Challenge Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never mind about the new run....
I died =_=
Lenora killed KO'er, Kitty and Temper, leaving me with a lvl10 Britzle + a lvl20 Pansage....Yeah got killed by Twins Mayo and May and their Twin Seawaddle combo, who killed Sage, then Stripes...
So started again, started with Inferno the Lax Tepig, hoping this run goes better :P
Keep yas updated!
Team:
Inferno the Tepig(M)
Nature:Lax(-Def +SpDef)
Moves:
1. Tackle
2. Tail Whip
Comments: Only just started, but he sweept Biance and Cheren, so I guess MVP

@Maxie: Damn, you have horrible luck. D: Black and White seem to be much harder Nuzlockes then in past generations. :o
I know, I grinded for like an hour too(only got like 69 exp from defeating foes, due to not taking the risk of running into Throh in Pinwheel forest, I decided to train in the cave...)
It took me forever to get my team to lvl18(KO'er and Temper) and Sages final lvl of 21, Kitty I just left with the Daycare.
So I hope I catch a Lillipup.....and it doesnt die

Chapter 9 of my Emerald Nuzlocke is up!! Hope y'all enjoy!

Chapter 9: Search for the Stone
With no time to waste, I took one deep breathe and plunged into the vast mouth of Granite Cave. Inside the cave was a world unto itself, the likes I had never seen before.

Boulders of all sizes littered the floor, creating grand natural sculptures. From the cave entrance light flooded in, making the first floor look almost as bright as outside did. But as I looked down the vast halls of this world beneath the moutain, the light gradually faded, until I could no longer see any further.

Great, I hate the dark.

Suddenly, as if on cue from my thoughts, a old hiker appeared behind me, his deep voice creating a resonating echo off the empty space of the cave. "Yup, sure gets dark down there," said the hiker matter-of-factly. "Judging by your face you must not be a fan of the dark. Hahaha, that's alright, neither am I. Here, take this HM Flash. It'll light the inky darkness of this cave for ya lickety-split."

"Oh, well, thanks mister," I said awkwardly. His kindness was so unexpected, and I was still in shock from him suddnenly appearing that I sounded rather rude and uniterested.

"Haha no thanks necessary. It is a gift from one dark fearer to another. Though I must warn ya, if ya dont have the Dewford Badge that HM will worth nothing, though I doubt you have anything to worry about. You remind of that Steven fellow who passed through not long ago, he didnt need the HM. He said something about already having Flash. Well my boy, good luck down there, watch out for them Zubat!" And with another hearty laugh he walked away liesurely.

I grimmaced, so Flash was useless after all. But on the other hand, the man had told me that Steven was definitely here. Stealing more courage, I began walking further into the cave, the light steadily dimming around me.

Eventually I hit a point where I could only see as far as my own arm length, and with great fear I walked along the walls, struggling to have a solid footing. Suddenly I tripped and with a scream that echoed throughout the cave I fell face first onto the cold damp floor.

Cursing I sat up, my cheek already feeling sore from the landing. But then, right in front of me, I saw an ominous shadow scuffling around in the darkness. Slowly it approached me, metallic clinking noises sounding with each step. Not wasting time I released Pinacolada, and a battle ensued almost immediately.

From the shadows I could tell Pinacolada had the upper hand, and not wanting to lose the edge I chucked a Pokeball. There was a blinding flash and then a loud ping, the mysterious Pokemon was mine.

Picking up the Pokeball I clicked the white button and out popped an Aron. The Aron looked up at me through the gloom, not approving nor disapproving of me, but merely staring me down. Pinacolada and I gave each other awkward glances, and then I finally cleared my throat and spoke.

"Well Aron, welcome to the team. I'm Severus, and I guess I'm your new trainer now." Aron continued to stare, his cold eyes borring into my own. "Ummm... you need a nickname. So, how about Lancelot." Aron gave no response, I took the silence as a yes. To avoid anymore cold stares I quickly returned Lancelot to his Pokeball and continued stumbling along through the cave.

It seemed to take hours, but finally light began to reappear, and I could start making out my surroundings. Climbing out of a small passage way I found myself standing on a ledge, blinded by light pouring in from the cave entrance. I had made a complete loop and was back at the beginning, except this time I was several feet higher. Not far from where I was standing was a smaller cave, and inside I could faintly make out the shape of a humam. Clutching Ragnarok's Pokeball, I walked into the cave.

The smaller cave was gloomy, but not dark. Inside stood a man who was clearly important and dignified. I had barely entered when he turned around and looked at. "Why hello there, I am Steven, and who might you be?"

"Hello," I said, much more pleasantly than I had to the hiker, "my name is Severus. I have a letter from Mr. Devon Stone to deliver to you." As I said this I produced the thin envelope from my pocket and handed it to Steven.

He graciously accepted the letter without looking at it and placed it in his pocket. "Thank you for your kindess. Here, I want to thank you with a gift. Take my favorite TM, Steel Wing." Producing a silver-tinted CD, he handed me the device which I accepted graciously. "Well, I must be off, I am sure we will meet again, goodbye Severus." And then he was gone.

I stood there for a few moments contemplating this strange man. He seemed so sure we would meet again, and he seemed to be very kind. But then my priorities began to reassert themselves to the forefront of my attention. My mission being completed, I hastily left the dark cave and was back on the beaches of Dewford.

The outside world was dark, as the sun had set awhile ago. The sky was full of twinkling stars and a third quarter moon hung high in the sky. Not wishing to get lost in the dark I decided to set up camp and the base of the mountain. In no time my camp was set and my team of 4 was falling asleep to the sounds of the gentle surf and crackling flames.

More Updates coming soon. Next is my battle against Brawly!

Team:
Ragnarok the Combusken (M)
Nature- Lonely
Lvl- 16
Moves- Scratch, Peck, Double Kick, Ember
Ability- Blaze
Opinion: No longer a weak Torchic, Ragnarok the Combusken has achieved a position of becoming a great powerhouse for my team. With a great early-game STAB in Double Kick, and useful supplementary moves in Ember and Peck it wont take long for Combusken to become a star on this team.

Tasty the Dustox (M)
Lvl- 13
Nature- Rash
Moves- Tackle, Gust, Poison Sting, Confusion
Ability- Shed Skin
Opinion: The blow of not getting a Silcoon really stung, as a Dustox is nothing compared to Beautifly. But it is in these upcoming chapters that Dustox may have its chance to shine. With a double resistance to Fighting and two Super Effective attacks in Gust and Confusion, the battle against Brawly will most likely fall on the shoulders of Tasty. Will he succeed in his duties to the team, find out soon!!

Pinacolada the Lotad (F)
Lvl- 15
Nature- Jolly (great -_-)
Moves- Astonish, Growl, Absorb, Nature Power
Ability- Rain Dish
Opinion: As the most accomplished member of the team, Pinacolada has set the standards for what I expect from each member of the team. Soloing Roxanne with a Special Attack hindering nature and only one Potion and no Pokemon Centre is nice to have under your belt. Overall I have high hopes for her.

Lancelot the Aron (M)
Lvl- 11
Nature- Rash
Moves- Headbutt, Mudslap, Tackle, Harden
Ability- Sturdy
Opinion- Aron will most likely be a sturdy member of the team in the future. While he wont be able to shine for a few chapters, his time will come soon enough, and at that point he will be a real force to be reckoned with.

Reserves:
Troll the Slakoth (F)
Level- 5
Nature- Serious
Moves- Sractch, Yawn
Ability- Traunt
Opinion: I can only laugh at Troll. Despite how powerful Slaking is, training a Slakoth in a Nuzlocke Challenge just isnt worth it. Odds are it'll faint before it can even get to that point. The only use I can think of is a Cut slave.

Inseninja the Nincada (M)
Level- 7
Nature- Jolly
Moves- Sractch, Harden, Leech Life
Ability- Compound Eyes
Opinion: Not much, he was the first Pokemon I saw on the Route, and maybe if I need him I could evolve him into a Ninjask or a Shedinja. Odds are I wont though.

Kerry the Whismer (F)
Level- 7
Nature- Brave
Moves- Pound, Uproar
Ability- Soundproof
Opinion: Kerry may have some potential, as Exploud is a decent Pokemon. With Sly's unfortunate death the odds of Kerry joining the team have increased dramatically. Though I still wonder if grinding her to the level of the rest of my team is even worth it.

In Memory Of:
Sly the Zigzagoon (M)
Lvl- 12
Nature- Calm
Moves- Growl, Tackle, Tail Whip, Headbutt
Ability- Pickup
Defeated By: A judgement error while facing May's Torkoal. He stood no chance against Torkoal's Ember.
Memorial: In memory of Sly the Zigzagoon, whose cute antics could bring a smile to even the most caloused of souls. May his spirit live on to bring joy to all who need it.

I got a bit bored of Platinum, so I decided to start a new Nuzlocke and play it for a while. Like before, everyone will get Japanese names. :D

Yellow Nuzlocke - Part 1

You know the drill - named myself Ash, woke up, headed out into the grass, and met Professor Oak, who caught a Pikachu. Gary's a douche, so he quickly stole the Eevee that I was supposed to get, so I end up with this yellow rat instead - Teru [Pikachu ♂]. (Note that I'm assigning genders to all of my Pokemon.) I quickly stomped Gary and his new Eevee and headed out onto Route 1, where I met but could not catch a Rattata, due to a lack of Poke Balls. I headed into Viridian City, got the Oak's Parcel, and brought it back, getting the Pokedex from the Professor in exchange for it.

Heading back to Viridian, I bought some Poke Balls and headed west onto Route 22. I was hoping for a Mankey, but instead I met and caught Haruka [Nidoran ♀], which is at least much more useful than a Pidgey or Spearow at this point. I then continued onto Route 2, where I met Yuto [Pidgey ♂] at Level 4. However, upon entering Viridian Forest, I met another Pidgey at Level 8, catching it and naming it Rukawa [Pidgey ♀]. I leveled Teru, Haruka, and Rukawa up to speed and began to fight through the Viridian Forest trainers, who were all very easy with their weak Caterpies and Metapods.

I wasn't quite ready for Brock, so I re-entered the forest and trained against wild Pokemon until Haruka had reached Level 12, learning Double Kick. I then entered the Gym, stomped the lone trainer inside with just Teru, and then challenged Brock. This battle wasn't challenging at all - Haruka dispatched of Geodude with two Double Kicks, and then Teru used 6 Tail Whips on Onix while it continued to use Bide. After that, two Double Kicks finished it off, as well. I didn't even use a single Potion! Also, I realized that I forgot to fight Gary on Route 22. Oh well.

Moving east onto Route 3, I easily defeated all the trainers in the area with my now-overleveled team. Entering the grass, I found and caught Tamako [Spearow ♀], who I will be using instead of Rukawa. I met a lone trainer with a Jigglypuff, which thankfully missed each of the two Sings it used. Moving on, I briefly entered Mt. Moon, encountering Goroku [Geodude ♂] at Level 10. (YES! no Zubat!) With that, I have assembled a decent starting team, although I'm sure Misty will be tough.

Rules:
Release anything that faints
Can only catch first Pokemon in an area
"Shift", not "Set" battle style
NO Gift Pokemon
NO Legendaries
Healing Items only useable IN BATTLE
Unlimited Pokemon Center uses

Active:

Teru [Pikachu ♂]
Lv. 14 | Met in Pallet Town

- Thundershock
- Quick Attack
- Thunder Wave
- Tail Whip

Goroku [Geodude ♂]
Lv. 10 | Met in Mt. Moon

- Tackle
-
-
-

Haruka [Nidoran ♀]
Lv. 15 | Met in Route 22

- Double Kick
- Scratch
- Tackle
- Growl

Tamako [Spearow ♀]
Lv. 11 | Met in Route 3

- Peck
- Growl
- Leer
-

Reserves:

Yuto [Pidgey ♂]
Lv. 4 | Met in Route 2

- Gust
- Sand-Attack
-
-

Rukawa [Pidgey ♀]
Lv. 14 | Met in Viridian Forest

- Quick Attack
- Gust
- Sand-Attack
-

Fallen:

Captures by Area:
Pallet Town - Teru [Pikachu ♂]
Route 1 - Missed Capture [Rattata ♀]
Route 2 - Yuto [Pidgey ♂]
Route 22 - Haruka [Nidoran ♀]
Viridian Forest - Rukawa [Pidgey ♀]
Route 3 - Tamako [Spearow ♀]
Mt. Moon - Goroku [Geodude ♂]

Chapter 10 is complete. Tasty has finally proved his worth! (For all you Dustox lovers out there)

Chapter 10: Exchanging Fistcuffs
The morning was silent as I walked into the small Dewford Town. The sun had barely risen above horizon, and not even the wild Wingull could be heard singing their harsh, repetitive song. Even the ocean was still, as if all were anticipating the battle that was about to ensue.

The gym loomed before me much like Roxanne's had, a giant mountain that would endure nearly all I could throw at it. The stories of Brawly's strength were still ringing fresh in my ears. Many trainers had given up hope upon being completely crushed by his might, and I knew that I wouldnt have the luxury of rematches. Clutching Tasty's Pokeball in my shaking hand, I entered the sliding doors and walked into the Gym's dark labyrinth.

The battlers in the Gym were tough. Tasty and Ragnarok-- who wanted to prove his strength as a Fighting-type-- struggled to maintain their dominance throughout the hoards of wave-toughened trainers. But finally we broke through the tide of trainers, and all that stood in our way was the final wave himself, Brawly, a master of Fighting-types.

"Welcome to my Gym," Brawly said in authoritative but relaxed tone. "I am pleased to see you here. My Pokemon have all been toughened up the strong surf that surrounds our home. Are you prepared to face our power? Let us find out, go Machop!"

The opposing Machop appeared, its muscles tense, ready to strike. I had my plan ready, and without hesitating I released Tasty onto the battle field. Quickly Machop ensued a flury of blows, all of which Tasty either dodged, or took with aplomb. As Machop's onslaught slowed, Tasty seized the opening and fired a powerful Confusion, hurtling the Pokemon away. In no time Machop was defeated, and I was in the lead 4 to 2.

"Impressive, I see your Dustox knows how to play. Well my next Pokemon will leave a more lasting mark, go Medidite!"

I knew Medidite would be able to shrug off a Confusion with ease, but Tasty had more than that up his sleeve. With a powerful flap of his wings the winds picked up, and the small Pokemon was hurled away, unable to get close enough to deliver its powerful Focus Punch. In the end even Medidite fell, while Tasty remained in a very healthy state.

Brawly was on his last legs now. He knew that even if he managed to take down Tasty-- which was unlikely-- he still had to face a full health Combusken and Lombre, both of whom were packing attacks.

"I see that this was not my day, but Makuhita and I will not go down without a fight. Let's do this Makuhita, Arm Thrust!"

Makuhita was quick to respond, and began to charge at Tasty, not worrying about counter attacks.

"Confusion Tasty, keep him at bay!" Tasty gracefully fluttered out of harms way, and safely away bombarded the Makuhita with telekinetic strikes. Makuhita fell having hardly done any damage.

"Congratulations Severus, you have won the Knuckle Badge. Here, let's also exchange Pokenav numbers, someday I hope to challenge you again."

Finally, with the Knuckle Badge in my hand, I found Mr. Briney, and together we set sail for Slateport City. As we departed from the small island I smiled. The sun was shining and the wind was at my back. My heart began to soar with the Wingull overhead: the future was looking bright.

More Updates coming soon Next up- Team Aqua Strikes at Slateport!

Team:
Ragnarok the Combusken (M)
Nature- Lonely
Lvl- 16
Moves- Scratch, Peck, Double Kick, Ember
Ability- Blaze
Opinion: No longer a weak Torchic, Ragnarok the Combusken has achieved a position of becoming a great powerhouse for my team. With a great early-game STAB in Double Kick, and useful supplementary moves in Ember and Peck it wont take long for Combusken to become a star on this team.

Tasty the Dustox (M)
Lvl- 16
Nature- Rash
Moves- Tackle, Gust, Poison Sting, Confusion
Ability- Shed Skin
Opinion: After his success against Brawly, Tasty's usefulness is coming to a close. No longer possesing a useful type advantage agaisnt any nearby Gym Leaders, the story of Tasty may be finally coming to a close.

Pinacolada the Lotad (F)
Lvl- 15
Nature- Jolly (great -_-)
Moves- Astonish, Growl, Absorb, Nature Power
Ability- Rain Dish
Opinion: As the most accomplished member of the team, Pinacolada has set the standards for what I expect from each member of the team. Soloing Roxanne with a Special Attack hindering nature and only one Potion and no Pokemon Centre is nice to have under your belt. Overall I have high hopes for her.

Lancelot the Aron (M)
Lvl- 12
Nature- Rash
Moves- Headbutt, Mudslap, Tackle, Harden
Ability- Sturdy
Opinion- Aron will most likely be a sturdy member of the team in the future. While he wont be able to shine for a few chapters, his time will come soon enough, and at that point he will be a real force to be reckoned with.

Reserves:
Troll the Slakoth (F)
Level- 5
Nature- Serious
Moves- Sractch, Yawn
Ability- Traunt
Opinion: I can only laugh at Troll. Despite how powerful Slaking is, training a Slakoth in a Nuzlocke Challenge just isnt worth it. Odds are it'll faint before it can even get to that point. The only use I can think of is a Cut slave.

Inseninja the Nincada (M)
Level- 7
Nature- Jolly
Moves- Sractch, Harden, Leech Life
Ability- Compound Eyes
Opinion: Not much, he was the first Pokemon I saw on the Route, and maybe if I need him I could evolve him into a Ninjask or a Shedinja. Odds are I wont though.

Kerry the Whismer (F)
Level- 7
Nature- Brave
Moves- Pound, Uproar
Ability- Soundproof
Opinion: Kerry may have some potential, as Exploud is a decent Pokemon. With Sly's unfortunate death the odds of Kerry joining the team have increased dramatically. Though I still wonder if grinding her to the level of the rest of my team is even worth it.

In Memory Of:
Sly the Zigzagoon (M)
Lvl- 12
Nature- Calm
Moves- Growl, Tackle, Tail Whip, Headbutt
Ability- Pickup
Defeated By: A judgement error while facing May's Torkoal. He stood no chance against Torkoal's Ember.
Memorial: In memory of Sly the Zigzagoon, whose cute antics could bring a smile to even the most caloused of souls. May his spirit live on to bring joy to all who need it.

More updates soon

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
VS FANTINA

My Team had come a long way since I had handed Gardenia a crushing defeat. My Team was strong, Poppy and Thorns had evolved and become major members in the team. I had also added 3 more pokmeon to my team, Panamaxis the Rotom (W), Stallion the Gliscor, and Yeti the Vespiquen. I was nervous going into the battle, but I had no choice, and level wise I had done all I could. With trepidation, I entered the battlefield.

Fantina started the battle off with a Duskull which I knew was bulky as fuck. I threw a ball, and Panamaxis appeared to battle. Panamaxis was a speedy bugger, and nailed Duskull with a Shock Wave, while shrugging off a burn like it was nothing. Duskull poked Panamaxis one more time with Shadow Sneak before rolling over and dying to a second Shock Wave.

Fantina brought in Mismagius, her star sweeper. Worried as fuck, I brought in the mighty Nagai, who tanked a Shadow Ball and then nailed the bastard thing with a Bite attack, which activated the Sitrus Berry. Nagai then tanked a SECOND Shadow Ball like a champ, and then smashed Mismagius with a Overgrowth boosted Razor Leaf, which Mismagius barely managed to survive. Nagai was low on health, and despite the risk that Fantina would prolly heal, I switched it out for Poppy and, as expected, Fantina healed.

Still kinda worried despite having 3 members at full health, I ploughed on. Poppy tanked a Shadow Ball and then nailed Mismagius with a Spark, to my delight, hitting the 30% chance of paralysis and crippling Mismagius. Seeking a chance for a decisive blow I brought in Thorns on the obvious Shadow Ball, and then KOed with Wing Attack.

Fantina's last was Haunter, and I knew that Yeti could tank anything it tried. However, Thorns was a full health so I fired off a Wing Attack, while dodging a Hypnosis. Haunter fired off a Confuse Ray but Thorns was just too much of a boss to care, hitting through confusion and winning the battle with a final Wing Attack.

TEAM

panamaxis the Rotom
Lv 26
Quirky
-Shock Wave
-Confuse Ray
-Uproar
-Hydro Pump

Comments: Panamaxis is a bro. He hits deceptively hard and Shock Wave 2KOs a fair amount of things. His typing is awesome as it gives me like a third check to fighting pokemon and hes a good team player. Gotta love him

Thorns the Starvia
Lv 26
Rash
-Wing Attack
-Quick Attack
-Endeavor
-Double Team

Comments: Thorns is a good pokemon to rely on in a fight since hes pretty fast and does a good amount of damage with Wing Attack. His power dropped off a little bit which was noticeable against Fantina but I expect that when he evolves he will be a true powerhouse again. Also, Intimidate is just magic in a Nuzlocke.

Nagai the Grotle
Lv 26
Naive
-Razor Leaf
-Bite
-Absorb
-Curse

Nagai is awesome. He has a lot of bulk, and often can go head to head with a lot of pokemon and come out at full health thanks to Absorb healing it off any damage it might have taken. Nagai hits pretty darn hard with Razor Leaf and Bite, and always has the option of boosting with Curse (although I almost never use it since I am either winning without it or being 2-3KOed). Hes pretty solid tho and I can rely on him in touch situations.

Yeti the Vespiquen
Lv 26
Lonely
-Bug Bite
-Gust
-Heal Order
-Power Gem

Comments: To say that yeti is bulky is an understatement. To be frank, the words "Its super-effective" don't mean fucking shit. I have had this baby tank a STAB Spark and then a STAB Flame Wheel in a single turn (double battle) and still have a third of its health remaining. Now that its got Heal Order, I can pretty much wall most things out there, and gradually wear them down or stall them out with Pressure. When this baby gets Toxic I except some smooth sailing.

Stallion the Gligar
Lv 20
Mild
-Sand Attack
-Fury Cutter
-Knock Off
-Quick Attack

Comments: Stallion has had about zero usage so far, being babied a bit while I was training the rest of my team to Lv 26 to have a better chance against Fantina. It looks like a good pokemon tho, although I am worried that whatever coverage it gets will already be handled by the future Staraptor and Torterra. Still, if all else fails its a decent back up if shit hits the fan.

Poppy the Luxio
Lv 26
Rash
-Spark
-Flash
-Charge
-Bite

Comments: Poppy is a good pokemon. It works really well with Thorns as double intimidates cripple everything bar "boss" pokemon like a Galactic or Gym Leader top pokemon. Its a pretty cool electric type although I feel that Panamaxis does a slightly better job power wise. Its good to have on board, and it helps me eke out sopme clutch wins!!

I decided to continue Yellow, but in a different fashion. Rather than just do a regular Nuzlocke, I'm going to add a lot of story to it - here goes.

My name is Okido, although I am better known as Oak. I am a Pokemon Professor, a guardian and leader of the Kanto province. As a Professor, my job is to guard the peace that has been sustained for the past five hundred years, and to nurture and guide new Trainers at the outset of their journeys.

This world is filled with creatures called Pokemon. They are our friends and allies, and we must coexist with them. Pokemon are powerful creatures; some keep them as pets, but many have the capability to kill their brethren and also us humans. A Trainer today may do battle with another Trainer, but will only faint the opponent’s Pokemon; killing another Trainer’s Pokemon is strictly forbidden.

For thousands of years, people and Pokemon lived together in harmony, but as time went on, there were people who began to desire more power. They felt that they were superior beings and that Pokemon existed solely to serve them. This faction of Trainers became known as the Breakers, and at the dawn of the third millennium, unrest began to stir in earnest. Breakers argued that Pokemon were simply tools, and made them fight to the death to establish superiority over their enemies. Disputes over the role of Pokemon in our world escalated, starting at around 3300. Most people continued to treat Pokemon as equals and friends, and were called Keepers.

The Breakers’ Pokemon, fueled by fear and anger, were often able to overpower those of Keepers. For two centuries, the Breakers slowly grew in number, declaring their power by sometimes openly slaying Keepers. In 3513, the Breakers discovered and awoke an ancient, immensely powerful Pokemon, and with it, they declared open war upon the Keepers. Using their newfound power, they quickly grew in power, destroying those who opposed them and killing countless Trainers and Pokemon.

Not until the Four Champions era, beginning in 3635, was there a united opposition against Breaker rule. The Champions of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh put aside their differences and assembled all that remained of their forces. They were able to gain the help of two elusive legendary Pokemon, known in history only as the Great Ancestor and the Sacred Flame, and focused all of their power to eradicate the Breakers. Bloodshed and destruction were rampant for nearly half a century, and countless Keepers and their Pokemon perished. All four Champions and their partners were killed as well, but at last, the evil power that the Breakers had wielded was locked away, and the Long Peace was established beginning in 3690.

It is now Spring 4008. Over three hundred years have passed since the end of the Great War, and it is my fear – one shared by the other Professors – that the Long Peace is finally coming to an end. An organization known worldwide as Team Rocket has steadily risen in power for decades. They are considered by most to be little more than an inept criminal group, but we fear that this façade of incompetence is allowing them to operate with only minor action being taken against them. Indeed, we believe that they are the remnant of the Breakers who escaped in the aftermath of the War, and that their ultimate goal is to reawaken their former Pokemon of immeasurable power and regain control of the world. More frightening, perhaps, is our belief that the Rockets plan to execute this plan by 4013, the five-hundred year anniversary of the dawn of the Great War. Time, it seems, is not on our side.

It need not be said that stopping the Rockets is of utmost importance. However, such an undertaking is no easy task, for several reasons. The public today has resisted allotting more funds and resources into fighting crime, as they do not understand the true threat of Team Rocket. Furthermore, very little is known of the leaders of Team Rocket, although it is rumored that one of their top commanders has infiltrated our ranks, becoming the leader of Viridian Gym. Lastly, Kanto has fallen disunited since the disappearance of Champion Isoroku in 3993.

Perhaps now is the time to explain our system. The eight Gym Leaders and the Elite Four are all immensely skilled trainers who hold back the true power of their Pokemon, in differing amounts, so that they may test the true strength of challenging Trainers. The goal of these Trainers is to defeat all eight Gyms and the Elite Four to become the new ruler of Kanto, the Champion. However, no one has achieved this feat in the past fifteen years, and Dragon-Master Lance will not allow anyone without what he deems ‘skills appropriate for a Champion’ to defeat him. He fully understands the magnitude of the task and hand, and knows that time is running out. However, after reading the history of the Great War,
the Gym Leaders and Elite Four have acknowledged that they cannot hold back the mysterious power without a Champion.

I am now too old to play more than a guiding role in this great battle. I require detailed information about each and every Pokemon species present in my province and in the world, in order to discover the identity of the powerful Pokemon that the Breakers wielded long ago. Because there is no Champion to assist me, I will instead entrust this task to two children in my hometown of Pallet that I feel are capable. They are Ashitaka, son of Champion Isoroku (although this is unknown to him) and Gerudo, my own grandson. They have both recently turned 15 and have already shown prodigious skill in Pokemon training. It is my hope that together, they will be able to fight their way through the many obstacles that will await them.

@lost: Wow, very detailed story so far. O_O It actually sounds quite accurate, especially in this day and age. War would be inevitable if the aggressors have monsters that can use super-powerful attacks to kill their foes without a second thought.

starting a black nuzlocke right now.
Taking a Snivy named Ace as my starter.

Lets see how this goes, first tim I'm trying nuzlocke.

I have some custom rules.
I will ignore the first Pokemon I see if I already have it.
Pokemon Center unlimited usage.
You can use Items.

Wish me luck

Ooh, I'm back!
I've been busy with exams and vacations, so as such I haven't had much time to update (Or actually play the Nuzlocke for that matter).
Why are you all having such trouble with Platinum? It's so easy (Even though I haven't even fought Roark yet), and I've completely owned everyone so far (I do acknowledge that I'm only in Oreburgh, but I've done Platinum Nuzlockes in the past and they aren't so hard, but maybe that's because I grind too much).
BTW, I'll try to get an update or two up tomorrow.

So I started a black nuzlocke a week ago, and it is going so awesome. I'm getting the best luck with natures and pokemon. I got so into playing it that I forgot to post updates. Not gonna bother with fanfic now, but here's my stats. Right now I'm grinding before Victory Road. I have a great team to fight the Elite Four, and I'm using some wayyyyy overused poke's (Scrafty), and some lesser used (Mienshao).

Monsoon the Samurott (M) | Lvl 49
Torrent
Bashful Nature
-Surf
-Megahorn
-Aqua Tail
-Blizzard

Typhoon is just amazing. Good bulk, great attacking stats, and good coverage. He's been with me since the start, and the fact that he's still alive should prove his reliability and skill

Athena the Scrafty (F) | Lvl 49
Moxie
Adamant Nature
-Crunch
-Hi Jump Kick
-Payback
-Brick Break

When I saw that I captured an Adamant Moxie Scraggy, I was literally in awe. Athena has shown her bulk on several occasions, and even tanked some powerful super effective hits like Skyla's Swanna's Air Slash. She hits really hard with the Uber powerful Hi Jump Kick, and gets great STAB coverage for the entire game, and especially powerful against the upcoming Elite Four.

Hermes the Krookodile (M) | Lvl 50
Moxie
Jolly Nature
-Crunch
-Dig
-Bulldoze
-Dragon Claw

I'll be replacing Bulldoze with Earthquake in one level. Hermes is my other Moxie Dark Type with an amazing nature. Because of these two, I'll run straight through Caitlin and Shauntel. Hermes is currently one of my two fast pokemon, as other than him and Mienshao, my team is pretty slow. Always proving to be fast and powerful, Krookodile can come in, nab a quick KO, then proceed to fuckwreck the rest of the opponent's team with Moxie boosted attacks.

Lee the Mienshao (M) | Lvl 51
Regenerator
Lonely Nature
-Jump Kick
-Drain Punch
-U-Turn
-Bounce

Lee is, by far, my most powerful physical attacker. With an astounding 156 Atk stat, his STAB Jump Kick does amazing damage to everything. Combine that with easy recovery in Drain Punch and Regenerator U-Turn and Mienshao can easily stay alive against foe's without STAB Psychic or Flying. While he required some babying as a Mienfoo, Lee has always been able to hold his own against many threats. Currently, I never use Bounce. I need some input on what to replace it with. I'm thinking either teaching it Acrobatics through TM, or Heart Scaling Fake Out. Please provide input.

Natto the Ferrothorn (F) | Lvl 48
Iron Barbs
Brave Nature
-Curse
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip
-Iron Head

Natto literally will never die. It tanks everything to oblivion and back. Now, i screamed in excitement when I saw the nature, but it gets counteracted by having an Attack IV of 3 and a Speed IV of 30... Still, Natto walls every non-fire type and hits back hard with powerful STAB attacks. Curse+Gyro Ball is a deadly combo.

Flare the Chandelure (M) | Lvl 50
Flash Fire
Calm Nature
-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Flame Burst
-Will-O-Wisp

Chandelure hits so freaking hard. 145 Base SpAtk is not a joke at all. Since I have no Flying or Psychic types, Chandelure will be my main weapon against Marshall (Wish TM29 came before the Elite Four). Still, I can cripple physical attackers with WoW, then smash stuff with STAB attacks.

Various crap like a Rash Lillipup and 4 Patrats and...

Lillil the Lilligant | Lvl 33
I know, I have the ingame trade Lilligant. But I caught a Cottonee in Pinwheel Forest and decided to put it to good use. Lilligant contributed a lot while she was on the team, but I decided that Natto would be the better Grass type in the long run, and ended up boxing Lillil. Still, she didn't die and gets to live

Diggee the Drilbur | Lvl 18
I planned on taking Drilbur with me through the entire game. However, he died when grinding to a Sawk's Crit Double Kick. RIP Diggee

Paul the Pansear | Lvl 15
Yeah, I sacked him to Burgh's Leavanny, as I needed to heal Owen. Wasn't really too upset about his death, but nevertheless, RIP Paul.

Owen the Herdier | Lvl 24
The first death that really stung. Owen was bulky, powerful, and supported the team with Intimidate. He was a main powerhouse on the team until Burgh's Leavanny critted him with Razor Leaf after surviving a boosted Retaliate.

Chan the Sawk | Lvl 33
The hardest death of all. Sawk was immensely important to this team, as he hit really hard with STAB Brick Break. Also, Sturdy was great, as I could bring Chan in knowing that he could take a hit and smash something back. RIP Chan.

As stated earlier, I would like feedback on what move to give Mienshao. Thanks!

Alright, then, here’s Chapter 5, I believe, of my Platinum Nuzlocke. Things of epic proportions happen here…and things of not so epic proportions (Namely clowns and Bidoof)
Chapter 5: Rematch
“You know Rogue, you really should think about catching more Pokemon. Safety in numbers!”
I groaned. “Dawn, I’ve told you already, I can only catch one Pokemon per route. Ergo, I will have few Pokemon. You got that?”
Dawn giggled and replied, “Oh…right. I knew that. You know, you could catch a Pokemon at Lake Verity. You haven’t seen one there yet, have you?”
Finally, something helpful, I thought. Still, I was embarrassed that I hadn’t thought of that myself. Trying to retain my dignity, I said, “Sure. I can do that.”
Dawn’s face took on a serious expression. “Right. Rogue, there’s some place I have to show you. Come on,” she said.
“Cool,” I replied. “You ready, Maverick?”
Maverick fluttered around on my shoulder. Sure, I guess, it seemed to say. Despite having single-handedly defeated the remaining trainers on Route 202, he still hadn’t quite regained his confidence. However, my plan to retrieve it was slowly getting in motion. I had the item…I just had to deliver.
I tossed my other Poke Ball into the air. “Go, Maelstrom!” Maelstrom appeared in a dazzling burst of light. Maelstrom, too, had made some improvements of its own. Now it seldom tripped over its flippers, and seemed proud of its accomplishment. Despite its newfound skill, it hadn’t quite relinquished its appetite yet. Expectedly, it seemed to ask where its food was.
“Come on, Rogue! I’m waiting…” Dawn had begun tapping her foot impatiently in front of an old-looking wooden building. For such an advanced city as Jubilife, it seemed out of place. I gestured to my companions and we rushed over to Dawn.
Dawn giggled. “Took you long enough, Rogue. Anyway, this is the Pokemon Trainers’ School. It’ll teach you everything you’ll need to know to become a Pokemon Master. Why, even the great Champion--”
“Wait, what was that?” I interrupted. I had noticed a quick movement from behind a nearby lamppost. I glanced at the post, and Dawn followed my gaze. “Maverick, Wing Attack,” I whispered. Maverick nodded and flew off my shoulder to where I had seen the movement. Maverick began hacking wildly at something I couldn’t quite make out.
“Agh, pfft! Cut it out--ahh! Get away, you stupid Starly!” came a series of grunts. Suddenly, a man in a long brown trench coat fell out from behind the lamppost. Dawn gasped and nearly fainted. Maverick flew over to my shoulder indignantly.
“Who are--” I began.
“Don’t play any mind games with me, boy! I know you’ve discovered my secret! Your powers of perception must be fearsome to have unmasked me!” the man ranted.
“But I don’t--”
“Silence! I don’t know how you did it, but you’ve unmasked me as a member of the International Police! Incredi--”
“Sir, I don’t know who you are and I don’t know what you’re talking about!” I said impatiently.
“Oh,” he said. He blushed. “Um, well…this is awkward. Oh, well. Since I’ve foolishly blurted out my secret, let me introduce myself. I am a top agent of the International Police, codename: Looker. I’m on the trail of a regional group of Pokemon criminals known as Team Galactic. Have you heard of them?”
“Um, no,” I said. “But I’m Rogue, and my friend here is Dawn--”
“Yes, yes, very nice. I’ll remember your names. But anyway, if you hear anything about Team Galactic, don’t hesitate to tell me,” Looker interrupted.
Dawn spoke for the first time since Looker showed up. “But how will we know where to find you?” She asked.
“Oh, don’t worry,” Looker grinned mischievously. “I’ll always be close…I’ll see you in the near future, I expect. Don’t talk to strangers, kids!” And with that, Looker dashed off into the streets of Jubilife City.
I smiled at Looker’s unwitting irony. Talking to strangers is pretty much what I do for a living. And besides, didn’t I just talk to a stranger?
Dawn whistled. “Well, wasn’t that creepy? What a strange man.”
“I heard that!”
I looked around for Looker, but he was nowhere to be seen. I guess he didn’t make his boasts idly. Dawn shook her head. “Anyway,” she said, “As I was saying before we were interrupted, this is the Pokemon Trainers’ School. Every trainer, from those first timers--”
“Like me,” I said.
“Like you. Everyone from…well, you…to the Champion has stopped by here at least once. I’m sure it will provide you with information valuable to your Pokemon quest.”
Not when I already know all that crap, I thought bitterly.
“Well,” Dawn said, “I must be off. Professor Rowan’s asked me to come with him to help research the founding legends of Sinnoh. It’s a hot topic these days. I hear even the Champion’s gotten into it. Um, see you later, I guess, Rogue. Oh, wait! I saw your friend…what was his name? Gary?…”
“Barry,” I reminded her.
“Barry…yes. I saw him go in there earlier. He might still be there. See ya!” Dawn said happily.
“Yeah.”
I walked into the school, and all eyes instantly turned towards me. “Um…hi,” I said nervously.
Fortunately, the awkward silence was broken by a familiar voice. “Oh, hey, Rogue! What’s up? I’m just memorizing this incredibly valuable information to my Pokemon quest. You know, if I’m gonna be the Champion, I need to know this stuff. What’s happenin’ with you?”
I rolled my eyes. Typical Barry. “I‘m doing fine. I’ve caught some more Pokemon. But that’s not the point. I have a package from your mother. I’m not sure what it is.” I handed him the parcel.
Barry eagerly ripped open the parcel. “Ooh…a map. Just what I’ve always wanted. Whoopee. Thanks for nothing, Mom!” He sighed. “Oh, well. I guess a gift is a gift. Hey, there’s two in here. Amazing. Despite how radical it is, I don’t need two. I guess you can have it.” Barry in turn handed me the map.
“Thanks,” I said. “And actually, while we’re here we may as well--”
Barry snapped his fingers. “I’ve got it!” he exclaimed. “While we’re here, we may as well have a battle! Meet you on Route 203!” And with that, he dashed out.
“That doesn’t make any sense!” I yelled after him. I slapped my forehead and stalked out of the school after owning some little kids.
Almost immediately, I was greeted by a peculiarly chubby bearded man in a purple sweater. “Hello, random citizen of Jubilife City! I see that you are a Trainer…but you don’t have a Poketch? What madness is this?!? WHAT OUTRAGE! Fortunately, you’re in luck. I’m the chairman of the Poketch Company. As of right now, we’re running a promotional campaign to help spread awareness of this amazing product. It’s simply a necessity for any aspiring Pokemon Trainer. All you need to do is find the three clowns scattered over Jubilife. Then come back to me and I’ll reward you with a Poketch.”
Clowns.
I hate clowns. They’re so creepy…
I grimaced. “Now, listen here, old man! I’m not about to go find three freaks in who knows where. How about you just give me the Poketch now, or I’ll sic my penguin on you! He hasn’t eaten in days…”
Apparently the thought of being attacked by a starved penguin freaked the guy out, because he gave me the Poketch (After mumbling some nonsense about unforgivable crimes).
Satisfied with my work, I ran back to Lake Verity to see what incredible Pokemon I’d find. Really, I knew I wouldn’t find anything special, since there’s only Bidoof and Starly there, and I despise Bidoof (Bibarel more specifically) almost as much as I hate clowns. I have my reasons. Very annoying stories, actually. But this has absolutely nothing to do with my Nuzlocke. Back to the show!
I reached the lake and stepped into a patch of grass where I was promptly attacked by…guess what?…a Bidoof. As much as I hate Bidoof, and as little good as it would to me in my Nuzlocke endeavors, it makes an excellent HM slave. “Go, Maelstrom!” I yelled. I quickly ordered a Bubble and tossed a Poke Ball at the Bidoof. It was no challenge at all, and the Poke Ball promptly flashed red. I thought for a moment, then said to the now-occupied Poke Ball, “I name you…SLAVENO.99. This time the Poke Ball didn’t quiver. Apparently SlaveNo.99 didn’t like its nickname. “You’re staying in there,” I told it.
I quickly ran back to Jubilife, ready for my rematch with Barry. I selected a Pokemon from my bag and tossed it into the air. “Go, Maverick!” Maverick screeched triumphantly and dived to my shoulder. I healed up at the Pokemon Center, then headed out to Route 203.
“Hey, Rogue! What took you so long?”
I groaned. “Barry, I was gone for ten minutes. It wasn’t that long.”
Barry thought for a moment. “Sure it is! Let’s get down to it--I’ve caught another Pokemon, and I think I’m ready to stomp you to the ground! Let’s do this!”
I looked over at Maverick. “You ready for this, buddy?” Maverick nodded cautiously. But that was about to change. The final stage in my plan to restore its confidence had begun. I knew it would take a major victory to bring back its surefire attitude, and this was just the win.
Gary grabbed a Poke Ball from his belt and tossed it into the air. “You got this, Starly!”
Maverick visibly grimaced. Its last failure had been against a Starly. However, I knew Maverick had every advantage in this confrontation. I had no doubts that Maverick would emerge victorious and unscathed.
“Maverick, Wing Attack!”
“Starly, Quick Attack!”
Okay…maybe we weren’t going to come out unscathed, but we’d win this.
Starly rushed forward at the speed of lightning and smashed into Maverick. Maverick shrugged it off and knocked Starly out of the sky with a powerful Wing Attack. It was a no contest. Starly was OHKOed by the brute force of the blow. Maverick soared into the air and screeched a challenge.
Barry groaned. We both knew this match was over. Reluctantly, he grabbed his final Poke Ball and tossed it. “Go, Turtwig,” he said dejectedly.
“Maverick, Wing Attack!”
“Turtwig, Tackle!”
The match was over before we knew it. Turtwig sprawled out, fainted. I walked over to Barry and extended my hand to him. He took it halfheartedly, then pointed a shaking finger at Maverick. “What is it?” I asked.
I turned around--
--and saw.
Maverick began to glow with blinding light. The light intensified until it was unbearable to look at. I closed my eyes, but even then the light glared through my eyelids.
When I opened my eyes, Maverick had changed. He was no longer a disheartened, tiny little bird. He was now a strong bird of prey, radiating confidence.
Maverick had evolved into a magnificent Staravia.

Pokemon:
Maelstrom (Piplup) Lv. 12
Torrent
Rash
-Pound
-Growl
-Bubble
-Water Sport
Maverick (Staravia) Lv. 14
Intimidate
Hasty
-Tackle
-Double Team
-Quick Attack
-Wing Attack
SlaveNo.99 (Bidoof) Lv. 3
Simple
Naughty
-Tackle
-
-
-

im doing a heartgold nuzlocke. and it is HARD! everything dies so easily. or i just suck...
anyway my current team as of just before the battle with Ho-oh:

Gregory the Typhlosion lv 36 (m)
Mild nature
blaze ability
-headbutt
-cut
-smokescreen
-lavaplume
Given to by Professor elm in new bark town
John the shiny Gyrados lv 36 (m)
Naive
Intimidate nature
-aqua tail
-ice fang
-whirlpool
-twister
Caught at lake of rage
De'Quan the Espeon lv 37 (m)
Rash
Synchronise
-shadow ball
-psybeam
-hiddenpower (fire)
-swift
Given to by bill in goldenrod city
Xander the Ampharos lv 37 (m)
sassy
static
-Stregnth
-discharge
-chargebeam
-thunderwave
Caught at route 43
Kitty the Poliwrath lv 37 (f)
Lonely
Water absorb
-surf
-hypnosis
-rock smash
-focus punch
Caught while surfing in violet city
Zuzu the Crobat lv 38 (m)
Quirky
inner focus
Wing attack
confuse ray
fly
U-turn
Caught in dark cave

in box:
Jerome the Sandshrew Lv 8 (m)
Caught in union cave

Bruce the Togepi lv 1 (m)
Hatched at azealea town

Lucia the Oddish lv 5 (f)
Caught in Ilex forrest

Danny the Mareep lv 13 (m)
caught at route 42

Jackie the Farfetch'd lv 16 (f)
caught at route 39

Horace the Kingler lv 22 (m)
caught in cliff cave

Lil'Jordie the Tauros lv 20 (m)
caught at route 48

Manny the geodude lv 16 (m)
caught in safari zone

Jed the Voltorb lv 23
caught on F1 Team rocket HQ

Randy the electrode lv 23
caught on the B1 of Team rocket HQ

Hayley the seel lv 22 (f)
Caught in whirl islands

Daniel the tangela lv 23 (m)
caught at route 44

Lamar the swinub lv 24 (m)
caught at B2 of ice path

Bonnie the graveler lv 27 (m)
caught at route 45

Tyrone the Dratini lv 15 (m)
given to by the dragon master guy in dragons den

Dead:
Buddy the sentret lv 4 (m) [route 29]
death by crit

Penny the spearow lv 12 (f) [route 33]
death by crit

Wallance the Gastley lv 17 (m) [bellsprout tower]
death by unexpect faint attack from magmar

Peter the spinarak lv 18 (m) [route 30]
death by kadabra

Jackson the nidoranM lv 12 [route 35]
death by miltank

Billie the geodude (f) lv 20 [route 20]
death by crit

Peter Jr. the spinarak (m) lv 18 [headbutt in Ecruteak city]
death by something....

Deena the sudowoodo (f) lv 22 [route 36]
death by gengar

Maggie the Magnemite lv 17 [route 38]
death by some unexpected fire or ground move

Zero the Machop lv 23 (m) [mt mortar]
death by crit from a tentacruel

Sarah the Slowpoke lv 22 (f) [slowpoke well]
death by stupid graveler explosion

Jilly the tentacool lv 23 (f) [surfing cherrygrove city]
death by geodude explosion. ugh. twice in the same battle

Spencer the Smeagle (m) [ruins of alph]
death by gravler

Jilly 3 the Tentacruel (f) [route 41]
death by hitmonchan

Jilly 2 the tentacool (f) [olivine city]
death by hitmonlee

Shuckie the shuckle [given to in cianwood city]
death by steelix

Bonnici the swinub (f) [F1 of ice path]
death by wild graveler explosion *twitch*

yeah. that all so far...

Just so you guys know, I already finished Chapter 2 of my Emerald Nuzlocke. I'm not writing updates for it, but you guys can see my Pokemon, including that Jolly Ninjask. (And Adamant Butterfree and Modest Taillow lol.)

Just fuck wrecked the Elite Four with Mienshao primarily. I messed with Caitlin by sending out Mienshao on every mon, then U-Turning to a Dark type (Scrafty or Krookidile) to take the Psychic attack then KO with Crunch. It was so lolzy.

well my whole team died, so im left with tyrone the lv 15 dratini, jackie the level 16 farfetch'd, lamar the level 24 swinub, daniel the level 23 tangela, bonnie the level 27 graveler and hayley the level 22 seel. also this is for the elite 4. -.-
i might call the quits, what do you think?

Since I'm never consistent with whatever Pokemon game I'm currently playing, I'm also doing a SoulSilver Nuzlocke. Just beat Bugsy and am currently grinding some new additions. Everything's been pretty easy so far, except my rival's Croconaw was a bit of an issue. I'll have to find something to beat that--suggestions as to what wild Pokemon to look out for are welcome.
Here's my current team:
Blaster (Quilava) Lv. 20
Blaze
Hasty
-Quick Attack
-Flame Wheel
-SmokeScreen
-Ember
Recieved At: New Bark Town
Blaster, as my starter Pokemon, is a great addition to my team. It's fast and reasonably powerful. I expect its power to grow even more now that it's added Flame Wheel to its arsenal, and even more later on when it learns Flamethrower and finally Eruption.

Landslide (Geodude) Lv. 20
Sturdy
Adamant
-Headbutt
-Magnitude
-Rock Throw
-Rock Polish
Caught At: Route 46
Landslide is my team's powerhouse. Between Rock Throw and Magnitude, no foe I've faced as of yet can stand up to my mighty little rock. And with Headbutt added to its options, it has a reliable move, and can boost its lacking Speed with Rock Polish. However, I'm a bit concerned about its dual weaknesses, though I expect that will diminish somewhat once it's evolved into Golem.

Sting Ops (Beedrill) Lv. 12
Swarm
Naive
-Poison Sting
-Rock Smash
-Cut
-Fury Attack
Caught At: Route 31
This is...crap. I had originally intended to make this a member of my team for a while, but found that it was significantly lacking in power and, not learning any decent moves until Lv. 16, I decided to make it my HM slave for now.

Edward (Zubat) Lv. 7
Inner Focus
Serious
-Leech Life
-Supersonic
Caught At: Slowpoke Well
I really don't have anything to say about Edward, as I haven't used it yet, though once it learns Wing Attack, I think it'll become a good addition (After bypassing its early-on crap learnset) to my team.

Iggy (Togepi) Lv. 11
Serene Grace
Impish
-Sweet Kiss
-Charm
-Extrasensory
-Metronome
Hatched At: Ilex Forest
Iggy, while somewhat lacking in power, is cut out to be a great addition to my team. Despite its nature lowering its main method of attacking, Togekiss has a good enough base SpA stat that it won't matter. Once it evolves, Iggy will be a nice team player.

Verminator (Heracross) Lv. 10
Guts
Modest
-Fury Attack
-Leer
-Horn Attack
-Endure
Caught At: Azalea Town
This thing is a BOSS. It's also one of my luckiest catches ever (I've only found a Heracross one other time in any game, also in a Nuzlocke...) Even though it has just about the worst possible nature a Heracross could have, it still hits remarkably hard (For Lv. 10). I wonder, though, if having Verminator will benefit me much when it doesn't add much more coverage than Landslide provides, and Landslide's power is much greater than Verminator's, while Verminator doesn't learn any good moves until level...19? Again, suggestions welcome.

Boxed:
BOO! (Gastly) Lv. 3
Levitate
Impish
-Hypnosis
-Lick
Caught at: Sprout Tower

Drift (Hoppip) Lv. 6
Chlorophyll
Sassy
-Splash
-Synthesis
Caught At: Route 32

Dead:
biteyoface (Rattata) Lv. 6
Guts
Bold
-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Quick Attack
Caught At: Union Cave
Means of death: Healfodder against Silver's Croconaw

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll have to find something to beat that--suggestions as to what wild Pokemon to look out for are welcome.
Oddish and Paras are both available in Itex Forest, Eggsecute are available in headbutt trees and get the Powders + Leech Seed + good STAPs in Psychic and Leaf Storm. Tangela is also available (although thats quite far into the game). After your 4th badge you can try aiming for a Magnemite or Flaafy or something although it will be quite underleveled, I think there are some decent grass types in the Safari Zone as well.

Not sure why you are running Togepi. Its cute as fuck but iirc there is no Shiny Stone in HGSS until after the E4 so its a LONG time to wait I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)