Lv 4
-Tackle
-String shot

Update:
Odyseus: 1 badge

On Quest (in party):
Charybdis (Marshtomp) Lv 17
Orthrus (Poochyena) Lv 13
Hermes (Zigzagoon) Lv 6 (2 nuggets so far)
Melpomene (Whismur) Lv 8 (you are awesome if you understand the name)
Sisyphus (Geodude) Lv 8
Gorgon (Tentacool) Lv 10

Resting at Olympus (box):
none

Tartarus (dead):
Eros (Wurmple) Lv 4 (Tackle missed, enemy got a crit)

EDIT:
sonofabitch

disregard this post, as when I set my earphones on my sp, it froze.

Well, unfortunately, my Emerald Mark III comes to a sickeningly quick end. Brawly overwhelmed me. I will make the post to that point, and then start a Mark III-B. (I'm determined to get this done)

-I arrived in Dewford and headed straight to the north to Route 109.
-Fought a few trainers up there and won.
-Entered Granite Cave and caught Boris the Jolly Makuhita. I love Makuhitas ingame, mainly because Haryiamas are boss, and this guy's nature isn't too shabby.
-Trained my entire team to around 15-16, along the way Kipper evolved into Marshtomp.
-Satisfied, I forgoed finding Steven to battle the gym, which I was confident I could defeat.
-The trainers were cake, I spanked their little hinies with a barage of Wing Attacks and Confusions from Pysho and Carl
-I felt like using Brawly for some training, since I figured that the only threat was Makuhita, Pysho could defeat Machop and Medidite.
-Pysho raped Machop, and Medidite is a joke, its only attack is Focus Punch.
-Because I play on set, I wasted the next turn switching to Carl as Makuhita bulked up.
-Carl's attacks did moderate damage, and Makuhita continued to bulk up to around +3 or 4.
-I whittled Makuhita down to literally like 2HP, then a critical hit from a Reversal killed Carl.
-I sent out Pysho, hoping to finish the job, but Brawly healed. And then a Vital Throw killed off my defensively lacking Wingull.
-I shut the game off after that. There was no sense in continuing.
-I fled home crying. A third time failed.

Next Update will be Update 3: The Sun Never Truly Sets - A restart of Mark III

And Mark III-B Begins!!

-Again, I arrived in Littleroot in the back of a sketchy moving van. For all I knew I was being carted off to Mexico to be part of a human trafficing ring. Not that my mom cared...
-Moved into my house, got annoyed at the Vigoroth as usual, and started my never-changing clock
-Saw the news, then went next door.
-Met the mom and the brother, and then met May. She really needs to learn to not fall in love so fast.
-Went past the stupid little girl, and watched as Prof. Birch fled from the terrifying Zigzagoon.
-Choose Mudkip and soundly beat the tiny racoon.
-Named the Quiet Mudkip Kippa.
-Soundly defeated May
-Returned home, got the Pokedex, Pokeballs, and Running Shoes.
-Captured Cheyeanne the Naive Zigzagoon, Dakota the Hardy Poocheyena, and Frita the Bashful Wurmple. Only Frita remained on the team.
-Trained my team a bit, and evolved Frita into a Silcoon. Yay, she might have a bit more use in this game.
-Went through the route, beat some trainers, arrived in Petalburg, helped Wally (lucky SOB), and then left.
-Did my little "cheat," and ended up catching Bila the Mild Marill, with Huge Power. Unfortunately, since Marill's really are lacking in any usable physical attacking moves in this game, she was boxed, saved for a backup for Kippa.
-Went in the woods and caught-- wouldn't you believe it -- Deana the Mild Shroomish. I never can avoid these things.
-Along the way Frita evolved into Beautifly.
-Decided to train Deana, who levels up fast and is useful for a good chunk of the game.
-Quickly flogged the trainers in the Gym, and then proceeded to anhilate Roxanne. Kippa is just too much of a boss.
-Left and chased down the Aqua thug, again using my "cheat."
-Captured Beyonce the Docile Whismur in the cave, saved Peeko, and then failed to catch an Abra on route 116. Installing a new rule that forced losses by Pokemon don't count. So I will go back to route 116 and try again.
-Saved before another battle with May or turning back to route 116.

Kipper the Quiet Mudkip (F)
Level 14
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Water Gun, Mudslap, Tackle, Growl
Opinion: The MVP of the team. Kippa is strong and steadfast. Having a good nature helps a lot too. I have high hopes for her.

Frita the Bashful Beautifl (F)
Level 13
Ability: Shield Dust
Moves: Tackle, Harden, Gust, Absorb
Opinion: She sucks up a lot of Exp, but hopefully she will be able to defeat Brawly. Other than that idk how long she will stay. Definitely better than a Dustox for longterm use.

Deanna the Mild Shroomish (F)
Level 12
Ability: Effect Spore
Moves: Stun Spore, Absorb, Leech Seed, Tackle
Opinion: Well she levels up really fast. One battle with a level 8 Geodude and she gained two levels. With Mild nature she might be able to pull of a few grass-type attacks, and her utility in status moves is quite helpful. She'll be useful throughout I feel.

Beyonce the Docile Whismur (F)
Level 8
Ability: Soundproof
Moves: Pound, Uproar
Opinion: None really, I just caught her. She should have potential and I hope she lives long enough to see that potential.

Cheyeanne the Naive Zigzagoon (F); Level 2
Opinion: Possibly a backup for Beyonce

Dakota the Hardy Poocheyana (F); Level 2
Opinion: None, she won't be used

Bila the Mild Marill (F); Level 5
Opinion: With the Huge Power, she has potential, but lacks the movepool. For now is a backup, but is first in line incase Kippa dies

I'm about the same as I was last time. Though hopefully I learned from my mistakes. Kippa is strong, as is Deanna, and Frita should be alright in the Gym. I've also noticed I've only been catching female Pokemon. No idea what this means--besides that a Wedlocke would be impossible--but I hope its a good sign.

Just completed my first ever nuzlocke of Pokemon black!
Enjoyed it hugely, especially the feeling when I took out Ghetsis (and when his hydreigon missed focus blast twice :D )
Anyway, the team
Scorch (Emboar)
Mild nature
Hammer arm
Flamethrower
Scald
Return

My starter, with me throughout the entire game, was my general "go to" Pokemon for everything until the endgame. Lost some of his shine towards the end, and didn't do much in the final fight but I wouldn't have made it through the game without him

Sheba (Scrafty)
Calm nature
Return
Crunch
Hi jump kick
Brick Break

My MVP. Nuff said, demolished everything, took huge hits and just refused to die. Shed skin was a godsend at times, I just wish she hadn't been calm! Still easily my strongest Pokemon and the game would have been impossible without her

Shell (Carracosta)
Shell smash
Aqua jet
Waterfall
Rock slide
As a Tirtouga he was pretty underwhelming, but when he evolved, he hit like a truck and again just didn't die. Sturdy saved me more than occasionally but again he lost some of his shine towards the end

Yompod (Beheeyem)
Calm mind
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Shadow ball

If he got a calm mind up he just sat there and killed stuff, and whatever opponent it was could do nothing. Untouchable by special moves after a turn, she got me through a lot (particularly Marshall alongside the next Pokemon) She also had a modest nature!

Auto (Golurk)
Fly
Earthquake
Brick Break
Shadow Punch

This guy is a beast if you can be bothered to train him, just dominated everything for a while after evolving. Again however, Sheba turned out so amazing, that Auto was left in the dust.

Weiss (Reshiram)
Caught in Ns castle. Only had 5 Pokemon worth using until then, due to losing my Lilligant on route 10 to Cheren. Fucking adamant nature... Again (first time I played through black it was adamant as well)

I've been Nuzlocking Platinum for a while. The rules I'm playing with are as follows:http://www.smogon.com/forums/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=101823
-First Pokemon in each area, but if it's a repeat I can keep on looking until I find something I don't have
-KO=Die
-Gift Pokemon allowed
-Eggs count for the place they are received as eggs

At the moment I've beaten Gardenia. My nicknaming theme was originally fruit, but when I ran out of ideas for that I switched to food in general.

Team:

Strawberry the Monferno (F)
Lv 23
Strawberry is definitely my MVP. She solo'd the entire Eterna Gym, and is great in any other battles she finds herself in

Mango the Staravia (F)
Lv 21
What do you expect? Staravia is a BOSS in this game

Parsley the Budew (F)
Lv 18
Only good when her attacks are SE; Hope she evolves soon.

Peanut the Luxio (M)
Lv 20
His high attack stat is awesome; especially since there is quite a few Flying-types early-game

Lychee the Buizel (M)
Lv 16
Hasn't hit his prime yet; doesn't mean he isn't useful

Nutella the Gligar
Lv 18
Haven't really used him yet; He's mainly on my team because he's a good level

Reserves:

Choko the Bidoof (F)
Lv 3
My first capture; looked at her summary, saw a Modest nature and chucked her straight in the PC

Sushi the Magikarp (M)
Lv 4
Do you expect me to use this?

Banana the Psyduck (F)
Lv 14
She was good against Roark, but I decided that Buizel would be better in the long run

Guava the Machop (M)
Lv 14
Also good against Roark, but I decided that Monferno would be a better Fire-type in the long run

Avocado the Onix (M)
Lv 8
Maybe I'll raise him if I get a Metal Coat and don't get a Scyther

Lemon the Zubat (F)
Lv 6
Maybe I'll use her if Mango dies

Cheesecake the Gastly (M)
Lv 13
Catching him in Eterna Forest means I can catch Rotom in the Old Chateau :)

Rockmelon the Meditite (M)
Lv 16
Used him for a bit, but Monferno is a much better Fighting-type

Dumpling the Togepi (M)
Lv 1
Hustle ability.. enough said.

Cherry the Drifloon (F)
Lv 15
I waited ages until I could get her at the Valley Windworks, and then she did hardly any damage to anything. Maybe I should raise her since I haev the EXP share.; Drifblim does have that beautiful 150 base HP which would be beautiful in a Nuzlocke.

Next Mark III-B update!

-Chose to battle May first, easily won. Like always, she only sees hearts around me instead of noticing how bad of a battler she is.
-I go back to Route 116, fail to catch another Abra, and then wind up catching Onooki the Impish Nincada
-I return to Mr. Briney's house and sail to Dewford.
-After arriving in Dewford, I head to Granite Cave, where I hope to capture a Makuhita. Instead, I end up catching Boomi the Quirky Geodude... While at first I was disappointed, I looked at Geodude closer and realized he had some potential. So Boomi, the first male of the team, will stay.
-I delivered the letter to Steven, and then continued my training in the Cave.
-Once my team was at an apppropriate level I took to the gym, hoping to survive where I failed last time.
-Frita demolished the trainers, and after a close shave at the beginning against Machop (who got some lucky crits and bulk ups in), she managed to plow through the rest of Brawly's team and won.
-Left the gym satisfied, I deposited Frita, and sailed off to Slateport.
-Did training on the Slateport Beach
-Defeated Team Aqua and delivered the goods.

Kippa the Quiet Marshtomp (F)
Level 17
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Tackle, Mud Shot, Mud-slap, Water Gun
Opinion: While evolution is definitely a boon for Kippa, she did very little this chapter. But her potential for the near future could possibly be unmatched so I have hopes for them.

Deanna the Mild Shroomish (F)
Level 17
Ability: Effect Spore
Moves: Mega Drain, Leech Seed, Stun Spore, Tackle
Opinion: Not much of an opinion yet, she hasn't proven herself. Evolution should help her out a lot by providing her with some punching power.

Beyonce the Docile Whismur (F)
Level 17
Ability: Soundproof
Moves: Astonish, Pound, Uproar
Opinion: Another one who I can't say much about. Her Normal-type STAB leaves some nasty dents, but she is still frail in her first form, and needs evolution to help her out.

Boomi the Quirky Geodude (M)
Level 17
Ability: Rock Head
Moves: Tackle, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Defense Curl
Opinion: The only male, and the perfect nature to match the name, Boomi is a Pokemon I have hope for. Its STABS are promising, and its physical stats are good. While I'll need to patch up some of its other weaknesses, I think Boomi will prove to be a useful member of the team.

Cheyeanne the Naive Zigzagoon (F); Level 2
Opinion: Possibly a backup for Beyonce

Dakota the Hardy Poocheyana (F); Level 2
Opinion: None, she won't be used
Frita the Bashful Beautifl (F); Level 17
Opinion: She has done her job fantastically, and now she will reside in the box. If something awful were to occur, I guess I could pull her out, but I probably wont.
Bila the Mild Marill (F); Level 5
Opinion: With the Huge Power, she has potential, but lacks the movepool. For now is a backup, but is first in line incase Kippa dies.

Onooki the Impish Nincada (M); Level 6
Opinion: With Boomi, this guy has no chance of being used, Wattson shouldn't be too dangerous (I hope).

It looks good, however, my team is still a bit ambiguous. I don't have any real opinions on my team, and since I haven't been in a true bind yet I don't know how it fairs during a hard battle or times of crisis. Hopefully I'll never have to find out though.

I've started a Nuzlocke with Soul Silver today--my first Nuzlocke yet. Here are the current updates:
- First Pokemon in each area only. I don't like the duplicate thing, so I'm doing first each area. This includes the Game Corner. This is after you first get Pokeballs.
- If a Pokemon dies, it gets moved to the Dead Box for updates.
- Nickname your Pokemon. I personally nickname them all anyways.
- Items and Pokemon Centers are allowed, but I can't use Healing Items during Battles (except Ether and Elixir)
- If a Shiny appears, catch it. You cannot let Shinies go, even during Nuzlocke.
- The Togepi Egg can be hatched, but no other eggs can be received and/or hatched.
- Legendaries can be caught, but not used.
- You can trade to evolve a Pokemon, but only for that purpose. Don't trade for your friend's Pokemon--trade to Evolve yours and trade back for it. Since I'm using an actual cartridge, this is no issue to me.
- Battle Style is Shift--might change it to set if I feel relaxed later.
- The final number on the Trainer ID determines Starter Type. 1-3 gets Grass, 4-6 gets Water, 7-9 gets Fire, and 0 is self choice.
- Nuzlocke doesn't go through until you get your hands on some Pokeballs. Thankfully, nothing out of line happened anyways.

Story:

Starting out the game, I named myself, as usual, Shadow. I have noticed that my trainer card ended with a 7, so I was to get Cyndaquil. I personally would've liked Tododile, but the cute Fire Starter will do. I nicknamed him Flame (lame, I know, but still). I go through the typical stuff--defeat some Pokemon and fight my rival. I named Silver after my brother, Bart, because he always focused on strength. Anyways, I get the Pokeballs and my first catch is Kaepora Gaepora the Hoothoot. On the next route, I ran into my Rattata: Dougless, because I got bored with typical names. After a few battles and close calls from Kaepora, the next area pulls up another Hoothoot (skip), so I head for the cave, hoping for Geodude. Instead, I found a Zubat--I called him Batman--which is still relatively useful. I head for the Bellsprout Tower and found my favorite Pre-evo of my favorite Pokemon. I named the Gastly Junior, as usual. I went through and trained my Pokemon and beat Falkner without losing a single Pokemon...though the way I did it was ridiculously luck haxed.
You see, my Pokemon were all lower leveled than Pidgeotto, including my Flame! Instead of using a Pokemon for death-bait, I pulled the luck card on Junior. Hypnosis hit and Curse was activated. When Pidgeotto woke up, it used Roost, so I forced it back into sleep again. Eventually, it fell, and I got the first badge. I received the Egg (not sure what I'll name the Togepi), and went on to the next route, where I found QofThorns (Queen of Thorns, a YuGiOh Card), the Bellsprout. To finish my quest, I went to the Ruins of Alph to get a few items, Level Up Batman once through Unown, and break some rocks to capture a Level 11 Geodude I named Goron. The trail seems simple, but there will be hastle along the way.

Current Team:
QofThorns, the Quiet Bellsprout
Level 6
Ability: Chlorophyll
Held Item: Miracle Seed
- Vine Whip

Flame, the Relaxed Cyndaquil
Level 13
Ability: Blaze
Helt Item: None
- Tackle
- Quick Attack
- Smokescreen
- Ember
Junior, the Quirky Gastly
Level 12
Ability: Levitate
Held Item: None
- Hypnosis
- Lick
- Curse
- Mean Look

Dougless, the Mild (and Female) Rattata
Level 7
Ability: Guts
- Tackle
- Rock Smash
- Quick Attack
- Focus Energy

Batman, the Calm Zubat
Level 8
Ability: Inner Focus
- Leech Life
- Supersonic (how has this hit 10 times in a row and never missed?)

This one Egg that actually will hatch soon! :D

The Good Box of Pokemon:

Kaepora the Lonely Hoothoot (isn't that fitting?)
Level 8
Ability: Insomnia
- Tackle
- Growl
- Foresight
- Hypnosis

Goron the Docile Geodude (also likes to run...without legs?)
Level 11
Ability: Sturdy
- Defense Curl
- Mud Sport
- Rock Polish
- Rock Throw

Dead Box:

None...yet.

Next Episode (update--fine):

The Togepi will be named, more Pokemon will be destroyed, and QofThorns becomes a Cave Explorer's Best Friend...so I must train it!

I started a Diamond Nuzlocke today. Seems to be going well so far, just defeated Mars round 1 with no deaths. Currently running Grotle (level 19)/Staravia (level 14)/Psyduck (level 15)/Zubat (level 14) and they have served me very well so far. My other catches include three Starlies, two Geodudes, a Buizel and a Bidoof. Missed out on some nice potential earlygame stuff like Budew, Machop and Abra, but oh well. I'm feeling good with my current team. Gardenia is pretty much guaranteed to be piss at least.

Update 2: Well, nine hours have been played...three of them likely on Voltorb Flip. I continued my way through after I found Geodude and battled my way to the Old Rod. In the upcoming cave, I made it to the little body of water and hooked a Magikarp, while using my Bellsprout to get through the cave with relative ease. Once out, I prepared my Pokemon for Team Rocket in the Slowpoke Well. We managed through, capturing no new Pokemon yet. My team triumphed against Bugsy and barely blew past Bart, my rival. Oh, and Cyndaquil evolved into Quilava. So far, no casualties, and the Crits are in my favor. Before I hit the forest, Togepi hatched and I named him Eggcellent. He had a Gentle Nature. In the forest, I find a Weedle, catch it, and immediately box it for later training. Queenie is her name and Quirky is her nature. Once we get through and give Rattata Cut, we run into a Drowzee afterwards. After catching and boxing, naming the Hasty thing "Molester" I took to Voltorb Flip and won me a Dratini, whom I took to the Name Rater and named him Argorok, the Jolly Dratini <3. The next are is where I find Igos du Ikana (I.du Ikana), the Bold (and Male) Nidoran. Further training later, I had my first Casualty: Eggcellent lost to a Cubone's Crit Bone...whatever the single attack is. I got a Substitute TM through Voltorb Flip and Fire Blast in the shopping center. Here are the current Pokemon Statuses.

Current Team:

Flame the Relaxed Quilava
Level 17
Item: Oran Berry
- Tackle
- Quick Attack
- Ember
- Fire Blast

Goron the Docile Geogirl <3
Level 19
Ability: Sturdy (wish it was 5th Gen)
Item: Passho Berry
- Defense Curl
- Magnitude
- Rock Polish
- Rock Throw

Argorok the Jolly Dratini <3
Level 18
Ability: Shed Skin
Item: Yache Berry
- Leer
- Thunder Wave
- Twister
- Dragon Rage (so broken)

Sally the Brave Magikarp
Level 16
Ability: Swift Swim
Item: None
- Splash
- Tackle

Junior the Quirky Gastly <3
Level 18
Item: Colbur Berry
- Hypnosis
- Night Shade
- Substitute
- Mean Look

QofThorns the Quiet Bellsprout
Level 14
Item: Miracle Seed
- Vine Whip
- Growth
- Wrap
- Sleep Powder

Boxed Pokemon:

Kaopora the Lonely Hoothoot
Level 8
- Tackle
- Growl
- Foresight
- Hypnosis

Batman the Calm Zubat
Level 8
- Leech Life
- Supersonic (again, how does it keep hitting?)

Queenie the Quirky Weedle
Level 5
- Poison String
- String Shot

Drowzee the Hasty Molest--I mean, Molester the Hasty Drowzee
Level 10
- Pound
- Hypnosis
- Disable
- Confusion

Dougless the Mild Rattata
Level 10
- Bite
- Rock Smash
- Quick Attack
- Cut

Igos du Ikana (I.du Ikana) the Bold Male Nidoran
Level 12
Ability: Rivalry
- Leer
- Peck
- Focus Energy
- Double Kick

Dead:
Eggcellent the Gengle Togepi, Level 15. Good try, ol' boy. Next time, I'll remember to switch you out more...

Whitney is soon after some more training...

Update 3: Defeated Whitney. The only difference is that Goron is level 20 now.

Update:
Odyseus: 2 badges

On Quest (in party):
Charybdis (Marshtomp) Lv 22
Orthrus (Mightyena) Lv 20
Hermes (Zigzagoon) Lv 6 (2 nuggets so far)
Melpomene (Whismur) Lv 8
Sisyphus (Geodude) Lv 9
Scylla (Magikarp) Lv 10

none

Tartarus (dead):
Eros (Wurmple) Lv 4

Fucking zigzagoon keeps popping up as the first pokemon, voiding the route. Just beat may, which is why I ground Orthrus up, as that leaf blade would wreck anything else, luckily it mainly used absorb. Hoping to get at least get something else useful soon, I like mightyena, so I will probably try to keep it on my team, it has intimidate to increase physical bulk.

I just started one of these in B2 yesterday. This is my first Nuzlocke, so I changed a few rules to make the whole thing less frustrating. As of now, none of my pokemon have dies.

~Same basic rules
~IF a wild pokemon is KO'd by a critical hit, and it is the first pokemon that I see in the area, then I can attempt to catch another. (HAX...)
~Same thing if I run out of Pokeballs trying to catch a pokemon
~All of my pokemon must be named within a theme. The theme this time is: Nintendo characters
~Any died Pokemon WILL NOT BE RELEASED so I can use them after I beat the game
~I'm not required to catch duplicates

I'm in Virbank City now, and so far, I have:
Mikau the Oshawott (After the Zora in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)

Tac the Purrloin (After the cat-like thief enemies in Kirby Super Star)

Wiggler the Sewaddle (After the caterpillar enemies in the Mario series)

Duck Hunt the Psyduck (After Nintendo's famous game, Duck Hunt)

Sumia the Pidove (After the pegasus knight from Fire Emblem: Awakening)

Amp the Magnemite (After the electrical orbs from Mario)

WISH ME LUCK!
Come on... that's barely a nuzlocke at all. The whole point of a nuzlocke is to make the game challenging to a point where you can actually lose (which never happens in a normal playthrough).

Personally I think that if you complete a nuzlocke without losing at least a few team members then you're doing it wrong (either there are not enough restrictions, or you are over-leveling or something). Playing on a knife-edge is what makes it fun! That's why I like imposing various item and healing restrictions - it makes the game more tactical, intense and it removes the "oh well I'll just spend 80% of my timing leveling and then just walk over everything with unlimited hyper potions/ a full team that is 5 levels higher than the toughest boss pokemon." Personally, I don't think that brings as much sense of accomplishment.

Update 4:

I have played for about 18 hours total and am a few spaces away from the Lake of Rage. I have kept my Pokemon from dying, with the exception of Togepi, and some of my Pokes are pretty moderately leveled (my highest is Junior the Quirky Haunter at Level 27). Without further ado, the story after Whitney.

After playing Voltorb Flip (and getting to Level 7, the highest level, and beating it three times), I have enough points to either get a TM or, later, Porygon. I'll wait on my decision for now. I trained my Pokemon in the routes ahead and the lighthouse before fighting Morty. Sally the Magikarp evolved into a Gyarados and my heart was afloat after that. I never imagined Sally surviving, but I played my battles safe and managed. Once Junior and Goron evolved into a Haunter and Graveler respectively, I went to Morty. I started with Dratini, which took a Lick and a Mean Look with ease. When against Gengar, I had no choice but to switch to Sally, which took a beating from Shadow Ball. I then switched into Flame, my Quilava, which...for some reason, Gengar used Mean Look on it. A single Fire Blast took it out, thanks to the TM I bought at Goldenrod. The next two Haunters were taken care of by Junior, whom set up a Substitute on their Curse and used Shadow Punch to 2HKO each of them. I received the next badge and went on with my travels. I next travelled to Cinawood (I think that's how you spell it), fought Eusine, and continued to find Chuck (Norris?) and his Gym. The Hitmonlees, Hitmonchans, Primeapes, and Poliwraths were no match to my vastly underleveled Gyarados, Haunter, and Dratini, the MVPs of the Gym, but QofThorns, now a Weepinbell, had some fun against Poliwrath, weakening it and using Sleep Powder for Argorok the Dratini to come in and Dragon Rage for a bit. I received the badge and the Fly HM...which I promtly put it on Kaepora, whom is still Level 8 (I'm not likely to train him). I skipped the medicine (for now), and went on to find the Lake of Rage. No new Pokes were caught and no Shinies found, and many close calls were had, but Crits were made and Pokemon survived, albeit barely. I'm just glad there are barely any users of Sonic Boom, Magnitude, Explosion, and Dragon Rage.

Current Team:

Argorok the Jolly Dratini
Level 25
Held Item: Yache Berry
- Agility
- Thunder Wave
- Twister
- Dragon Rage

Level 26
Held Item: Passho Berry
- Tackle
- Quick Attack
- Fire Blast
- Ember

Goron the Docile Graveler
Level 26
Held Item: Passho Berry
- Rock Smash
- Magnitude
- Rock Polish
- Rock Blast

QofThorns the Quiet Weepinbell
Level 25
- Vine Whip
- Acid
- Cut
- Sleep Powder

Junior the Quirky Haunter
Level 27
Held Item: Colbur Berry
- Confuse Ray
- Night Shade
- Substitute
- Shadow Punch

Sally the Brave Gyarados
Level 25
Ability: Intimidate
Held Item: Wacan Berry
- Splash (must...remove...when I get Waterfall)
- Strength
- Bite
- Surf

PC Pokemon are the same, but Kaepora got Growl replaced with Fly.

Eggcellent the Togepi remains my only dead Pokemon so far...but I bet more to come.

Just beat may, which is why I ground Orthrus up, as that leaf blade would wreck anything else, luckily it mainly used absorb. Hoping to get at least get something else useful soon, I like mightyena, so I will probably try to keep it on my team, it has intimidate to increase physical bulk.
Grovyle doesn't learn Leaf Blade until lv 29

Update 5:

Oh great--lost Molester the Hasty Drowzee during training. These crits are starting to go against me...oh wait, update time!

I decided not to catch the Shiny Gyarados at the Lake of Rage, but rather defeat it in a mirror match using my own Gyarados. I won (surprisingly and barely), took the Red Scale, and went off to see that Lance, the cheating Dragon Trainer (I'm convinced he knows what Game Genie is) and heard his commentary on things. We took out the Rocket Base at Mahogany, but didn't go to that specific gym yet. First, I returned to Cinawood for the medicine and got the EXP Share back from a familiar face...
Once that was done, I took Flame to the Steel Gym, which I think is just as hard as Pryce, and defeating the Steelix in a single Fire Blast, something I've NEVER done before. I was rewarded with the badge and went off to see Baboa at the Safari Zone. On the way, I caught two new Pokemon, one on each route on the way. The first was Ryu the Gentle Machop (if it was Lucario, it'd be more fitting, but whatever). The next was Dandelion the Lonely Hoppip, which evolved immediately after I caught it. I boxed it after realized that it can't learn Fly, having the ScyZard effect with the move. I decided to clear Pryce's Gym up to Pryce himself, then train Ryu up to a Machoke for the battle. I boxed Goron and QofThorns for now to also get Kaepora to a decent level, to which it evolved to Noctowl thankfully. Using some TMs, I gave Junior Taunt, Sludge Bomb, and an early Shadow Ball because it needed a better STAB to abuse. With the tools at hand, I raced to Pryce and almost got a Flame murdered by Piloswine's Mud Bomb. Thankfully, it survived, and proceeded to use Fire Blast on the false mammoth. Dewgong was last, and even though it's a lower level than his Piloswine, it's much more annoying. My first goal was to get its health down low enough for it to use Rest. Sally survived every attack with ease and used Strength to get it to half. I switched in Junior on the Rest and Taunted it to prevent Sleep Talk, as it's the one move that ruined me the last time I played. I could now safely switch Ryu in for some Vital Throws, 2HKOing Dewgong before it did too much damage to him. I was awarded the next badge and Prof. Elm called about Team Rocket in the Radio Tower. I'm resting in the Pokemon Center now, preparing for a long journey to end Team Rocket once and for all.

Oh, and Argorok evolved into Dragonair. Yay!

Current Team:

Sally the Brave Gyarados
Level 28
- Splash (WHERE IS THAT WATERFALL HM?!?!?)
- Strength
- Bite
- Surf (came in handy against Piloswine, surprisingly)

Argorok the Jolly Dragonair
Level 31
Held Item: None (I ran out of Yache Berries)
- Agility
- Thunder Wave
- Twister
- Dragon Rage

Kaepora the Lonely Noctowl (my flyer and that's it)
Level 20
- Tackle
- Fly
- Reflect (not a bad move)
- Hypnosis

Level 31
Held Item: Shuca Berry
- Swift
- Quick Attack
- Fire Blast
- Ember

Level 29
- Taunt
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball

Ryu the Gentle Machoke
Level 28
Ability: Guts (damn it...I wanted No Guard...oh well, Guts is good)
Held Item: Shell Bell (nothing else good yet)
- Focus Energy
- Karate Chop
- Vital Throw (never misses and is slow anyways)
- Seismic Toss (needs coverage move here...)

PC Pokemon remain the same except QofThorns and Goron are in, with Kaepora in the party and Molester in the same graveyard as Eggcellent.

Update 5...on a touchscreen keyboard -_-

Plenty has happened since my last update.

Noctowl has become a great support Pokemon thanks to Reflect. It also gets some offense with Air Slash, which is incredibly awesome. I've yet to find my Platinum/Heart Gold carts for trade evos, so Goron, Ryu, and Junior remain 2nd Stage for now. Ryu and Junior were the stars in the Radio Tower saving. Junior took care of the countless Weezings and Zubats, while Ryu took aim at Raticate with Bite. The two complimented each other well.
There was no trouble until Houndoom...oh dear God...it nearly killed ALL of my Pokemon. Each one in my party was near death and half of them burned. I was so underleveled for it. At the end of the battle, Junior was sitting at 1 HP and was the best choice against Koffing. After that hassle, I healed the Pokemon and attempted some training on two Pokemon: Dandelion the Lonely Skiploom and GiraChomp the Lonely Girafarig. Sadly, they both fell to Horn Attack Crits from incoming Tauros. I then tried the Ice Cave, failing at getting a Remoraid in the previous Route. My luck shined again, for Swinub appeared for the catch! Wookie is an Adamant Swinub--the perfect nature. It made me happy face. A few puzzles and Delibirds later, I went onward and defeated any remaining trainers all the way up to Clair. I'm not ready for her yet, as I'm attempting to go through the Dark Cave for items while going for a Mamoswine as early as Level 34. I also need more game points for Thunderbolt against pesky Gyarados.

Team:

Level 33
Held Item: Shuca Berry
- Swift
- Rock Smash
- Fire Blast
- Cut

Wookie the Adamant Swinub
Level 28
Ability: Snow Cloak
Held Item: EXP Share
- Ice Shard
- Dig
- Endure
- Mud Bomb

Sally the Brave Gyarados
Level 34
- Waterfall
- Strength
- Ice Fang
- Surf

Argorok the Jolly Dragonair
Level 34
Held Item: Quick Claw (out of Yache Berries :/ )
- Aqua Tail
- Thunder Wave
- Twister
- Dragon Pulse

Kaepora the Lonely Noctowl
Level 34
Held Item: Smoke Ball (my typical wild lead)
- Air Slash
- Fly
- Reflect <3
- Confusion

Level 34
- Taunt
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball

PC Pokemon:

Igos du Ikana the Bold Male Nidoran
Level 12
Ability: Rivalry
- Leer
- Peck
- Focus Energy
- Double Kick

Batman the Calm Zubat
Level 8
- Leech Life
- Supersonic

STD the Quirky (and female) Krabby
Level 20
Ability: Shell Armor
- Leer
- Harden
- Bubblebeam
- Mud Shot

Queenie the Quirky Weedle
Level 5
- Poison Sting
- String Shot

Some Geodude for Baboa

Dougless the Mild Rattata
Level 10
- Bite
- Rock Smash
- Quick Attack
- Cut

Goron the Docile Graveler
Level 29
Held Item: Yache Berry (reserved due to pesky Ice Attacks)
- Rock Smash
- Magnitude
- Rock Polish
- Rock Blast

Queen of Thorns the Quiet Weepinbell
Level 27
- Vine Whip
- Acid
- Cut
- Sleep Powder

Ryu the Gentle Machoke
Level 32
Held Item: Choice Scarf
- Focus Punch
- Karate Chop
- Vital Throw
- Seismic Toss

Graveyard:

Eggcellent the Gentle Togepi
Molester the Hasty Drowzee
Dandelion the Lonely Skiploom
GiraChomp the Lonely Girafarig

Update:
Odyseus: 3 badges

On Quest (in party):
Charybdis (Marshtomp) Lv 28
Orthrus (Mightyena) Lv 24
Hermes (Zigzagoon) Lv 6
Heracles (Machop) Lv 20
Ogygia (Lotad) Lv 16
Hephaestus (Numel) Lv 15 (Spelled it correct prior to looking it up)

Demeter (Roselia) Lv13
Scylla (Magikarp) Lv 10
Sisyphus (Geodude) Lv 9
Melpomene (Whismur) Lv 8

Tartarus (dead):
Eros (Wurmple) Lv 4

Starting to flesh out my party a bit finally. Wattson offered no trouble, and I doubt Flannery will either. Heracles might not stay for too long, as I'm not doing trades, so he can only get to machoke.

Oof... Had two very painful deaths on my Diamond run. Hawkeye the Staravia on the way to Celestic (level 32) and Justice the Meditite, surfing on Route 213 while item-hunting (level 34). They've since been replaced by My Balls the Ponyta and Legend the Gyarados, but losing my Fighting type, and potential Fighting user definitely doesn't bode well. The rest of the team is Torterra, Crobat, Golduck and Skuntank, who is a complete fucking boss. Off to Canalave now, and Iron Island, praying for a Steelix.

Starting a HG nuzlocke.
Rules:
-Must catch 1st Pokémon in each area, no 2nd chances.
-If the Pokémon encountered is all ready captured, it doesn't count.
-If a Pokémon faints, it dies and goes in the PC
-If I black out, gg
-Gift Pokémon/ eggs are accepted
-Starter is chosen at random

Starter: Chickorita (Damnit)
Game Over. Damn Falkner. HootHoot Underpowered

Ill speedrun the game now.

Starting a HG nuzlocke.
Rules:
-Must catch 1st Pokémon in each area, no 2nd chances.
-If the Pokémon encountered is all ready captured, it doesn't count.
-If a Pokémon faints, it dies and goes in the PC
-If I black out, gg
-Gift Pokémon/ eggs are accepted
-Starter is chosen at random

Starter: Chickorita (Damnit)
Some useful tips for Chikorita:

Grind like hell, Bayleef is surprisingly tanky for a little bit.
Don't be afraid to use status moves, like Sleep Powder and PoisonPowder.
Don't be afraid to ditch your starter. Sometimes, better options come up (if you do, chuck it in the Daycare to keep its level up).

I was currently doing a run of Pokemon Emerald and it has kind of stalled.

I'm just before Victory Road and I needed to grind. While grinding I encountered a trainer with a Wobbuffet and an Alakazam, with combined killed 5 of my teammates, including my Starter and 3 Bros from the start of the game. I really wanted to rage quit at that moment.

Currently I need to grind several Pokemon (Most of which are from pretty early on and haven't been used for a while) from about LV25 and below up to Elite Four levels. Does anyone know any good grinding spots in Pokemon Emerald?

Operation: Pokemon Black 2 Nuzlocke Starto!

A brand new Nuzlocke has begun and is already on its way. My Soulsilver Nuzlocke is at a boring stage ( Slight grinding for the 8th Gym Leader Claire ) So I decided to do a new Nuzlocke with my own Rules modified. I hope to soon make nice videos of this, but for now they shall be in story format.

Taken Down

The Story So Far
I've finally managed to keep my starter alive this time. :D the
trial started off real rocky though. Kei doesn't know how to not
be hit by critical hits, so every battle from the beginning was a
risky one. We met a good friend, Pulse Fire, while off hunting for
Herdier. Hu and I bonded well during this hunt, and later Kei and
Pulse Fire got the opportunity to teach some of Alder's children
what battling was. This was the end of happy tidings however,
as the battle with Cheren began.

During the fight I foolishly thought that Pulse Fire was bulky
enough to sustain hits from Cheren's well trained Lillipup. I
set my own Pulse Fire up for death, telling him to counter Lillipup's
incoming tackle attack. The hit landed, critically, and down went
Pulse without a chance to even cry out in pain... Kei was weak
from Cheren's Patrat, and nearly died to Lillipup's over powered
tackle attack. Time was ticking and I had no idea what to do, till
Hypnoseekr and Pidgeon both nodded to each other, and walked
out onto the field. They were buying me enough time to heal Kei.
It was noble, but sad as both pokemon died in single hits while Kei
Healed up enough to finish off the Lillipup. 3 death's in one single battle.

After the burial service, Kei and I continued our journey. The walk has
been nice so far, we have not lost another member and we have made
plenty of friends. We stopped by a local hotel down in Castelia city ( after
buying a few cones of course ^-^ ) and are taking a break before braving
the terrifying Desert to come.

Current Amount of Center Visits Left: 3

1) Fainted Pokemon are considered DEAD and must be placed inside the DEAD box
2) Pokemon Center Visits
- Each town visit adds a pokemon center visit availability
- Each Gym leader battle adds 1 more.
- Each First-Pokemon-Per-Route encounter adds another
- Healers found along the way are not subject to these rules
3) First Pokemon encountered via route that you have not caught before may be caught only.
- Exceptions: You find a gift pokemon. If you knew about it, may not capture. If you did not, the pokemon you captured may not exist
4) All captured pokemon must be nicknamed
5) Dead Pokemon may not use HM's
6) If a pokemon needs to trade to evolve, it may evolve 5 levels after reaching that stage

Fluffy the Bold Cottonee Prankster
Met at lv. 15 in Castelia City
MoveSet
Razor Leaf
Leach Seed
Stun Spore
Mega Drain

Holding a Miracle Seed

Roll Out the Relaxed Roggenrola Sturdy
Met at lv. 16 in Relic Passage
MoveSet
Iron Defense
Mud Slap
Headbutt
Rock Blast

Kei the Naive Servine Overgrow
Met at lv. 5 in Aspertia City
MoveSet
Leech Seed
Vine Whip
Leaf Tornado

Return

Pit Pat the Naive Magby Flame Body
Met at lv. 10 in Virbank Complex
MoveSet
Rock Smash
Flame Burst
Clear Smog
Faint Attack
Holding Leftovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)