Challenge Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have more from Platinum.
This is part one of a two-part chapter regarding my adventures in Eterna City. This segment, Part One, deals with my battle with Gardenia and certain other things prior to that. Part Two will be my battles in the Galactic Eterna Building.
Chapter 8: Eterna Endeavors Part One--VS Gardenia
Slam!
"Oh, hey, Rogue! You should really watch where you're going. Did you know there was a Pokemon statue here? Of course you didn't! Come on, I'll show you," Barry said in that spitfire way of his.
When we got there, someone was already admiring the statue. I recognized it as Palkia, the ruler of space and the other of the two founding Pokemon of Sinnoh. Oddly enough, I vaguely recognized the guy standing before the statue, though I couldn't remember where. He seemed to remember me, though. He turned around and saw me, and his eyes widened. He obviously hadn't expected me to see me here, whoever he was.
He seemed to bury his surprise and hide his emotions behind a blank mask. He walked towards us and said coolly, "Pardon me. Step aside."
As he walked away, I could see him talking into a communicating device of some sort, though frankly, I didn't care and it didn't concern me anyway...
...or so I thought.

"He is here," Cyrus spoke into his comm.
"Who?" Jupiter asked.
"The kid who ruined our kidnapping operation in Jubilife and who defeated Mars at Valley Windworks," Cyrus replied. "He is here, in Eterna City. Do what Mars could not and find out more about him. And when the time comes, eliminate him."
Jupiter blanked. "Sir?..."
"Eliminate him," Cyrus repeated firmly. "I have no doubts that you can accomplish this. You have an entire base and all its resources at your command. I await news of your success."
"Yes, sir," Jupiter replied, but Cyrus had already severed communication.

"Hey, Rogue, you know what?" asked Barry.
"What, Barry?" I replied tiredly.
"When we smacked together, I had this revelation..." Yadayadayada. Commence zoning.
"...and if you did that, you'd be the invincible Trainer!"
"Yeah, that's great," I said, still zoning.
"Well, see ya!" And with that, Barry dashed off to who knows where. That was my cue to reenter the world.
As I passed by a strange building covered in barbed wire and satellites, a woman walked up to me. She had insanely long blonde hair and wore all black clothing. Something on my backpack had apparently caught her eye.
"Oh, is that a Pokedex?" the woman asked. "Ah, does that bring back memories." She looked like she had drifted off down Memory Lane. Then she blinked a few times, and said, "Oh, how rude of me. I haven't introduced myself. I'm Cynthia, a Pokemon Trainer like yourself. Recently I've taken a fancy in the legends of Sinnoh, so naturally I had to come check out the Pokemon Statue here in Eterna."
"There's really not much to see," I said.
Cynthia chuckled. "Maybe not, but I need to investigate its connection to the legends of Sinnoh. You see, the statue is of the Spacial Pokemon Palkia, who along with Dialga, the Temporal Pokemon, founded Sinnoh. As such, it is obviously connected to the legends of Sinnoh."
Cynthia looked up at the sky. "Oh, look at the time. I'm afraid I've kept you too long. Well, if you have a Pokedex, you'll need to get to some hard to reach places, no? This might come in handy. It's HM 1, Cut. Use it to cut down small trees."
Cynthia took a deep breath. "Are you taking the Gym Challenge?"
"Yeah, I said.
"Then I expect I'll see you in your travels around Sinnoh. Farewell for now...what was your name?"
"Rogue."
"Rogue...yes. I'll be sure to remember that name. Farewell!"
She was gone.
As was I. I had dashed over to the Eterna Gym at the speed of Barry, where I found a woman in green forest ranger-like clothing. "Hello, I'm Gardenia, this Gym's Leader," she said. "My last challenger was this insanely fast young guy. He told me another challenger was coming. So here I am. I'm assuming you're the guy he was talking about?"
"Yeah. I'm Rogue."
"Great. I'll be waiting for you in the back of the Gym. Don't disappoint me!" and she disappeared into the Gym.
I grabbed my Poke Ball containing Maverick and entered the Gym as well.
It was a gardener's paradise. A large floral clock in the middle, flowers of every sort lining the walls, and fountains spouting up here and there.
I started to walk across the clock, when the advice guy said, "Hey, you can't do that! You gotta walk across on the clock's hands!"
"Oh, yeah?" I challenged. "Watch me not care." I walked across the clock, and I could practically hear the guy fuming.
"Well, that was fast," Gardenia said. "Like I said, I'm Gardenia, a master of Grass-type Pokemon. You think you can beat me? Go ahead and try. I've beaten more Pokemon than you could possibly know."
"Really?" I said. "Beat this--go, Maverick!"
Maverick screeched in triumph as I released it from its Poke Ball. I could see Gardenia pale. She mustered her confidence, and sent out her first Pokemon. "Go, Turtwig!"
So she had a Turtwig...hmm.
"Maverick, Wing Attack!" Maverick flew up to Turtwig and smacked it with its widespread wings. To my surprise, it didn't OHKO. Gardenia was evidently surprised, too. "Turtwig, Sunny Day!" The sun suddenly turned harsh, and Turtwig looked stronger because of it. I didn't really care, though, since the sun doesn't really harm me in this situation.
"Maverick, let's finish this! Wing Attack!"
Gardenia sprayed Turtwig with a Potion. It didn't matter anyway, though, because Maverick KOed it right off this time. Gardenia readied her next Pokemon--"Go, Cherrim!"
She had a Cherrim? Now I see why she used Sunny Day. Cherrim's unique abillity, Flower Gift, raises the Attack and Special Defense of its allies in strong sunlight. Fortunately, in this case, I don't really care. Maverick hits physically, not specially, and Gardenia's Pokemon will be using Special attacks anyway.
"Maverick, Wing Attack!"
"Cherrim, Leech Seed!"
Cherrim survives the attack as well, and manages to get off a Leech Seed. Leech Seed can be a real pain if it's not dealt with, but I figured I could deal with it. Maverick is a boss, after all.
Gardenia fingered her final Poke Ball, then tossed it in the air. "Go, Roserade!"
If anything, that'll be even more annoying than Cherrim. Roserade will be harder to take down, not to mention more powerful. I hoped Maverick could deal with this Pokemon.
"Wing Attack, Maverick!"
"Roserade, use Stun Spore!"
Well, that's annoying. Roserade survives this attack like its two predecessors and incapacitates Maverick with crippling Paralysis. I'll tough it out and, if it proves too much, I'll resort to Bloon.
"Roserade, use Magical Leaf!"
"Maverick, finish this up with Wing Attack!"
Roserade's attack hits home, while Maverick endures a turn of full Paralysis. It's annoying, but I don't think it'll end up costing me the game.
"Roserade, Magical Leaf again!"
"Push on, Maverick! Wing Attack!"
Once again, Magical Leaves whip into Maverick, and like before, Maverick is unable to move. Now I'm really getting annoyed. If this doesn't stop soon, I'll be forced to switch...not to mention the fact that Leech Seed is rapidly draining my health.
"Magical Leaf!"
"Come on, do it, Maverick...Wing Attack!"
As always, Magical Leaf strikes home, but this time Maverick hits through the paralysis, KOing Roserade and winning me the match.
"Yes, we did it, Maverick!" I said happily.
Gardenia seemed happy that we'd won. "Nice job, guys! Great display of endurance and strength! To honor your fantastic win, here's the Forest Badge! It allows the use of the HM Cut outside of battle. And here's a little gift from me--one of my favorite moves, Grass Knot. It does more damage the more the target weighs."
"Haha, thanks!" I said.
"Good luck with your future challenges. I think you have the capability to go far. Farewell!"

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'll probably start a new Crystal or White nuzlocke soon. If I end up starting Crystal, I can provide screenshots of my team at important points in the game in addition to a written story. I would probably be more hesitant to do something for White just because it would be harder to chronicle, but I still may write a narrative. I'll see...

What are good pokemon for beating wattson, im incredibly paranoid about him. I know my Aron can survive a Selfdestruct from voltorb but then he is trapped and magneton can destroy him with shock wave, what should i do?

Constructive advice. What a shame he obviously can't get one due to the fact that Geodude (and Nincada) are the only Ground types available short of Marshtomp before Wattson, which I assume he doesn't have. And Geodude is only available in Granite Cave, in which his catch was obviously Aron.

Thank you for the advice, but luckily voltorb used rollout for whatever reason not selfdestruct wich was what i was really scared of.

Good news: started a Nuzlocke.
Fairly good news: Impish Todile.
Great news: no deaths
Bad news: no badges
Worst news: Adamant Metapod D:
Better than worse news: at least I get a Butterfree!!!

99% Acc Sleep Powder more than makes up for the horrific nature!!

Rofl, I remember getting a Lonely Abra once in a HG run. -.- Worse nature ever for an Abra, with its' worst stat getting boosted. :|

I might try a Nuzlocke, not sure yet. :3

I'm not really a Nuzlocke expert (not even close), but can someone tell me which of these two is more difficult to Nuzlocke on; FireRed or Ruby?

^In my opinion, Ruby is harder to Nuzlocke, but that's just what I think...Norman can be pretty difficult if you're unprepared (Sometimes even if you are).
In other news, I've beaten Fantina and Maylene, and gotten some new team additions (Mainly Jolteon and Porygon2). Anyone have any ideas whether I should keep Porygon2 as it is or evolve it into Porygon-Z? I'm weighing greater bulk against better offenses...

^In my opinion, Ruby is harder to Nuzlocke, but that's just what I think...Norman can be pretty difficult if you're unprepared (Sometimes even if you are).
In other news, I've beaten Fantina and Maylene, and gotten some new team additions (Mainly Jolteon and Porygon2). Anyone have any ideas whether I should keep Porygon2 as it is or evolve it into Porygon-Z? I'm weighing greater bulk against better offenses...
ruby is terrifyingly hard, every gym leader minus Wallace has great tricks up thier animated sleeves.
Gym 1: main pokemon has almost uber level defensive stats
Gym 2: bulk-up and vital throw are lethal
Gym 3: BOOOOOMMMMM. also magnetons 120 base special attack
Gym 4: sunny day and overheat is lethal
Gym 5: you are fighting a pokemon with more attack than groundon 'nuff said
Gym 6: dragon dance isn't fun at all
Gym 7: double battles are hard. if you bring the wrong pokemon you are in for a world of hurt.

also that trainer on route 120 with the milotic in the rain.
Also, fuck zangoose are nigh impossible to train, stupid gem 3 experience groups

Falkner is down!!

Thank Arcesus for 99% Acc Sleep Powder and a Mareep!!

No deaths as of yet. Current team:

Specz the Adamant Butterfree
Fang the Brave Rattata
Gale the Docile Pidgey
Bo Peep the Quirky Mareep
Clair the Impish Totadile
Egg the egg >_>

So my Emerald Nuzlocke failed, and I am very depressed. I dont even feel like finishing the updates to the point of the failure. I'm just going to start a new one... which one should I do? Platinum, Heart Gold, Emerald, or Black?

All you people saying Heart Gold is easy WHITNEY in my scramble I lost all my pokes to her b4 my Gyara cleaned but my pokes were undertrained but still if you're not using healing items you're in for a real catastrophe(and the only fighting type is obtained by a trade)

All you people saying Heart Gold is easy WHITNEY in my scramble I lost all my pokes to her b4 my Gyara cleaned but my pokes were undertrained but still if you're not using healing items you're in for a real catastrophe(and the only fighting type is obtained by a trade)
That is odd....

I just beat Whitney without any casualties...

Flaafy's Static took the lum Berry and I Cotton Spored it.

I then outsped and Paralyzed it with T-Wave. After that, I spammed Charm with my Togepi. Then I sent in Croconaw and Leer spammed.

The. I sent in Raticate to clean up.

Granted, she had 2 Crits: 1 against Togepi, but survived with 1HP. The second was against Croconaw and he had 3HP left.

I used 6 Super potions and 10 Potions.......all that I had.....

Doesn't help that I am broke now D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)