Challenge Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm deciding to do my first Nuzlocke challenge and I need help with the ROM to do it with: Yellow, Crystal, Emerald or FireRed Omega.
If it's Yellow the rules go by:
-Standard Nuzlocke rules (first Pokemon in each route only, fainted Pokemon are released unless I need them for HMs, nicknames)

-Limited healing items used in battle (Maximum 5 HP items, 2 PP items, 5 status items, including Revive)

-No in-game trades

-Duplicates bypass "first encounter" rule

-Gift Pokemon (Lapras, Eevee, Hitmons) do not count

-Legendaries can be caught, but not used (excluding Mewtwo, since it does not matter anyway)

-Mew Glitch (and any other glitch) is illegal

If it's Crystal:

-Standard Nuzlocke rules

-Gift Pokemon do not count

-Duplicates bypass "first encounter rule"

-Legendaries can be caught but not used (Suicune is too cool to pass up lol)

-Limited healing item use

-No in-game trades

-Game is not complete until Red is defeated

If it's Emerald:

-Standard Nuzlocke rules

-Duplicate clause

-No in-game trades

-Legendaries can be caught but not used

-Game is not complete until Steven is defeated

-Battle Frontier is considered wasteland

FireRed Omega:

-Standard Nuzlocke rules

-Duplicate clause

-No in-game trades

-I am excluding the "Game Over" situation in this ROM since this hack modified crits to occur more often and those SUCK!

-Legendaries can be caught but not used

-Game is not complete until every hacked-in Trainer and Pokemon League are defeated

Rule suggestions are appreciated!
If you choose to do Yellow Version w/no gift mons, then you would be advised to have AmnesiaLax and a Starmie w/Twave. This time around they decided to do an insane level jump after the fourth gym, and Sabrina has all Level 50 Pokemon...including Alakazam. That thing can seriously fuck you up if you're unprepared.
If it gets paralyzed, it's crit ratio is effectively destroyed. So you would want to send in something that can take a hit, and paralyze it (Starmie is the best choice, if you can get one). Then send in death fodder, so that Snorlax can get a safe switch-in. Use Amnesia, then sweep. Hope that helped somewhat.
Pokemon FireRed Omega is rather obscure, but Haydunn does have a video series of it if you don't plan to do a blind run.

Hey Im trying my first Nuzlocke ever on fire red, and Im down on my luck, I just lost my starter and all I have is a pidgey before I go into Mt. Moon. So I have a questions:

Is one allowed to level grind because... there is no way in hell pidgey is going to beat Geodudes if I don't level grind a ton.

Deleted User 163120

Banned deucer.
Hey Im trying my first Nuzlocke ever on fire red, and Im down on my luck, I just lost my starter and all I have is a pidgey before I go into Mt. Moon. So I have a questions:

Is one allowed to level grind because... there is no way in hell pidgey is going to beat Geodudes if I don't level grind a ton.
I've completed a FireRed Nuzlocke, if you like, I could post up what my final team looked like? Not sure if that's allowed here so clarification would be appreciated.

I did a hell of a lot of grinding when I did it. I think it's perfectly ok to grind, cause it depends on the rules you set yourself before starting.

@Rai13: Sure, you can post your final team

@Scarfwynaut: Level grinding is alright, just as long as its not overkill. Like having a level 30 Pigeotto to take on Misty's level 20 team would be overkill. So use good judgement and you should be fine

Double post, sorry, my next update for my Emerald Nuzlocke Mark II is up

Route 111, Mauville City & Route 110 - Left Lavaridge and headed to the desert. There I captured the Tiny the Trapinch (M), and then captured Sandman the Sandshrew (M) from the Mirage Tower and took the Claw Fossil. Gave Tiny the EXP. Share, because we all know that training a Trapinch is awful, and defeated the trainers in the desert. Next I stopped in Mauville, went to the game corner after getting the Coin Case, and got myself the TM13 Ice Beam. Without even waiting I used it on Margarita, finally she will be slightly useful. Then went to the Trick House and defeated more trainers.
Jagged Pass & a Pokemon Centre - Trained Jupiter & Chopper to level 33, and Toadette to level 30. Then headed to the Pokemon Centre, traded Chopper, and evolved him into Machamp.
Petalburg City - I had already previously beaten the Gym Trainers while leveling up Tiny and Jupiter, and headed straight for my father.

Trainer Severus vs. Gym Leader Norman

Trainer Severus' Team:

VS.​

Gym Leader Norman's Team:

So, this is a battle that I always fear. Norman's team is very powerful and possesses levels on par with mine. Looking at my team, the main players of this battle will be Jupiter and Chopper, both having the strongest Fighting moves on the team. With that in mind, I plan to just nuke Norman with poweful Fighting STABs until his team is defeated.​

VS.

In all honesty, I had always thought Norman led with Linoone, so this took me by surprise. Unfortunately, because Spinda packed Teeter Dance and Dizzy Punch, I couldnt risk setting up a Bulk Up and sweeping like I did against Flannery. But, I did know I could outspeed, so with that I mind launched a Double Kick.​

Jupiter used Double Kick. Hit 2 Times. The foe Spinda Fainted!! Gym Leader Norman sent out Vigoroth!!

VS.

So first round of the match went very well, as Spinda was taken out and managed to do absolutely nothing. But now Vigoroth stood in my way, and I knew from experience that they were fast, strong, and pretty bulky. But not wanting to risk a wasting a turn on switching, I clicked Double Kick again.​

The foe Vigoroth used Slash. Jupiter used Double Kick. Hit 2 times

VS.

Vigoroth literally survived with only 1HP left. Not only that, Slash had done a decent junk of damage to Jupiter. The only light here was that I knew Norman would use a Hyper Potion. Capitalizing on the opportunity, I used Double Kick Again.​

Gym Leader Norman used a Hyper Potion. Jupiter used Double Kick. Hit 2 times.

VS.

Again, I brought Vigoroth down to extremely low HP. But with that Hyper Potion gone, I knew that the longevity of Normans following Pokemon would be severly cut. I also knew that Gym Leaders never seem to use 2 potions on one of thier Pokemon. Better yet, during Jupiter's grinding he learned a new move, one that I planned to use now to take this round.​

Jupiter used Quick Attack. The foe Vigoroth fainted!!! Gym Leader Norman sent out Linoone!!

VS.

Good ol' Linoone enters the battle field now, and like Vigoroth, I know it possesses good attack and speed that outclasses my own. However, Linoone always leads with Belly Drum, meaning I could KO with Double Kick and not take any damage this round. So banking on this mentallity, the o-so-useful Double Kick was used again.​

Foe Linoone used Belly Drum. Foe Linoone cut its own HP to max its Attack. Jupiter used Double Kick. Hit 1 time. The foe Linoone fainted!! Gym Leader Norman sent out Slaking!!

VS.

Now the big hitter comes out, Slaking, the King of the Normal types. My biggest issue with Slaking isnt his massive attack or bulk, or even his unreal speed, its Focus Punch. A few of my Pokemon can take a Facade, but none can take Focus Punch. And if I were to switch, it would be a death wish. So praying, I hit Double Kick once more.​

The foe Slaking used Facade. Jupiter fainted!!! Severus sent out Chopper!!

VS.

... ... ... Hold on, I need to pick up the pieces of my heart. Jupiter was my first, my best, my favorite, Pokemon. I had been through everything with Jupiter, and now he was dead. Worse yet, he was my first one lost, making the blow that much worse. I have failed my best friend, and I can never make it up to him. Chopper came out now, seeing his friend fall, and was thirsty for revenge. I knew Slaking would be loafing around now, and I seized the opportunity to lower Slakings defensed with Leer.​

Foe Slaking is loafing around. Chopper used Leer. Foe Slaking's Defense fell.

VS.

That done, the next move for me seemed like a now brainer. Not wanting to risk a Focus Punch I quickly kicked Karate Chop and waited to see the carnage.​

Chopper used Karate Chop. It's Super Effective. The foe Slaking used Counter. Chopper Fainted!! Severus sent out Toadette!

VS.

Shit, fuck, shit, fuck, fuck you Norman!!! Outside I am cursing, inside I am crying. My two best Pokemon are now dead, for good. I had completely forgotten about Counter, and now I payed the price. Slaking is too powerful, and now things just became that much more personal. Seeing red, I went for Mach Punch, hoping for the KO.​

Toadette used Mach Punch. It's Super Effective. Foe Slaking is Loafing around.

VS.

Shit, again, he survived. With only about 10HP. I know that a Hyper Potion is coming again, so I just Mach Punched again.​

Gym Leader Norman used Hyper Potion. Toadette used Mach Punch. Its Super Effective

VS.

Unsurprisingly, the Hyper Potion was used, and Mach Punch did just under a 2HKO, oh how I wish Breloom had Technician this generation. With nothing left to do I Mach Punch again.​

Toadette used Mach Punch. It's Super Effective. Foe Slaking is loafing around.

VS.

Well... that was a surprise. I had really thought Slaking could attack and KO again. Thank god he couldnt. Finally in KO range, I used Mach Punch again, praying that Norman didnt have another Hyper Potion.​

Toadette used Mach Punch. It's Super Effective. Foe Slaking fainted!! Trainer Severus won!!

Continuations in Petalburg - After recieving my badge, Wally's father showed up, saying something about having a gift. He gave HM04 Surf. Not waiting again, I taught it to Margarita, further increasing her usefulness. Sadly, I went to the Petalburg Pokemon Centre, deposited the dead, withdrew Noomnooms the Numel, healed my crippled team, and sadly watched as the game saved.​

Toadette the Breloom (F)
Level: 30
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Effect Spore
Moves: Mach Punch, Headbutt, Mega Drain, Leech Seed
Opinion: Toadette is now my most accomplished member of the team, making her effectively the team leader. After the disasters of the battle with Norman, the burden of the Nuzlocke falls squarely on her shoulers. Packing a good attack, good moves, good typing, and good stats, she will have to guide my team through these dark times.

Margarita the Lombre (F)
Level: 29
Nature: Rash
Ability: Swift Swim
Moves: Ice Beam, Surf, Bullet Seed, Fake Out
Opinion: Margarita is now the oldest member of the team, but has unfortunately been saddled with the LVP status for most of the game so far, and thus was not allowed to become the team leader. With the swift turn around of in her movepool however, she will soon become a force to be reckoned with. Now boasting the most powerful and best coverage on the team, she will soon blow through foes like I had planned for her to do.

Kearra the Manectric (F)
Level: 30
Nature: Rash
Ability: Static
Moves: Quick Attack, Tackle, Spark, Thunder Wave
Opinion: Kearra is still as powerful as everm unfortunately her lack of coverage and lack of useful type advantages over the course of the last few chapters has severly hampered her usefulness throughout these past few chapters. Soon she will acquire Flamethrower and Thunderbolt, helping ease these issues with type coverage, and with Winona waiting in the future, she will ahve her chance to shine soon enough.

Tiny the Trapinch (M)
Level: 26
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Arena Trap
Moves: Sand Tomb, Rock Smash, Bite, Sand-Attack
Opinion: Its a Trapinch, and a Trapinch is pretty bad. All the levels Tiny has gained was from EXP. Sharing. But hopefully when evolution comes Tiny will gain some usefulness.

Noomnooms the Numel (F)
Level: 16
Nature: Serious
Ability: Oblivious
Moves: Ember, Tackle, Growl
Opinion: As most people can agree too, after the Torchic line, the Numel line is the best in terms of Fire-types available in game. Meant to take the place of Jupiter (an impossible task), Noomnooms is a mixed bag. I have never used a Numel, and have no idea how she will fair. I just hope she will survive to pull her weight.

Georgina the Poocheyena (F); Lvl 3​

Entre the Beautifly (M); Lvl 16​

Ino the Nincada (F); Lvl 6​

StevePerry the Whismur(M); Lvl 6​

Flapper the Zubat (M); Lvl 7​

??? (forgot a nickname) the Oddish (M); Lvl 13​

Freighter the Torkoal (F); Lvl 15​

Disappoint the Spinda (M); Lvl 14​

Cloudia the Swablu (F); Lvl 16

Helios the Solrock (-); Lvl 14
Sheala the Linoone (F); Lvl 28
Sandman the Sandshrew (M); Lvl 20​

Jupiter the Combusken (M)
Levels: 5-33
Killed By: Slaking's Facade
Achievements In Life: Being a steadfast team leader and completely soloing Flannery's entire team.​

Chopper the Machamp (M)
Levels: 20-33
Killed By: Slaking's Counter
Achievements In Life: Weakening Slaking with Leer so Toadette could finish the battle.​

It's obvious that from my current team and the shocking additions to the The Dead category, my team is in pretty bad shape. The loss of Jupiter was the biggest blow, as his usefulness would know no bounds in the future. The loss of Chopper was also a blow, as his bulk and power were great assets to the team. Without this powerful duo, my fighting core has become diminished, and my power payload has been dropped. With Toadette, Kearra, and Margarita carrying the team, the future no longer looks as bright as it once did.​

Deleted User 163120

Banned deucer.
Cheers. I only had 2 Pokemon die throughout which was something of an achievement for me. These levels were upon completing the Sevii Islands (Or at least, reaching the end of Seven Island).

DrMewThree
Level 56 - Male

RandomHero
Level 56 - Male

Venomous
Level 56 - Male

Wraffy
Level 57 - Female

Yoshi-Cute
Level 57 - Female

TheInsider
Level 55 - Male

Dead

Sir Bowser (Died on S.S Anne Level 22)

D-Mash (Died in Silph Co Level 35)

Has anyone Nuzlocked Black/White 2 on Challenge Mode? If so, any thoughts?

Also, about to face the Elite 4 in an HGLocke and, amazingly - no deaths so far. NOCTOWL FOR THE WIN.

My issue is that all my friends chose White 2 while I chose Black 2, so I have to wait until I get White 2 to Nuzlocke on Hard Mode.

Any recommendations for that, by the way? I assume Oshawott is the best starter.

Posting a Yellow Nuzlocke update (for the 1 or 2 people that end up reading it....but it's kind of interesting, and the nicknames are pretty good), now with 6 badges.
This is split up into four short parts: the rules, the team, some adventure tidbits, and the nicknames of the Pokemon sitting in my reserve box.

The rules:

1. Only catch first encounter of each new route
2. Nickname each Pokemon
3. If they faint, the die. No revives.
4. Battle Style is on "Set"
5. Gift Pokemon are legal to use, as long as they are the first and only Pokemon received in that area.
6. Every single trainer in Kanto must be defeated
7. Only 5 HP heals per battle, but status healers (burn heal, etc.) get unlimited uses
8. Duplicates do not bypass the 'first encounter' rule
9. No legendary Pokemon
10. No glitches of any kind may be exploited

The team:

"Lighter", Level 50
- Slash
- Dig
- Flamethrower
- Fly

"Thor", Level 50
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Pin Missile
- Agility

"Aquamarine", Level 46
- Surf
- Recover
- Psychic
- Light Screen

"Mike Moore", Level 37
- Surf
- Amnesia
- Rest
- Body Slam

"Neato King", Level 36
- Rock Slide
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Double Kick

"Dougie", Level 18
- Scratch
- Growl
- Magnitude
- Cut

ADVENTURE TIME:
- Diglett is only in there b/c he was the first thing I had that could learn Cut. I've had him since Surge, and just never let go of him. You need Cut EVERYWHERE in Kanto.
- Level grinding is time-consuming because no one in Kanto has any Pokemon above level 30 except in gyms :/
- However, it's worth it b/c I'm more prepared for the overlevelled E4 and my team isn't totally wiped out by Sabrina
- Penusaur, my Ivysaur, died at Level 31 in Koga's gym. He died at full health to a critical hit from a Sandslash's Slash. We will never forget you, always whipping people in the face and sowing your seeds everywhere.
- Every Rare Candy I find I use right on the spot. There's no point in saving them, they'll all be used eventually.
- Sabrina was not as bad as I thought it would be. Led with Jolteon, OHKOd Abra no problem. Kadabra came out...got it into yellow health w/Thunderbolt, but it got back to full with a first turn Recover. Then I hit it with Pin Missile, which knocked it into red health, and the bitch hit me with a crit Psywave or w/e and lowered my Special. Easy kill on the next turn, though I faced a difficult situation when faced with Alaka. Hoping to move first, I shot out a Twave, hoping to PAR it b4 its crit rampage could start. Everything worked as planned. I was going to switch to Zard, but then it uses Barrier (or Reflect, dont remember), and an X Defend. This would have been a fuckload of trouble if I came in underlevelled. All I had to do was weaken it with Tbolt, and when it got to yellow, I switched in Zard and finished it with a critical from Slash.
- I really wanted a Starmie, since the lack of Venusaur means I would have trouble with Giovanni and Bruno (an no good Blizzard user for Lance). I had four chances to get it: Route 19, 20, 21, and Seafoam. The first three I hooked a Tentacool on the Super Rod, no good (although I did catch one of them). So with one chance left, I sprayed on some Super Repel, and headed into the Seafoam cave. When I got to the water area on the third basement floor, I fished, hoping not to get a Krabby. Even a Seel would be nice. Well, my first encounter was a FUCKING LEVEL 40 STARYU! #awesomelife.
- I dont know if I have the time to get a fifth guy up to level 50, but it's worth a try

Have to go now, so for he last part, here's just the best nicknames: Hard-on the Geodude, Weed the Oddish (it's the ;weed pokemon;, after all), Swagnemite the magnetmite.

Also: Houdini the Drowzee, and NeatoQueen the Nidoran-F

M. Rock: Cool story bro. Your team looks pretty solid.
Also lol Oddish--I had an Oddish a while back that was nicknamed Pot (Y'know, pot...weed...).
I other news that actually involves me, I don't have the final part of my E4 challenge done yet (Which is sad since it's really short), but I'll probably edit with it later tonight.

I want to do a Nuzlocke again... Pearl, Heart Gold, Black, and Black 2 are the games I can choose from, I'll take the first suggestion that comes around. All games will follow this set of rules in addition to some tailored to each individual game.
1.) Every Pokemon must be nicknamed if possible to do so.
2.) If a Pokemon faints it must either be released, boxed permanently, transferred away, or traded for a Pokemon that will be immediately released.
- Battle Tower, PWT, and similar services ignore this rule.
3.) Only the first wild Pokemon you encounter in an area can be captured.
- If you own or have owned a member of that Pokemon's evolutionary family, you can take the next Pokemon that you encounter in the area instead.
- If the screen has to reload or the available wild Pokemon change, it qualifies as a new area (this does not apply to different terrain or grass types)
- If you currently own and can use a Pokemon you are able to treat it as fainted in order to exchange it for a member of its evolutionary family found in the wild while bypassing this rule.
- Legendaries are legal so long as capturing one does not violate conditions previously listed; if capturing one does violate those conditions you can still do so, but the Legend is treated as if it were fainted. If a Master Ball is used to capture a Legendary, the Legendary is treated as if it were fainted.
-Shiny Pokemon and Roaming Legendaries ignore this rule (though Master Balls still cannot be used on a roaming legendary without it being treated as fainted).
4.) Breeding, Gift Pokemon, in game trades, and Egg swaps with other cartridges are legal. Breeding can only be done with Pokemon that are not fainted, and all other interactions interaction with other cartridges are limited by other rules.
- Evolution trades can only be performed after the fourth badge is obtained, if the Pokemon in question is at least 15 levels from its previous evolution, and if all resources required to evolve are provided by the cartridge involved in the Nuzlocke.
- As soon as trade is possible the starter must be replaced by a level one Pokemon chosen by the first person to make a suggestion. This Pokemon will be provided through trade and must be able to be caught or otherwise obtained in one of the games I own. If the Nuzlocke is in a Gen4 game it is limited to what I can obtain in Pearl or Heart Gold.
- all other forms of Multi-cartridge play are banned.
- Event Pokemon are banned.
5.) Revives, Repels, and all items with similar effects are forbidden.
6.) The run ends if all of your Pokemon are considered fainted. A fainted Pokemon can be used for HMs (and HMs only) if (and only if) you have no Pokemon (other than fainted ones) that can use an HM required to proceed further when it is required. The fainted Pokemon is to be returned to the PC or wherever it may go as soon as the HM is no longer needed or a Pokemon that isn't fainted can learn the HM in question.
7.) All rules come into effect only after the Pokedex is obtained.
8.) A maximum of four Shieldon can be revived
9.) The Safari Zone can only be used once, however other than Pokemon that are part of an evolutionary you have owned a member of you can catch as many Pokemon in the Safari Zone as you want.
10.) The run ends once Cynthia has been defeated

8.) Only three Pokemon can be imported from the Pokewalker, all that follow those three are to be considered fainted. The Pokewalker is otherwise legal
9.) The Bug Catching Contest can only be performed once (or rather all Pokemon obtained in it after your first completion are considered fainted), but there are no restrictions to what can be captured.
10.) The run ends once Red has been defeated

8.) Dream World and Petilil are forbidden
9.) The final battle with N will not result in any Pokemon being considered fainted unless you loose that battle (because N cares more about Pokemon than himself, he heals your team immediately after the battle if you win, and you need all the help you can get against Ghetsis).
10.) The run ends once Alder has been defeated and all the sages have been located.

8) Memory Link and Challenge mode are to be used as soon as possible.
9.) Dream World, Dream Radar, and Petilil are forbidden.
10.) The run ends once Iris has been defeated the second time and Cheren, Bianca, and Colress have been defeated after the Pokemon League

Hello Smogon. I have been lurking on the site for around a year or two, and I have finally decided to make an account. To kick off my hopefully long membership, I have decided to do a nuzlocke. I will be doing a pokemon emerald randomizer nuzlocke. The randomizer is a java file, and look it up because I'm not telling anyone how to get it. Most of the rules are the ones in the OP, execpt unlimited healing items and pokecenter visits. Also, randomized legendaries are allowed, but scripted legendaries are not. Be warned, though, that Mew will NEVER obey you. If you see it as a starter, DO NOT pick it. I will get this started tomorrow.

Okay so now I am facing quite the quandry:

I beat Giovanni and got the 8th badge, then went right to fight my rival. One of my Pokemon died when fighting the rival, so normally this Pokemon would be considered gone. However, at the Pokemon Center I accidentally hit the Num Lock key (or w/e key it was) with my pinky and it reset my game (I'm using the bgb emulator). Now I'm back outside the Viridian Gym.
So what do I do? Is the Nuzlocke now totally invalid? Should I just release that one Pokemon anyway? Or can I continue like nothing happened?

What DEMo said. It's probably easiest just to continue as if nothing happened...it kinda ruins the Nuzlocke but oh, well. If you can, try to recreate everything you did before, but that's near impossible...so just continue.
As usual, I didn't actually get the final part up, so this time I won't make any promises. But I can try...

You can continue, or simply try to emulate what happened before the reset to the best of your abilities. You dont have to reset the whole thing
That actually won't be that tough. I just have to go through Giovanni's gym, and have my Charizard die during the rival battle. Not a problem at all, in fact as long as Starmie and Jolteon are alive the E4 shouldn't be too bad. And the plus is that there's one less thing to train and focus on.

Alright, let's get this started. I will use this post as my base of operations, so if anyone reads this, I am letting you know that all future episodes will be in this post. And so it begins.

"Hi! Sorry to keep you waiting!"

Yeah, yeah, yeah I've heard this before, just get on with already Professor Bitch, er, Birch I mean. And where did you get that Lotad? Eh, whatever. Birch, I don't think that laser eye surgery helped at all, maybe you should get a real doctor, not some guy who put an ad in the back of a magazine. Are you sure you don't have Alzeihmers? Do you remember anyone's name? I mean, seriously, you could at least try. If I have to tell you, my name's Hax0r, and don't forget it this time.

Why am I in the back of a truck? OMG, either I've been sold by the drug cartels, or scary men are goings to do bad things to me! Breathe Hax0r, breathe, I'm sure there's at least one gun or something in here. Alright, I've had a nice five second life in the back of a truck, so might as well face my death like a man. ... MY MOM PUT ME IN OUR MOVING TRUCK?! Are you shitting me? What mom, is your fucking Fifty Shades of Grey more important than me you stupid bitch! If I wasn't forced by plot to go through this... Damn those are big Vigoroths. Isn't this technically animal abuse? Anyway, Mom I don't want to set my clock. Fine I'll go do it. I think I'll check my PC first though. Who put this potion in my PC? Eh, probably left here by the last drug dealer who lived here. As long as I'm not the one it's used on.

Now to set my clock. My room's great, but that still doesn't make up for the fact that you stuck me in a fucking truck. What now Mom? Oh cool, my dad thats only in this series, er, I mean who's a gym leader. maybe I'll go meet him later. Great, it's over, thanks a lot for nothing. Fine, I'll meet the professor Mom. I assume you're Mrs. Bitch, er, Birch? That's nice. A daughter, huh, cool, I'll see if she wants my number. Oh poke ball, must have! What, I wasn't stealing it, I swear. Oh you just want to know my name, it's Hax0r. So what's your name? May, huh, glad to meet you to. I,i,i,i,i,i,i,i,i,i,i,i,i...(goddamn this bitch is stupid. So much for that I guess. So you have to help your dad catch pokemon, yet you're sitting at your PC. Genius. Random Fat Guy:The power of science is staggering. WRONG, It's the power of technology is incredible. Get on my level. Hello, little girl, what's wrong? Scary pokemon, huh, I'll check it out. H-Help Me! OMG, he's getting his leg eaten by a Zigzagoon. FAILURE. Fine, might as well see what's in the balls. First is Barboach. Not bad, but what else? Next is Blastoise. Better than Barboach, but last is Cascoon. Cascoon sucks, and barboach is meh, so Blastoise it is. You were getting mauled by a L2 Zigzagoon, damn you're weak. And it's dead. You're welcome btw. And when did my father meet you? Thanks for the Blastoise though. So I will name you Shelley. You want me to meet May, cool, I'll go find her.

Anyway, leggo May. I faced her down on the field of battle. She had a look of determination on her face, and out from her pokeball sprang a L5 Treecko. I sent out Shelley, and they locked eyes. Shelley launched a mighty tackle attack for the 3HKO, and so he launched another one. However, the second scored a critical hit, which hit Treecko at its weak point, knocking it out. How does May have an extensive history as a trainer while only having a Treecko? At least she gave me Pokeballs. So Shelley has a brave nature. Could be worse. Anyway, I'm gonna start this nuzlocke officially. Ohai Mom, what is it? The running shoes, thanks! This is definitely better. Anyway, first pokemon on Route 101 is Machop. Well, I can't trade, but he can't be all that bad as a Machoke. And this Machop shall be named Black Belt. Jolly Machop is beautiful, and that's definitely a great nature with Guts as an ability. Lugia as a second pokemon, but all it can do at this level is whirlwind, so I don't care. Alright, guys, let's go to the next routes. On Route 103, I find a Weedle. Fuck. I forgot to name you my new Weedle, so you shall go without a name. Ohai apron guy, you work at the PokeMart? Thanks for the free potion, I'm sure I'll need it later. 3 Potions and seven Pokeballs my good sir, thank you. On Route 102 my find is a Dewgong, which isn't horrible. And I have my third member, Manatee the Dewgong.

Alright, guys that's the first episode, and here's the team.

Shelley the Blastoise Lv.6

Torrent
Brave Nature
Tackle
Tail Whip
Bubble
Withdraw

Black Belt the Machop Lv.2

Guts
Jolly Nature
Low Kick
Leer

Manatee the Dewgong Lv.3

Thick Fat
Calm Nature
Headbutt
Growl
Icy Wind
Aurora Beam

Boxed

Weedle Lv. 3

Last time we left off, our hero had obtained a Blastoise, and caught a Dewgong and Machop for his team. We now resume, heading on to Petalburg City.

Now let me think, oh yeah, I gotta go to Petalburg to meet my dad. Looks like there are some trainers on this route, might as well battle 'em. Calvin huh. Is your last name Harris by any chance? No, aw. So all you have is a Poochyena. Whatever. That was fast. Bug catchers are always weird, thinking their bug pokemon are the shit. Man, are all you trainers horrible? I hope I find someone worthy of my power soon. Well Lass, you sucked too. Hi dad. Do you know Mom stuck me in the back of our moving truck? What do you mean you don't care? Sigh, my family is really weird. Yes, I will become a trainer like you. And who are YOU? Nah, jk, whadya want? And why did you loan him a Zigzagoon and give him a Pokeball dad? My own father treats random strangers better than me, that's comforting. You found a RALTS?! And you caught it with your first Pokeball? Go fuck yourself Wally. So you want me to go to Rustboro to start collecting badges, huh. That sounds like fun. Who are you exactly? Who the fuck do you think you're dissing. Yay new route. Hopefully I find something good. CHARMANDER!!! MUST HAVE!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why Manatee, why? Fuck it, I'm gonna destroy this fisherman. I'm gonna destroy this youngster too. Oh, you're a lady? What do you only make pornos with rich guys. Damn I'm pissed. Petalburg Forest better have something better than a Charmander. Of course I find a Whorebyss when I want something cool. Y'know what, Fuck it. I'm gonna fucking sleep here for the night and no one can tell me otherwise.

Team

Shelley the Blastiose Lv.9

Torrent
Brave Nature
Tackle
Tail Whip
Bubble
Withdraw

Black Belt the Machop Lv. 8

Guts
Jolly Nature
Low Kick
Leer
Focus Energy

Manatee the Dewgong Lv. 8

Thick Fat
Calm Nature
Headbutt
Growl
Icy Wind
Aurora Beam

Whorebyss the Gorebyss Lv. 5

Swift Swim
Impish Nature
Whirlpool

Boxed

Weedle Lv. 3

Well, I'm done raging, so time to clear out Petalburg Forest. Think I'll give Whorebyss some training. Why do you want a Shroomish? None of my business I guess. Team Aqua huh? Can I join? Oh, you wanna beat this guy up for research papers? Nah, I'll just beat the shit out of you instead. I'VE GOT NERVE! GO FUCK YOURSELF! Well, now that I've cleared out the forest, I'll go see what's happening in Rustboro. But first, to beat up on all the trainers. Alright, time to see what I'll find on the new routes. Alright, Route 116, gimme something good. Feraligatr? Cool, but I really don't need water types right now. Chompers, welcome to the team. I'll clear out the route before I go further. Alright, wonder what I'll find in this cave. Staryu? Come on, enough with the water types already. Alright, I think I'll rest up for today.

Team

Shelley the Blastiose Lv.10

Torrent
Brave Nature
Tackle
Tail Whip
Bubble
Withdraw

Black Belt the Machop Lv.10

Guts
Jolly Nature
Low Kick
Leer
Focus Energy

Manatee the Dewgong Lv.10

Thick Fat
Calm Nature
Headbutt
Growl
Aurora Beam
Icy Wind

Whorebyss the Gorebyss Lv.10

Swift Swim
Impish Nature
Whirlpool
Confusion

Chompers the Feraligatr Lv.9

Torrent
Naughty Nature
Scratch
Water Gun
Rage
Leer

Staryu Lv.8

Natural Cure
Lonely Nature
Tackle
Harden
Water Gun

Boxed
Weedle Lv.3

Alright, Roxanne, I'm coming for you with my five water pokes, as well as my one fighting poke. Time to get destroyed Gym trainers. Alright, Roxanne, leggo. Oh, so you're a teacher, then this'll be easy. We entered the ring, she led off with a L12 Geodude, and I led off with Manatee the Dewgong. Aurora Beam was launched as a giant ring blast, and it OHKOd her Geodude. Being that I want all my team members to be equal level, I think I'll bring in Gorebyss to fight her other Geodude. Whirlpool trapped her Geodude, and now I'll go for the kill. Nosepass will be harder, so I will use Chompers. After repeated Water Guns, it finally died. So, this badge increases my Pokemon's Attack stat, huh? Cool. Thanks for Rock Tomb and the badge. Man, did that Aqua Grunt really cut off that worker's balls. Ugh. Oh, he has the Devon Goods, not your ball sac. Alright, I'll go get him for you. Hey, an old man. Wonder what he wants. Who's Peeko? Fine, I'll go fight the grunt. Oh, so you want me to come at you? I will bro. Come on, you only trained your Poochyena four levels. Lol, umad that I beat your ass. Her life? Damn, are you overdramatic. I think I'll go to bed in the Pokemon Center.

Shelley the Blastiose Lv.11

Torrent
Brave Nature
Tackle
Tail Whip
Bubble
Withdraw

Black Belt the Machop Lv.11

Guts
Jolly Nature
Low Kick
Leer
Focus Energy

Manatee the Dewgong Lv.11

Thick Fat
Calm Nature
Headbutt
Growl
Aurora Beam
Icy Wind

Whorebyss the Gorebyss Lv.11

Swift Swim
Impish Nature
Whirlpool
Confusion

Chompers the Feraligatr Lv.11

Torrent
Naughty Nature
Scratch
Water Gun
Rage
Leer

Orb Eye the Staryu Lv.10

Natural Cure
Lonely Nature
Tackle
Harden
Water Gun
Rapid Spin

Boxed
Weedle Lv.3

Before I get into the persona of my character, I just want to let everyone know that I did everything up to and including beating Flannery, meaning I have to fight Norman next. Also, Black Belt the Machop, Chompers the Feraligatr, and Orb Eye the Staryu died. I'm sure I forgot others, but thats who I remember. Actually, I just remebered I lost Manatee the Dewgong as well. Here's the team before I actually start the update:

Shelley the Blastoise Lv 25
Torrent
Brave Nature
Water Gun
Tackle
Bite
Rapid Spin

Not Water the Dragonite Lv 25
Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
Steel Wing
Rock Tomb
Thunder Wave
Dragon Rage

Big Bird the Pidgeot
Keen Eye
Mild Nature
Gust
Quick Attack
Whirlwind
Double Team

AAAAAAAAAA the Mantine(wasnt feeling creative) Lv 25
Water Absorb
Bold Nature
Bubblebeam
Bubble
Supersonic
Take Down

Annoyance the Blissey Lv.16(will probably be healfodder)
Natural Cure
Modest Nature
Rock Smash
Refresh
Softboiled
Doubleslap

Not DNite the Shelgon Lv 24
Rock Head
Lax Nature
Bite
Leer
Headbutt
Focus Energy

After I grind I'll fight Norman. So, I'll start narrating in a few.

Alright, guys, let's go fight my dad. Man, that run back to Petalburg was a long one. Anyways, Dad, im coming for you. I guess I'll just clear out the gym trainers. NOOO, why Shelgon, why did you have to die. It would have been awesome to have both Salamence AND Dragonite. Fuck yourself lady. Time to release her I guess. Well, there goes Pidgeot. And Dragonite. I faced my dad on the field of battle, and he had a look of determination on his face. He led off with Spinda as I accidentally led off with Annoyance. I stay in knowing Annoyance is worthless, and he finishes her off with a Facade. I bring in AAAAAAAAAA to Bubblebeam the Spinda to death. Being reckless, I lose AAAAAAAAAA as well, which means I only have Shelley and Overbite left. Time to do it. Two Water Guns bring it down, but Norman sends in his Vigoroth next. After beating that, dad brings in his Linoone, so I will just Super Potion up. Unfortunately, Shelley falls as well, with only Overbite left. So, here it goes. And he's dead.

Even though I have reserves, I think I'll start over and just resume from this fight, giving you the team before I go into the fight.

Well, after the first failure I had, I'm back in the Petalburg Gym. Before I get into the fight against Norman, here is the team:

Wish Maker the Jirachi Lv. 24
Copycat the Kirlia Lv. 24
Bonerific the Marowak Lv. 24
RightRound the Baltoy Lv. 24
Hellhound the Houndoom Lv. 24
Beautqueen the Milotic Lv. 25

After I clear out the gym I'll narrate the fight against Norman normally, and talk from my character's point of view in the next chapter. Alright, here we go.

I lead off with Rachi, he leads off with Spinda. Two Psychics take it down, he sends out Vigoroth. He Facades, same deal as Spinda. Now he sends out Slaking. Facade hurts just cause of the fact that Rachi is five levels lower, but I heal on his Truant Turn. Luckily, I get the SpDef drop with one of my Psychics, but he sleeps me. I think I'll just use a Leppa Berry. I get a second SpDef drop, which helps me greatly, and I'm at a comfortable range of HP. He sends out Linoone, so I decide to Let Marowak have this one. And I beat him and Wally's dad gives me Surf. That's it, here is the team.

Jirachi Lv. 27

Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
Psychic
Shock Wave
Rest
Refresh

Kirlia Lv. 24

Trace
Hardy Nature
Confusion
Calm Mind
Teleport
Double Team

Marowak Lv. 24

Lightningrod
Sassy Nature
Bone Club
Headbutt
Focus Energy
Rock Tomb

Baltoy Lv.24

Levitate
Rash Nature
Psybeam
Rock Tomb
Mud-Slap
Harden

Houndoom Lv. 24

Early Bird
Lax Nature
Ember
Roar
Howl
Rock Smash

Milotic Lv. 25

Marvel Scale
Impish Nature
Surf
Twister
Refresh
Water Sport

I lost my first Ruby nuzlocke at literally the last pokemon on Champion Steven's team and I've just now gotten over it enough to start again. So here is my new team as of Route 102

Just starting a Black 2 Nuzlocke, was just wondering people's views on using repels to engineer the Pokemon you encounter? For example, I know that Eevee have a 5% chance of appearing in Castelia Garden and are the highest level Pokemon available on the route, always encounterable at lv19. If i were to use a repel in combination with a Level 19 Pokemon to ensure I can catch an eevee, would that break the rules of the nuzlocke?

Clearly it would take away some of the chance element that makes Nuzlocke runs tense and exciting, but just on a strict rules basis whats the verdict?

Just starting a Black 2 Nuzlocke, was just wondering people's views on using repels to engineer the Pokemon you encounter? For example, I know that Eevee have a 5% chance of appearing in Castelia Garden and are the highest level Pokemon available on the route, always encounterable at lv19. If i were to use a repel in combination with a Level 19 Pokemon to ensure I can catch an eevee, would that break the rules of the nuzlocke?

Clearly it would take away some of the chance element that makes Nuzlocke runs tense and exciting, but just on a strict rules basis whats the verdict?
The strict rules basis is that you make the rules; it's your challenge and there's no competition going on here. However I believe most people here would believe it to be bending the rules to the point of breaking, but no one is likely to really judge you for it here. If you want to take advantages of loopholes like that you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)