Challenge Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't knock Togepi. Even as a Togetic, it's pretty bulky and has decent offence at least with Extrasensory or whatever TMs you can get onto it. I used one in my recent HG Nuzlocke, and it performed admirably, even before I evolved it into a Togekiss. However, it was slightly outclassed by my Noctowl, but that Noctowl fucking trucked through EVERYTHING.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to go near-ultimate nuzlocke, so max difficulty almost everything. One Pokemon Center healing per town for the entire game. Killing all the legendaries, including Volcarona, and going to the second Elite Four. Prepared for lots of tries.

EDIT: No Poke Marts and no items attached to Pokemon.

I like playing only use items that you find/that NPCs give you.
Not only does it make it more challenging, it rewards exploration.

Oddish and Paras are both available in Itex Forest.
Togepi hatched in Ilex Forest, so I couldn't catch another Pokemon in there anyway (And even if it hadn't, the first Pokemon I found in there was Weedle). I think I'll either look for an Exeggcute or a Magnemite, or I might evolve Eevee into Jolteon.
I hadn't realized that you couldn't get a Shiny Stone until that far on in the game. Maybe I will swap Togepi out, as the only reason I had used it in the first place was because Togekiss has great Special Attack, so the Impish nature wouldn't matter as much, but with a -SpA nature, Togetic will just plain suck.

I just finished my Black Nuzlocke successfully as Lee my badass Mienshao destroyed the Elite Four, along with the help from the rest of my team, especially Natto, my Ferrothorn, who was an Epic Tank.

I wanna try another Nuzlocke. I'm wondering if any of the Gen 1 games are fun to Nuzlocke? I'd like somebody who's Nuzlocked those to provide input.

after boringly travelling through pokemon white and steamrolling through everything with an emboar/ferrothorn combo (with them fainting many times)...
i've decided to nuzlocke with a snivy: preparing for many tries here as snivy is terrible

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alright, just started my White ultra nuzlocke, will post progress here.

Nuvema Town: Picked Oshawatt. Critted Tepig to clutch me that win. Snivy used Leer luckily, or I would have lost. Named Oshawatt BattleStar after my friend here on Smogon.

Route 1: Caught V0x the Lillipup.

Accumula Town: She forced me, the Pokemon Center heal does not count against me.

EDIT TO CHALLENGE: heal at Pokemon Center only twice per town, realized I need PP and gym leaders

Route 2: Critted the Patrat, sweeped everybody. Bianca incoming! Clean sweep on her.

Dreamyard: Enter NixHex the Pansear.

Striaton City: Butt-raped Cheren. BattleStar demolishes some Lillipup trainers. VS. Cilan: BattleStar rips apart Lillipup with a 3HKO from Tackle, while healing up in-between Work Ups and Tackles. NixHex is the star of the show, as while it only 5HKO's Pansage, it takes a +2 Vine Whip like a champ and Incinerates it (pardon the pun). I thought I would lose NixHex, but it epically destroyed Pansage!

Team Update:
BattleStar (Oshawott) | Calm | Tackle/Tail Whip/Water Gun/Water Sport | Male Lv. 14

V0x (Lillipup) | Calm | Leer/Tackle | Bitch Lv. 3

NixHex (Pansear) | Adamant | Scratch/Work Up/Lick/Incinerate

Props to BattleStar for beasting the beginning. NixHex for beating that hellish Pansear and Snivy.

Dreamyard V2: note: no pokes cause I already got NixHex. Just got Cut. My name is Reshi, js. NixHex has Cut>Lick. Used second heal and PokeMart visit.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCKING FREEZE GOD DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, smashed Bianca, back in Striaton. Got NixHex the Pansear again. Yeah Rash! Cheren time!!!!

VS. Cheren:
BattleStar valiantly makes way for NixHex. Incinerate just happens to burn up Snivy's Oran Berry. Death to Snivy! NixHex demolishes Purrloin as well. That will be that.

Striaton Gym: Give me some refreshments old dude! BS soloing them trainer motherfuckers all day.

VS. Cilan (lol just realized cilantro, watercress, and chili)
Cilan has such low self-esteem.
BattleStar starts off with a powerful critical hit on Lillipup using Water Gun. That asshole uses a Potion and lives two Water Guns with a smidgen. Tackle for the kill!!!!! In comes Pansage. Come NixHex, for your time has come. Two Incinerates and a frog Incinerate for the kill. At long last, we are back to our previous level of progress. I will do a team update after I go and get Cut.

Alright, team update:

BattleStar (Oshawott) Male Lv. 14 | Calm | Tackle/Tail Whip/Water Gun/Water Sport

V0x (Lillipup) Bitch Lv. 3 | Calm | Leer/Tackle

NixHex (Pansear) Female Lv. 10 | Rash | Scratch/Work Up/Cut/Incinerate

Now, on to Dreamyard V2: Got items on Route 2 first. Team Plasma, why must you butt-rape Pokemon? R.I.P. V0x, valiantly taking Bide for NixHex. The beauty of revenge on that Purrloin. Explore! Alright, let's go! Fennel is done and over with. Bottom screen looks cool now.

Route 3: Playground comes and goes. Healing lady can be abused, hooray!!!! Killing your own kind NixHex. Fool.

VS. Cheren
BattleStar makes way for NixHex in order to take on Snivy. Noooooo!!!! RIP NixHex, for you did nothing wrong and served me well. Guess I'll hope for a Roggenrola in the cave. :P Maybe a Blitzle or a Pidove as well. BattleStar finishes the game out for me.

Pidove is mine!!!! Nicknaming it... StallMandi after user StallMandibuzz. Probably just an HM slave, but I need another Pokemon. My cave Pokemon is Woobat, crit killed it. Oh well... :(
Plasma grunts... Alright, BattleStar is Lv. 17!!! Razor Shell. Evolution to Dewott!!!!!! Now BattleStar can smash everything with ease. Double battle time!!!!!!!! Kick some ass Dewott! Like the freaking Great Lakes. Finishing en route to Nacrene City.

We are there, Nacrene City:

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Updating my run

Basically I smoked Maylene since my team has like 3 fighting resists, + Staravia + Jess the Houndoom and Nagai the Torterra to hit Lucario for super effective damage. Had a minor panic when Panamaxis (Rotom W) missed 3 Hydro Pumps and Lucario hit 3 Metal Claws, got 2 attack raises, and then the third one crit buts its all good, had Stallion the Gligar to 100% counter that (BAN ME PLEASE).

Moved on to Wake and with Panamaxis and Nagai I had pretty much everything handled. Fucking Floatzel was a bitch tho but I got it toxiced with Yeti and then healed off all the damage it did with Heal Order, stalling it out like a champion. All this led me to...

THAT FUCKING DOUBLE BATTLE

For those of you that don't know there is a double battle in platinum that has Lightning Rod Raichu and fucking Gyarados. Whenever I play a PLAT Nuzlocke I always lose a pokemon to it, sometimes half my team cos its such a gigantic bitch. So, needless to say I was not feeling confident going into this battle.

Zac and Jenn
Rachu (lv 36) and Gyarados (Lv 36)

VS

Torterra (nagai) and Staraptor (Thorns)

Got the intimidate off which was cool as it weakened that attack power from Gyarados. I forgot that Gyarados also has an intimidate of its own which sucks but my goal was to get Nagai to Leech Seed both Raichu and Gyarados, wall both of them while healing off anything they did (since im not allowed healing items in battle) and then boost up with Curse, take down the Gyarados, and then Stallion or nagai himself can fuck up Raichu no sweat. What actually happened was much different

I switched Staraptor out (since a Thunderbolt of w/e from Raichu was obvious) and brought in Stallion to abuse his electric immunity, and then bait an Aqual Tail from Gyarados with the goal to then switch in Yeti to tank it, Toxic it, Heal Order off any damage, and then stall while nagai boosts. I got Stallion in for free alright, but then the fucking Gyarados reveals motherfucking ICE FANG and proceeds to do 50% to nagai. Thank god for Leech Seed which takes me just above 50% but when you are taking that sort of damage its a close run thing if you are going to get KOed or not.

Since it has Ice Fang both Stallion and Nagai are in danger, as Gyarados could attack either one of them. Yeti also prolly isn't a great switch in now and while id love to get a second intimidate off on Gyarados, Thorns isn't really a great pick either. I switch out Stallion for Panamaxis the might Rotom W which gets in safely from a Quick Attack from Raichu while Gyarados tries to KO Nagai who barely survives the second Ice Fang, and then Earthquakes bringing Raichu down to the red. Nagai is almost dead so I bring in Yeti who proceeds to take 50% from Ice Fang, (after Raichu used motherfucking TAIL WHIP) and then Leech Seed manages to put it above that threshold while Rotom W nails that fucking Raichu with an Ominous Wind. Yeti then proves what a boss it really is, tanking a second Ice Fang hanging on into the red while Panamaxis zaps Gyarados granting me a clean win, but just barely.

MVP: Leech Seed

Moral of the Story: I REALLY need some better Ice resists... and I have Candice coming up..

Also that double battle sucks ASS

Will update with a team list but its not 1 AM and iv had some sleep

^Question: How does Raichu have Lightningrod? That is an ability a Raichu cannot have in Genereation 4... so you could have used an electric attack on Gyarados.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Question: How does Raichu have Lightningrod? That is an ability a Raichu cannot have in Genereation 4... so you could have used an electric attack on Gyarados.
Yea idk man. I know that I DID try and use an electric attack on Gyarados once and it didn't work. But it was a long time ago lol and when "testing" results in losing a pokemon im not keen on it so I rely on my shitty memory. Still, you are welcome to test that I just hav eno idea where I would have gotten the Raichu with Lightning Rod idea from if I hadn't already seen it lol.

Man ill feel like an idiot if my memory is wrong.

Updating my run

Basically I smoked Maylene since my team has like 3 fighting resists, + Staravia + Jess the Houndoom and Nagai the Torterra to hit Lucario for super effective damage. Had a minor panic when Panamaxis (Rotom W) missed 3 Hydro Pumps and Lucario hit 3 Metal Claws, got 2 attack raises, and then the third one crit buts its all good, had Stallion the Gligar to 100% counter that (BAN ME PLEASE).

Moved on to Wake and with Panamaxis and Nagai I had pretty much everything handled. Fucking Floatzel was a bitch tho but I got it toxiced with Yeti and then healed off all the damage it did with Heal Order, stalling it out like a champion. All this led me to...

THAT FUCKING DOUBLE BATTLE

For those of you that don't know there is a double battle in platinum that has Lightning Rod Raichu and fucking Gyarados. Whenever I play a PLAT Nuzlocke I always lose a pokemon to it, sometimes half my team cos its such a gigantic bitch. So, needless to say I was not feeling confident going into this battle.

Zac and Jenn
Rachu (lv 36) and Gyarados (Lv 36)

VS

Torterra (nagai) and Staraptor (Thorns)

Got the intimidate off which was cool as it weakened that attack power from Gyarados. I forgot that Gyarados also has an intimidate of its own which sucks but my goal was to get Nagai to Leech Seed both Raichu and Gyarados, wall both of them while healing off anything they did (since im not allowed healing items in battle) and then boost up with Curse, take down the Gyarados, and then Stallion or nagai himself can fuck up Raichu no sweat. What actually happened was much different

I switched Staraptor out (since a Thunderbolt of w/e from Raichu was obvious) and brought in Stallion to abuse his electric immunity, and then bait an Aqual Tail from Gyarados with the goal to then switch in Yeti to tank it, Toxic it, Heal Order off any damage, and then stall while nagai boosts. I got Stallion in for free alright, but then the fucking Gyarados reveals motherfucking ICE FANG and proceeds to do 50% to nagai. Thank god for Leech Seed which takes me just above 50% but when you are taking that sort of damage its a close run thing if you are going to get KOed or not.

Since it has Ice Fang both Stallion and Nagai are in danger, as Gyarados could attack either one of them. Yeti also prolly isn't a great switch in now and while id love to get a second intimidate off on Gyarados, Thorns isn't really a great pick either. I switch out Stallion for Panamaxis the might Rotom W which gets in safely from a Quick Attack from Raichu while Gyarados tries to KO Nagai who barely survives the second Ice Fang, and then Earthquakes bringing Raichu down to the red. Nagai is almost dead so I bring in Yeti who proceeds to take 50% from Ice Fang, (after Raichu used motherfucking TAIL WHIP) and then Leech Seed manages to put it above that threshold while Rotom W nails that fucking Raichu with an Ominous Wind. Yeti then proves what a boss it really is, tanking a second Ice Fang hanging on into the red while Panamaxis zaps Gyarados granting me a clean win, but just barely.

MVP: Leech Seed

Moral of the Story: I REALLY need some better Ice resists... and I have Candice coming up..

Also that double battle sucks ASS

Will update with a team list but its not 1 AM and iv had some sleep

The double battle that you are talking about is in the foggy region of Shinno. As all moves have about 66% or their normal Acc, that would explain why Gyarados was undamaged. Trust me, I have lost many mons in that battle without Defog....

i am currently Doing Nuzlocke in diamond i havent gotten into it for a while but i will probally continue the challenge later next week Hopefully i will pass the test :)

Jukain

!_!
Update on my White Nuzlocke.

In the area of Pinwheel right outside Nacrene, I managed to evolve StallMandi into a Tranquill.

VS. N
StallMandi used Air Cutter on everything.

Nacrene City Gym

Truth be told, I was scared coming in, but......

VS. Lenora

StallMandi and BattleStar worked together, StallMandi abusing Roost, in order to beat Herdier. Blue Kirby took one for the team, falling to Watchog's Retaliate. BattleStar managed to finish up the gym with an absolutely beast stand-off against Watchog. MVP: Blue Kirby the Tympole, who I caught for that sole purpose. And now for our team update:

StallMandi (Tranquill) Lv. 22 Male | Serious | Air Cutter/Roost/Leer/Quick Attack

BattleStar (Dewott) @Mystic Water Lv. 22 Male | Calm | Cut/Razor Shell/Water Gun/Rock Smash

R.I.P. NixHex the Pansear, V0x the Lillipup, Blue Kirby the Tympole

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I did one of these on HeartGold a long time ago, starting one on Platinum now. My rules that aren't completely standard:

-Catch the first UNIQUE Pokemon you see
-Unlimited PokeCenter use
-Unlimited Item use, but only items you find / are given
-Can only use PokeBalls you find / are given

I'll try to write a story or at least keep a log, dunno which yet.

Here's a Platinum update.
I've decided that I'll only write about important (Or relatively important) events throughout my run. To make up for what you've missed (Which isn't much) I caught a Shinx and nicknamed it Nightvolt, which was boxed. I got Maverick to Lv. 15, and I evolved Maelstrom, which is now Lv. 17. Other than that, nothing else has really happened.
Here's my battle with Roark. It should be really short, since the battle was so easy.
Chapter 6: VS Roark
"Ah, Rogue, so you're here!"
I looked at the Gym Leader. He didn't look like much, but if he was a Gym Leader, he was bound to be fairly strong. I reached into my pocket and brought out the Poke Ball containing my #1 superstar, Maelstrom.
"Yeah, I'm here, Roark," I replied.
Roark rubbed his hands in excitement. "I have a feeling this is going to be a good battle. I'm a master of Rock-type Pokemon. Their rock-hard bodies make them nearly impervious to Physical moves. You think you can beat me? Go ahead...make my day."
Roark tossed his first Poke Ball in the air, and a boulder-like Geodude appeared. It slammed its fists on the ground ready for action. "Oh, please," I said confidently. I'd beaten loads of Geodude in the Oreburgh Mines. This one wouldn't be any different.
"Go, Maelstrom!" I yelled. My first Pokemon, stronger than ever and in a stronger form. It had learned a nice addition to its movepool upon evolving--Metal Claw--though it would hardly be necessary against Geodude when I had Bubble.
"Maelstrom, Bubble!" I ordered. Maelstrom released a spray of bubbles at Geodude, and before it could even make a move, it fell. One down, two to go, I thought.
Roark sent out his next Pokemon, an Onix. I could see pain in his face; he hadn't taken his Geodude's quick defeat easily. Once more, I ordered Maelstrom's Bubble, and once more, Onix went down without a fight.
Roark was getting worried now. His Pokemon had been defeated with such ease I could see that he had lost his confidence. But then a trace of a smile crossed his face, and he whispered two words that invoked terror in me:
"Go, Cranidos."
Crap...
I knew Cranidos was an incredibly powerful Pokemon, even for a first stage Pokemon, and its attacks would severely dent Maelstrom...
...if it was three levels lower. As it was, Maelstrom's bulk would be enough to survive Roark's onslaught. I ordered a Bubble, then immediately regretted it as I remembered that it had Metal Claw, which would do significantly more. No matter.
Unfortunately for me, it didn't quite OHKO, though Cranidos was on its last legs. Roark, pleased that he finally had an opportunity to issue an attack, ordered, "Cranidos, Headbutt!"
As I'd expected, Maelstrom took the hit like a champ. This time, I remembered my other option, and took it. "Maelstrom, Metal Claw!"
Roark freaked out and nervously sprayed his Cranidos with a Potion, trying to prolong its life, though the effort ultimately failed. Gleaming metal claws appeared on Maelstrom's flippers, and it rushed forward, slicing through Cranidos's rock hide and this time successfully KOing it.
Roark, his last Pokemon defeated, quietly said, "Cranidos, return." The dinosaur-like Pokemon disappeared into its Poke Ball. Roark looked disappointed, but shook it off.
"Well, it's a bit embarrassing, losing to a Trainer with no Gym Badges--"
"Isn't it your job to lose to Trainers without any Badges?"
Roark glared at me. "Shut up," he said. "Anyway, here's your official League Coal Badge. And, please, take this with you as a souvenir of your win here in Oreburgh." He handed me a small brown badge and a disc; a TM.
"What is it?" I asked.
"It's Stealth Rock," Roark said, "one of my favorite moves. It's a move that damages opposing Pokemon when they enter the field, and does more the weaker the Pokemon is to Rock-type attacks." Roark sighed. "Good luck with your future challenges. I hope you do well. I won't feel as bad about having lost to you. Now farewell."
I admired my shiny new Badge. I've beaten my first Gym, I thought happily. Then a grim thought crossed my mind.
One down, seven more to go.

I'll probably update later with Valley Windworks and possibly more on my SoulSilver run.

EDIT:
I've caught two more additions to my team: Macho Man the Machop (Now Lv. 21) and Bloon the Drifloon (Now Lv. 15). Drifloon was caught after this chapter, but it doesn't really spoil anything.
Chapter 7: Team Galactic: Operation Windworks
"Grunts One and Two, the subject is approaching. Move into position," Mars spoke softly into her comm device from her vantage point atop the Jubilife Condominiums. She could see Professor Rowan and his aide nearing Jubilife City. She could also see two of her Grunts stealthily stalking the pair. As Rowan crossed into Jubilife, Mars issued the order. "Grunts One and Two, engage."
The two Grunts leaped out from behind their cover and stood in front of Rowan and his aide, impeding their process. Mars could see the Grunts mindlessly saying what they'd rehearsed so many times, 'Now, now, Professor, we demand you comply with our demands.'
Suddenly, a young boy, maybe ten or eleven years old, approached the confrontation. "Damn it," Mars said angrily. "Deal with that kid. We don't want him interfering with our operations."
It seemed that the arrival of the young boy emboldened the professor's aide, for they teamed up and challenged the Grunts to a battle. Mars watched in horror as the two Grunts were effortlessly defeated. "Damn it! Grunts One and Two, retreat. This operation is a failure," Mars spoke bitterly into her comm.
Suddenly, a red light flashed on her comm indicating an incoming message, and she tapped the button. The voice of Commander Cyrus came through the comm. "How goes the operation, Commander Mars?" Cyrus asked.
"Commander, the operation was a failure. My operatives were defeated by mere children," Mars spat.
Instead of speaking in anger, as Mars had expected, Cyrus spoke calmly. "Interesting..." he mused. "Do you have the footage?"
"Yes, Commander."
"Send it to me now."
Mars pressed another button on her comm device. "Footage sent, Commander."
Mars could almost hear the gears turning in Cyrus's brain as he watched the footage. "Mars...I want to know who that boy is. Who he is, where he lives, everything. He is an obstacle. And all obstacles must be removed," Cyrus said coldly.
Mars swallowed. "Yes, Commander," she said, and severed the communication.

Floaroma Town, I read: The city of flowers. An apt description. Also believed to be tied somehow to the Pokemon Shaymin.
Floaroma Town, which might've been interesting if you liked flowers, had nothing that interested me and frankly, the road here had been boring ever since the strange encounter with the ones who called themselves Team Galactic. That was in the past, though. I could only keep moving on.
I walked out of Floaroma and was promptly stopped by a young girl, maybe 6 years old. "Hey, person, help me! My papa was trapped in Valley Windworks! Please help my papa! I MISS MY PAPA!"
I figured I should probably help this person, whoever she was, but I wasn't going to stick around long enough for the sparks to start flying. I made a beeline out of there to Valley Windworks, where I was promptly stopped by another member of that Team Galactic organization.
"Hey! We're pulling a big operation here, and if you don't scram, kid, I'll make you pay!" The Grunt snarled.
"Oh, yeah?" I challenged. "Muscle Man, show him who's boss." Muscle Man, a new addition to my team, is a complete boss. His Fighting attacks knock everything out of the sky. Within no time, Muscle Man had made quick work of his Glameow.
Trying to preserve his dignity, the Grunt said, "Well...you may have beaten me, but I'm going to lock myself in the Valley Windworks with the only key except for the one in Floaroma Meadow so you can't get in! Who's the loser now, punk? Hahahaha!" The Grunt ran inside and promptly locked himself in.
How.
Little.
He.
Knows.
Thanks to him, I now have the location of his partners in Floaroma Meadow, so I can proceed to beat the crap out of them, too (All the while training Muscle Man!).
Sure enough, the wimpy little Grunties get smacked around until they scream for their mommies.
"Oh, however can I thank you? You saved me from that horrible Team Galactic. Here, take my Honey, take the whole lot!" said the guy whose life I just saved. I save you, you give me honey. Crappy trade-off.
Within no time I was back at the Valley Windworks, unlocking the door. And, of course, there's the idiot Grunt standing there gawking at me.
"Damn, I am the loser after all! Curse you!" Then, like all losers, he runs to tell his superior. I can beat any superior he has, so I don't really give a crap. Soon enough, I end up before the superior.
"Hhh! You!" the woman who stood before me turned red with anger. "I know you! You ruined our operations in Jubilife City and made me look bad in front of Master Cyrus! You'll pay! But I'll make you a deal. If you win, we'll leave. If I win, you leave! Face the wrath of Commander Mars, insolent child!"
She tossed her Poke Ball into the air and a Zubat appeared. I'd dealt with enough Zubats before, but Zubat was not in Muscle Man's skill area. So I decide to have Maelstrom deal with the pathetic bat. "Go Maelstrom!"
Let's do this! Maelstrom said.
"Maelstrom, Bubblebeam!" I ordered. Maelstrom had received a significant STAB upgrade in Bubblebeam, and now virtually nothing could withstand its mighty blows. Zubat was no exception. It perished in a flurry of bubbles.
Furious, Mars called on her last Pokemon. I wasn't sure to expect, but I knew it wouldn't be good. "Go, Purugly!" Mars yelled. "Prepare to lose, kid!" Purugly hissed in agreement.
I wasn't sure Maelstrom versus Purugly would be a fair matchup, but I was fairly confident that Muscle Man could handle it relatively well. I made my decision. "Maelstrom return! Go, Muscle Man! Finish this up!"
Muscle Man pounded its chest in challenge. "Purugly, Fake Out!" Mars ordered. Purugly rushed forward and sandwiched Machop's head between its paws, causing it to flinch. Purugly, in effect, had gained a free turn without taking any damage. I was ready for its next move, though, because I knew Muscle Man could take whatever Purugly threw at it and retaliate harder.
"Purugly, Scratch!"
"Muscle Man, Karate Chop!"
Purugly landed its blow first, but Machop was ready and took the hit like a champ. With Purugly still in close quarters, Machop executed its Karate Chop attack and critted the obese cat.
"No!" Mars screamed. "It cannot be! A Team Galactic Commander, defeated by a child? It is not possible!"
"Calm down, Mars," said an old man I hadn't noticed before. He wore rounded orange glasses and a lab coat. "We've already gathered the necessary energy for our plan to come to completion. We can--"
"Shut up!" Mars screamed. "Master Cyrus may trust you, but you've only joined recently! You have yet to earn my respect, and until you do, you cannot order me around!" Mars took a deep breath. "We will retreat...for now. But be warned, this is not the last you will see of Team Galactic: you can count on that."
And without another word, Team Galactic left.

Sorry about the double post, but I didn't want the original to get too long.
This isn't an update in my normal fanfic way. At the moment, I'm too sad to do that. I might do it later, though.
I practically waltzed through Eterna Forest. Maverick and Bloon completely owned everything in there except the Pachirisu.
I went to the Gym, expecting an easy win, which, for the most part, it was. Maverick 2HKOed everything in there. Cherrim got off a Leech Seed, which was annoying, but oh well. It didn't matter. Roserade pissed me off with para hax, but that didn't end up mattering either. I still won.
I proceeded to the Galactic Eterna Building, expecting another easy win. It was....
...until I got to Jupiter.
Her Zubat was completely owned, but it was her Skuntank that caused me much pain and misery. It completely screwed over Muscle Man with its incredibly annoying moves, forcing it into the red zone. Not wanting to lose Muscle Man so soon after I'd gotten him, I sent in Maverick who I thought with Intimidate would weaken Skuntank's blows. It didn't. Night Slash critted on the switch and annihilated Maverick. Angered by the death of his companion, Maelstrom swept in and owned Skuntank. I had won, but at a cost.
Later on, at the Wayward Cave secret extension (After catching a completely worthless Meditite and successfully not finding a Gligar or a Gible), I was training Muscle Man when I came across a Geodude...but it was no ordinary Geodude. It was a Geodude that had been given steroids by the hax gods. The damn thing got a STAB MAGNITUDE 10 CRIT and blew Muscle Man back to kingdom come. I think the hax gods really hate me today.
So now I'm left with Maelstrom and Bloon (Levels 27 and 25 respectively) and four other completely worthless Pokemon. I guess I could train Nightvolt, but...I'd rather have a Jolteon. Or a Leafeon. I'm not sure which.

do the different halves of route 104 in hoenn count as different routes?
I'm sure you could if you wanted to. It's not like there's any defining rule regarding two different halves of a route. An example of this I can think of would be the two different halves of Route 2 in Kanto. It is split in two halves by Viridian Forest, so some people consider it Route 2 North and Route 2 South. Looking at Route 104, it's the same scenario. I personally don't consider these scenarios as two routes due to them having the same catch list, but it's perfectly up to you whether you choose to consider them two different routes or not.
Will edit later with Platinum updates.

I'm sure you could if you wanted to. It's not like there's any defining rule regarding two different halves of a route. An example of this I can think of would be the two different halves of Route 2 in Kanto. It is split in two halves by Viridian Forest, so some people consider it Route 2 North and Route 2 South. Looking at Route 104, it's the same scenario. I personally don't consider these scenarios as two routes due to them having the same catch list, but it's perfectly up to you whether you choose to consider them two different routes or not.
Will edit later with Platinum updates.
yeah, i chose them to be separate because i ran into a

needless to say i was woefully unprepared for roaxanne and she killed Steve the torchic and Geoffrey the wingull. now all i have is Bruce the ralts, on the plus side i am having some good luck with crits and encounters unlike my black nuzlocke

@QWAZ:
Normally, shiny pokemon are exceptions regarding the "only one catch per route" rule in almost all Nuzlockes =)
Doesn't matter now as apperntly nosepass isnt 4HKOd by a quiet wingulls water gun. Im a failiure :( i lost my starter as well. I reackon nuzlocke the nuzleaf punishes any body who tries to conquer the region he failed in :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)