the Dustox (M)
Lvl- 13
Nature- Rash
Moves- Tackle, Gust, Poison Sting, Confusion
Ability- Shed Skin
Opinion: The blow of not getting a Silcoon really stung, as a Dustox is nothing compared to Beautifly. But it is in these upcoming chapters that Dustox may have its chance to shine. With a double resistance to Fighting and two Super Effective attacks in Gust and Confusion, the battle against Brawly will most likely fall on the shoulders of Tasty.

Pinacolada the Lotad (F)
Lvl- 15
Ability- Rain Dish
Opinion: As the most accomplished member of the team, Pinacolada has set the standards for what I expect from each member of the team. Soloing Roxanne with a Special Attack hindering nature and only one Potion and no Pokemon Centre is nice to have under your belt. Overall I have high hopes for her.

Reserves:
Troll the Slakoth (F)
Level- 5
Nature- Serious
Moves- Sractch, Yawn
Ability- Traunt

Level- 7
Nature- Jolly
Ability- Compound Eyes
Opinion: Not much, he was the first Pokemon I saw on the Route, and maybe if I need him I could evolve him into a Ninjask or a Shedinja. Odds are I wont though.

Kerry the Whismer (F)
Level- 7
Nature- Brave
Moves- Pound, Uproar
Ability- Soundproof
Opinion: Kerry may have some potential, as Exploud is a decent Pokemon. With Sly's unfortunate death the odds of Kerry joining the team have increased dramatically. Though I still wonder if grinding her to the level of the rest of my team is even worth it.

In Memory Of:
Sly the Zigzagoon (M)
Lvl- 12
Nature- Calm
Ability- Pickup
Defeated By: A judgement error while facing May's Torkoal. He stood no chance against Torkoal's Ember.
Memorial: In memory of Sly the Zigzagoon, whose cute antics could bring a smile to even the most caloused of souls. May his spirit live on to bring joy to all who need it.

After I finish my current Ruby Nuzlocke(started it awhile ago and now can't remember a whole lot so writing it up is pretty impossible), I'll start a new file and Nuzlocke with Treeko instead of Torchic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)